Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Chain Game V2 21st Round (with new specials)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
213 replies to this topic
Necromancer.
  • Necromancer.

Keep It Simple, Stupid

• Members

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:55 PM

It's me finally... biggrin.gif

Necromancer.
  • Necromancer.

Keep It Simple, Stupid

• Members

Posted 28 October 2007 - 02:32 PM

Mission: Gone Courting/Against All Odds
Called by: Necromancer.
Link: =)
Notes: Mission Complete!
Tried my hand at the Blood Bowl.
Completion %: 47.58%

Ahh...Sorry for the double post.Forgot the Edit button.... confused.gif

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:49 PM Edited by Bad~Boy#17, 28 October 2007 - 05:49 PM.

I will have another go...

Mission : Made in Heaven/Local Liquor Store and Badlands B
Called by : Bad~Boy#17
Notes:

Mission completed
1000$ reward money
Driving skill+
Made a horrible lap time (got spined 2 times)
Found (Don't kill me If enybody else has found then first)
  • A FBI Truck in Dillimore
  • A monster truck on a roof in Dillimore
  • A Vortex in Panopticon
Never knew that there was a golfclub by the Vinewood signature
Cesar's blimp appeared again
Why does everybody say that the "Local Liquor Store" mission is hard ?
I used the SMG and kill all 4 guys before the Unique jump

Link : ...::: Right Here :::...
Completion : 48.66%

@JAJ :
Sorry about that blush.gif .There are so many rules to be read that I forgot that one blush.gif

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:07 PM Edited by JAJ, 28 October 2007 - 06:42 PM.

@Bad~Boy#17: Welcome to the chain game & thanks for playing!
You need to wait for three turns before you can call another turn.
QUOTE (the chain game rules in the first post)
Wait until 3 other turns have been completed before calling another mission.

If 6 hours pass without another gamer calling a mission, then the 3 mission rule is reset & anyone may call a turn. This does NOT mean to wait 6 hours between personal mission/turn calls.

Edit:
It's sort of an informal rule to forgive the mistakes of a first time player, you made three of them so you're getting a 3 for 1 deal. You are also only supposed to do one 'named' mission & you did two (the Local Liquor Store & Badlands 'B'. There was a request not to do the Badlands 'B' race until after the Farewell, My Love storyline mission as it may cause a problem in continuing with the game.
I can surely understand where there may have been some confusion.

Please read the rules again.
smile.gif

You can read the rules of the chain game <here>

@OrionSR/pdescobar: It appears that the Badlands 'B' mission was done before 'Farewell, my Love'; do you think we can continue (to 100%) with the turn by Bad~Boy#17?

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:08 PM Edited by ryan92, 28 October 2007 - 06:34 PM.

Well since JAJ didn't say what we are doing, I guess we are gonna cut you a break and just continue from Bad~Boy#17 post.

Thats fair isn't it guys?

king a turn

Mission:
Called By: ryan92
Link:
Completion:
Notes:

I completed the race and then as I was going to save CJ's car randomley blows-up for no reason. angry.gif I dont got the time to re-do it at the moment, I try again later.

Last turn here.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:45 PM Edited by OrionSR, 28 October 2007 - 08:06 PM.

I'll take the next turn.

I'm worried about the potential of a glitch caused by completing Badlands B early. However, this was a feature introduced by pdescobar and I'm not sure why he requested this race was not to be completed. I have already completed the Farewell My Love race mission, and Are You Going to San Fierro using the current save. Now I'm going to repeat the missions in the proper order to look for a percentage/attempt/completion glitch. The Badlands missions are really strange about how they calculate attempts and completions, so it might take me a while to track everything down.

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but somehow I ended up with one more attempt and completion after completing the missions in sequence. The completion percentage is the same either way. I'm not sure if this will effect 100% or not, but since pdescobar isn't here to comment, and the turn violated multiple rules, I'd prefer to play it safe and continue with Necromancer's turn. Sorry, the Badlands missions are really weird about how they calculate attempts and completions, and I'm not at all sure about how this will influence the game.

