» «
Photo

Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

5,193 replies to this topic
The Armageddon
  • The Armageddon

Zohair Irani

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:14 PM Edited by The Armageddon, 04 June 2013 - 05:25 PM.

Hi guys..
While trying to upgrade Lung Capacity, I found this :
user posted image
I know its nothing special but just...

The thing I wanted to really show you is this :
user posted image
user posted image
It is a sort of symbol or such, dont know if anyone discovered it before or not...
I found this too while swimming underwater to increase my lung capacity. I found a boat nearby, so I stood on it, and captured a photo by the camera.(thank god I had one..).
Does anyone know what this is ? When I swam underwater, the figure seemed to be printed on the underwater cliff.

Also the location where I found it is circled red in the map below :
user posted image

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 14:28)
QUOTE (radioman @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 09:29)
For some reason on my last turn, I had to turn the Visual FX down to Low to prevent the game from lagging..[...]

I know you have a 'Real name' type mod installed in your game. But, Please, don't use 'Real' names as I expect some of our Players don't know the related Game Names, which lead to confusion.
It's also possible that your mods (if your using a moded game) might be part of your problem?

I had an un-modifed, clean, vanilla SA v1.0, 1.01, and 2.0.
All of those versions lags in the exact same spots, until I turn the Visual FX Quality to Low.
This problems happens only on low-end AMD video cards, like radioman's HD5470 or mine's HD5670.
In my opinion, it has something to do with how shadows are rendered, and are causing lag, but I might be totally wrong. I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of this lag, but no chance. I had a nVidia GT 220 before HD5670 and everything was working fine with no lags.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Mission Stolen cars will now appear in the Wang Motors.
Arch Angel is now open.

Heads up, those features are in the Chain Game from the beginning of the game, that is only true for normal unmodded saves. Those rewards were there on my last turn. lol tounge2.gif lol.gif There are a few new spawns that become available after those missions to compensate for this, if i'm not mistaken though?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:01 PM Edited by lil weasel, 04 June 2013 - 10:53 PM.

QUOTE (radioman @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 21:50)
Mission Stolen cars will now appear in the Wang Motors.
Arch Angel is now open.
Heads up, those features are in the Chain Game from the beginning of the game, that is only true for normal unmodded saves. [...] There are a few new spawns that become available after those missions to compensate for this, if i'm not mistaken though?

Heads Up, smile.gif we know that. Just repeating Game PoP Up message. Also there might be a new player who doesn't. Not every new player bother to read the preamble for the game.
Nearly every Player makes comments of Game Messages. Like when the Respect is increased, even though it is maxed out. The same with Arms Skills, a weapon is already maxed yet people report skill increase, like in the Ammu-Nation Challenge.

Further, maxing out the ammo of 'magazine' weapons (deliberately) isn't suggested.
Except for the Vigilante mission ammo over 500 isn't really necessary. (mini-gun excepted).

Listing of the 'new' spawns is in the preamble.

ENJOY

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

Since when does the Prickle Pine bridge count as the Interstate-I got an automatic 3-star wanted level during mission for crossing that bridge? Curious confused.gif Never knew that was part of the Interstate system? Thought that was just a Highway(like Highway 98)-Not like I-10?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

I think the mission is evaluating if CJ is in any of the freeway zones, and the zone height more than likely include the bridges. You could drive around and check the zone popups to see where the mission is restricted.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

@ The Armageddon : Regarding this attempt of yours to take a turn. I just wanted to say that it'd not have been against the rules for you to take a turn at that point, since the 3-mission wait rule was reset due to the 6 hours of no turns gap between your previous turn and mine. I've even posted here the time reset message, and in it it said that ANYONE could take a turn, including you.

In my time zone, which is GMT+2, your previous turn was finished Thursday, June 6 2013, 08:42, so that means that the 3-mission wait rule is reset 6 hours after that, at 14:42 in my GMT+2 time zone. I've posted my last turn and the reset message at 14:53, which means that it was a few minutes over 6 hours. Just so you now for the future.

