Quantcast

» «
Photo

Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

5,486 replies to this topic

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

During my turn today, I discovered rather odd glitch. I was able to drive a blown up car, but it wasn't actually blown up, but it was missing wheels and it looked like a car wreck too. But you could hit a wall or something with it and it would blown up again, this time it wouldn't be enterable.

Xe4V64kl.png

In order to perform this glitch you need to wait till valet is in the underground car park and game tells you to waste him. You need a good weapon (minigun works splendidly) and quickly destroy his car. Make sure the body is still inside the car. Then pick up the clothes icon and if everything worked well you will now be able to drive a blown up car. Sometimes it doesn't work, I'm not quite sure what has to be done exactly, but this worked for me most of the time.

• Shou and Alchemist like this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:15 PM Edited by lil weasel, 25 November 2013 - 07:51 AM.

Something is wrong. when I down load 40205 I(  <http://gtasnp.com/40205> ) It says only 71.12% is completed, and many done missions are not checked... ?

EDIT: New save from JAJ ... http://gtasnp.com/dl/40332

Had trouble getting back into forum; ERROR 524.

Taking a turn now. Can't do it.

The save in the game menu says it is was "Ran Fa Li".

and is starting at the Doherty Garage. In the download it says and should be "SF to LV" race.

Would someone please check the two saves and say what they got/found.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [The Chain Game]

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

Hey guys Just a Heads - Up:
I've changed the rules a bit:

3 mission wait changed to 2 mission wait

and

6 hour wait for a no turn call changed to 4 hour wait for a no turn call.

• Shou likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

Hey guys Just a Heads - Up:
I've changed the rules a bit:

3 mission wait changed to 2 mission wait

and

6 hour wait for a no turn call changed to 4 hour wait for a no turn call.

I assume that this is due to the recent dip in activity, sounds like a nice change and hopefully it will increase the turns taken in the Chain Game.

Also, JAJ, how do you keep screwing up with posting the correct save file? Seems kind of odd, thats all.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

It's a two step process in the 'easy' copy paste posting.

A set up like

[url=linka]linkb[/url]

where a and b should be the same, a typo a & b where b never changes thus we are directed to the wrong link. Things happen. It was straightened out. :^:

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

It's a two step process in the 'easy' copy paste posting.

A set up like

[url=linka]linkb[/url]

where a and b should be the same, a typo a & b where b never changes thus we are directed to the wrong link. Things happen. It was straightened out. :^:

Ah, Ok, Thanks for mentioning :^:

Shoaib Shaikh
  • Shoaib Shaikh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

Mission: Burglary / Gang Tags.
Called by: Li'l Weasel
Link:  http://gtasnp.com/39790

Notes:

Arms cache in CJ's Kitchen.

Super-Sprint Acquired.

Purchased;

Jefferson,

El Corona, and

Verona Beach safe houses.

Motor skills upped four times.

Health bumped up twice.

Muscle up once.

Fat down twice.

Fed CJ twice from Spunk machines and twice from Chili Dog vendors.

what is this mod about i want to know, perhaps the main duty of a modder is to explain the concepts of the mod very deeply and intersting so that the reader might get the exact understanding about what you want to say

Shoaib Shaikh
  • Shoaib Shaikh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

i am CONFUSED :facedesk:

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:07 PM Edited by OrionSR, 02 December 2013 - 12:06 AM.

The modified save is described in the first two posts in this the game topic. Please post all questions and comments in the Lounge for the Chain Game topic. This The game topic is for taking turns.

Having post moved between topics can lead to inaccurate information. I wonder if Shoaib will even find the response in here.

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

I certainly didn't expect Rubregg coming back. :O What a surprise, indeed! Welcome back, Rubregg! :)  I wasn't around at the time when you were active, but would you mind telling us what was the reason why you were inactive? A lot things have changed since you became inactive, way too many to list, I don't even know where to start hehe.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

Oh god damn it's the fricking legend. Let's hope he's not gone inactive for another 4 years. 