Mission: Made in Heaven/Local Liquor Store
Called by: OrionSR
Link: <GTASnP>
Notes: ---
Completion %: 48.13%

I'd like to suggest that Bad~Boy#17 turn be considered void, and that he be permitted to take another turn without restriction.

BTW, Bad~Boy#17. You get partial credit for a new discovery on the Dillimore Monster. The FBI Truck has been recently discovered, but I'm not sure if it's made it to the list or map quite yet. The Vortex at the Panopticon is normal game vehicle but it has been displayed early. But don't worry about re-finding new vehicles, or making mistake on standard vehicles. There are still lots of new vehicles to be discovered, and if people are too shy about their observations they'll never get mapped.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:38 PM Edited by ryan92, 28 October 2007 - 09:05 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Oct 28 2007, 15:45)
I'd like to suggest that Bad~Boy#17 turn be considered void, and that he be permitted to take another turn without restriction.

The more I think about it, i agree. He broke the rules on 3 different things (not serious), and for some reason PD really didn't that mission done so thats why I think we should go back.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:43 PM Edited by JAJ, 28 October 2007 - 08:53 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Posted on Oct 28 2007, 14:45)
I'm not sure if this will effect 100% or not, but since pdescobar isn't here to comment, and the turn violated multiple rules, I'd prefer to play it safe and continue with Necromancer's turn.
Okay, that sounds good to me & thanks to OrionSR.

We'll continue with OrionSR's turn Made in Heaven/Local Liquor Store.

@Bad~Boy#17: you may take a turn as OrionSR's turn makes the third turn since your last turn.

Please don't do the Badlands 'B' race - do the mission 'Farewell, my Love' instead.
smile.gif

Edit: PM sent to ryan92 requesting him to adjust his post to show the correct turn for continuation.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:43 PM

The "don't do mission races early" request was a precaution based on my own previous testing prior to chain game 19. It probably would not affect 100% completion, but could affect collecting the race completion bonus money and could also potentially mess with the save name. I like to err on the side of caution in such cases so since it was caught quickly, I think voiding the turn was the right move. So I would also say continue from Orion's turn and let Bad~Boy be exempt from the 3 mission wait rule in this one case.

p.s. I learned long ago to not pay any attention to missions attempted and missions passed and instead just focus on the pct completion.

p.p.s. I'll try and update the found stuff list/map later today.

@ryan: Orion has already continued from Necromancer's turn. the current save is this:
QUOTE (OrionSR @ Oct 28 2007, 14:45)

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:13 PM Edited by ryan92, 28 October 2007 - 09:16 PM.

So I'll put all this together.

@Bad~Boy#17: You may now take a turn, as OrionSR's turn was the 3'rd tward the 3 mission wait rule

@OrionSR: Good Call

@JAJ: Sorry about posting the wrong turn there. blush.gif

@Everyone: Dont do Badlands B untill the race mission Farewell My Love.

And here is the last turn

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Oct 28 2007 @ 14:45)

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:16 PM Edited by rubregg, 28 October 2007 - 10:29 PM.

I'll do a turn...

[turn posting moved downward]

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:19 PM Edited by Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic, 28 October 2007 - 09:22 PM.

Sorry, didn't see rubregg's post. blush.gif

Anyway, my game crashed again. Darn!

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:23 PM Edited by ryan92, 28 October 2007 - 09:33 PM.

QUOTE (Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic @ Oct 28 2007, 18:19)
I'll try and do a turn.

Im sorry Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic,b ut rubregg has already called a turn. Feel free to take a turn after he is done.

Turn currentley in progress by rubregg

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:28 PM

last turn moved here for convenience, I don't want to 'lose' the blatant rally ad wink.gif

Mission: Rally Preparation
Called by: rubregg
Link: here
Completion: 48.13% (unchanged)
Notes: dated Denise to 100% and put on some decent clothes (really, this time, for once wink.gif ); found a feature clue someone left behind at Dillimore.

@ next player:
The game is saved at Palomino Creek and there's a modded Bullet and an NRG in the garage - so why not try out one of the Chain Game Rallies ?? You can try either Skipping Palomino or Badlands Endurance but the game will load at 00:00 so I'd suggest Badlands Endurance - it's easier to get into and you'll have the right timer / time of day at loading. So grab the Bullet, clear the checkpoints and return it to the Palomino Garage. 2 of the unique jumps are already cleared, but that doesn't really matter because the only requirement is the slomo cam to be triggered.

