Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

5,248 replies to this topic
lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:52 PM Edited by lil weasel, 01 July 2014 - 11:19 PM.

Do i need to fill out some form to play Chain Game, or it´s free to play?

If you have the right scripts (v2 game) you can jump in at any time.
Do read the preamble to get the better understanding of what you should and should not do when playing.
  • Cabbie101 likes this

Cabbie101
  • Cabbie101

15 FPS on GTA IV=Great

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

I have only one question,why are you using V2 script for Chain Game when almost everybody has V1 game?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:48 PM Edited by lil weasel, 23 July 2014 - 03:46 PM.

Since 2006 the V1 game has not been available (exceptions), except as pirated games.
The majority of current games use the V2 .exe scripts.
We do have V1 games every so often.

Read the preamble for the game. It contains script changes that you can copy (to your desktop) and then swap as necessary for playing the Chain Game.
Script Switcher Mirror
San Andreas Script V1
Try this script V2: https://app.box.com/...avy9yonm8truq5k {23 July 2014.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [The Chain Game]

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

Sorry I haven't been as active lately.

Just to clear up any confusion about the rules for waiting turns and hours to wait if no turn called; the first post has "wait 3 turns" or "wait 6 hours" if no one has called a turn. I've always wanted this to be a friendly game and kind of like a team playing to get to 100% & I'm always open to considering changes to the rules. If the majority want something changed and we think it's best for the game & players we'll make a change.

Thanks to lil weasel for the help provided recently.

Welcome to all the new players & thanks for playing!

And it's always good to see the regulars.

Hans5958
  • Hans5958

Play 6 GTA Games!

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:55 AM Edited by Hans5958, 18 July 2014 - 11:57 AM.

Nope, you must use the v2 scripts with your v1 game.
Read the preamble for instructions on where to get them.

Mission: Highjack
Called by: Li'l Weasel
Link: http://gtasnp.com/43021

Notes:
Purchased "Wang Motors"

OK, thanks for the info.

EDIT : Deleted double quote

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:29 AM

"wait 3 turns" or "wait 6 hours" if no one has called a turn. I've always wanted this to be a friendly game and kind of like a team playing to get to 100% & I'm always open to considering changes to the rules. If the majority want something changed and we think it's best for the game & players we'll make a change.

The 3 wait rule was originally introduced when the chain game started in 2005 when there was a high level of demand for San Andreas but now two more major titles have released for the series and many people prefer IV or V over San Andreas now so getting new players are hard to come by.

We've had 3 rounds of the Chain game in almost 10 months which is way too slow, the game isn't even fun anymore if things are this slow; it's not much fun trying to bring in teamwork when we're dragging a dead horse to begin with. Ever since the 2 mission, 4 hour rule has been brought in the Chain Game has finally started to see some life again. The III Chain game uses this rule and it doesn't make the game any less of a team effort.

I say we need to make the 2 mission rule permanent as there's no way we'll ever constantly have 4 active players anymore. We'll have to depend on clock resets to be able to take turns again which brings me to wonder why even bother with a 3 turn rule?

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

Definitely agree with that, enjoyed it a lot on this chain game which is the reason I started taking turns again unlike back when it was 3 turns.

Would be fun if that were the case, and it would make it less annoying to constantly wait until the next day to get another turn.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

How about a 3/4 rule and we look for ways to step up recruitment?

Do we have anyone in-house with good graphic design skills? I had an idea for one of those sig banner images everyone seems to like so much, but if I did it my self it'd look like crap and wouldn't be much of a recruitment tool. The basic idea is 4 links of a chain (similar enough to the CG banners for an association) with a link for each Chain Game - SA, VC, III and SA Mobile. I've been working on a project to bring our custom save features to mobile saves. It looks like all of the major barriers are close being conquered, but completed saves are still a long ways off. In the meantime, 2 players probably won't be enough for a proper game, so may as well start recruiting now.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

Did not miromiro have a couple made? Some place in these Lounge posts.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

I say we need to make the 2 mission rule permanent as there's no way we'll ever constantly have 4 active players anymore. We'll have to depend on clock resets to be able to take turns again which brings me to wonder why even bother with a 3 turn rule?

I disagree with one part; the chain game may be active again if we do something which will spark interest- those banners mentioned by Orion seem to be a great idea, unfortunately I don't know anyone who is skilled enough to make them. 

I have an idea how to make the Chain game more popular, though. I was thinking of something like 'advertising' our chain game on Steam discussion forums- either by making a group or something else on their discussion boards. I am not familiar with groups on Steam or their forums in general, but I feel that it might attract some of the active players of GTA games who use Steam. It may not work at all; if someone thinks or knows that this isn't a good idea or it isn't possible, just let me know. I'd like to hear your opinions on that.

By the way, I agree with Shoumic and Johan, I would prefer to have 2 mission/4 hour rule at least until the game is active again. 

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

Well if you guys can get more players then I don't see how that's a bad Idea at all. I don't think it'll be as easy to find players who will commit. If we can't get more players soon then I guess we should make it a 2/4 rule but for now let's see if new players can be brought.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

I discovered a rather odd glitch in Black Project mission. I was playing like usual up to the point where I opened a door to the launch bay. Soldiers, obviously, attacked me immediately and I realised that I haven't deactivated SAM sites yet. So I went back to deactivate them, and I came back and this happened:

0KMbgSxl.png

xhyiTZcl.png

qS4HI7sl.png

Basically, the soldiers completely ignored me; I even punched them, kicked them, shot them but they kept ignoring me. The only person which was 'active', running around the lauch bay was the scientist who I stole the keycard from. I replayed the mission a couple of times; I got the same results everytime. You have to deactivate the SAM sites, otherwise it won't work. I am not sure if anyone has discovered this before, but I am fairly sure that I am the first one. By the way, does anybody know what might be the cause of this glitch?

