• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,876 replies to this topic
Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (Sacky @ Oct 25 2007, 23:34)
One thing though, didn't San Andreas have a limit to how many objects could be loaded on the map? Making mods like this.. impossible?

I hacked it wow.gif

wow.gif

Oh wow.

*Looks at sig*

Limit adjuster for SA!?

Dude. You're my hero.

LibertyCityStories
  • LibertyCityStories

GTA III Legend

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:54 AM

I also think that It would be great to do some new missions in the game instead of the old ones from the old games.And here's an idea for a new mission:I'm from Bulgaria and I'm a member in a GTA forum here and all the fans from Bulgaria hope that GHOST TOWN will be solid,easy accessible from those two tunnels in Shoreside and may be populated with people and vehicles(not very good english,sorry).My idea is that it would be very interesting if there is a mission for robbing the bank in Ghost Town.
Another thing,because in the forum I meant upper we had an inquiry for a favourite hero from the GTA series and there was very different votes.I believe not only here but all over the world every GTA fan has it's own favourite hero from GTA.So my idea is to make on option in the game to be able to choose from all the main characters in the three games(3,VC,SA) like in multiplayer but only the main characters.You need to convert the main characters(not only the textures but and the models) from the other two GTAs to SA and the option in the player selection menu.Also the other characters can be used in the missions.That's my ideas.Hope you think about them and if you can make them true this mod will be "The Mod Of The Year" and may be with it the GTA SA will be more popular than without it

markiij
  • markiij

Anywhere City, 3 weeks in the future

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:24 AM

ok, i dont fully unbderstand you, what do you mean by gost town? do you mean the san andreas mod or something?

anyway maybe its possible to put 3 houses with markers in your mod. one for tommy vercetty (the mansion on starfish island), carl johnson (his house) and, claude speed (his first savepoint in gtaIII) so when you step on one of the markers, your player will switch with the one that lives in that house. you'll also be able to play different missions with different people.

tommykills1
  • tommykills1

You wasted 5 seconds of your life reading this

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:34 AM

its behde the mountains in shorside vale. in gta3

LibertyCityStories
  • LibertyCityStories

GTA III Legend

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:28 PM

In the last post I saw that "tommykills1" understood me right.I was talking about the Ghost Town behind the mountains near Shoreside in GTA 3.My wish is to have a mission for robbing the bank that is in Ghost Town,something like in the intro of GTA 3.And may there can be some other missions in it.That way the game will be more interesting.And about the characters,by all main characters in the three GTAs I meant not only Claude,Tommy and CJ but also 8Ball(GTA3),Sonni Forelli(VC),Ryder(SA),Sweet(SA),Big Smoke(SA),Catalina(GTA3),Maria(GTA3),Ken Rosenberg(VC),Joey(GTA3) and other.For example my favourite is 8Ball.Or Make only some of them because I believe You're also making an audio for the mod,and the voices of all of them will be a lot of work.About the missions your idea to make different missions for every single character is very good.I hope you understand me now

markiij
  • markiij

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:40 PM

i understand;)! great idea to use all the gta main characters btw but you dont have to record real audio. just use subtitles with some music on the background. it's easy to script and looks cool:D.

LibertyCityStories
  • LibertyCityStories

GTA III Legend

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:53 PM

I like your idea too.It would be very nice to hear good music instead of a dialog.I know there will be a very long time till the final version is done but I see it's worth it.Can I ask you "markiij",are you a part of the team that is making the mod?If you are I wanna say to your team "GO Team United GO" lol.gif

LiveLife
  • LiveLife

• Members

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (tommykills1 @ Oct 26 2007, 23:11)
this is a good mod but one thing are you putting gta3 vice city and san andreas missions in?

No, we will not use old missions. In the final version of this modification there will be a completly new storyline. We startet writing the story a half year ago so.

LibertyCityStories
  • LibertyCityStories

GTA III Legend

• Members

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:20 AM Edited by LibertyCityStories, 28 October 2007 - 10:38 AM.