Oh, and while I'm here. How's it possible that shoumic keeps on being able to complete the key missions (Green Sabre, Are You Going To San Fierro? & Yay Ka-Boom-Boom each round? Is it possible to have two different San Andreas versions on a single PC? And if yes, how would the San Andreas User Files folder work? It has to be two different folders as well. Could anyone enlighten me? I don't really believe he's bought the game twice...

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:03 PM Edited by shoumic, 06 June 2013 - 07:10 PM.

QUOTE (miromiro @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 23:07)
Is it possible to have two different San Andreas versions on a single PC? And if yes, how would the San Andreas User Files folder work? It has to be two different folders as well. Could anyone enlighten me? I don't really believe he's bought the game twice...

Yes. But they're named the same thing. I have better things to do than cheat on an online game... If that's what you're implying. Sometimes in these cases windows allows two files to be named the same thing if you didn't know that. I got version 2 because I always have problems with my version one. Although the game is original it still says V1 Modified whenever I upload a save, and crashes randomly a lot when entering a few buildings during a mission. I don't have any idea why it says that when I don't have any Mods installed. Even if I re-install the game it's like this. It's been like this since 2006.

Also, if I want I could put one of the user files folders in the Public folder and the other one on My documents if there ever is to be a conflict between these two files. So no it doesn't have to be two different folders if you know how windows works.

Edit: Here's an image.

user posted image

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

Oh, and while I'm here. How's it possible that shoumic keeps on being able to complete the key missions (Green Sabre, Are You Going To San Fierro? & Yay Ka-Boom-Boom each round? Is it possible to have two different San Andreas versions on a single PC? And if yes, how would the San Andreas User Files folder work? It has to be two different folders as well. Could anyone enlighten me? I don't really believe he's bought the game twice...

Actually, this round, It was me who completed the mission Ya Ka Boom Boom to unlock the rest of the map(I have V2). Also, if I remember correctly, JAJ or Orion usually switches things up every so many rounds to make it fair for everyone-ie. for a few rounds, it is V2(or V3 since they are similar) that must do the area opening missions and then for the next few V1 must do them. About the multiple User Files Folders, on Windows 7 Home Premium, if you use 98 Compatibility mode(which I have to use to eliminate the un-responsive mouse issue) then there will be two User Files Folders in Documents As seen here.. It does make it a little confusing as to which folder to put the saves in to get them to be recognized in the game(I had that problem on my first turn this round-lol)..

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:50 PM Edited by OrionSR, 06 June 2013 - 08:55 PM.

Two different installed versions of SA are technically necessary to properly run both versions of the barrier missions. The CG development team members could run the v2 barrier missions with v1 data files using modified scripts using the same trick we use to enable the barriers for the v2 saves, but this tends to lead to soft spots in the planet so it's not a method we would care to share. BTW, we eliminated most of the soft spot glitches, but they still turn up occasionally. If you notice problems it usually helps to shut down completely before playing a normal save after taking a CG turn.

Different version of the game's executable file (EXE) often write different version IDs. Version 1.00 Modified EXE is just a label applied by SnP based on what if finds in the version ID field at the start of the save file. It uses this information to update the checksum at the end of the file when it changes the version ID to v2 so the save will be compatible with all EXE versions. In this case, Modified implies different from the original. No-DVD and downgrade EXEs don't use a special ID. I'm not sure which EXE uses the Modified ID. This information was identified long before I came on the scene.

CODE
7581DA35 -- Version 1.00 Unmodified EXE
83E5F365 -- Version 1.00 Modified EXE
58BE6E9A -- Version 1.01 Unmodified EXE
5E764593 -- Version 1.01 Modified EXE
F68D14FD -- Version 2.00 Unmodified EXE
22CC315D -- Version 2.00 (German)
F68D14FD -- PS2 Version 2 (Greatest Hits)
4CDC1D64 -- PS2 Version 1 (Original Edition)

And for the record, the EXE version reported by SnP is not an accurate measure of the player's data files. The data files control the barriers. The EXE version alone should not be used to invalidate a player's turn.

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

Sorry guys, lost my computer and the internet. I have posted the new checklist and will do the last round later tonight if its still open.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:37 AM Edited by lil weasel, 14 June 2013 - 05:08 AM.

