» «
Photo

Possible swimming mod?

4 replies to this topic
TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:09 AM Edited by TheDude5000, 10 October 2007 - 06:37 AM.

I think I tested out some swimming mods before, but they weren't that good at all. The main issue is jerky character movement in the water, and bad animations. Well..I found a little glitch that could possibly lead to a better swimming mod one day. What I did was, freeze Tommy in a certain animation. This animation is the one that you see when he crashes the front of his bike into something, and flies off, waving his legs and arms. So used a jetpacker to move him over to the water, whilst still in the same animation...and since I had the Unlimited Health option ticked, he could stay in the water, and appear as if he was swimming. This is using the LC mod for Vice City, and a jetpack trainer, and of course CamHack. But mainly, I'm talking about Vice City. I'm sure it could easily be ported over for the LC mod as well.

I even recorded some video earlier, right after I discovered it:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OEVBOK8C

It's a short video, shorter than 10 seconds and lower than 1 MB, should be a quick download. As you can see, making him move foward is a bit hard without having it look way too fast and unrealistic, but maybe if combined with a good script/animation mod, it could be improved upon.

Discuss.

badjab
  • badjab

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:08 PM

awesome! that is what i call creative thinking.

bammargera
  • bammargera

Just Call Me Rob, Its Easier That Way

• Members

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:03 PM

dude thats a amazing start, for you to complete it would be awesome... many have tried but all have failed
so far

RR99i
  • RR99i

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:21 AM

Hi TheDude5000! That would be awesome if a good swimming mod was made for Vice City PC. smile.gif Let's hope, which I'm not sure about, that a mod will come along.

freezebox
  • freezebox

Gtaforums is gay it is a load of sh*t.

• Members

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:01 AM

Good find dude wink.gif hope this works out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users