I saw very interesting things in the pictures for the mod.I got some questions for the things:
1.As I see here http://gta-worldmods...d/united_04.jpg there are no planes on the airport.In that case there can be made some racing tracks like those that are on the airport in the game NFS Underground2.And of course some racing missions.
2.On this picture http://gta-worldmods...d/united_06.jpg I see a car that goes in the wrong direction(the green Blista).But as I look at the sign I see that in that direction is Waterfront Promenade.But in GTA3 the road where the Blista is is a oneway.Does all this things I sad mean that in GTA United this road is not a oneway?
3.In the mod LC2SA the lift bridge to Shoreside Vale was not lifting http://gta-worldmods...d/united_16.jpg .I hope in GTA United it do.
4.In these screens http://gta-worldmods...d/united_17.jpg http://gta-worldmods...d/united_21.jpg I see that the trains are trams.As everybody know the trams are not enterable.I think it is good the trains to be trains because they are accessible.
5.In GTA Liberty City Stories this street http://gta-worldmods...d/united_24.jpg was repaired.I suggest it is repaired in GTA United too and even you can make the cars to use it(I think for that you need to change something in file paths.dat)
6.Here http://gta-worldmods...d/united_25.jpg I see that there are trains on both tracks.I've always wanted to drive the train thatis on the other track.Good idea.
7.Look at this picture http://gta-worldmods...d/united_26.jpg .I can't understand what is that in the water,is it some kind of mirror image or what?
And one more thing:I don't like the radar(this is my personal mind).Can you make some new radar?I once played some other mod for LC in SA engine.There the radar was like the detailed radar for SA but for LC.Can you make that kind of radar for LC and VC in GTA United?

markiij
  • markiij

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (LibertyCityStories @ Oct 27 2007, 20:53)
I like your idea too.It would be very nice to hear good music instead of a dialog.I know there will be a very long time till the final version is done but I see it's worth it.Can I ask you "markiij",are you a part of the team that is making the mod?If you are I wanna say to your team "GO Team United GO" lol.gif

lol no;), im not part of the team, i just like this mod so i tell them all my ideas:D!

here are some new ones that popped up im my mind this morning.

1. on the airposr in vice city are a lot of BIG planes. you cant enter them but in san andreas there's a hidden plande in the vehicle files it's called "andromeda" and is as lage as the vice city ones. maybe you guys can retexture the andromeda so it looks like the VC planes (completely white) and replace them! it would be stunning to fly them:D. what do you think?

2. maybe it's possible to make an option in the installer where people can select their GTAIII and VC install folder (i you have them) so the installer copys the radio data! it's legal and more realistic for the game cause otherwise we can just listen SA hip-hop and that not really VC or gtaIII style;). the only downpoint is that not everyone owns all three GTA games.

3. are the stadiums gonna work? if so, maybe you can add your own missions (like jumping through rings of fire with a old, rusty cars:D).

4. In sa it's possible to dance in clubs. in VC there's also a club (malibu ofcourse). maybe it's possible to add a dance marker there too.

Aschratt
  • Aschratt

Three Headed Monkey

• Members

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (markiij @ Oct 28 2007, 13:20)
QUOTE (LibertyCityStories @ Oct 27 2007, 20:53)

lol no;), im not part of the team, i just like this mod so i tell them all my ideas:D!

here are some new ones that popped up im my mind this morning.

1. on the airposr in vice city are a lot of BIG planes. you cant enter them but in san andreas there's a hidden plande in the vehicle files it's called "andromeda" and is as lage as the vice city ones. maybe you guys can retexture the andromeda so it looks like the VC planes (completely white) and replace them! it would be stunning to fly them:D. what do you think?

2. maybe it's possible to make an option in the installer where people can select their GTAIII and VC install folder (i you have them) so the installer copys the radio data! it's legal and more realistic for the game cause otherwise we can just listen SA hip-hop and that not really VC or gtaIII style;). the only downpoint is that not everyone owns all three GTA games.

3. are the stadiums gonna work? if so, maybe you can add your own missions (like jumping through rings of fire with a old, rusty cars:D).

4. In sa it's possible to dance in clubs. in VC there's also a club (malibu ofcourse). maybe it's possible to add a dance marker there too.

@markiij:

1. I tried, but even the AT400 is too big to start in VC ^^

2. I also got the idea of an radio station converter, but I don't got GTA III to test it and on the other side It will be a hard work of coding cause of the VC encoding and then writing the sh*t back to SA Streams.