--> have fun, and don't be shy trying it out. Zoom got into Katie Jumps earlier on and scored an instant silver medal (a very closely missed gold in fact). Congrats here too, mate, well done! Same to OrionSR for the 4star Taxis , major cool icon14.gif

dxk
  • dxk

The Boss...

• Members

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:54 AM Edited by dxk, 29 October 2007 - 05:18 AM.

I am on the next...........@rubregg:thanks for the heads up

Oh........f*ck I can't start the save game I down loaded........I tried downloding 3 times but nothin.......is it modded......may be I'll have to read the topic guide again...... [I end my turn]

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:15 AM Edited by OrionSR, 29 October 2007 - 07:10 AM.

QUOTE (dxk @ Oct 28 2007, 21:54)
I am on the next...........@rubregg:thanks for the heads up

Oh........f*ck I can't start the save game I down loaded........I tried downloding 3 times but nothin.......is it modded......may be I'll have to read the topic guide again...... [I end my turn]

Yes, there are many modifications included with the save file, but it was crafted to be compatible with unmodified games. We've included a lot of rare or unused vehicles, pickups, and popcycles, so if you have modifications to your game, this might lead to... problems.

However, the mostly likely problem from new players is trying to play our version 2 saves with a version 1 game. To maintain compatibility with the most players, we are using a version 2 save that requires people with version 1 to use version 2 scripts. There are links on the 1st post to a script switching utility (good documentation) and script archive.

GTASnP will report a v1 save from players using the v1 exe with v2 scripts, so despite what is reported from the download utility, these are all v2 saves. We used to have to convert the ID to v2 with a command line utility, now SnP does it automatically. This saves a lot of time, but sometimes leads to a little confusion.

Also, sometimes things start crashing for one player for no apparent reason, but reinstalling usually clears up any problems.

Oh, and BTW, welcome to the chain game. And yeah, it's a good idea to read the 1st post; there are a bunch of rules that have developed through the rounds, and a few requirements to maintain save compatibility and avoid known and potential glitches. It all seems rather complicated at first, but the rules really do a good job of organizing the chain game.

Pro-lap Acheivement for Badlands Endurance
user posted image

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:17 AM Edited by Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic, 29 October 2007 - 07:31 AM.

Well, the game crashed again. Same time as this morning.

Meh. dozingoff.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:45 AM Edited by ryan92, 29 October 2007 - 11:54 AM.

I just tested the save file for myself, it does work, well for me atleast.

You guys will probley need you use pdescobars ID converter on the save file. You can find pdescobars ID converter in the mission help index.

@dxk: Hello and welcome to tthe Chain Game, thanks for taking interest in the Chain Game. smile.gif

Also...

Its been more than 6 hours since the last turn was completed. The 3-mission wait rule has been re-set, and anyone my now call a turn.

Necromancer.
  • Necromancer.

Keep It Simple, Stupid

• Members

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:55 AM Edited by Necromancer., 29 October 2007 - 11:58 AM.

@ dxk: Hope that PM helps you...Welcome to the chain game:^:

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:08 PM Edited by Bad~Boy#17, 29 October 2007 - 12:57 PM.

OK I will take a turn and hope not to screw it all up again

Mission : Farewell, My Love
Called by : Bad~Boy#17
Stats : Complete
Notes :
  • Pistol shooting range completed
  • Micro SMG shooting range completed
  • Shotgun shooting range completed
  • The AK-47 Shooting range isn't un-locked yet
  • The purple and green graveyard stone in Palomino Creck is quite funny
  • Same goes with the green shovel
@ Rubregg :
Tried to do the Skipping Palomino, but my game crashed sad.gif

Completion : 50.27%

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:59 PM Edited by radicell, 29 October 2007 - 01:25 PM.

I'll do a turn...

Mission: ARE YOU GOING TO SF?
Done by: radicell
notes:

Safehouses in Calton Heights, Chinatown, Doherty, Hashbury, Kings, and Paradiso have been purchased.

