Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

5,243 replies to this topic
Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Someone might have used Script Online Converter: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=244165

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:41 PM Edited by OrionSR, 09 April 2012 - 05:43 PM.

QUOTE (MrMateczko in round 69)
Looks like karlomark08 used a V1 script, and therefore changed the whole save into a V1 save. So everyone from now one has to use V1 scripts, as only those work with the current save.

CG players are not allowed to used any kind of mod (save editor, script conversion tool) on the Chain Game saves. Use v2 to scripts to play or don't play at all. I'd argue for annulling all turns since and including Cop Wheels, but perhaps JAJ has a better idea.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Just change the latest save to a V2 save, to be used with V2 scripts, and it will be all good.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

You'd think so, but my experience suggests that when one mod is detected it's just the tip of the iceberg. We don't know how the save was changed. hmvartak's script converter is very reliable and won't make unwanted changes. The savegame editor 3.1.2 can also convert script versions, but opens the possibility of all sorts of edits to the save.

Besides, it is only been 3 turns. Experienced CG players won't think twice about repeating a few turns, but new players tend to take annulments a bit personally. I always take the hard line on things like this, but JAJ will also consider the impact on new players.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [The Chain Game]

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Thanks for the comments & suggestions.
Thanks to OrionSR & lil weasel for the help.

This has been resolved and the game can continue now.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

@ karlomark08 : Your last turn is invalid. The six hour rule applies only after six hours pass after the edit time of the last turn's post, not the time when the post itself is being posted (calling the turn). My forum time is set as GMT+2 (daylight is saving time effects). Weasel posted his turn at 5:45, and edited it at 8:47. (I know he used two more minutes that are over the 3 given hours, but that doesn't really matter). The six hour rule would only reset at 14:47, not at 14:11.

karlomark08
  • karlomark08

You are a Pirate!

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:01 PM Edited by karlomark08, 11 April 2012 - 02:06 PM.

QUOTE (miromiro @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 12:53)
@ karlomark08 : Your last turn is invalid. The six hour rule applies only after six hours pass after the edit time of the last turn's post, not the time when the post itself is being posted (calling the turn). My forum time is set as GMT+2 (daylight is saving time effects). Weasel posted his turn at 5:45, and edited it at 8:47. (I know he used two more minutes that are over the 3 given hours, but that doesn't really matter). The six hour rule would only reset at 14:47, not at 14:11.

Okay. I'm sorry. I'm just a newcomer here. I didn't know that the edit time will be the base of the six hour rule. Please forgive me for what iv'e done. user posted image

user posted image

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

miromiro, don't be too harsh on him, he just joined the Chaingame, we don't have to cancel his turn. Everyone makes mistakes, he clearly didn't intended to do it.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

I would suggest that using the GMT (Zulu) Time would be sufficent, without the Confusing +/- nonsense. Thus keeping everyone on the same Clock. It's (the +/-) already been proved to be difficult to understand.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Tsk! I missed this round. I was busy with GTA 4's 100% and guess what? I did it!

@miromiro: I can't understand how you are getting so many turns? Well, you are lucky.

I will participate more on the next round, until then, see ya. wink.gif

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

Well, I simply take a turn each time I have the opportunity to. Usually short fast turns. It's not about luck, more about synchronization. wink.gif

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Apr 11 2012, 14:08)
miromiro, don't be too harsh on him, he just joined the Chaingame, we don't have to cancel his turn. Everyone makes mistakes, he clearly didn't intended to do it.

I didn't want to sound harsh. I just told him what has he done wrong so he can correct himself next time. wink.gif

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Apr 13 2012, 13:49)
I would suggest that using the GMT (Zulu) Time would be sufficent, without the Confusing +/- nonsense. Thus keeping everyone on the same Clock. It's (the +/-) already been proved to be difficult to understand.

It's all about setting the forum clock. You can always see when the round was started by checking the posting date, and when it finished by looking at the edit time of the last turn. But don't worry, I'll do it next time in the GMT, so it'll be easier for people to understand. wink.gif

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (karlomark08 @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 16:46)
Can I ask why the ambulance is colored pink?

Well, it's just a joke from the Chain Game creators, in my opinion they look nice.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 09:58)
QUOTE (karlomark08 @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 16:46)
Can I ask why the ambulance is colored pink?

Well, it's just a joke from the Chain Game creators, in my opinion they look nice.

Sort of, but there's a little more to it. During one of the rounds when pdescobar and I were working on the custom chain game saves rubregg had a stint in the hospital. So for that round we moved all the cars with custom plates to the parking lots of the SF hospital and changed the color of the ambulances in the save to various combinations with the pink that rubregg selected for his Rockshore Cheetah. After that round we put the named cars back to their usual spot but left in the pink ambulances because we liked them.

I think we may have had a Get-Well-Soon easter egg in the video game high scores. I'm not sure if that ever got changed or not.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 18:18)
15 tries and the car keeps blowing up in the alley behind CJ's safe house. I haven't had this experiece since the first time I played it on the PS2. sad.gif

I actually played the next mission (Reuniting The Families) using my last turn, and everything went nicely. No errors, or blowned up cars. So it's not the save's problem.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Just mentioned it because I've just finished doing it in my Own game play.
It seemed strange to me that I'm having a problem with it in the Chain Game?

