Photo

Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock

162 replies to this topic
Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:55 PM

Well, it comes out on the 28th for the US (and Canada I assume), and I couldn't possibly be more pumped for this game. The songlist, the battle mode, Tom Morello and Slash as characters in the game (I think Slash is the only playable one though).

The songlist (so far) taken from Wikipedia -

* "3's & 7's" – Queens of the Stone Age
    * "Anarchy in the U.K." – Sex Pistols
    * "Avalancha" – Hιroes del Silencio
    * "Barracuda" – Heart
    * "Before I Forget" – Slipknot
    * "Black Magic Woman" – Santana
    * "Black Sunshine" – White Zombie
    * "Bulls on Parade" – Rage Against the Machine
    * "Cherub Rock" – The Smashing Pumpkins
    * "Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll" – Blue Φyster Cult
    * "Cliffs of Dover" – Eric Johnson
    * "Closer" – Lacuna Coil
    * "Cult of Personality" – Living Colour
    * "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" – Charlie Daniels Band
    * "Even Flow" – Pearl Jam
    * "Generation Rock" – Revolverheld
    * "Go That Far" - Bret Michaels Band
    * "Helicopter" – Bloc Party
    * "Hier Kommt Alex" – Die Toten Hosen
    * "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" – Pat Benatar
    * "Holiday in Cambodia" – Dead Kennedys
    * "I'm in the Band" – The Hellacopters
    * "In the Belly of a Shark" – Gallows
    * "Knights of Cydonia" – Muse
    * "Kool Thing" – Sonic Youth
    * "La Grange" – ZZ Top
    * "Lay Down" – Priestess
    * "Mauvais Garηon" – Naast
    * "The Metal" – Tenacious D
    * "Minus Celsius" – Backyard Babies
    * "Miss Murder" – AFI
    * "Mississippi Queen" – Mountain
    * "Monsters" – Matchbook Romance
    * "My Name Is Jonas" – Weezer
    * "The Number of the Beast" – Iron Maiden
    * "One" – Metallica
    * "Paint It, Black" – The Rolling Stones
    * "Paranoid" – Black Sabbath
    * "Pride and Joy" – Stevie Ray Vaughan
    * "Radio Song" – Superbus
    * "Raining Blood" – Slayer
    * "Reptilia" – The Strokes
    * "Rock and Roll All Nite" – Kiss
    * "Rock You Like a Hurricane" – Scorpions
    * "Ruby" – Kaiser Chiefs
    * "Sabotage" – Beastie Boys
    * "Same Old Song and Dance" – Aerosmith
    * "School's Out" – Alice Cooper
    * "The Seeker" – The Who
    * "She Bangs the Drums" – The Stone Roses
    * "She Builds Quick Machines" – Velvet Revolver
    * "Slow Ride" – Foghat
    * "Story of My Life" – Social Distortion
    * "Stricken" – Disturbed
    * "Suck My Kiss" – Red Hot Chili Peppers
    * "Sunshine of Your Love" – Cream
    * "Take This Life" – In Flames
    * "Talk Dirty to Me" – Poison
    * "Through the Fire and Flames" – DragonForce
    * "Welcome to the Jungle" – Guns N' Roses
    * "When You Were Young" – The Killers

I've been waiting for more Stevie Ray Vaughn since GH1, and the addition of Santana makes me very happy. Plus there's all the other kickass tracks from Aerosmith, G&R, Scorpions, Alice Cooper, The Rolling Stones, the list is endless.

biggrin.gif

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:10 PM

yeah, its gonna be awesome. i can't f*cking wait

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:24 PM

Despite the promise of Rock Band, I'm still more excited about this game.

I'm even selling my PS2 GHII plus my wireless controller, so I can buy this game for 360.

Hopefully they'll have a faceplate like this...
user posted image
I just like the look, and having it look like Zakk Wylde's guitar isn't a bad thing either.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:29 PM

Woah, some of those songs will be a bastard to play. I thought the second one was hard, some of those are going to be downright gnarly.

"3's & 7's" – Queens of the Stone Age
"Before I Forget" – Slipknot
"In the Belly of a Shark" – Gallows
"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse
"The Metal" – Tenacious D
"The Number of the Beast" – Iron Maiden
"One" – Metallica
"Raining Blood" – Slayer
"Reptilia" – The Strokes
"Rock and Roll All Nite" – Kiss
"Rock You Like a Hurricane" – Scorpions
"Suck My Kiss" – Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Through the Fire and Flames" – DragonForce
"Welcome to the Jungle" – Guns N' Roses

Those are the ones I'm really looking forward to playing.

