» «
Photo

Adding (not replacing) cars to GTA SA

240 replies to this topic
ziimo190
  • ziimo190

Player Liker

• Members

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:07 PM Edited by ziimo190, 17 January 2008 - 08:06 PM.

i dont know whats the problem but my new cars id doesent appear in the jacobs car spawner list (id 399)....i tried to spawn my car with other car spawner and when i tried to spawn that car it only flashed in front of me and the text sayd car spawned but no car no crash no fun whatsthat.gif

I dont think i made a big mistake because that car appeared in the GGM and nothing crashed....just no car tounge.gif

Does anyone know what to do ?

KnightProwl
  • KnightProwl

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

i need serious help guys, i followed the tutorial, but now my game crashes, it says sh*t like this, here is the error message

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:

GTA Info:

Version: US 1.0

Last File Loaded: MODELS\PLAYER.IMG

Last Library Loaded:

Error: Unknown

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x007C51A8

Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)

Registers:

EAX: 0xFFFFFFFF EBX: 0x0022FAC4

ECX: 0x0022FAC4 EDX: 0x00000000

ESI: 0x00000000 EDI: 0x00BBC8C8

EBP: 0x00000000 ESP: 0x0022FA3C

also, i will need to know how to edit the streams memeory so i can try and add more then 5 cars, plz someone help me, its for our Knight rider mod, plz someone help me, anyways, thanks and cya

KnightProwl

BMWPower
  • BMWPower

SiX-In-Line Rulz!

• Members

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

Great tutorial, i added one car. But i can't get the car sound to work. I did just like P.I.M.P_PL wrote, but when i get in the car and start driving it there's no sound.. cryani.gif Pls guys, help

And how many cars i can add without any crashing?

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:42 PM

Heh, nice guide. i tried it out with the bandito, the game didnt crash, but this was the result:

http://i144.photobuc...stVice/uhoh.jpg

The bandito got some advance suspension that i added with Alex's vehicle capabilities tool... but dont know whats weird about that. That means no way to add new car that uses special stuff?

Supra4
  • Supra4

Sniffing nitrous and moving sideways

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:54 AM

The suspension seems to work. If the wheels of the car are in the air, that probably means that there's something really wrong with the handling lines. Could be the line itself, but might just as well be a problem getting the game to recognise the extra line. Try using the BLOODRB line, as it isn't used by the game. Just put your handling line there and refer to that line in the vehicles.ide

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:18 PM

bah, it now works. I dont really understand what is this all, as the 'tutorial' looks like a fast post:

The handling names file is the one who tells the game handling lines?

What is the line i have to increase in salimits? there are a lot refering to the vehicle models. Can you add description of it?

Now another vehicle (without any special ability) doesnts spawns, it looks like a handling prolbem to me, again. Line is correct, its the original one (I'm just duplicating SA cars to test) so i think the stuff is in the handling names file. I have to add the name of the handling name at the end and increase handling names and vehicle names?

P.I.M.P_PL
  • P.I.M.P_PL

GMAS TEAM LEADER(FANGTA SECONDARY ACCOUNT)

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:37 PM Edited by P.I.M.P_PL, 30 January 2008 - 05:39 PM.

jost_vice you must install the asi loader and put handling id adder to sa main directory(and other tools who be in the tutorial) and in handling_names you must pust your new handling line(this be a problem of your car who dont spawn you dont write new handling line who you use to your car)and tell me what version od handling id adder are you use old or newest??(but in the newest you have this additional table:

CODE
[MAIN]
NAMES_COUNT=213
VEHICLES_COUNT=164
BIKES_COUNT=13
FLYING_COUNT=25
BOATS_COUNT=12
HANDLING_FILE=handling.cfg

NAMES_COUNT=213 (its be the number of all handling entries)
VEHICLES_COUNT=164 (its be the vehicle type car number of entries)
BIKES_COUNT=13 (its be the vehicle type bikes number of entries)
FLYING_COUNT=25 (its be the vehicle type fly number of entries)
BOATS_COUNT=12 (its be the vehicle type boats number of entries)

about increasing vehicle models in salimits:
its be only increasing the vehicles models who be can defined in vehicles.ide not more.

Supra4
  • Supra4

• Members

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (P.I.M.P_PL @ Jan 30 2008, 17:37)
CODE
[MAIN]
NAMES_COUNT=213
VEHICLES_COUNT=164
BIKES_COUNT=13
FLYING_COUNT=25
BOATS_COUNT=12
HANDLING_FILE=handling.cfg

NAMES_COUNT=213 (its be the number of all handling entries)
VEHICLES_COUNT=164 (its be the vehicle type car number of entries)
BIKES_COUNT=13 (its be the vehicle type bikes number of entries)
FLYING_COUNT=25 (its be the vehicle type fly number of entries)
BOATS_COUNT=12 (its be the vehicle type boats number of entries)

about increasing vehicle models in salimits:
its be only increasing the vehicles models who be can defined in vehicles.ide not more.