• 0909090 likes this

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

Hi Guys,

Let me start with this: I'm impressed & very happy to see that the Chain Game is still going. 100+ rounds ...... man!! Thanks so much to everyone who kept this going. I only had a brief glance at the related topics so far, new forum and all, but it certainly looks like a *lot* of work has been done keeping the old threads alive and up to date. Great stuff guys, I can't thank you enough!

Now let's see, how can I best sum up wtf happened back then....

Main reason for leaving: health issues (no worries, almost back to normal now)
....then a couple of things happened rather simultaneously: my computer broke and with it the hard drive with *all* my gta stuff on it. Last physical backup at home was way too old (pre script overhaul). Online backup got deleted because I got that inactivity warning while I was in hospital - so when I got back home my whole account had disappeared. So basically *all* my things GTA are gone - scripts, forum post templates, save files, videos (I *did* have an all-14-jumps run of the Katie Jumps Rally captured, just not processed & uploaded yet). That sucked so hard, it literally kept me off everything GTA for quite a while.
....then, ...well, I guess "Life happened" or something. New job, not much time to play, yadda yadda... Also, youtube censoring some of my vids for music I used (even though: no complete songs, minor quality, lots of game sound mixed in, I own the CDs, etc), plus youtube not letting me log into my account anymore without a gmail account.... guess I'm not too proud of it now, but back then I sort of just went "duck you, youtube, duck you google" and went my way.

So much for the past.
Recently.... Well: fairly new computer, very new graphics card (yes! I can run games on higher than 800x600 now! *happyface*), been on steam for a while now (rubregg), have on some point played GTA4 but wasn't all too impressed with it, so that was a rather short & disappointing thing for me. Have been playing quite a bit of Serious Sam 3 and am now playing lots of Borderlands 2. Fi-na-lly thought "sod it, google", made my gmail account, had a look at my youtube and found a few notices there (OrionSR even! -> thanks man <-) pointing me toward round friggin-100. Saw that & came straight here....

So anyway - believe you me, I'm really not proud of my disappearing act, but... that's the way it came to be.

I would really like to thank each and every one of you guys who has on some point or other attempted to contact me - you have brightened up my life when lots of sh*t was going on. Even though I couldn't really reply back then, you have been heard, and I'd really like to thank you guys for your efforts.

Now let's see.... I don't even know if I can still find my SA disc and if so how scratched it'll be. If I get it installed & running I might as well.... (this is a fairly big "if" though...)

• JAJ, OrionSR, !!GC!! and 3 others like this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

rubregg! It's great to see you again. Most of the rounds played since you've been away have been played on your round 38 and 39 saves. Round 100 was played on a classic 39 save patched with the collectible pickups removed to make room for a hidden item hunt. Round 101 finally featured an update to your old scripts from round 45. I'll pm you with a download link for the CG45 release package. If you are interested I'll get my notes together for the round 101 scripts. Um... I guess my documentation is a bit sloppy. I wasn't expecting anyone to be ready to read them just yet, although... both Shoumic and 0909090 have shown a bit of interest in modifying the CG saves.

It's looks like you've been out of action since shortly after the proofed girlfriend cars were discovered. There's been a few fun tricks discovered since then. One of the more difficult challenges is collecting Tenpenny's indestructible ladder trucks, but it requires a suicide so it's not something we can do during the chain game.

I recently figured out how the gym glitch works, btw. Although some people aren't completely convinced that the feeding strategy that has worked so successfully over the years shouldn't have any effect on the glitch. It turns out it's a rollover glitch with the in game calendar; a day/month stat that isn't displayed anywhere without the aid of a save editor. If CJ exceeds the daily limit late in one year and revisits early the next year the glitch might be apparent, depending on the day of the month. This was the last of the major glitch mysteries, so it was nice to finally work out a logical solution.

