Photo

Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

5,171 replies to this topic
Shoumic
  • Shoumic

(mm9

• The Yardies
  • Bangladesh

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:13 AM Edited by Shoumic, 16 December 2013 - 10:13 AM.

Why has this been made into another topic? We're all CG players here so I don't know why talking about rubregg's stream in the lounge would be a problem. Unless he requested this himself.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

It doesn't appear to have a Direct Connection to the Chain Game.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

(mm9

• The Yardies
  • Bangladesh

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

It would be good if you were to put this back in the lounge after the stream is done or whenever, all the chain game memories should remain in the lounge, this will just sink like any other SnP topic. 

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:38 AM Edited by rubregg, 17 December 2013 - 04:28 PM.

Any idea how long it will go for rub?

Not really. Well, max 3 hours, if the rules didn't change. I was planning on something like taking the big tour around the map. See what's coming back to me, see how fast I'll die in 4star-land, see how many of our additions I remember, struggle with controls and everything, .... you get the idea. So it may not go for the full 3 hours, but it shouldn't be a 30 minute thing either. I literally have *no* idea how it'll all go. I made a point *not* to play the game after getting it installed - only a very short test to see if it's running. I want to go into that chain game run as unprepared as possible, hoping it'll amuse you guys to see me struggle.... ;)

It doesn't appear to have a Direct Connection to the Chain Game.

lHey weasel, nice to see you again :)
Well - it is all about *taking my 1st turn in the chain game in years*, so I think it does have a very direct connection to the chain game. Thanks for making this into its own topic though - can't hurt to have it up there prominently can it? :) ...still I'm with Shoumic here, I think after the stream is done this should be put back into the chain game lounge.

Edit:
stream starting right about now...ish
stream finished; I'll post a link to the video later, I think it may well stay online to watch for a while.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hello?

I decided to check in here during the stream for anyone not logged into the chat at twitch.tv. 

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

I don't know for how long it's going to be up, but for now you can watch the whole thing.

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

I think it will stay there for at least a month or two. Alternatively, you can upload it on youtube as well, if you have an ability to upload videos longer than 15 minutes, thus you have a partnership. I am not sure whether the music you used is copyrighted or not, it may cause that audio might get removed. 

By the way, really nice stream, it was enjoyable to watch. :)

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

(mm9

• The Yardies
  • Bangladesh

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

Yeah it was great! Fell asleep for about 30 minutes (was tired, not bored) but it was great to see you playing after all these days. 

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

...after *finally* catching up with some sorely-needed sleep, let me say:

Thanks guys for dropping in on the stream, it made it all the even-more-fun :)

I loved to see how I was basically completely lost at start, and how things started to come back little by little. I had completely forgotten about the falling planes secret, for example - way cool to experience it like the first time!

If the video will stay up on twitch for a month or two, that'll be just fine. I don't know how long my youtube uploads can be, and the music won't be ok either I suppose.

As for the Chain Game - I wasn't planning on going full-on back into the modding, because time. (Hell, I'd have to learn everything from scratch I guess.) I was thinking of doing the odd turn... and be around.... like not disappear for another 4 years. Happy to help out here or there, or do some testing, ....... you get the idea.

As for streaming - I definitely won't stream every turn I take, that would be too boring I suppose. I might stream if I ever get enough practice in to seriously try out our rallies again. Or if I think of something else that would make it fun and interesting.

Shoumic, are all your sigs from films? I spotted Blade Runner the other day, also one of my favs...

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

(mm9

• The Yardies
  • Bangladesh

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

Shoumic, are all your sigs from films? I spotted Blade Runner the other day, also one of my favs...

Most of them are ha! Because of my love for women all of them couldn't be from movies. :D

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

Most of them are ha!

ok, so I'll keep a look out to see if I recognize more. yay, spot the movie! :D

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

Hey guys, I really messed up my first turn in a long while. I ran over a couple minutes, couldn't find the uploader and when I did I guess I posted a whole new post. Anyway I forgot to add Boat school (gold). It took me about 10 minutes to find how to post again..... I am really out of practice. Welcome back to rubregg. I started watching your video turn. It seems like it takes a little getting used to after a long time away from the game. It sure did for me. I'll be hanging around now that I'm back.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

I've gotten caught with the 'Back' arrow, too. Seems a person must update the page as a 'back' might just display the actual old page instead of the updated page like it used to do.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

(mm9

• The Yardies
  • Bangladesh

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

The checklist is being a pain guys, I'm guessing we will just have to wait till the Admins enable the tableb tags once again which will take a while. 

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

Yeah, blatantly didn't make it to watch the stream live, but watched 3 hours of the stream and it was fantastic to see.

Had plenty of laughs, as i bet you did too.

Lost the pink Remington as your first move, good job!

Blowing up airplanes was cool, and i enjoyed the 4 star adventures as well.

Good times.

GC

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

Hey GC, cool new pic (ref.). Or maybe you've been using it for the last couple of rounds and I'm just now figuring it out. And for that matter, when did your name change to !!GC!!?

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:07 AM

Hey Orion. Yeah, it's great. I like my avatar. Cool to have my real-life car displayed in my favourite game and awesome that you were able to raise the bonnet!

I've had it pretty much since you made it....and changed my name when i worked out names could be changed!

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by rubregg, 22 December 2013 - 03:38 PM.

The problem of getting a map image with a decent (read: small) file size has come up. Can't for the hell-of-it find the quite right now, but thought I'd post this here.