3. Yea we tried... Interiors are working but the paths not ^^

4. I already did... but not in the malibu (Will follow... I first have to search some snippets for this ^^)

@LibertyCityStories:

1. No they are just left out cause they are realy low poly and we want to add parked planes!

2. I don't know how this was in GTA III but in United it is 2 directional!

3. The bridge already worked with the LC2SA Update!

4.The trams are just faked biggrin.gif But the train paths for the train over the streets are already working and we convertet the models, too wink.gif

5. mmhh... never played LCS... let's see if we got the models!

6. Just a LOD Bug of our Seaplane... should be fixxed!

And I think the radar we will leave in this way cause it was realy hard work to get this done... And if we change it other people also will be sad about. I think this one is more R* like ^^

LibertyCityStories
  • LibertyCityStories

GTA III Legend

• Members

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:24 PM

markiij,your ideas are very perspective and interesting.Another one of my ideas:I hope the mod has it's own intro video.If it doesn't,I suggest in future versions this video to be created.I'm sure it will be very nice video.And I hope the logo of the game remains the same as in the forums.Oh,and another thing:in all the mission mods I've played in the cutscenes before the missions all the people in the scene are just shaking hands like rapping or something,not like in the normal game to talk,playing basketball(in the cutscene in one of Sweet's missions) or normal human actions not just "rapping".I hope you make it normal.
As for the spawning vehicles,I also hope there is an Andromada on both airports in Liberty and Vice City.Also I want to be places where will spawn the trailers for the trucks,and also the trailer for the Utility Truck(in vehicles it is number 610(Utiltr)).I need it because I have a mod for it which makes it a caravan,and it doesn't appear anywhere.Because it is a trailer for the Utility Truck and the truck spawns in the airport I suggest the trailer also spawns there.
Also because the there is another car that doesn't spawn anywhere,the FBI Truck,can you make the FBI to drive both the FBI Rancher and the FBI Truck?
I can't wait these couple of days to the release date

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:32 PM

Libertycitystories, you do understand that if you want to make normal cutscenes you need to have a studio and the right equipment?

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:41 PM

One small thing, if you add San Andreas back, won't that make it extremely difficult to keep bug free? Because the game started with that map. So wont it be easier to keep San Andreas in the same place, with Liberty and Vice around it? That might be what your already doing though, I dunno.

LibertyCityStories
  • LibertyCityStories

GTA III Legend

• Members

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:57 AM

Will there be new stunts or the old ones,and will the stunts count in the stats?And what about the hidden packages-will there be any and will they be in GTA3 or VC design(I meant how will they look)?Rampages-any of them?Oh and here's a thing I've always wanted to be in the game:I've heard that on GTA Liberty City Stories there the Trashmaster can be used for taking out the garbage.I don't know if it's true but can you make it in GTA United?Even you can make a mission for that because that's the exact thing I heard for GTA LCS?About the Trashmaster I like the GTA 3 Trashmaster more than SA and VC one.Can you make it or if there is some mod for it can you give me a link for it?Thank You

Sacky
  • Sacky

IV's Limit Adjuster

• Members

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:07 AM

About the Trashmaster I like the GTA 3 Trashmaster more than SA and VC one.Can you make it or if there is some mod for it can you give me a link for it?Thank You

What would be awesome is using the Limit Adjuster to add the VC and LC vehicles directly into the game smile.gif

tommykills1
  • tommykills1

You wasted 5 seconds of your life reading this

• Members

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:53 PM

about the tashmaster it is true about taking the garbage out of the grabage can.

LibertyCityStories
  • LibertyCityStories

GTA III Legend

• Members

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:39 AM

In an earlier post in this topic a member was asking about a tuning garage.I think the Sunshine Autos paintshop is a perfect place in Vice City.As for Liberty I have no idea where you can make one.And I've got a question:will the Import/Export garages in Vice and Liberty and the Emergency crane in Portland Harbor be used in the game.Because it will be interesting to collect vehicles again.But now SA vehicles.And what about the car crusher in Portland,will it be available?Because I want to smash,crash and destroy vehicles biggrin.gif

markiij
  • markiij

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:52 PM Edited by markiij, 30 October 2007 - 07:02 PM.