Something is WRONG here.
Both
PSN-Blackhawk_1989 has executable Version: 1.00 Original
and
blueviking1989 is also Executable Version: 1.00 Original
so both should have worked.

Problem sorted out. Continue with shoumic's turn. Voided other two.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

@ OHDUDE : Regarding this turn of yours. It's recommended that we only complete the Ammu-Nation challenge after the Yay Ka-Boom-Boom mission, when all 12 levels are unlocked. What you did right now counts only for the percentage of the game, since when all 12 levels are unlocked, all 9 levels you've done right now will need to be re-done. Just a heads up, so we won't need to do them twice in the future rounds. icon14.gif

OHDUDE
  • OHDUDE

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

Uhh.oh..sorry blush.gif I forgot about that..sorry about that. Thanks for the reminder. icon14.gif

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

Ok, 3 times today I did something when someone else did. 2 of them were claiming a turn at the same time as 2 other players seporately

Me and OHDUDE
CCPD and I

The third time was later at night, My friend and I turned off the electronics we were using simultaneously.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (PSN-Blackhawk_1989 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 02:45)
Ok, 3 times today I did something when someone else did. 2 of them were claiming a turn at the same time as 2 other players seporately

Me and OHDUDE
CCPD and I

The third time was later at night, My friend and I turned off the electronics we were using simultaneously.

The rules cover the situation when two players call a turn at the same time:
QUOTE (The Chain Game Rules first page)
In the event of two gamers calling a turn (at the same time), the first one listed does the turn.

No idea on the last statement, could you clarify?

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

I believe it's from the real life, when he and his brother turned off the electronics at the same time, as a similar situation to calling a turn at the same time in the Chain Game, which were some incredible coincidences for him that day.

laezy
  • laezy

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hello guys, Wow the chain game is about to hit its 100th round and how can i miss it. Just checked the forums after a long time and feels good to be here at an opportune time. I hope some of you guys(JAJ, DREVIL919) remember me playing the chain game around the 46th round. It was pure fun!

I don't have the old version of GTA SA which i uninstalled long back , but have the Steam version now. Eagerly waiting to jump in to the chain game and take it beyond the 100th round. By the way Steam version is V2 right guys? Anything I need to keep in mind for playing the Chain game with the Steam saves?

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, V3 (Steam) is using the V2 script, so it's like a V2. No big deal.
And welcome back laezy! I do remember you, even if I only joined in the 53rd round. I looked up that round several times and I've seen a couple of turns by you. I was amazed back then that you were able to pass the Chiliad Challenge races so easily, until I mastered them myself. It's a pleasure to have you back, I really hope you can play and help us with getting 100% completion even in the following rounds after the 100th.

Welcome back, and enjoy the game. icon14.gif

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 04:47)
I believe it's from the real life, when he and his brother turned off the electronics at the same time, as a similar situation to calling a turn at the same time in the Chain Game, which were some incredible coincidences for him that day.

"Friend" but yeah, you got it. icon14.gif

Not once, or twice, but three times I did something someone else did simultaneously. the first to just happened to be calling a turn.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:13 PM Edited by JAJ, 17 June 2013 - 12:17 AM.

Welcome back laezy! You should be good to go with that Steam version.
Also welcome back to another chain game veteran CCPD! It's good to see a chain game veteran back in the game.
I hope you both can help us get to 100% !

With these guys back and with our regulars playing at this pace I'm gonna need to get my butt in gear for the cover story for the 100th round.

Edit:
QUOTE (PSN-Blackhawk_1989 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 17:55)
The Hawk will go

Mission: Monster
Called By: PSN-Blackhawk_1989
Link: >>GAME SAVE<<
Completion %:
- -.- -%

NOTES:

• +$4000 added to funds

• You should have seen the backflip I did before checkpoint 30

• CJ's ZR-350 has been moved to Grove Street

A PM has been sent to PSN-Blackhawk_1989 concerning his last turn. If it isn't fixed by 8:55PM EST another turn may be called.