Some (hopefully) new finds: PCJ600 in alley next to Chinatown safehouse, Go Kart in walled area behind Zero RC.

Did some vehicle collecting for exports: Slamvan stored in Doherty garage, Cheetah stored in Paradiso garage.

Did a Unique Jump.

Link: http://gtasnp.com/5476
Percentage: 54.01%

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:28 PM Edited by girishb, 29 October 2007 - 02:06 PM.

Me will take a turn.

Mission: WEAR FLOWERS IN YOUR HAIR
Called By: girishb
Link: **Click Here**
Notes: Mission Passed!
Zero's RC shop purchased.

Completion: 55.08%

This round seems to be moving pretty fast. colgate.gif

Necromancer.
  • Necromancer.

Keep It Simple, Stupid

• Members

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:49 PM Edited by Necromancer., 29 October 2007 - 04:12 PM.

Me next..... Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Mission: 555 We Tip
Called By: Necromancer.
Link: http://gtasnp.com/5481
Completion: 55.61%

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:57 PM Edited by rubregg, 29 October 2007 - 06:10 PM.

Partial Sick Leave
I'm afraid my back is acting out again and I can't sit too well. So I never know for how long I can hang around my computer (writing this posting took forever, lol).... So no lengthy turns for me ATM (no overtimes either wink.gif ), but I will try to drop in and follow the game. Have fun, everyone!!

@dxk
Welcome to the Chain Game! Hope you'll stick around, I'm sure you'll get everything up and running in the end. As has been said before, you don't need to install any mods to run this game - all the specials are included with the save file. Best thing is to *not run any mods at all* and if you have v1, it is essential that you run your game with the v2 scripts. A link to the script switching utility is in my signature - in there you'll find more links to related topics. crazyanurag's pinned Mission Help Index is a good general starting point to find useful information, and the 1st post in this topic contains all you need to know chain game related.

Rallies
Welcome to the Chain Game Rallies, Bad~Boy#17 !! biggrin.gif
Thanks for giving it a try and hope you can eventually get going without crashes. Did the crash occur with the save posted in the chain game, or with the crafted save for Skipping Palomino that is provided in the Rally Topic?

Congrats on the Pro-Lap, OrionSR - nice screenshot too, hehehe lol.gif . I'll edit the other posting later today.

Got some happy news myself too - went back to Skipping Palomino last weekend and finally managed a Silver Bullet (10 jumps, and just so reached the finish) biggrin.gif
user posted image user posted image

Zoom's Mt. Chiliad 'Incident'
This happened a while back but it stuck to memory and I finally wanted to get back on this:
QUOTE (zmoonchild @ Oct 26 2007, 20:45)
Hereís irony:
Occasionally when Iím bored, Iíll place vehicles in the path of the Chiliad Challenge (such as the Camper or the Journey) to make the other cyclists go off a cliff during the race. This time, however, I swore to myself that I wouldnít do that. This is where it gets funny: the Shamal I jumped out of to get to the top of Mount Chiliad crashed and landed in a spot that forced all of the cyclists to ride off a cliff during the Birdseye Winder Race; so they all ended up dieing anyway. tounge2.gif

Well, first of all, f***ing LOL - that thing with the Camper/Journey is exactly the strategy I sometimes like to mess around with on the Chiliad Challenge. And back when I was doing all the practice runs for my video shots, I had the same thing with the Shamal happening too and could eventually reproduce it pretty well. IIRC, if you approach the plateau roughly from the NE, break down a lot on your approach and bail somewhere right of the Mtn.Bike, aiming the Shamal so it passes just left of the wall up the summit, you should hit the path of the races pretty well. It's been a while since I've done it though, so my directions could be slightly off... Anyway, well done, Zoom lol.gif

Chain Game Specials
Happy to see more found vehicles get reported. Keep it up everyone, and don't be shy to get errors or doubled reports, that doesn't matter at all. Quite a lot still hasn't been found so I'd thought I'd give a little heads-up: ever noticed those odd sounding not further described 'feature clues', left all over the place (in-forum and in-game)? wink.gif

Last Turn copied here for convenience:

QUOTE (Necromancer. @ Oct 29 2007, 17:49)

Mission: 555 We Tip
Called By: Necromancer.
Link: http://gtasnp.com/5481
Completion: 55.61%

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:44 PM Edited by zmoonchild, 29 October 2007 - 06:48 PM.