QUOTE (Sacky @ Oct 29 2007, 09:07)
About the Trashmaster I like the GTA 3 Trashmaster more than SA and VC one.Can you make it or if there is some mod for it can you give me a link for it?Thank You

What would be awesome is using the Limit Adjuster to add the VC and LC vehicles directly into the game smile.gif

using a limit adjuster wont let you edit the maximum number of vehicle id's mate but i have aanother suggestion:D! in sa there are about 15-20 (!) vehicle ids that are just used for things like the stairs that you can put behind your car on the airport. i have some examples if you dont understand:

http://nl.wikigta.or...TA_San_Andreas)
http://nl.wikigta.or....._San_Andreas)

these things are (in most cases) totaly useless and just a wast of vehicle id's BUT they can be replaced with other, drivable conversions from VC and III. I think this is the best solution. Also, some normal vehicles of SA can be replaced so that there will be aroud 33% SA vehicles, 33 VC and 33% LC vehicles.

@LibertyCityStories
1. Making a working car crusher (reminds me of the good old gta2 days btw:P) will coast a lot of (scripting) work because there is no such thing is the standard sa.
2. yeah a tuning garage in sunshine cars is a good idea. i also have some other locations in mind: a hanger on the airport, the garage where you end up by doing the bank robbery mission in vc, the pay 'n spray shops around the city and maybe the garage next to phill's house (caravan) with the humer in it;).
3. about the hiden packages: i have an idea:D! why dont use the GTA:United license plate as hidden package? it's in the style of the mod and looks cool i think:D.
4. about your intro video: this can easily be made with a registered copy of Fraps (recording program) and a SA camera hack so it looks like a real movie and you wont see the HUUD and map;).

PS. wtf do you mean by rapping? tounge.gif do you mean hip-hop syle movements or something?

later, markiij

EDIT: i thought about the legality problem of the gtaIII and VC music again but.... i think it IS legal to use it for your mod. this is why: 1. it's also legal to convert that maps, vehicles and peds from those games. 2. Since gtaIII the music is all from interscope records so it's still the same contract;). atleast this is what i think. Could still be wrong;).

Sacky
  • Sacky

IV's Limit Adjuster

• Members

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:29 PM

using a limit adjuster wont let you edit the maximum number of vehicle id's mate

I beg to differ, I made it.

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (markiij @ Oct 30 2007, 19:52)
QUOTE (Sacky @ Oct 29 2007, 09:07)

using a limit adjuster wont let you edit the maximum number of vehicle id's mate but i have aanother suggestion:D! in sa there are about 15-20 (!) vehicle ids that are just used for things like the stairs that you can put behind your car on the airport. i have some examples if you dont understand:

these things are (in most cases) totaly useless and just a wast of vehicle id's BUT they can be replaced with other, drivable conversions from VC and III. I think this is the best solution. Also, some normal vehicles of SA can be replaced so that there will be aroud 33% SA vehicles, 33 VC and 33% LC vehicles.

@LibertyCityStories
1. Making a working car crusher (reminds me of the good old gta2 days btw:P) will coast a lot of (scripting) work because there is no such thing is the standard sa.
2. yeah a tuning garage in sunshine cars is a good idea. i also have some other locations in mind: a hanger on the airport, the garage where you end up by doing the bank robbery mission in vc, the pay 'n spray shops around the city and maybe the garage next to phill's house (caravan) with the humer in it;).
3. about the hiden packages: i have an idea:D! why dont use the GTA:United license plate as hidden package? it's in the style of the mod and looks cool i think:D.
4. about your intro video: this can easily be made with a registered copy of Fraps (recording program) and a SA camera hack so it looks like a real movie and you wont see the HUUD and map;).

PS. wtf do you mean by rapping? tounge.gif do you mean hip-hop syle movements or something?

later, markiij

EDIT: i thought about the legality problem of the gtaIII and VC music again but.... i think it IS legal to use it for your mod. this is why: 1. it's also legal to convert that maps, vehicles and peds from those games. 2. Since gtaIII the music is all from interscope records so it's still the same contract;). atleast this is what i think. Could still be wrong;).