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (JAJ @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 15:13)
Welcome back laezy! You should be good to go with that Steam version.
Also welcome back to another chain game veteran CCPD! It's good to see a chain game veteran back in the game.
I hope you both can help us get to 100% !

With these guys back and with our regulars playing at this pace I'm gonna need to get my butt in gear for the cover story for the 100th round.

Edit:
QUOTE (PSN-Blackhawk_1989 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 17:55)
The Hawk will go

Mission: Monster
Called By: PSN-Blackhawk_1989
Link: >>GAME SAVE<<
Completion %:
- -.- -%

NOTES:

• +$4000 added to funds

• You should have seen the backflip I did before checkpoint 30

• CJ's ZR-350 has been moved to Grove Street

A PM has been sent to PSN-Blackhawk_1989 concerning his last turn. If it isn't fixed by 8:55PM EST another turn may be called.

I fixed the save just before you posted the void.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (PSN-Blackhawk_1989 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 18:18)

Ah well... the call as been made and the game is flowing again; may as well just roll with it. Sometimes turns get voided for the sake of keeping the game going, other times whole series of turns get voided to work around a glitch. That's just one of those things that happens from time to time. Try not to take it personally. These types of hiccups tend to dampen the round a little and can be particularly frustrating for newer players.

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 19:04)
QUOTE (PSN-Blackhawk_1989 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 18:18)

Ah well... the call as been made and the game is flowing again; may as well just roll with it. Sometimes turns get voided for the sake of keeping the game going, other times whole series of turns get voided to work around a glitch. That's just one of those things that happens from time to time. Try not to take it personally. These types of hiccups tend to dampen the round a little and can be particularly frustrating for newer players.

I know, I uploaded it anyways. And yes I stated that my time had expired

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:09 AM

smile.gif Gosh... Golly... two and half hours and didn't get the key card... tsk, tsk, tsk.
QUOTE (OHDUDE @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 02:24)
Mission: Key to her Heart • Millie is now CJ's girlfriend. You'll have to date her a few times to get the keycard.
icon14.gif

OHDUDE
  • OHDUDE

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 10:39)
smile.gif Gosh... Golly... two and half hours and didn't get the key card... tsk, tsk, tsk.
QUOTE (OHDUDE @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 02:24)
Mission: Key to her Heart • Millie is now CJ's girlfriend. You'll have to date her a few times to get the keycard.
icon14.gif

Well, I started playing just twenty minutes ago & quickly wrapped up my turn. tounge.gif I just wanted to kill her to get the keycard, but a rule prevented me from doing so. biggrin.gif I ain't interested in dating either...

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:25 AM Edited by PSN-Blackhawk_1989, 17 June 2013 - 07:49 AM.

Can someone here help me with THIS problem?

EDIT: Sounds like a bust.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:21 AM Edited by lil weasel, 18 June 2013 - 05:31 AM.

OHDUDE why are you calling a turn and then be off roaming the forum reading topics and posting when you should be doing the 'mission' in the Chain Game?

Posted On: Tuesday, June 18 2013 - 04:32 Chain Game call.

Posted on: Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 04:52 > GTA San Andreas Unique Vehicles Guide.

Reading: Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 05:15 » GTA Series » GTA V » Glitches

This is most disingenuous. sad.gif

reference:
QUOTE (OHDUDE @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 05:15)
QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 10:39)
smile.gif   Gosh... Golly... two and half hours and didn't get the key card... tsk, tsk, tsk.
[...] Well, I started playing just twenty minutes ago & quickly wrapped up my turn. [...]

OHDUDE
  • OHDUDE

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

About the unique vehicles I just read them so that I can call a mission wherein I get a chance to collect a special vehicle. Like here. Sorry if I have disobeyed the rules. I won't do that again.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

It's not against any rule to not do the turn immediately after you call it, since you do have 3 hours to complete it, so it's all up to you what you're doing in that time. It's more like a fair-play thing to do towards other players. Just do the turn when you call it, and then you can post on the forum anywhere as much as you wish, but don't just keep players on hold until you decide to finally do the turn.

Again, it's not a rule, just a suggestion. turn.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users