Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:31 PM

Anyone still watch/remember this?

I've started rewatching it again, just into Season 2. Man it rocks smile.gif

silvermanblue
  • silvermanblue

Magnets=Miracles

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:31 AM

Yeah it was ok, I remember it. I really didnt care for it to be honest. But I got one for you, do you remember seaquest DSV? Awesome show in my own opinion.

pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:46 AM

Seaquest DSV, yes, I do, man, good times back then, that and the space one that was always shown at the same time, lol.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

I reckon Babylon 5 is one of the best scifi series ever.

Everybody should give it a shot. Season 2 is especially good.

-The show easily beats star trek in characters, costumes and in grittines. And in storylines too.

Cant abide Star Trek, neither the older or the newer. All those silly unisex costumes the crew wears make me sick. And do not ask me about Data. Argh! the robotic dude looks like an ugly wax doll! Horrible.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:07 PM Edited by rudy., 02 October 2013 - 02:10 PM.

So I just checked out the first season DVD set from a local library, and watched a handful of episodes. I'm finding it a bit weird the way the show seemed to be always on the verge of escaping the Cheese Dimension and turning into something good, but never quite managing to actually do it during those episodes. So uh, I'm wondering, does it get better later or something?

There's a segment in the middle when a group of monks are debating the mythology of the Sheridan, or something like that. It always reminded me of A Canticle for Leibowitz, one of the better books I was made to read in high school.

pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

Yes, stick with it, the first season is the weakest, but it gets better as it runs through the seasons, it's worth getting the films as well if you can.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

So I just checked out the first season DVD set from a local library, and watched a handful of episodes. I'm finding it a bit weird the way the show seemed to be always on the verge of escaping the Cheese Dimension and turning into something good, but never quite managing to actually do it during those episodes. So uh, I'm wondering, does it get better later or something?

There's a segment in the middle when a group of monks are debating the mythology of the Sheridan, or something like that. It always reminded me of A Canticle for Leibowitz, one of the better books I was made to read in high school.

It does egt better! Season 2 is a blast, it truly is, although season 5 is a bit flat.

But main point is this: the show has a continuing storyline, so you must watch the episodes in their correct order. Otherwise you will miss important plot/character developments.

Im serious: missing couple of episodes in this series really means you might not fully understand what happens in later episodes.

And this is the best thing about B5. It has a plot that goes through five seasons! Now that's something.

So it's bit like the new galactica, which I also love.

• Rudy likes this

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

I've finished Season One now, and I've put a request in at my local library for the Season Two set, so we'll see how it goes. And ja, it did get better in the later episodes, enough to perk up my interest in what happens next, but not enough to make me think I'll ever want to watch it again. The first 2-3 episodes were f*cking horrible and I wanted some improvements so badly. 

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

I love the love and hate relationships between the ambassadors and the friendships that develop between the assistants of the different ambassadors. To me these relationships are the best part of the plot.

And from that point I was quite disappointed how the final season did not actually give satisfactory endings to these relationships. No spoilers, but some characters were just left hanging there, which was very sad.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

I loved the 'And now for a word' episode in the season 2. Certainly has to be my favorite episode in this series so far. Having it take place as a news report from ISN was p awesome. The Psi Corps ad was a funny extra (complete with subliminal message). When the reporter is grilling her and it's obvious Delenn really doesn't understand this style of investigation and is really struggling with it...begins to break up over it...ouch, hurt to watch that. Mira Furlan really sold it beautifully. There's something about Delenn that, more than any of the other characters, makes you not want to see her hurt at all. Maybe it's because Mira looks so thin and fragile, but I think it's more that despite her character's strength, Delenn shows a lot of vulnerability.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

have any of you listened to the commentaries that are on the DVD box sets of this show?

-the cast commentaries are especially funny, while director comms are very informative.

My favourite character is the security chief, who looks just like bruce willis! In one of the commentaries, he tells how he used to get into lot of clubs by impersonating Bruce Willis!!! :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users