Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

5,224 replies to this topic
MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Believe me, this mission caused MANY weird stuff to happen in my turns with this mission too. Cause of R*'s poor NPC's system in SA. Can't do anything about it.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

Taking the War Zone(s) next to the Unity Station is a key.
Just get in the Car or motorbike with Cesar and drive to the that area.
Then it's fairly easily to pickup gang members and walk to the rally point.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

I agree with lil weasel, just take the territories from Ganton to the Unity Station. I have done this in the past & never had any problems like described above.

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:56 AM Edited by DREVIL919, 08 April 2013 - 02:59 AM.

I never thought about walking, I'll have to try that out. All the territories in Los Santos were under GSF control at the time. So, from Ganton to Unity should have been ok. But stuff happens. I'll try the walking thing.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

What I do when I have to go to unity station with Caesar and the gang members is that I get to the destination as quick as possible. If you drive fast enough the gang members won't jump out of the car. The quickest route is marked below on the map. You obviously start from grove street, quickly drive to idlewood (On the road Big Smokes house is) and take a left and keep driving straight. Then take a right and get on the rail tracks and drive at full speed towards the marker. You should get there before Caesar ask's CJ about "The Question".

user posted image

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

I've said this many times: You don't have to obey the inferred instructions of the game. Many time you can use different weapons, vehicles, or approaches to some missions.
In this one, you don't have to recruit the gang members in the Grove Street cul-d-sac. You can if you want and then walk to the rally point, but I found they tend to run away or get killed. So recruit seven of them. I've had them bail out at any speed when driven. One thing I have not tried is to get a motorcoach for all seven.
I came to the easy way of just having CJ drive Cesar to the Unity Station and once there then recruit the crew. Then have CJ run to the rally point to trigger the actual mission start.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

Are you allowed to fail missions?

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

Depends on the purpose of failing the mission.

If your purpose is to collect a proofed vehicle, then it's ok to fail the mission. Actually it's only a suggestion to not fail missions, just don't get killed/busted. (Though it's almost impossible to save after dying/being busted)

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

We'd like to keep the mission attempts as low as practical, but you are permitted to fail story missions to collect special vehicles, or to retry 4-star side missions and races (try to keep it reasonable). You are also permitted to play pool, arcade games, Beefy Baron, and Burglary, all activities that add to the mission attempts but can never be completed.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

@ lil weasel

I'm afraid your last turn last turn will have to be nullified since you did two street race events and a story-line mission. When you can only do one race and one story-line mission in a turn or 3 races along with no story-line missions according to the rules.

QUOTE (JAJ)
- You can do one race if you also do a named mission.
- You can do up to three races if you do not do a named mission as well.

It would have been okay if you did a stadium event as the rules says.

QUOTE (JAJ)
All stadium races are exempt from the 'one named mission rule' and can be combined in any number with any other one named mission.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

I don't have the PC version (I use PS2), but I would like to be a part of the Chain Game. How can I fulfill this wish?

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hey, there is no way to fulfill this wish unfortunately if you play on the Play Station 2 version like OrionSR said so already. You have to own the PC version of the game to take part. It's fairly cheap to get these days as well so obtaining the game shouldn't be a problem. If you're having a problem with the Keyboard and Mouse the you can get a game pad with twin axis analog controls (USB in this case). But we wary that controllers like the Xbox 360 one will not work. So things like the USB PS2 controller will work only but are hard to obtain these days.

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:25 AM Edited by RyujinXKaizer, 11 April 2013 - 08:29 AM.

Buy a PC version

OrionSR has a CG save file for PS2, but you won't be able to participate in the chain game. Meaning OrionSR's CG save file is for individual play if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: shoumic beaten me. suicidal.gif

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (RyujinXKaizer @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 14:25)
Buy a laptop/PC.

I'm sure he already has a laptop/PC which is good enough to run GTA San Andreas as the required specs aren't demanding at all (The game was made 8 years ago). I'm thinking he doesn't have the PC version of the game to begin with and that he's not familiar with the Keyboard/Mouse.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Okay, I'll order a PC version of the game, but how do I install PS2 control settings?