• Shou and Nick like this

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:29 AM

Quote from Hans5958 in the chain game:

" "The time limit to complete your turn is 3 hours. We will use the post time in the topic. The timer starts when a mission is called. After 3 hours have passed and the caller has not posted back, it's a forfeit and anyone else may call a turn."

so, it means after 3 hours I can upload a new savegame again, right?"

No. It means:

Take a turn, if it goes longer than 3 hours it's a forfeit. You then have to wait 1 turn to call another turn. You need to upload your turn's save at or before 3 hours duration.

Hans5958
  • Hans5958

Play 6 GTA Games!

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:15 PM Edited by lil weasel, 17 July 2014 - 05:46 PM. Post merged into correct topic.

EDIT: << Post moved to Lounge >>

me again, ... now.

How are you today? (sorry off-topic)

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

me again, ... now.

How are you today? (sorry off-topic)

Ok... Please, use the lounge for non-turn posts.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

If iLiR is going to stick with us for a while then I'm going to need to rethink our name plates again. I guess it's not too soon to start thinking about a round 110 scavenger hunt save patch and an eleventy-first upgrade with new vehicles, more hidden colors, new unique stunt jumps, and introducing... a new trick I learned from the Android save glitches, maybe. It involves objects, and objects tend to cause save stability issues so we're going to need to do a lot of testing.

Hans5958
  • Hans5958

Play 6 GTA Games!

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

Why guys don't update the wall of fame?

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:29 PM

Where can I find the v1 v2 scripts, none of the links are working and I,m ready to start playing again. I just got new computer done (built) and am itching to play. Thanks in advance.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

V2 scripts:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ja9cl1

Captain Zhao
  • Captain Zhao

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:41 PM Edited by Captain Zhao, 03 August 2014 - 06:45 PM.

Hey I'm new to the game and I  have a question  gambling is not allowed right ? and  wth  with green sabre glitch? (only v1 player can pass)

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:05 PM Edited by lil weasel, 03 August 2014 - 09:09 PM.

In this go-a-round, Green Sabre must be done by a Version 1 .exe base gamer, or the barriers will not be removed from the bridges. It is not a glitch, as much as the modding to the programming of the Chain Game.

I don't know of any rule against gambling?

Captain Zhao
  • Captain Zhao

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Oh I see 

about gambling ...  I mean CJ can become rich very fast ;) :lol:   (this can be considered as a cheat)

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Chain Game: If the UFO Curse is active then avoid the Wheel O' Fortune game. It'll screw up CJ's money really bad. Try it sometime, just don't save and expect to submit it for your turn.

General: Do not accept a debt call from the Mafia before the Are You Going mission is available or the Badlands mission strand will shut down. This is hard to do by accident. CJ needs a debt in LV without a wanted level.

There's not much point in exploiting the betting track for extra cash other than as insurance against the UFO curse. CJ usually has plenty of cash. The CG used to have more of a tradition of running up all of the stats, but gambling hasn't been a priority in a long while. IMHO, as long as you are running up the gambling stat using standard game play and built in exploits then... yeah, that's pretty cool, and the extra money is a bonus.

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:02 PM Edited by DREVIL919, 08 August 2014 - 12:02 PM.

Hey guys, I just downloaded the last couple saves and I think JAJ posted the wrong save. Both his and the captains saves are "Are you going to SF". Johns save has a lot more things completed in it than any of the previous saves. Some one check it out please. Mean while I think we ought to put a hold on the game til we figure it out.

Captain Zhao
  • Captain Zhao

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

Yea i think u are right  I just did "Are you going to SF "  and nothing more

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:27 PM Edited by lil weasel, 08 August 2014 - 01:28 PM.

When posting a "STOP" in the Chain Game, Please, Explain in detail what the problem is.

I will go now
Mission: Are you going to San Fierro?
Called by: Captain Zhao
Link: http://gtasnp.com/43373
Completion
% : 35.83%
Notes:

There is a call waiting.

THIS is the One to use Since It Was Completed First. It is not a matter of how much was completed.

This kind of thing happens every once in a while.

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

No, I think you missed the whole point. Johns post was wrong. The captains was right. But, since John made the last call and posted the wrong save, he should be given the opportunity to post the correct save. As it was his turn.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

Sure, he could post a more correct save, EXCEPT that it is well past the THREE hour limit.

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

So, you just nullify his turn. I thought it has always been sort of unwritten policy to give people the opportunity to correct their mistakes. But, maybe I was away too long and things have drastically changed. And, no-one noticed it was a wrong save until this morning. So, giving him the chance and time to resubmit the correct save would have only been fair. IMHO

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

Welcome back DREVIL919!

Thanks for the thoughts about my bone-headed mistake but stuff happens and the game has progressed. The point is for the game to be able to progress and it was too late before I saw your PM for me to make correction. I did check the link before posting but then decided to "make sure" the link was right and that's were it went wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users