I don't really understand why you'd need to have the separate lines for the cars, bikes, boats, etc in that code there. I've succesfully turned cars into motorcycles and planes without depending on any addon or tool (apart from spark and notepad, of course)

P.I.M.P_PL
  • P.I.M.P_PL

GMAS TEAM LEADER(FANGTA SECONDARY ACCOUNT)

• Members

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (Supra4 @ Jan 31 2008, 00:54)

I don't really understand why you'd need to have the separate lines for the cars, bikes, boats, etc in that code there.

it be in newest version of handling id adder;)

haki_PL
  • haki_PL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:54 PM

Could someone sent me handling, vehicles and carcol files with added new car lines because I don't know that I did it right.. I did everything like in this tutorial but when I spawn car, after touching ground by it, the car disappears.. Can someone help me?

Supra4
  • Supra4

• Members

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (P.I.M.P_PL @ Jan 31 2008, 12:11)
QUOTE (Supra4 @ Jan 31 2008, 00:54)

I don't really understand why you'd need to have the separate lines for the cars, bikes, boats, etc in that code there.

it be in newest version of handling id adder;)

Read the sentence after the one you quoted. wink.gif I've converted a dozen cars to planes, bikes and boats without needing any code or script. So IMO a separate counter for each vehicle type is not necessary. One for vehicles in general should suffice.
I suspect that secondary lines don't depend on any ID but are triggered by the vehicle type column in the vehicles.ide . As long as they are in the right order, the game works just fine here.

Unless I'm missing something really important and am scr*wing up my game without knowing it. Didn't have any trouble so far, so I doubt that.

silvermanblue
  • silvermanblue

Magnets=Miracles

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:20 AM

Sorry guys I took a long break from GTA but I am back. So any problems can be addressed.

Gtapoptart
  • Gtapoptart

You Cannot Kill What You Did Not Create.

• Members

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

Oh f*ck, I f*cked up, it crashes at 1% loading, I don't know what is wrong... i did everything right... confused.gif

silvermanblue
  • silvermanblue

Magnets=Miracles

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (Gtapoptart @ Feb 28 2008, 16:54)
Oh f*ck, I f*cked up, it crashes at 1% loading, I don't know what is wrong... i did everything right... confused.gif

There is a chance that you messed the installation. I dont know though. Try undoing the last car you added.

Windyshrimp
  • Windyshrimp

Utilities Adviser

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:25 AM

Excellent tutorial, added two cars plus their sounds with the Audio loader. Just one small problem. The cars will spawn with the spawner but will not spawn in game automatically. I have tried adding a spawn points for the new cars and adding them into the cargrp.dat. Neither seem to be working at all. But the spawner works perfectly and I can drive them around just as well. Is this only a problem for me?

silvermanblue
  • silvermanblue

Magnets=Miracles

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (Windyshrimp @ Mar 1 2008, 19:25)
Excellent tutorial, added two cars plus their sounds with the Audio loader. Just one small problem. The cars will spawn with the spawner but will not spawn in game automatically. I have tried adding a spawn points for the new cars and adding them into the cargrp.dat. Neither seem to be working at all. But the spawner works perfectly and I can drive them around just as well. Is this only a problem for me?

Hmmm that is strange. Question, did you spell it in the cargrp dat as it appears in the vehicle IDE?

Supra4
  • Supra4

• Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:27 PM

indeed. the only reason why it won't be driven by AI is because it either isn't in the cargrp.dat, or because it is misspelled.

Windyshrimp
  • Windyshrimp

Utilities Adviser

• Members

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:12 AM

It spawned for me now. I am thinking it was the game lagging because I when I was driving around LS, a lot of Ranger police cars were spawning and other vehicles/peds in the wrong place.. But the game eventualy fixes itself.
Though the spawn points are still giving me trouble, I had a bullet spawn on the verdant meadows airstrip just fine, but when replaceing it with either of the added cars didn't seem to work.

silvermanblue
  • silvermanblue

Magnets=Miracles

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:47 PM

I dont know if I can get mine to spawn at points either. Maybe just a bug.

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:55 AM

Well, the method works perfect, but the tutorial... I think you can do that better wink.gif

I added a Kuruma and another premier from GTA III tounge.gif works really good

Greetings!

