Photo

Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

5,193 replies to this topic
ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

Hmm, I just tested round save and it seems that restart traps aren't enabled.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:46 AM Edited by shoumic, 21 August 2013 - 09:48 AM.

QUOTE (0909090 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 15:35)
Hmm, I just tested round save and it seems that restart traps aren't enabled.

When Orion wanted suggestions whether the restart trap should be enabled or not in the Beta testing topic. Radioman and I said it wasn't needed. No one really went against the idea so I guess that's why he disabled it. I don't think anyone else besides us two even gave their opinion regarding this back then.

QUOTE (Radioman)
As far as the Restart Traps go, I say it should be safe to leave them out for now.

QUOTE (shoumic)
There are already ways to avoid this trap for example if you die at the Bloodring or if you re-spawn in front of Katies house. Players already know that they are not allowed to die and if they still continue the save will not be accepted. We can simply check if the last player has died or not and then start taking the turn as GTASnP actually indicates how many times the player has died. So go ahead and remove it..

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:13 PM Edited by DREVIL919, 21 August 2013 - 01:21 PM.

I think GC used the wrong save, I think he used shoumic 's first save instead of his second save. This gave him a 5.88% when it should have been around 9.63%. We will have to go back to shoumic 's last turn.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

Yes, he definately used the wrong save. It doesn't have any of the 4 star activities I have done.

We shall continue with this turn?

QUOTE (shoumic)
The 3 mission rule has been reset. My turn.

Mission: 4 Star SF Stuff.
Called by: shoumic
Link: Here you go
Completion %: 9.09%
Notes:

Completed Go Go- Karting.
Completed Bloodring.
SF Gym moves.
NRG-500.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

So, can I take a turn again?

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

Yes. Just call it....

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

Ahh, sorry guys sad.gif Thats bad. Im glad someone noticed it.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hey JAJ, great job with the front pages, I finally got around to reading them but I found some mistakes that I thought you should know about.

Here's the first one. The color tags need to be fixed here. This is at the credits section over here .

user posted image

Here's the second mistake. Moving the "[/url]" to beside '101 v2 for independent play' will fix this. Located at the Independent play sub section.

user posted image

Here's the third one. I'm not sure why the ".size=-1" is there, I don't think it's even supposed to be there. Can be found here .

user posted image

Here's the last one. Should the text be that small? And the "[size=3]" shouldn't be there. Can be found under "New Unique Stunt Jumps".

user posted image

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

I actually wanted to PM JAJ about that, but it was 2am when I read the frontpages so I decided to leave it on tommorow, but shoumic was apparently faster.
Also I found few more things:
user posted image
- Restart Traps don't work on this save
user posted image
- 2 new unique stunt jumps have been added, I suppose that this isn't big mistake since they are mentioned in other section
user posted image
Bug fixes BBcode error
user posted image
-Testing and ideas, Radioman is mentioned twice
user posted image
-Map for collectibles, BBcode error

Also here in image posted by shoumic there is another error
user posted image
These saves are originally from 101st round would be correct I guess tounge.gif

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 16:54)
These saves are originally from 101st round would be correct I guess tounge.gif

Ha yeah, looks like he forgot to edit the text. I found another small mistake as well.

user posted image

There should be another 0 in '090909' to make 0909090.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

Yesterday, during my turn when I was obtaining comprehensive proof Tampa, I wanted to put it on the top of the Mullholand garage, but I noticed that Packer is missing. I tried to drive away, I even reloaded the save but nothing happened. Was Packer removed from there?
Anyway, sorry I lost mutant copbike somehow. blush.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (aFinn's CG Vehicle Plan)
Boat School - 1 Silver - Packer at Mulholland

I'm pretty sure this info is still accurate. Is this post linked in the frontpages?
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058515052

There are quite a few suggestions I could make for the frontpages, but I'm not sure this is the place for the discussion.

Thank you for confirming that the restart traps are disabled and the original restart locations appear to be working as expected. This is an all or nothing modification; if one original restart works they all should.

This is the first full test for these saves, so please continue to make observations and report anything out of the ordinary. Or for that matter, confirm that things are working as expected.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:12 PM Edited by 0909090, 23 August 2013 - 10:16 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 22:06)
QUOTE (aFinn's CG Vehicle Plan)
Boat School - 1 Silver - Packer at Mulholland

I'm pretty sure this info is still accurate. Is this post linked in the frontpages?
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058515052

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about this. Everytime I put something in Mullholand garage there was already Packer so I was under impression that it spawns from the very beginning. As for the frontpage suggestions, I have quite a few too, actually, mostly regarding girlfriends since they are modified a little.

As for that restart traps confirmation, there's no need to thanks me, from time to time I like to play a little with chain game saves especially now since they are new, so I discover some things occasionaly. Just like when I discovered that problem with barriers, it was just pure luck.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

I'll be honest I'm always available to take a turn but for some reason I get so nervous that I never call it out since most of the guys here are pretty hardcore players so I feel like I might make a mistake that could ruin the whole run tounge.gif

But I'll take a turn eventually

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

As long as you're familiar with the basic rules and don't mod the game or anything I don't see why you should be scared in taking turns. We were all new at one point and we all made mistakes here and so will you but that's okay.

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:52 PM

Take a turn. If you mess up, someone will probably notice it and let you know. The game is for everyone. New, old, and like me very old. Age, that is. Go ahead and take a turn, and enjoy the game as we play it. You might be surprised!!!!!!