Oblivionz
  • Oblivionz

Clunge Crawler

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:40 PM

I absolutely love that song, and I can't wait to play it on GH3.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Oblivionz @ Oct 15 2007, 19:40)

I absolutely love that song, and I can't wait to play it on GH3.

One band I hope they bring back is Anarchy Club. I've checked their website and listened to some clips, and they're probably one of the best bands that have had bonus tracks on the GH series.

AlianAnt
  • AlianAnt

For those about to rock!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:50 AM

Why no love for Pantera? Dimebag has some of the coolest riffs, and its not like Pantera isn't rock enough for GH. They did Cowboys From Hell in GH1, why not, say, Domination for GH3?

Anyways, it seems GH3 might take the back seat to Rock Band. It's funny that Harmonix is now competing with their own franchise.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (AlianAnt @ Oct 15 2007, 20:50)
Anyways, it seems GH3 might take the back seat to Rock Band. It's funny that Harmonix is now competing with their own franchise.

I dunno about that. I mean, most people who are going to buy GH3 already have the peripherals for the game. Even if they don't, it's only going to set them back $100-$120 after taxes. Rock Band on the other hand, that's roughly $160 before taxes. And it's a lot more to store controller-wise with the drums.

And if you were to be given a game without seeing any screenshots, gameplay, or any kind of media, and the options were Guitar Hero 3 or Rock Band, I'm going to bet that you'd take GH3.

Don't get me wrong though, Rock Band looks pretty awesome.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:16 AM

Rock band looks cool and all. I may want to play the drums, but I'm more interested in the guitar, and the battle mode looks awesome.

Not to sound like I'm knocking Rock Band or anything, I'd get it if I had the money for two expensive rock and roll games.

ChaosAlert
  • ChaosAlert

Gaming enthusiast.

• Members

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:24 AM

It's no doubt that GHIII is going to be so much more impressive than its previous titles. The inclusion of original and master tracks alone is just something that fans should be pleased about. Oh, and online Battle Mode.

I doubt all the training however that I have to suffer through won't be enough to take on TTFATF on Expert. confused.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (ChaosAlert @ Oct 15 2007, 18:24)
It's no doubt that GHIII is going to be so much more impressive than its previous titles. The inclusion of original and master tracks alone is just something that fans should be pleased about. Oh, and online Battle Mode.

I doubt all the training however that I have to suffer through won't be enough to take on TTFATF on Expert. confused.gif

I'm scared of that song...

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:37 AM

I'd be scared of it on Hard. Expert makes my brain melt.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:39 AM Edited by TheDude5000, 16 October 2007 - 01:47 AM.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it.

It's leaked btw:
http://s241.photobuc...f131/Ethaneeze/

I'm still very dissapointed about no Soundgarden, Megadeth, Judas Priest, etc., but it's still gonna be a great set list.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

EDIT:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH Again!

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:18 AM Edited by Cran., 16 October 2007 - 05:20 AM.

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Oct 16 2007, 12:03)
QUOTE (ChaosAlert @ Oct 15 2007, 18:24)

I'm scared of that song...

Holy f*cking sh*t...

The quailty of the songs look a whole lot better. Aren't some of these the actual songs?

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:21 AM

Either the game has somehow acquired the rights to the song or the teaboy at Activision has a far better voice than I imagined. And those videos look insane, I'm going to have practice like a demon.

Kraxxuz
  • Kraxxuz

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:25 AM

GH:III looks great, I just really got into GH:II recently, and moved up to medium getting 3 *** sad.gif . I really do prefer the tracks on III, looking forward to playing 'Number of the Beast' - Iron Maiden, and many more! Now that character customisation is added for characters the only thing you can't customise are the stages!

Damn Australia and getting things late! I have to wait until the 7th of November to get it, luckily my Mum is gonna buy it tounge.gif . Gonna have to rock like crazy to get better by then!

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:43 PM

Holy sh*t. Is this also for PS2? I want it much. nervous.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Masterkraft @ Oct 15 2007, 23:21)
Either the game has somehow acquired the rights to the song or the teaboy at Activision has a far better voice than I imagined. And those videos look insane, I'm going to have practice like a demon.

Yeah. I hear, that at least 50% of the songs are masters.

And Cult of Personality by Living Colour is a brand new recording with a new solo. So that's pretty awesome.

Not to mention exclusive original songs by Slash and Tom Morello. That sold me right there.

By the way, Here is another list, but the thing to note here, is when it says, "As made famous by {blank}" it's a cover, and when it says, "By {blank}" that means it's a master.

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:04 AM

I played the demo at my work using the new guitar and playing some cool new songs. I found hard mode rather easy at times, but still was a bit challenging. The guitar handles perfectly, and overall I think they lived up to the franchise. Might need to buy this one...

