Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

5,178 replies to this topic
OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

@shoumic: Are you sure you used the correct save? It looks to me like all the other girlfriends are disabled.

@weasel: The extra armor is definitely something I'm reconsidering, but comments are best placed in the beta testing topic. Auto-exports are really easy to remove if that's the way people want to play, but again, please comment in the beta topic so I can get a better impression of everyone preferences.

If I disable the wanted level it'll just get repaired long before the trucking missions are available. I'll see what I can arrange for your short-cut, but there aren't many enexes to work with in the countryside.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:18 AM Edited by shoumic, 09 July 2013 - 02:33 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 08:14)
@shoumic: Are you sure you used the correct save? It looks to me like all the other girlfriends are disabled.

I was sure I did. I'll check once more and I'll edit this post.

Indeed they are, I edited my post. I'm not entirely sure how this happened as well. No need to go into that though, my turn will have to be forfeited.

laezy
  • laezy

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

Talking about the body armor, when i started playing the Chain game long back, Rubregg was active on the forums. He likes challenges and doing some things differently.

I had attempted 4 star gang wars during that time and believe me even that extra armor is no good against the attacking gangsters and police with their shotguns and SWAT teams. Just then OrionSR had discovered the Proofed cars from girlfriends, so i changed my tactics by using a proofed car from a girlfriend which makes the 4star gang wars much easier. As for as my vote goes, i say let's keep the armor strength unchanged as it is now(200).

About the Vehicle Exports I agree with OrionSR. We can have the garages free for collecting proofed and special vehicles. I like the present arrangement of "instant export"

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

From the Chain Game:

I tried to do SF to LV twice, but i fell through the bridge at Tierra Robada twice - doesn't matter if i slowed down to let it load etc.

Then i decided to do trucking and had to deliver to Bayside and my truck went through the other side of the bridge in the opposite lane.

Is this a fault with my game or with the save?

http://img39.imagesh...39/2703/fow.bmp

http://img27.imagesh...7/4016/k9j8.png

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

@ !!GameCH33TA!! Race worked ok for me, perhaps it would be good if other players tested the race as well just to be sure there's no problem.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 23:11)
@ !!GameCH33TA!!  Race worked ok for me, perhaps it would be good if other players tested the race as well just to be sure there's no problem.

Thank you for checking.
I think i pointed this out to rubregg once before actually. It seems as though i can do the race perfectly fine before the barriers are lifted, but afterwards, i cant.
Strange.
(because this Chain Game is V1 which means barriers and objects appear for V1 players but not V2 players, and i am V2, so i can complete the race from the beginning of the game)

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 02:47)
I tried to do SF to LV twice, but i fell through the bridge at Tierra Robada twice

How this glitch is propagated in the save is a mystery, other than it's related to different versions dropping the barriers. The early modded saves I made with pdescobar made the problem worse, but when rubregg and I discovered the link to the barriers we were able to change the creation scripts to avoid unnecessary manipulation of the barriers. I'm convinced that this isn't a problem with the modded save, and will always be a factor when players with different versions are playing the same save. Someone has to do the missions that drop the barriers. Even if they are all disabled at the start the standard scripts will still issue the commands.

Usually if you quit the game and load just that save the objects will be solid. And it's usually a good idea to restart the game before returning to your standard saves after taking a turn in the Chain Game. I'm not sure what else to suggest. lil weasel has made similar observations. Perhaps he can offer better work arounds.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 01:05)
2) aFinn turns in all of the remaining items.

Hahah!
Sorry I haven't been able to take turns, at first I kept missing taking turns by minutes, and then I started having troubles with my game, it minimises all the time. So unfortunately I haven't been able to explore which is a shame as I really got in the mood when I started to read here again.

I remember having that disappearing road/railway track once in the past, I think game restart helped.

The Armageddon
  • The Armageddon

Zohair Irani

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:55 AM Edited by The Armageddon, 10 July 2013 - 08:58 AM.

Completed the Quarry missions but..
After completing the fourth sub mission, before going to the final checkpoint to complete the mission, by mistake saved the mission. So, that final checkpoint , even after completing rest of the quarry missions does not disappear and still reamins there and also on the mini-map.
It is a glitch.
Does anyone know how to solve this and remove that checkpoint?
Here is the save : http://gtasnp.com/download/38120

If there is no solution, I will willingly forfeit, as I got the experience of Quarry missions, which I dont usually play.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:09 AM Edited by 0909090, 10 July 2013 - 09:16 AM.