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

You will need a USB Dual Shock 2 (PS2) controller to play the PC version with a controller. I'm not sure where you can get one though. It has worked for me before in the past but I lost that controller as I was moving out. But I suggest you get used to the Keyboard and Mouse controls to be honest, they are not so hard to adapt to in my personal opinion.

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

IMO it's easy to get used to the PC controls. With a few hours practice you'll get used to it.

EDIT: Got beaten again. suicidal.gif

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

I presume the Chain Game uses V2 judging by the title of the main topic, so I should get that version of PC, correct?

I can't imagine playing a game using keys rather than buttons, but I'll give it a try and if I can't get used to it, I'll implement PS2 control settings.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

The Chain Game uses the V2 scripts but you can play the game with either version without any problems. So if you purchase V1 then all you have to do is plug in the V2 scripts in the script folder so it doesn't really matter which version you purchase.

Міro
  • Міro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

V2 is the version of the game, we're playing however on both V2 & V1 scripts. It's an advanced discussion that it's a little early to take into account now. Basically, the starting save game is made on a V2 .exe game, but on a V1 or V2 script, depending on the round. Specific players are allowed to do specific missions or not, depending on each player's game version and Chain Game round.

It's easier to understand than it seems. tounge.gif

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 14:46)
Specific players are allowed to do specific missions or not, depending on each player's game version and Chain Game round.

Yes, so if you have Version 1.exe then you will only be able to do the mission's "The Green Sabre", Are you Going to San Fierro and Yay Ka-Boom-Boom when it says at the open in post .

QUOTE (Opening Post)
Script Version: v1 Barriers and Objects appear for v1 players but not for v2 players. This means that a v1 player will have to complete the missions "Green Sabre", "Are You going to San Fierro?" and "Yay Ka-Boom-Boom".

And if you have version 2 the opening post has to say.

QUOTE (Opening post)
Script Version: v2 Barriers and Objects appear for v2 players but not for v1 players. This means that a v2 player will have to complete the missions "Green Sabre", "Are You going to San Fierro?" and "Yay Ka-Boom-Boom".

These missions are also known as Barrier missions and can only be completed by V1 or V2 players depending on the round.

It does sound a little confusing now but you will get the hang of it when you actually get around to playing the game. icon14.gif

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:31 AM Edited by Stefche, 11 April 2013 - 10:39 AM.

QUOTE (shoumic)
Are you sure you're using the V2 scripts which can be found here? Could you try placing them in the San Andreas directory > Data > Script folder and then check if the file loads or not? I'm sure things have changed in the last 4 years which is why the save didn't work for you.

I haven't delved into the program files for San Andreas in a long time, but upon checking them out, I have both v1 and v2 script files in the "script" folder. I downloaded the v2 files made by miromiro which you linked to; I'll try both the auto-converted and unconverted save files and see if either work. If they don't, then I'll just reinstall the game since it's most likely some problem with the game itself.

EDIT: After cleaning out the v1 files from the script folder, the "unconverted" save file seems to work. smile.gif I'm a bit puzzled, though; it says at the top of the SnP page for the save file that the executable version is 1.00, implying that the unconverted save file would be a v1 save, yet I now only have miromiro's v2 script files in the script folder. Any clarification (more like outright education tounge.gif ) on the issue is both highly desired and would be greatly appreciated.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Stefche @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 16:31)
EDIT: After cleaning out the v1 files from the script folder, the "unconverted" save file seems to work. smile.gif I'm a bit puzzled, though; it says at the top of the SnP page for the save file that the executable version is 1.00, implying that the unconverted save file would be a v1 save, yet I now only have miromiro's v2 script files in the script folder. Any clarification (more like outright education tounge.gif ) on the issue is both highly desired and would be greatly appreciated.