I'm going to try that, cool idea.

LibertyCityStories
  • LibertyCityStories

GTA III Legend

• Members

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:29 AM

PS. wtf do you mean by rapping?tounge.gif do you mean hip-hop style movements or something?

Yes,I meant the exact same thing.
About the cars,I think your idea is great.Also there are some vehicles that are the same in both GTA 3 and VC,like Securicar,Barracks(except it's name in Liberty is Barracks OL),Rhino(their difference is just that the VC's Rhino's muzzle is bigger);Espreanto,Stallion,Idaho(these three are the same in the three games except there is no Idaho in SA),Bus,Cabbie,and others.that way instead of making two vehicles there will be only one for each vehicle I just wrote and some vehicles can be deleted.You know that the smaller the game is the better.Because some people don't have powerful PCs and I'm one of them.But since you're going to change to useless vehicles(those trailers for hte tractor and the others) you're planning to change their names to GTA 3 and VC's vehicle names that you gonig to put on their places,aren't you?
About the intro I suggest someone else or someone from the team that makes the mod make it because I've tried to make I video with FRAPS but I can't work with it.

markiij
  • markiij

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:39 AM Edited by markiij, 31 October 2007 - 07:44 AM.

QUOTE (Sacky @ Oct 30 2007, 22:29)
using a limit adjuster wont let you edit the maximum number of vehicle id's mate

I beg to differ, I made it.

i was wrong then, sry;).

@LCS - Yes,I meant the exact same thing.

Ok. well let them do some different annimations is very easy if the team has a good scripter (and i think they have cause they have made the GTAIII bridge work;)). maybe it's also possible to convert some annimations that are more normal and less hip-hip-like;P.

LibertyCityStories
  • LibertyCityStories

GTA III Legend

• Members

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:15 AM

i was wrong then, sry;).

@LCS - Yes,I meant the exact same thing.

Ok. well let them do some different annimations is very easy if the team has a good scripter (and i think they have cause they have made the GTAIII bridge work;)). maybe it's also possible to convert some annimations that are more normal and less hip-hip-like;P.

That's good.I forgot to ask a question about a multiplayer.Are you planing to make a Multiplayer for GTA United or it will be using the SA-MP or MTA multiplayers.I hope the mod has it's own MP because it will be more fun I think

LiveLife
  • LiveLife

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:21 PM Edited by ColdDeath, 03 November 2007 - 09:01 AM.

GTA United Trailer

Download Links

Xtreme High Quality - 10 Mbps - 320 Kbps - 1152x864 - wmv - 300 MB
Download Megaupload

High Quality - 7 Mbps - 192 Kbps - 1152x864 - wmv - 219 MB
Download

Medium Quality - 5 Mbps - 192 Kbps - 1024x768 - wmv - 98 MB
Download

Streaming - YouTube
Streaming

This is the official Trailer of the Modification GTA United, which will be released tomorrow.

I just can they, please download the High Quality Version, it's my best editing. (And the YouTube Version sucks.) Have Fun smile.gif

nabo45
  • nabo45

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:45 PM

That trailer is so f*cking impressing, i was stunned when i first saw it. I really want this mod now.

Therman
  • Therman

The Herman

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

omfg the trailer of this mod was really well made and the anberlin song made it even better since it is the best band in the world i say!
i am really looking forward for the release now smile.gif you guys ROCK!

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:25 PM

Car Crushing can be easily done with an already defined crane script, and some addition to it. So the player would need to pick up the car with a crane, then put it in the crusher tounge.gif

derty
  • derty

My member's custom title is "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

Wow. Wow wow wow. The best Looking mash up thus far.
I don't know if you guys did anything with the atmosphere/
ambiance, but it looks fantacular.

I am especially impressed by the re-enable of externals
and the more obscure script details.

Forgive me if it's been asked before: How will you be sorting
your tunnels? Layers like GTANet's Myriad Islands? Something else?

Great trailer, VERY well put together, I am highly impressed and
will be watching GTAUnited! Great work! cookie.gif

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:22 AM

Nice trailer, a bit too long actually. the atmosphere looks not bad but it feels like it's missing something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users