It could happen on any other mission as well, I think you can use http://hmvartak.freeiz.com/fix.htm (Stray Blips, select destination one) in order to repair the save, but I don't know if this comply with chain game rules. Best would be to start over again and hope it won't appear.
<Repaired save download> (I don't know if you can use that save, but it's repaired and should be ok)

The Armageddon
  • The Armageddon

Zohair Irani

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:09)
It could happen on any other mission as well, I think you can use http://hmvartak.freeiz.com/fix.htm (Stray Blips, select destination one) in order to repair the save, but I don't know if this comply with chain game rules. Best would be to start over again and hope it won't appear.
<Repaired save download> (I don't know if you can use that save, but it's repaired and should be ok)

I think it wont mind, we havent made a major modification to the savefile.
Thanks a lot, man ! smile.gif icon14.gif
Appreciate your efforts. cookie.gif cookie.gif

The Armageddon
  • The Armageddon

Zohair Irani

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Sorry for the bump, but I think the 100% Check list should be updated because I was misleaded , I did 4 levels of Valet parking later to know it was already done by some one else. tounge.gif

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

It was only updated yesterday, and I'm pretty sure Dr. Evil has a life, so he can't update it after each turn. And you should have looked a few turns before yours to see what's been done, just for curiosity. Besides, when you go at the Uploader N' Downloader, you can see at the bottom of the page a link called "Click here to to display the mission & property checklist." where everything that's been done on the save file you're about to download has been checked. For instance, take my save file for the turn before yours, and by clicking on that line you'll see that the Saint Mark's Bistro along with the Valet Parking side mission have been completed.

Just a heads up for the future turns. icon14.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:28)
[...] [W]hen you go at the Uploader N' Downloader, you can see at the bottom of the page a link called "Click here to to display the mission & property checklist." where everything that's been done on the save file you're about to download has been checked. [...]

In the OPTIONs of that page you can make the checklist appear/open automatically when you open the uploader.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 05:09)

Let's review few things; We don't EDIT a save from the chain game and then offer it as a completed turn.
How can the Quarry mission be saved before it has been completed?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

I tried to do SF to LV twice, but i fell through the bridge at Tierra Robada twice

I'm convinced that this isn't a problem with the modded save

I don't think it has anything to do with the save itself, as I used to have this problem A LOT in the Tierra Robada area on normal saves back when I was using my old XP Home laptop to play the game-most of the time it only happened in Tierra Robada over by Toreno's place, though..This is on a Retail V2 game(original disc) and NO mods at that time(that was before I started using the Real Names mod)...I think it has something to do with what settings you use in-game, as that usually only happens on Low Visual FX settings, from my tests with this matter(never had this happen on Medium or High Visual FX settings..? Back on my old laptop, I thought it was cause of my low PC specs-I only had a VIA/SIS video card w/32MB vram and 256MB ram, and a AMD Sempron processor @798MHZ back then, but on bare minimum settings it ran the game quite well at 15-20 fps(20 most of the time)...So, i'm curious about this issue?

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (JAJ @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 22:01)
QUOTE (0909090 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 05:09)

Let's review few things; We don't EDIT a save from the chain game and then offer it as a completed turn.
How can the Quarry mission be saved before it has been completed?

Is it too much of a problem? confused.gif I thought hmvartak's tool is completely harmless, I even told him that I'm not sure if it comply with the rules, but I've offered save anyway. But I only removed the mission blip, nothing else.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

Since not everything's found and we're almost at the end, here're the stats atm.

Los Santos: 18 of 20
Red County: 7 of 10
Flint County: 8 of 10
San Fierro: 17 of 20
Tierra Robada: 6 of 10
Bone County: 9 of 10
Las Venturas: 15 of 20

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

I think we should leave chain game open even after End of the Line for those who would like to search for gloops. This will keep us busy till the 101th round save will be ready and released. smile.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

When closed the saves are still usable, you just can't post to it.

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

0909090 That sounds good. I think I disabled the jealous girlfriends in my last turn. I did all the turfs, then the mission fail, then the mission, then I took Denise out and Michelle showed up. But when we got back to the home sphere, a rioter pulled Denise out of the vehicle just as Michelle was coming into the sphere. I got a caught doubletiming and date over. So I think that is it for them showing up anymore.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

@ DREVIL Orion asked in beta testing topic
Car collectors: How likely is a She-Drives date to interfere with collecting the GF cars? My thought is that the GF progress is usually so low (under 35%) that these dates will seldom be a factor.

Perhaps you would want to say your opinion, I haven't got around testing much two timing dates yet, but it would be wise to say your opinion now.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:44 AM Edited by OrionSR, 11 July 2013 - 10:54 AM.

QUOTE (ilir @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 18:50)
Hello people remember me? Nice to see you all still playing my favourite game smile.gif

Yeah, I remember you. Welcome back, and thanks for the Hall of Fame topic. It's been very useful recently.

Two-timing dates are still enabled as of Ch33ta's Beat the Cock save. Getting caught doesn't disabled them.

I agree. Let's leave the round 100 topic open for a while. The 101 save won't be ready for a while and the hidden gloop will give players something to do in the meantime. Actually, I'm a bit surprised JAJ didn't revert the round back before the Quarry mission.