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:09 PM

I found some problems and I don't know why...

1. I agree the cars. It works perfect, but when I save the game, and I load the game, the game crash. It cannot load the savegame, but can load another savegames from another SA without added cars.

2. The cars by default can be tuned with colors, stereo and hydraulics, without carmods line. It is a bug, but Its good.

I don't know why thats problems... Only I have got thats problems?

Sorry for dobleposting.

Greetings!

baralgin
  • baralgin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:43 PM

Hey guys! A have actually managed to add a good bunch of new cars, but can't get them to spawn automatically around. I've added them and spelled them correctly en the cargrp.dat, but haven't seen any yet. Does anyone know how to get them spawn automatically? Thanks a lot in advance

Jasenko
  • Jasenko

“Resistance is futile”

• Members

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (baralgin @ Mar 31 2008, 18:43)
Hey guys! A have actually managed to add a good bunch of new cars, but can't get them to spawn automatically around. I've added them and spelled them correctly en the cargrp.dat, but haven't seen any yet. Does anyone know how to get them spawn automatically? Thanks a lot in advance

Same problem here!

Car can be spawned only with spawn tool... Other than that, all items are working OK (engine sound, handling, colors, radio, ...)

PLEASE, can someone (maybe topic starter, silvermanblue) fix this? It would be great to have 4-5 extra cars in SA smile.gif

silvermanblue
  • silvermanblue

Magnets=Miracles

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:24 AM Edited by silvermanblue, 02 April 2008 - 04:24 AM.

I am sorry I think that its a bug we can't get around. But I will try to tinker with it and post the results.

Ok this is a sure fire way to get the car to spawn in traffic, replace one of the cars that the grove street familys drive in the cargrp.dat. It works!

Jasenko
  • Jasenko

“Resistance is futile”

• Members

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (silvermanblue @ Apr 2 2008, 04:24)
I am sorry I think that its a bug we can't get around. But I will try to tinker with it and post the results.

Ok this is a sure fire way to get the car to spawn in traffic, replace one of the cars that the grove street familys drive in the cargrp.dat. It works!

OK, thanks.

BTW, the game has spawned my car (after posting on GTAF), but it had some errors. To be more exact, there was 5-6 cars spawned in the same time on the same road...

silvermanblue
  • silvermanblue

Magnets=Miracles

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:05 AM

Hmm well I got my one new car spawning regularly only after adding it to all the cargroups. it just seems there is no sure fire way to get it to spawn.

Jasenko
  • Jasenko

“Resistance is futile”

• Members

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (silvermanblue @ Apr 3 2008, 01:05)
Hmm well I got my one new car spawning regularly only after adding it to all the cargroups. it just seems there is no sure fire way to get it to spawn.

Maybe you could try using those 2 (unused) gang groups? That way, all add-on models will be set as gang cars, and they should spawn regularly... (at least, I think so smile.gif )

Jasenko
  • Jasenko

“Resistance is futile”

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (P.I.M.P_PL @ Nov 5 2007, 19:11)
QUOTE (H13N.H3N @ Nov 5 2007, 17:45)
how many cars can i add? i know that for Vice City were only 3 cars to add, and that was for some shi@t with the DEFAULT.IDE, it's something work diferent in SA?

with this tools i mistake its be unlimited;]

I`ve installed (and tested) over 50 add-on cars... (I`m using "18631" and above as ID numbers)

BTW, sorry for double-posting sigh.gif

FordFanatic
  • FordFanatic

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:11 AM

Nice tutorial, I have already added Fubar's 1969 boss 429. One small question though. I tried using id 208 but when i tried to do sounds using the ultimate audio editor but all cars had bicycle horns and the boss 429 had bike sounds. I changed its id to 612 and used the regular audio editor to give it sound. So does anyone know what i did wrong with the ultimate audio editor? Because i can only give sounds to id's 612-614 with theregular audio editor.

silvermanblue
  • silvermanblue

Magnets=Miracles

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (FordFanatic @ Apr 5 2008, 00:11)
Nice tutorial, I have already added Fubar's 1969 boss 429. One small question though. I tried using id 208 but when i tried to do sounds using the ultimate audio editor but all cars had bicycle horns and the boss 429 had bike sounds. I changed its id to 612 and used the regular audio editor to give it sound. So does anyone know what i did wrong with the ultimate audio editor? Because i can only give sounds to id's 612-614 with theregular audio editor.

Ah thats easy to fix, open up the audio adder plugin in notepad and replace all the , with . (Commas with periods)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users