I'll take a turn

also, rubregg , I'm glad I made you laugh. lol.gif icon14.gif

Mission: Back to School; all- Golds
Called by: Zoomzoom (zmoonchild)
Link: http://gtasnp.com/download/5483
Notes:

I improved my NGR-500 Challenge time: 1:32 (It's much easier without 4-Stars wink.gif )
I completed the Unique Jump off of the cliff into SF Airport
I attempted the Unique Jump in Financial, SF, but it didn't count; however I did get it to work during a practice run when I was just messing around.

I still can't figure out how to do the remaining jump that's just north of there; do I need to ride that same
NRG-500 and hop the rooftops until I get into a position to make the jump?
I don't see any other bikes up there to make it.

Also, this was the first time I completed a story-mission during this round.

Completion: 56.15 %

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (zmoonchild @ Oct 29 2007, 19:44)
I still can't figure out how to do the remaining jump that's just north of there; do I need to ride that same NRG-500 and hop the rooftops until I get into a position to make the jump? I don't see any bikes up there to make it.

Good to see someone's checking out the jumps!!

You're certainly on the right track for the northern SF one, but relax, you don't have to hop all the way there with the NRG. Still, *some* hopping is involved, so have a second look at those roofs near the jump location...

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:55 PM Edited by Bad~Boy#17, 29 October 2007 - 07:21 PM.

I'll have another go

Mission : Air Raid
Called By : Bad~Boy#17
Notes :
  • Got 3000$ award money
  • After the mission I noticed that I aquired a minigun with infinite ammo, glich ?
  • Why are there so many FBI Truck spawning in the game, I found one by the crane at the docks and parked it in Doherty garage

Progress : 56.68%

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Bad~Boy#17 @ Oct 29 2007, 11:55)

• After the mission I noticed that I aquired a minigun with infinite ammo, glich ?
  • Why are there so many FBI Truck spawning in the game, I found one by the crane at the docks and parked it in Doherty garage

There is a glitch related to the heavy weapons and Zero's missions, but I can't remember the details. However, it looks like everything is okay on your save. Try to remember to save with full armor; armor can be found in any wardrobe.

There are two FBI Trucks generators in the current save; both have now been found. One is at Dillimore, and another at the Dry Dock in SF. There are lots of them because I like this vehicle so I added them as a feature. There's also a BP/FP FBI Truck at Mulholland that is intended for a Vigilante challenge.

BTW, it seems that someone threw away the BP/FP Super Cabbie at the Doherty garage before I had a chance to move it back into restricted territory. I suppose it doesn't matter since the Taxi mission is complete, but still, be careful about tossing out the Green Vehicles - they usually have some proofing and an intended purpose.

Feel free to use and abuse the Engineless NRGs, I included 4 of them so they could be disposable. The green one at Santa Maria Beach has useless proofing, it's decorated with the Katie Jumps colors and proofing isn't suppose to help. The Engineless NRG at Palomino Creek is intended for Skipping Palomino Rally, but other than the engine and color, isn't special at all. BTW, the Bullet at Palomino Creek is Bulletproof, but isn't green.

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:58 PM Edited by zmoonchild, 29 October 2007 - 09:26 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Oct 29 2007, 16:41)
QUOTE (Bad~Boy#17 @ Oct 29 2007, 11:55)

There is a glitch related to the heavy weapons and Zero's missions, but I can't remember the details. However, it looks like everything is okay on your save. Try to remember to save with full armor; armor can be found in any wardrobe.

I forgot to add that during my last turn (which was just prior to Bad~Boy#17's), I went to the wardrobe in LS and got 10000+ rounds for the minigun; maybe that's why it appears to be 'infinite ammo'

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:24 PM Edited by JAJ, 29 October 2007 - 10:32 PM.

my turn smile.gif
Mission: Deconstruction
Called by: JAJ
Notes:
Completion %: 57.22%

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users