My condolences on the lost of your platinum video. There's been occasional talk or reviving the CG rallies but nothing's taken off just yet. Katie Jumps was certainly a highlight of the game for me. It's not often that such an arbitrary goal can be accomplished with so slim of margin for error. The only thing I can think of that is similar was completing the Sight Seeing missions in Liberty City Stories before the islands were unlocked.

Anyway... Welcome back. I'll let you get oriented without overwhelming you with random trivia.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:04 AM Edited by rubregg, 10 December 2013 - 11:07 AM.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. :)

...so I found my disc, got the game installed, but...

I can run games on higher than 800x600 now! *happyface*

...turns out I can't. 800x600/32 is the only option my SA is giving me. *sadface* .....any tips here?

Another thing: under my name on the left here, it says "1 warning points". When I click there I'm getting the message: "There are no warnings to display." So what's up with that?

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

I don't see any warning points...probably a migration error from moving to the new forum engine.

Anyways, do you have the correct drivers installed for your GPU? What OS are you using? Try running in compatibility mode.

And many welcomes to you. I have joined SA's Chain Game some time ago, and was always impressed about your work, and kinda sad that no one updated it anymore...until now that is!

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

Another thing: under my name on the left here, it says "1 warning points". When I click there I'm getting the message: "There are no warnings to display." So what's up with that?

Yo

Only you can see that, it acts as your member log now although the mods haven't sorted it out fully yet. As you've noticed, medals are gone so that warning point is either a verbal commendation, reminder or verbal warning from before. 

Bottom line, I'd ignore it. 

Regarding your PC, may I know your specs?

I'm in the process of sorting out the checklist..The new forum is a pain. 

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:09 AM Edited by rubregg, 12 December 2013 - 01:11 AM.

As you've noticed, medals are gone so that warning point is either a verbal commendation, reminder or verbal warning from before.

Actually I hadn't noticed. Right, there were medals. Can't remember ever having any warnings, so... I think I had some sort of commendation before those medals were even there, so could as well be a leftover from back then.

As for my game. Yeah. Well. total-gui-derp on my side, got the good resolutions working after all. Tested one of the last saves of #102, loaded fine. Means I could technically do a turn some time soon....

Now here comes a little surprise for you guys: I plan on streaming my 1st turn in years on twitch, so you can watch me struggling with .... basically everything. tbh - I think I don't remember sh*t, beginning with the controls. I think some things will come back quickly, others might not, I simply have no idea. Will try to get around as much as possible, will definitely die a lot (stuntplane etc), will see how much of the fun stuff comes back to me, ... you get the idea.

I'll possibly do it some time this weekend (thinking Fri or Sat), will try to post exact details as soon as I know.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:07 PM Edited by rubregg, 13 December 2013 - 07:36 PM.

double post, because news.

I was thinking of streaming Sat 1700 GMT (which should be Sat 6pm EU, Sat 12pm Eastern US / Sat 10:30 pm India / where else are you guys from? oh, Australia, dammit, that would be Sun 4am. crap. GC still around?). Edit: delayed till start of new round

...hard to make it so it's *not* middle-of-night for someone...

Anyway, that ok? Noticed a new round is just about to start - will that work out, or should I delay a cple of days?

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:17 PM Edited by Shoumic, 13 December 2013 - 07:17 PM.

will that work out, or should I delay a cple of days?

This.

GC is not around anymore. 

E: Damn it the flags are gone, I'm from Bangladesh. 

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:18 PM Edited by 0909090, 13 December 2013 - 07:19 PM.

If you'll be streaming at 17:00 GMT I will surely check that out :) .It's 6pm for me (Slovakia), so it's fine. Though, I don't know whether the next round will be up by tomorrow.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:19 PM Edited by OrionSR, 13 December 2013 - 07:20 PM.

I'm scheduled to work pretty much all waking hours through the weekend, so I won't be able to watch live. But I am interest in this twitch technology. It's recently integrated into another game I play so I'm really curious about how it works.