Anyone interested in finally finishing round 6?

@shoumic: Go get that gloop you found over the wall in Commerce before someone else claims it.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 10:44)
Actually, I'm a bit surprised JAJ didn't revert the round back before the Quarry mission.

Can hmvartak's tool damage the save? If so I apologize, I was under impression that it's completely harmless, I certainly didn't want to mess the save up. sad.gif I just offered him it as an option while I stated that I'm not sure if it comply with chain game rules. Sorry it won't happen again.

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

Two-timing dates are still enabled as of Ch33ta's Beat the Cock save. Getting caught doesn't disabled them.
Great that's something else we can do, get the last vehicle. And collect the rest of the pick ups.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by OrionSR, 11 July 2013 - 07:37 PM.

QUOTE (0909090 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 04:17)
Can hmvartak's tool damage the save?

hmvartak's glitch repair tool is very well written and unlikely to damage a save when used correctly. I didn't even bother to check for damage; that wasn't my concern. I'm not sure because I haven't tried, but it probably could damage the save if someone decided to delete a bunch of the standard radar blips.

Any kind of modification to the save besides playing the game with standard scripts and data files is prohibited by the rules. There is no ambiguity. JAJ is the only person who can authorize modifications to the save. However, it is still against our policy to edit a save that's in play. When problems are discovered the decision is either to continue if the glitch isn't too severe, or revert to a save before the glitch.

I can think of only two exceptions to the policy against editing the save. When problems are discovered with the custom modifications I have occasionally been authorized to make repairs so we can finish the round. Thorough testing and stable saves have made this an extremely rare event. Deliberate sabotage is the only other exception. We won't let a troll ruin the fun for everyone else.

The Gloop Is Out There

Hints:
1) The hidden item map and management post has been updated.
2) With one exception, a jetpack is unlikely to be of much help.
3) The Gloop is hidden in, on, under, or next to something else, and not in an open field with no point of reference.
4) Time is occasionally a factor.
5) This would be a good round to explore some of the CG exploits and features.

I want to offer a really big and public Thank You to ThaBoy for managing the hunt for hidden items. Well done.

Chain Game USJ Development
CG Players that are interested in contributing to the custom CG saves by identifying, coding, and testing new unique stunt jumps are welcome to join us in our topic in the modding forum.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:33 PM Edited by radioman, 11 July 2013 - 08:37 PM.

When problems are discovered the decision is either to continue if the glitch isn't too severe, or revert to a save before the glitch.

In all 100 rounds of the Chain Game, there is only one time when a round was started over due to a glitch in the save, and that was Round 6, when the barrier glitch was present, the round was restarted completely. Of coarse, this was back before we knew that all we had to do was have the opposite game version play the area opening missions..

on another note, because of that, this round was technically Round 99, not 100 since Round 6 was never finished, as when the round was restarted, it was named Round 7? lol tounge2.gif Here is Round 6..

I still remember how we had a glitch with the Pimping side mission in the earlier rounds to where when that side mission was done, then it could not be replayed for some reason? This happened a few times, if I remember correctly?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

Well, technically round 0 was played at GameFAQs, but yeah -- round 6. We can deal with that now. I suggest that we unlock that topic and re-host the pre-Green Sabre save and finish the round (or I could tweak the barrier if necessary). It's been a long time since we've played an unmodded save. Maybe this will remind everyone how annoying the exports and late races can be. I'm motivated to get this updated save with new plates released for round 101, and it's not ready yet.

I believe it was hmvartak that traced the Broadway glitch to an error in the Pillager mod being used by one of the players. I forget which player was using it. The strict no-mods rule is not arbitrary.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:18 PM Edited by shoumic, 11 July 2013 - 10:26 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 03:31)
Well, technically round 0 was played at GameFAQs, but yeah -- round 6. We can deal with that now. I suggest that we unlock that topic and re-host the pre-Green Sabre save and finish the round (or I could tweak the barrier if necessary). It's been a long time since we've played an unmodded save. Maybe this will remind everyone how annoying the exports and late races can be. I'm motivated to get this updated save with new plates released for round 101, and it's not ready yet.

I'm all up for it. Let's do this Orion, but it seems it will take us a very long time to find the Gloop and the Remaining Jetpacks. I was hoping we could do it simultaneously? We can leave the 100th round open for searching and we can Play the sixth round.

Question is:

How are we going to possibly Re-host the save? It's been expired for a really long time. The only way we can do it is by making a save from scratch and doing what's been done in the checklist then continue on from there.

I'm willing to do everything in that save in that order so we can get started. Just let me know. But I'd need someone's help though.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 22:18)
How are we going to possibly Re-host the save? It's been expired for a really long time.

JAJ is keeping the round saves as far as I know. He can reupload them and we can continue the round.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users