» «
Photo

The 3rd Degree 2: Carter

19 replies to this topic
TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:22 AM Edited by TenaciousD., 27 October 2007 - 08:51 AM.

user posted image
T h e 3 r d D e g r e e
Carter
Rick Carter, a mafia man from Vice City, is sent to assassinate an important political figure. However, on arrival, he is almost assassinated himself. After being in a coma for 3 years, he is out for revenge.
Promotional Shots
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

user posted imageuser posted image

Click to see Episode 1 topic @ GTAForums

Click to download Carter in High Quality

Ottae
  • Ottae

(/'ɒteɪ/)

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:25 AM

Took us f*cking ages and we used a lot of people here so we thought we'd post it as a new topic.

smile.gif

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:31 AM

F*ck yes.

Of course, YouTube is lagging. sad.gif

Hollaz
  • Hollaz

Bleh.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:18 AM

It's Friggin amazong movie! biggrin.gif Thumbs up for you guys! icon14.gif
*Wishes that i could make such movies...*

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:22 AM

dude, i'm big on Machinima's and making SA:MP movies; and this really rocked! What happened at the end to make the plane explode? he clipped the wheel or something...?
Very nicely done, 10/10.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

Cool. Interesting...curious as to how Skinner and Carter will be connected in Episode 3 (2008 wow.gif )

Big thumbs up for Sopranos intro music.

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:29 PM

Link to Episode 1 topic added.

Thanks for the kind words so far everyone.

@Panda - Only time will tell.

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:32 PM

Awesome work lads. You can tell alot of time and effort was put into this.
Remarkable editing. The camera work in part 3 was my favourite especially.

Michael Bennett = Me.lol

Codey
  • Codey

Ottae's bitch.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:40 PM

Yay for us! Epic movie.

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:58 PM

High Quality Download link added.

biggrin.gif

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:41 AM

You just had to add that after YouTube finished buffering. Ah well, was worth it.

May I ask who voiced Carter?

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (EmoPat @ Oct 26 2007, 02:41)
You just had to add that after YouTube finished buffering. Ah well, was worth it.

May I ask who voiced Carter?

Yes you can, he is called Dmitri. He is a friend of mine from the Film Makers Actors Guild. They started on the SA:MP forums but have now moved up to their own, independant forum. Well worth checking out.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:46 AM

I'm a huge fan of the FMAG. The name "Dmitri" rings a bell as well.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:39 AM

may I ask what kind of camhack you used?

Ottae
  • Ottae

(/'ɒteɪ/)

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:38 AM

The majority of the film was done using an invisible ped texture and 1 bit using an invisible bike. Nearer the end, we got a decent SA:MP Cam Hack, you can get it here

Be sure to use it only in private servers though, that's SA:MP's official guideline on using a cam hack.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Ottae @ Oct 26 2007, 05:38)
1 bit using an invisible bike

That part annoyed me a bit, mostly because I could see the shadow. After seeing it, it just kept feeling like there was a bike in the chase as well, and all I could focus on was that shadow.

sad.gif

Another issue I had was with what Carter said when leaving his hotel room, and by that, I mean he started both sentences with "I decided to". What I would've personally gone with, would've been something like, "I realized that sitting in my hotel room would do me no good, so I decided to visit the local bar." I know, I'm nit-picking, but still.

Do please keep in mind that this is supposed to be constructive criticism, please don't take it in offense or anything. The rest of the movie was brilliant.

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:33 PM

How dare you critice my movie mad.gif

Nah, thanks for the constructive critisicm. It is near impossible to get everything perfect on a film like this, they will always be thinks like lag and problems with acting, such as car problems (In out, In out) as well as some thing that are very hard to get perfect or how you want them (like the bike shadow) without God knows how long searching to find the right thing to edit. We used the bike because we felt it was a bit more exciting then the normal fixed shots where the camera and the camera alone moves.

Another thing which is a complete and total hassel from start to finish is the audio. Getting voiceovers is incredibly hard, firstly not everyone has a mic, secondly you need to find people who do have mics and are willing to help out, then you have to give them lines which they have no idea what is going on in the story. Also, there is the added problem of timezones, for example the guy who did Carters voice in the America which makes talking to him very hard indeed, I had been staying up till at least 2, 3 or even 4am just to talk to him and get the lines we needed. This makes any alterations in the script hard, me and Ottae think it's all OK on paper because we have stuff written down between them but in film they don't sound perfect.

We are going to improve a few things for the next episode which wern't quite perfect to try and get it as good as we can and comments like your Pat are very helpful in helping us achieve this. Thanks.

God, that was the longest reply I've done in a long time.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:59 AM Edited by EmoPat, 27 October 2007 - 05:02 AM.

Yeah. The audio thing when he leaves his hotel room is just me being picky, and the bike shadow is no where near worth finding + getting rid of just for a five second shot.

By the way, if you guys are still looking for voice actors/in game actors, I'm almost always available. Don't have the greatest mic, but it's not very static-y.

By the way, I'm pretty much scrapping Critical Mass. I don't have any problems with the script (not trying to toot my own horn), but I'm going to have to film it on a Compaq with a 200W PSU and a low amount of RAM, so if I do somehow film it, it's going to look very sh*tty. If you know anyone who might want the script, I'd happily give it to them. It's pretty much finished.

By the way, Critical Mass is the machinima I told you about one day, with the power-plant in SF going into meltdown and such. Of course, I used the K.A.C.C. military fuels instead.

Protonkid
  • Protonkid

Knight Rider

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:24 AM

I don't mind the shadow, but the voices really bugged me. I can do some voices if you like, see my Youtube profile.

uNi
  • uNi

instantrum

• None

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:30 PM

Awesome, especially the chase bits.

Wouldn't mind acting again in the next episode, as well on editing/recording.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users