!!GC!! was around for round 100, maybe 101, but I haven't seen him recently.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:43 PM Edited by rubregg, 14 December 2013 - 04:47 PM.

Ok, stream delayed till start of next round. I also just remembered the massive recent decay in my web connection so I might shove the time around. Stream quality will be rather low-res to start with, because of my bandwidth; let's not put additional bottlenecks onto that.

Also: Slovakia, Bangladesh - cool! I always liked how the chain game went literally all around the globe :)
(Slovakia is of course extra-cool, because Marek Mintal.... ;) )

Edit: Shoumic, I only just now really noticed your signature. Wow! I love that film! One of my all-time-favs in fact...
Ededit: Shoumic, I only just now really noticed you have a dynamic sig. XD ...was talking about Drowning by Numbers...
  • 0909090 and Shou like this

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

Now that the round is up, you can stream whenever you like, Rubregg. :p Actually, I am watching your Twitch channel and something is going on... though I don't know what it is.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

Ededit: Shoumic, I only just now really noticed you have a dynamic sig. XD ...was talking about Drowning by Numbers...

Haha thanks, I was wondering which one you were talking about. xD 

Great film, great film. 

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

Thanks for dropping into my BL2 stream, guys! Much appreciated. .....and hell yeah, I bet you had some fun watching me struggle with that little cock-up there, bwahahahaha. In fact, I expect the GTA stream to be even more of a blunder, but hell who cares, I don't.

Actually, I am watching your Twitch channel and something is going on... though I don't know what it is.

It's a challenge I'm taking part in, in Borderlands 2. Short version: you can't die. You die, you delete your character and start over. ...hence the careful gameplay; I normally play *quite* differently, but am adjusting to the task at hand here.

As for the SA stream - I'll see when I can do it best, then I'll post times here at least 24h in advance.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

oh, Australia, dammit, that would be Sun 4am. crap. GC still around

Oi, you, im from New Zealand, thank you very much. Jeeez. :lol:

Ah, sh*t, rub. Can't actually believe you're back. Really good to see your name in a *new* post.

Im gonna send you a PM.

Also, sorry guys, will take more turns in this round :santa:

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

Oi, you, holy sh*t, how bloody careless of me. Desolated. .....maybe 'cos that NZ cafe down my road has closed a few years ago... :(

anyway, so NZ is GMT + 1300. god this time planning is a mind-f*ck lol

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

Oi, you, holy sh*t, how bloody careless of me. Desolated. .....maybe 'cos that NZ cafe down my road has closed a few years ago... :(

anyway, so NZ is GMT + 1300. god this time planning is a mind-f*ck lol

Oh, sh*t, did it? Thats a bit crappy. Wonder if they came back here. That was a cool picture of the NZ cafe.

Yeah, we are indeed +13. Just set up a time that is the most convenient for all the other countries that aren't in the middle of the pacific ocean and i'll just set an alarm to get up or whatever. I used to have to do that. I'd love to be there to watch though.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:11 PM Edited by rubregg, 15 December 2013 - 12:13 PM.

double post, because schedule. ha! thx for the save there, GC :)

I will stream my 1st turn in years this Tuesday at 1300 gmt/utc.
Which makes it:
EU: Tue 2pm -- US EST: Tue 8am -- US PST: TUE 5am -- Bangladesh: Tue 7pm -- NZ: Wed 2am

I hope i got my math right there, maybe better double-check your time zones... I'm also trying to get a TS3 server so we might have a chat while I play; haven't yet heard back from the guys I asked though. ...does any of you guys have access to a TS3 server we could borrow for the occasion?

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:16 AM

Any idea how long it will go for rub? (The longer the better for me because at that time, i need to choose whether to stay up, watch it then nab a couple hours sleep before work, or go to sleep super early, wake up and stay up til work starts. More likely the latter)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users