Photo

[WIP] Final Tab

6 replies to this topic
mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:53 PM

Recent events in real-life have forced me to slow my modding a bit down. That doesn't mean I will go cold turkey on MI. I'd still help out where I can, but this will be mostly small stuff, no more big projects for a while...
I have quite some unfinished models lying around, and am in the middle of collecting all the necessary files. I allready gave a first part of them to GForce and locO_G, whom I consider to be the backbone of MI today. It's nice to see my models get a second chance on their lots. The second part I'm still collecting, but once that is done, I'll ship it to them too. If anyone else wants to have a play with them, either contact me, or when i'm not around, contact locO_G or GForce.
As for what I'm talking about, here are some screens of what I've done so far :

Milestown models::
Originaly intended to go into the little city I had in mind. Some even date from back in the MI-VC days. A bit dusty and boxy but they could fill space where needed.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Bourbon Alley::
A red light district I was working on. Didn't decided yet if it was to go into Milestown or not. You may have noticed most of them have been nicely recycled by locO_G on his illurb88 lot.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:53 PM Edited by mickarrow, 17 October 2007 - 10:19 PM.

The 10 pic per post rule made me doublepost

Chinatown::
Most of you will know this area as Little Tokyo, made by SaDiStIcMaChInE for MI-VC. Since I wanted to do a major update on this area I called it Chinatown, to get away from the strictly Tokyo definition. I had a lot of fun updating SaDMaC's models as well as creating my own. SaDMaC saw some screenshots on IRC and I'm pleased to know he liked what he saw. I had big plans for this area, but sadly enough it won't get finished by me.

Big Red:
Tripled in size, but trust me, not just a copy and paste job. The flags are animated. Most of the textures are updated and more detailed now.
user posted image user posted image user posted image

Random Statue:
A generic I planned to use around Chinatown.
user posted image

Big Bridge, Dragon lamp and bridge props:
The bridge was intented to go around Big Red, heading towards the market. That's why you see a first market stall prop on the pics. The dragon statues go all around the bridge, watching Big Red.
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:55 PM Edited by mickarrow, 17 October 2007 - 10:27 PM.

Tjad Makh Market
Again something tripled in size, but with some more modelled details. All textures updated and more detailed.

Shopping Street and new tree generic
Quadrupled in size, not just tripled this time. As you can see in one of the pics, I was playing around with alternative colours to break up the repetitiveness. Model as well as textures updated and more detailed. The tree was fun to make and was planned as a generic throughout Chinatown.
I intented this shopping street to be a walkway towards a large courtyard with Big Red on the other side of it.

Other small stuff::

Sir Bra:
user posted image
A ped I originaly made as a modding joke during the development of 0.5 . It still is in 0.69, but seeing this was a quick job it either needs to be removed or drastically improved imo. Here are the files if anyone wants to have a go at them: Sir Bra dff and txd

Black Mesa col update:
I played around with the procobj.dat and the Black Mesa colfiles. The results are not quite how they should be (some bushes tend to float) but it is how it is. If you still want to use them or improve them, here are the files: col files and (a rather messy) procobj.dat
In the procobj.dat, sorry about the mess, it's only the changes in the P_MOUNTAIN area that are needed for what I've shown in PPT3.
I also played around with the lighting of Black Mesa as I showed in PPT3, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted, so that's binned.

Final Tab:
user posted image user posted image
A little food trailer I made and put on Black Mesa while I played around with the lighting. Either keep or bin it, I couldn't make the choice myself.

Papa Pasta Interior:
The italian bistro interior I made for locO_G's upcoming illurb88 lot. Watch out for this lot release, it'll be worth the wait.

That's it. I hope someone will put these to good use one day. I'll get the second part of the files spread asap.
And like I said, I'm not gone just yet biggrin.gif If for example illy needs a cactus for his desert idea, I'd be happy to make it. But big stuff like entire lots or zones I'll have to pass from now on.

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:11 AM

WOW smile.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:13 AM

nice to see, your spreading your files. I also have done this a while ago cause i had the same probs.

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:16 AM

What with GTAF downtime and real world stuff, I'm a little late in reply.
mickarrow: This is an outstanding portfolio of work, of which you should be proud.

By the middle of next week I should be free to finish off urb88 and take a look at the rest of your files.
I might take an adjacent lot to urb88 and try to include some more (Crazy Cow and your Library). Who knows.
Having said that I did say I would finish Kamsterdam and release a final version on Xmas day.
Let the world turn and see what happens.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:40 PM

could use http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=218420

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users