I think you're slightly confused. The save has been converted by the website. But miromiro's version of the game uses a V1 executable. Which is why it says version 1.00 at the SnP page. This doesn't mean he's using the V1 scripts by any means, he simply plugged in the v2 scripts to play the game. This is why the save has now worked since you only placed the V2 script's in the script folder.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

For peace of mind: DON'T use any kind of CONSOLE controller.
NO Xbox, NO PS2/3, et cetera game console gamepads.
Get a USB Generic PC GamePad. (A gamepad made to work with the PC/MAC).

You can spend Hours trying to setup and get a console control to work with the PC, and you will need special Drivers.

Setup USB GAMEPAD (Joystick) = PS2 controls.
Try buttons Before you program them (push each button during game play to see what it does now.)
< BUTTONS on right side of control:>
Button/Trigger
Foot
Vehicle
#1 or X at 9 o’clock
Jump
Brake/Reverse
#4 or Y at Noon
Enter or Exit
Enter or Exit
#3 or B at 3 o’clock
Fire
Fire
#2 or A at 6 o’clock
Sprint
Accelerate
<Front Buttons:>
Button/Trigger
Foot
Vehicle
#5 or Left High
Action
Secondary Fire
#7 or Left Low
Previous Weapon/target
Look Left – Aircraft: left rudder
#6 or Right High
Aim
Handbrake
#8 or Right Low
Next Weapon/Target
Look Right – Aircraft: right rudder
Directional Cross (not programmable)
<< ANALOG STICKS >>
Button/Trigger
Foot
Vehicle
#11 or Left Stick
General Movement
General Movement
#12 or Right Stick
Camera Movement
Camera Movement
#11 or Left Stick (as a button)
Look Behind
Sub Mission (start/cancel)
#12 or Right Stick (as a button)
Crouch
Horn/Siren
#9 & #10 Two small buttons between left Directional and 4 buttons.
Program as you will, I have used them for either radio stations forward/backward OR responses Yes/No

Note: Some of the buttons or combinations of buttons are automatically programmed. For actions.
Such as both bottom front buttons pushed at the same time when in a vehicle will show what’s behind you.

I have three USB gamepads and the button Number/Letter Assignments on them are different. That’s why I listed descriptive locations as well as numbers/letters. Numbers in are for Logitech Dual Action, Letters for the Logitech F510.
Note you might also assign the same button to a different command IF they will be in a different column.

Instructions for v1 and v2 'scripts' are contained in the Pinned topics.
You'll also find some missions are 'dumbed' down (easier) for PC play.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:06 PM Edited by shoumic, 12 April 2013 - 10:42 PM.

I'm sorry MrMateczko but your last turn will have to be nullified as it says in the opening post of this round a V2 player must complete the barrier missions.

QUOTE (Opening Post)
New Save

Script Version: v2

Barriers and Objects appear for v1 players but not for v2 players. This means that a v1 player will have to complete the missions "Green Sabre", "Are You going to San Fierro?" and "Yay Ka-Boom-Boom".

If we continue with your save the barriers will still appear for V2 players.

Міro
  • Міro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Yes, and your turn will be nullified as well since it hasn't been 3 other turns since your previous, since invalid turns don't count.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

Must have had a brain fart. I seemed to have forgotten for a second invalid turns don't count.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

Read again?

Barriers and Objects appear for v1 players but not for v2 players. This means that a v1 player will have to complete the missions "Green Sabre",

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Oh for the love of god. I messed up big time this time around.

Sorry for the confusion everyone, I hope you can forgive me. smile.gif

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:14 PM Edited by JAJ, 12 April 2013 - 11:17 PM.

Let's see if I got this right...
MrMateczko took a correct turn...
shoumic said it was invalid and took a turn...
miromiro said that shoumic's turn was invalid...
lil weasel spotted the error...
shoumic removed his last turn's post... blush.gif suicidal.gif
mercie_blink.gif biggrin.gif tounge.gif lol.gif sigh.gif
It seems to me that shoumic could now post the turn he removed... biggrin.gif
This is a good one... it belongs in the Hall of Fame! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif cookie.gif
lol.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users