Seems this new computer and Game Installation has given me problems before regarding Exploding vehicles. Does take the fun out of it. sad.gif
The previous problem I had with exploding vans was cured by a reinstallation, may this too.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

This URLs given above this forum weren't working nor were the topic's link. I thought that the site was down so I went for Rapidshare. But, When I googled it, I came to GTASnP without any "Internet Explorer Cannot display the Webpage" message. Pretty weird. I think the links might be broken here. confused.gif

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:35 PM Edited by miromiro, 24 April 2012 - 03:37 PM.

Here is the link given at the top of this forum page. It works for me. Does it also work for you now?

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:42 PM Edited by lil weasel, 29 April 2012 - 03:27 PM.

I refreshed it thrice and some data was transfering but I can't say the same to hmvartak's uploader (From the Topic). It still shows that message. I will stick to SnP I guess.

EDIT @miromiro: How did you play Cut Throat Mission twice? Did you post the wrong name?

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

Ah yeah, thanks for telling. I use the previous turn's posting codes when I edit my actual turn, so I often forget to change the mission I've done. I've gotta be more careful. tounge.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 15:42)

1) Don't double post. If your previous posting is unanswered just use the EDIT button to add/delete/change the content in your last posting

2) You don't need to List ALL the Stats for the game at anytime, there are too many and if there's a question about any of them they are available by merely looking into the save game.

3) When a post offends you, or you think violates a Forum Rule just use the Report Post Feature to explain why you believe action is needed. You do not order the Admin to comply with your desires.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

1) If I edited it then nobody would have noticed it.
2) I said it was for now. Next time I will state only misc. Happy? Even if I edit now, everyone will say that my turn took more than 3 hrs and then my turn will be not accepted.
3) I really don't understand what you are telling. I think you got one of my reports. In that case, according to the Mission Help forums, if the OP doesn't reply in one day then that topic will be locked. @Others: I am talking about this topic: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=508382

You could have PMed me instead of doing all this drama. sarcasm.gif If you are offended then I am sure you would delete this post. That's why I would say that we talk about this in PM.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [The Chain Game]

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

1) I would have noticed & I think you are not in touch with how many actually would have noticed.

2) Next time I would be happy if none of it were posted, after all even the misc could be reviewed in the stats of the save. Is there any other reasons that we would need to see that stuff? Do we still need to be concerned about someone using a trainer or cleo scripts?

3) This could have also been handled in a PM by you instead of putting it here as #3.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:27 PM Edited by lil weasel, 29 April 2012 - 05:50 PM.

<nevermind>

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Even if I edit now, everyone will say that my turn took more than 3 hrs and then my turn will be not accepted.

Not true, IF I have to edit my post later on(after I already posted the results and all), I just add another line that says something along the lines of: "Originally edited @ x:xx am/pm CST.." This way, there is no confusion, as the original edit time will still be seen, since I included it as part of the edit..Just a friendly heads up. smile.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Don't confuse things with any other time zone than Zulu time as posted by the Server.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 12:47)
Don't confuse things with any other time zone than Zulu time as posted by the Server.

The only thing that is confusing, is that the Forum time does not recognize Daylight savings time, on all posts, the time has been off by one hour for some reason? Note that this ONLY occurs in the fall and winter months and is normal in the Spring and Summer months... confused.gif

However, another question I was curious about(which I read in Rubregg's 4-star territory guide topic), which is locked for some reason?-anyway, Why does the game as a Cheat stat for doing the tag on the bridge in Grove St. last?-as mentioned here by Rubregg:
In any case, make sure that this is not the last of your tags or you might end up with a cheat count in your stats.
Just curious? confused.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:47 PM Edited by lil weasel, 29 April 2012 - 06:50 PM.

I was taught that when taking measurements you should always (at least try) to use the Same Instrument. In this case the Server Clock. It is the same reading no matter where you are.

Keep it simple. Some areas don't use DST.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:48 PM Edited by OrionSR, 29 April 2012 - 08:51 PM.

QUOTE (rubregg in his 4 star topic)
In any case, make sure that this is not the last of your tags or you might end up with a cheat count in your stats. This happened to me once and I haven't tried again.

I suspect this may have been a one-off glitch. I can't think of anything in the game mechanics that would cause a particular tag to flag a cheat if it is sprayed last. Perhaps he accidentally triggered a button code while spraying tags. However, it seems that nobody has tried to test this directly.

I too am wondering why the 4-star topic is locked.

the Forum time does not recognize Daylight savings time

Under board settings in the control panel is a check box for DST. It is necessary to manually check or un-check the option every spring or fall in order to keep your forum clock in sync with your local time.

use the EDIT button to add/delete/change the content in your last posting

I can't find the offending double post, but if this in in the chain game topic I suggest a bit of tolerance to allow people to keep their final posting time as posted by the server. My policy is that I've got about 10 minutes after posting my turn to make adjustments to the post, after that I will double post if I absolutely must post additional information. However, many comments are better off in The CG Lounge anyway, and if I don't intend to call another turn I'll let someone else post a 6-hour rest, so there are very few reasons to ever double post. So in the rare case that I do find it necessary to double post in order to maintain the post time of my completed turn I respectfully request that our moderator ignore the infraction.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

I got to wondering about what Dr. John13 said about Madd Dogg's Mansion Glitch.
I checked the save before his and there were no basketball's on the courts.
After his mission there was... so... what of it?

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

Alright, radioman. I will post my last edit: Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 19:52

And now I will edit my post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users