Alternative GFX hack?

3 replies to this topic
maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:21 PM

Hi,

I was over at The_Borg Gaming Website looking through the mods there, and in the thread for carface's 1969 GM TDH-5303 Santa Monica Intercity Bus someone mentioned an alternative to the GFX hack for showing better chrome effects.

The files mentioned:

sa_vehcubemap.asi
vorbisFile.dll
vorbishooked.dll
and a couple of more changes to the vehicles.txd

Can someone point me to a download for these files?

Cheers! smile.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:32 PM

okay, seriously, What the f*ck ?

sa_vehcubemap.asi

This file is part of a mod i'm working on (the vorbis files are required to make this file load). it does not have a public release yet. i only gave it to a couple people for testing, they were not supposed to be giving it out since it wasn't done!

QUOTE (ALEXE at Borg)
got one from a GTA IV stallion mod and it worked through these files:

huh wtfbbq?? i'm not involved with any gtaiv-related mods...

There are 2 reasons this grates on me;
1. the first version i let someone try, slowed the game down and randomly crashed. not exactly user-friendly, no? (crashing was fixed, slowness depends on the PC, but was improved)
2. perhaps i wasn't clear, but if i wanted a public beta, i wouldn't be pming, or iming the files to individual people, now would i?

and a couple of more changes to the vehicles.txd

Speaking strictly about my part of the mod - i don't require any changes to the vehicle.txd. without knowing what changes are required, i can only guess that that's probably someone else's stolen work as well.

edit;
Ok, i released the files publicly as some sort of damage control. The mod is not officially supported however, and is provided on an as-is basis. Please direct all questions and comments about the mod to said topic.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:44 PM

Damn that's a real pisstake. I'll be able to inform you if it works with EU .exes though, watch this space...

EDIT: Fail. See the other topic for what I found.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:32 AM

@ EU exes - sux. but i found out what happened with these files, and have taken appropriate actions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users