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:25 AM

I already have it pre-ordered at best buy, and got this...
user posted image

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:49 AM

Play the demo at work? Pfft, how about at home? Great news fellas, the demo is going on the Marketplace on the 23rd. However, the OXM disc with the demo leaked online like a week before, and I burned it to a CD and played the sh*t out of it. In fact I literally just played Even Flow, The Metal, and Rock You Like A Hurricane on Expert mode. The game itself also leaked, and there were vids of pretty much every song on youtube, but I can't seem to find them anymore, must have been deleted.

Either way, the game is coming in less than a week..and I don't the $$$ to buy it....sh*t! Yeah I got some credit card fees I have to take care of first, but I'm getting this as soon as possible.

Statutory Ray
  • Statutory Ray

I'm a New World Samurai, and a Redneck Nonetheless

• Members

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:53 AM

I need to start selling weed.

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]
  • [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Abandoned

• Members

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:10 AM

The demo is out on XLM if anyones interested.

I'm am sad though :

1: I have slow internetz

2: I don't own GH2 thus no Guitar for full experience. Using a controller just isn't as fun.

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (TheDude5000 @ Oct 22 2007, 22:49)
Play the demo at work? Pfft, how about at home?

You didn't get to use the new guitar now did you? And thats half the experiences. tounge.gif

Besides, my work is like my second home, and I didn't have to use some ripped copy of the game to play, so I still think it would have been better then doing what you did. The demo only has 4 or 5 songs, not to much you can do with those anyways, so it doesn't take much time at all to play through it.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:57 AM

grabbed the demo, damn, lay down is a fun song to play, but even on hard, rock you like a hurricane seems easy

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (TOGA62 @ Oct 23 2007, 17:47)

You didn't get to use the new guitar now did you? And thats half the experiences. tounge.gif

Besides, my work is like my second home, and I didn't have to use some ripped copy of the game to play, so I still think it would have been better then doing what you did. The demo only has 4 or 5 songs, not to much you can do with those anyways, so it doesn't take much time at all to play through it.

Yeah the load times are sh*t too, if I had burned to a DVD they'd be faster though. How's the controller? Apparently the neck detaches, but I've been worrying like it could accidentally do that in the middle of a game because you accidentally pressed a detach button or something. I also hear it's much heavier and sturdier, so the neck can't bend as much before.

G MONEY $$$
  • G MONEY $$$

Moneybaggz

• The Connection

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:19 AM

The GH3 demo is the first time I've ever played Guitar Hero. Seems like a lot of fun, but it's damn hard with the controller. dontgetit.gif

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (TheDude5000 @ Oct 23 2007, 19:34)
QUOTE (TOGA62 @ Oct 23 2007, 17:47)

Yeah the load times are sh*t too, if I had burned to a DVD they'd be faster though. How's the controller? Apparently the neck detaches, but I've been worrying like it could accidentally do that in the middle of a game because you accidentally pressed a detach button or something. I also hear it's much heavier and sturdier, so the neck can't bend as much before.

The neck does detach, but it does so using a clever little spring loaded switch thing that is on the back of the guitar itself. So chances of detaching on accident are slim to impossible unless you never attached it correctly to begin with. The switch is in a small encave as well, so it won't break off on accident if rubbed against something and allows the guitar back to stay flush with any surface you put it on.

The big "back" button is back, allowing for easy star power ability at the click of it. Although tilting the guitar to activate the special meter was not only extremely easy, but reacted super fast as well. I always had trouble with the guitar hero 2 controller and trying to activate my star power, this one works like a dream though.

The buttons to me feel slightly more pressed in, meaning you have to press less to activate (a good thing), but that could just be my take on it.

Also the whole thing feels a bit sturdier while holding, and it certainly could take a punch after I dropped it onto the tile floor 3 times (oops!).

I actually think my ability to play the demo songs so well on hard was due partially to the new guitar. So hopefully everyone will be able to do more shredding with it. Certainly is an improvement I say.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:23 AM

Sounds great, I'm hoping some of the faceplates resemble actual Les Paul paintjobs, because even though the controller looks to be great...just plain black isn't doing it for me

PureFuckingArmageddon
  • PureFuckingArmageddon

Mayhem

• Members

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:46 PM

Just downloaded the demo yesterday, Never played GH before in my life, I've never played any Music Rythm game for that matter, but I love it, I just think it's quite hard, I mean I can do all the songs 100% on Easy, 2 on Medium ( Even Flow and Rock You Like.. ) but when it gets to Hard and Expert.. Man I fail so bad..

Btw, for those of you who have played alot of GH, is it easier or harder to play with a normal controller?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users