When I made the new map back then, I just couldn't get it to even close to the size of pdescobar's old one. I distinctly remember that what eventually did the trick for me was a plugin for irfanview called "PNGOUT", it has lots of compression options. I did a lot of testing back then, how to get best image quality with smallest size. I forget the details, but I'm pretty sure I strongly limited the amount of colours. Don't remember if I saved a full 24bpp bmp in open office and did all compression in png-out, or if toned down the no. of colours in open office first, and then some more with png-out. That plugin, however, was the one tool that finally did the big part of the compression.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:39 AM

That's right. PD had really clear and very small pngs. And PNGOUT looks mighty familiar, I bet I tried that but still couldn't figure it out. I resolved the issue of clarity by changing much of the text to white. I feel it looks odd to have two text colors but I balked at the task of reworking all the background colors. The file size issue has pretty much taken care of itself. Image hosting sites seldom restrict images to under 1 megabyte anymore, and most people would hardly notice the difference between a 1 meg jpg or a 3 meg png anymore.

I can't figure out where I made the comment about the map either, but I believe that I was trying to be a little apologetic for messing up your save stuff. You're back and I got caught with my hand in the cookie jar. So...sorry I gave away your plates. Sorry the LV jetpack is back in the spot where I like it. And sorry I messed up all the colors on your map.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

I believe that I was trying to be a little apologetic for messing up your save stuff. You're back and I got caught with my hand in the cookie jar.

*Nothing* to be sorry for, nothing at all! I disappeared, you guys kept going (and I'm glad you did), all is fine. :)

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:44 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 30 December 2013 - 07:23 PM.

Catalina has left CJ. I repeat; Catalina has left CJ. 

Why even live anymore? :cry:

Catalina1992.jpg

Because she really is worth it Shoumic :p

Edit: 100th Like Hahahaha

• Shoumic likes this

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by Spadge007, 30 December 2013 - 07:01 PM.

I downloaded the chain game, but after I put the save on slot 2, my game crashes after the loading screen ..

May it be because I i'm not on version 2.00 ? (I'm not sure, but on the main menu there isn't written 2.00, so probably it's the first version)

I also used a cheat on my own save (since I finished the storyline and wanted to mess around) (I won't re-upload my save, I just wann try out the world first, if I like it, I'm going to re-install the game if I wann a upload someting)

Also, the save which I downloaded is written in green, my own save is written in white.

Help ! :(

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

(mm9

• The Yardies
  • Bangladesh

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

^ You need V2 scripts.

V1: https://app.box.com/...5a57eb10cb423f6

V2: https://app.box.com/...1fa6d4dd288c13b

Place the V2 scripts in your "Script" folder in your SA directory. Keep the V1 as a backup so you could play V1 saves in the future. 

• WildBrick142 likes this

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

To FluttermaidGTA

You are only supposed to do one race if you also do a named mission, you did two. Check the rules and guidelines.

FluttermaidGTA
  • FluttermaidGTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

Oh right crap I knew that  :rampage: Am I able to redo my turn or will it just be negated?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:38 PM Edited by OrionSR, 30 December 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Also, the save which I downloaded is written in green, my own save is written in white.

Thanks for noticing. That's a little trick I do to identify special saves, like the starter save (green), independent save (blue, I think), or a debug or edited save (red). The trick requires editing the save or using some CLEO tricks, so it's not something you can do during the rounds. If you check the download page from GTASnP you'll notice a ~g~ at the start, which is how San Andreas applies colors to text. Other colors would be ~b~ blue, ~r~ red, ~y~ yellow and... I forget the rest but you should be able to look it up somewhere in a modding topic.

@Fluttermaid, don't worry about an extra race on your latest turn. You've been given a friendly reminder but this mistake shouldn't effect anything so just let it go this time and remember the rule in the future.

Hm... it looks like you fixed the race rule violation, but now your turn is way over the time limit. Again, don't worry about it this time, just live and learn. Even experienced players make a mistake from time to time.

FluttermaidGTA
  • FluttermaidGTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:48 PM Edited by FluttermaidGTA, 30 December 2013 - 10:56 PM.

Fair enough  :lol:. Yeah I knew it was friendly but I don't like breaking rules I guess. Also I re-did my turn anyway just to be safe, so now someone else has a shot at the second race I accidentally did, and can probably get a better time too. I spun out at least 3 times during it but somehow still managed to win. 

OH GOSH DARN IT. I SHOULD REALLY READ OVER THE RULES AGAIN HAHA. Yeeeah I have most defiantly learned my lesson.

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

^ You need V2 scripts.

V1: https://app.box.com/...5a57eb10cb423f6

V2: https://app.box.com/...1fa6d4dd288c13b

Place the V2 scripts in your "Script" folder in your SA directory. Keep the V1 as a backup so you could play V1 saves in the future. 

Thanks, I downloaded the scripts, but where can I find the script files and the SA directory ? Should I just place them in the folder once I found it ? (sorry for by noobishnes in this domain, I'm rarely doing such things like modding etc.)

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

(mm9

• The Yardies
  • Bangladesh

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

You should find the script folder once you enter 'Data' in the SA directory. :^:

Make sure you extract the RAR files that I provided as well. :p

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:08 PM Edited by Spadge007, 31 December 2013 - 01:09 PM.

Uhm ... where's the SA Directory ? Do you mean user files ? (sorry, I'm not english, so I also don't know some of the therms, hope you won't loose your patience with me ^^' )

But that with the extracting is done --> basics I know ;p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users