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (DREVIL919 @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 12:52)
Take a turn. If you mess up, someone will probably notice it and let you know. The game is for everyone. New, old, and like me very old. Age, that is. Go ahead and take a turn, and enjoy the game as we play it. You might be surprised!!!!!!

Absolutely. Im still making mistakes!
@Johacamigames It isn't uncommon, and there are always people to help you acknowledge the mistake
and rectify it, so there is nothing to be scared of at all.
Just call a turn, start off with simply completing a mission and posting it back here,
and move on to doing side-missions etc later on.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

Thanks for the advice guys! I'm aware of the rules and all, I re-read them hundreds of times in earlier Chain Game rounds tounge.gif the only problem I had was thinking whether it was right to do a mission or do a side mission.
I'll start taking more turns now!

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

In my last turn where I did 4 star gang wars I noticed that when I was almost complete (2 or so hoods till I'll have whole SF taken over) weapons and health, armour pickups started to disappear rather quickly and money barely showed at all. Occasionally I saw SMG or Machine Pistol dropped but they disappeared within a second. When I wanted to refill my armour I couldn't because it disappeared very quickly. I had to use Enforcers from roadblocks to refill my armour and Burgershot to refill my health. Also bodies disappeared rather quickly too.

I think it's because pickup pool is full, we should clear horseshoes, oysters or snapshots before we continue gang wars. Although, I managed to save successfully and took over all the SF hoods, but if armours and health started to disappear earlier, I wouldn't made it. Armour and health are important especially during 4-star gang wars where I refill my armour pretty often.

What really surprises me is that why those pickups didn't start disappear earlier not at the end of my turn. I don't know whether those gang wars pickups made pickup pool even more clustered than it already was. Just to clarify I didn't pickup dropped items much, besides armour and occasional health and SMG pickup, AK-47 pickup.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

Your observations are exactly what I would expect for conducting gang wars on a save that still has most of the oysters, snapshots, and horseshoes. The pickup pool isn't completely full, so it takes a while for the effects to creep in. Dropped weapons and money, and spawned health and armor will persist in the save if CJ moves out of the area before they have a chance to fully expire. You can mitigate these problems by collecting as many of the pickups as possible. Also, revisiting the areas of gang wars and missions with a lot of dropped or spawned pickups will allow the pickups to become active, realize their timer is up, and make their pickup slots available for reuse.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 20:29)
BTW, I haven't seen this in a while, but have you ever noticed that Rhino flipping in the air above it's spawn point?

user posted image
HA! Today as I was doing my turn I wanted to go back to Angel Pine and suddenly I noticed something above the Driving school. Rhino started spinning aboe its spawn place, I wanted to take a picture quickly but I managed to capture it quite late. But it was quite funny to watch, Rhino eventually exploded after being flipped over.
I wanted to finish my turn, but I screwed up I ran over a patient at 11th level of Paramedic, it can really ruin a mood to play.

BTW where's everybody, chain game seems to be inactive these days.

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:33 AM

OK, I just got introduced to the new format for the forums. What a mixup. Posted my save for a turn I took but it was over the time limit due to trying to get used to how everything works. Nobody else called a turn, but if anybody objects we can nullify the turn. 

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

How is it possible for NTSC & PAL players to swap save files?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

How is it possible for the U.K. and U.S. to use the same computer programs? (010101)

To simply say: The machines ability to output to a specific Video Device is unrelated to the data save.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

xiB29Grl.jpg

I was driving past driving school and suddenly I noticed that something started spinning and gaining heigh.. Weird things are happening with that Tank hehe. I have no idea why this happened.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

So... what's happened?

Did everyone 'burnout' doing the 100th and 6th repeat games?

Has the Chain Game (S.A.) died because of the release of the 'V' game?

It seemed to me that the interest fell off even before 'V'.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

I didn't burnout, I am just busy these days with school, and I don't have V game. I don't know whether any of the regular chain game players are busy with V but everytime I have a time and mood to play the game I participate in chain game.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

I'm still burned out from working on the 101 save but I'm trying to do my part. I'm still checking things over anyway. I was a bit disappointed that the FCR doesn't get unlocked by the Wang missions, and maybe even the black stunt plane, but it looks like it's working the way it is supposed to, for now. Maybe I'll change that if I tweak the save again. Opinions?

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

Hey guys, can we implement a 4 hour reset and a 2 turn wait rule like the GTA III chain game? At least for the time being 6 hours and waiting 3 turns is way too long. There hasn't been a single second turn taken by any player without the clock being reset which is very annoying and this barely makes this a Chain Game experience and it's been mainly Weasel and I taking turns where you need atleast 4 active players to make sure the game is flowing nicely, Occasionally 09 and Mateczko take turns which is nice who can act as the third player, which is all we need if a 2 turn wait rule were to be enforced at the moment.  

It doesn't even have to be a permanent change and the rules of the current round aren't even up yet.... And it doesn't look like we'll be seeing any new players any time soon so can we please put this into consideration? It's working fine for the other games and even the III chain game is more active than the SA chain game which was never the case before.  

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Not a bad idea. I went inactive because I am busy with other stuff, I don't have a time to take a turn during weekdays, sometimes not even during weekend. Hopefully, I will have more time to play soon, but I guess it wouldn't be bad if this rule was implemented. If it makes the game faster, then why not?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users