Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Chain Game V2 20th Round (with new specials)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
272 replies to this topic
radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:27 PM Edited by radicell, 14 October 2007 - 11:32 PM.

I'll go next.

Mission: GROVE 4 LIFE
Done by: radicell
notes:

Mission passed, $10000, respect gained

Did more gang wars, current percentage: 29%

Link: <Chain Game>
Percentage: 98.40%

EDIT: I don't know what is up, but double post-situations seem to keep on happening. Sorry.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [The Chain Game]

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:34 PM Edited by JAJ, 15 October 2007 - 01:56 AM.

I'll take another turn...
Mission: Gang Wars
Called By: JAJ
Link: <GTASnP>
Notes:
took over a few territories; up to 41.38% Grove St. controlled
Completion %: 98.40%

QUOTE (Zoom)
Also, John, Iím quite impressed with the fact that you were able to get a Maverick up there. Theyíve always disappeared for me whenever I tried that. smile.gif
Thanks but all I should really say on that is (hint):
QUOTE (first page @ Changes from the unmodified game by pdescobar/OrionSR)
Some local property taxes have been reassessed.
wink.gif
The garage door wouldn't close until I went inside the house & when I went back out the door was closed & upon opening, the Maverick saved. I just made sure that the tips of the skids were inside the garage area.
Wasn't it you (Zoom) that first discovered that they could be parked there & saved? icon14.gif smile.gif

(This post has been orinally edited by JAJ on Oct 14 2007, 21:29)

Edit:
QUOTE (GTA Phreak)
But I do like the idea with boat jumps (if that is possible), - lately I've been practicing jumping a boat straight up to the Wu Zi Mu shortcut bribe.
I'm gonna have to try that one! & I like the idea of adding some 'boat' jumps for future chain games.

Here's one that I did a while ago & I've tried a couple of times but I couldn't do it again.
user posted image

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:53 AM

....some cool findings there, well done.

Zoom's Sabre
Ha! monocle.gif I *finally* figured out the licence plate cool.gif

Mulholland Garage
A while ago I tried to squeeze a Hydra in. Wouldn't fit though lol.gif

Boat Jumps
...sound like fun...

Jump 7
Nice video, Phreak! ...here's some screenies I made when I first toyed around with this:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Necromancer.
  • Necromancer.

Keep It Simple, Stupid

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:24 AM Edited by Necromancer., 15 October 2007 - 10:58 AM.

My turn.....

Mission: Riot
Called By: Necromancer.
Link: <GTA:SA Save File>
No Respect+ cryani.gif
No cash! cryani.gif
Notes:
Captured lots of territories;progress upto 68%.
Completion %: 98.93%

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:40 AM Edited by GTA Phreak, 15 October 2007 - 12:27 PM.

I'll have another go ...

Mission: LOS DESPERADOS
Played by: GTA Phreak
Link: http://gtasnp.com/5276
Progress: 99.47%
Notes:
Took over the turf opposite Unity station, - but GSF % actually went down to 66.67% dozingoff.gif
Edit: Doh, - I helped Cesar take over his turf. So the difference went to the Aztecas blush.gif
Completed the final unique jump.
Looted the wreck for ~ $20.000

All set for End Of The Line.

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:36 PM Edited by radicell, 15 October 2007 - 01:58 PM.

I'll finish it off.

Mission: END OF THE LINE
Done by: radicell
notes:

Mission passed, respect gained

Link: <Chain Game>
Percentage: 100%!!!

P.S. This was actually my first try at the End of the Line mission. It took a few tries to get it.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:09 PM Edited by girishb, 15 October 2007 - 03:28 PM.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thanks to all players who contributed towards the completion of yet another successful (in fact, hugely successful colgate.gif ) Chain Game.

I think there are still a few things which haven't been discovered. So, I guess it's time PD and OrionSR step up and tell us what we have missed.
@pdescobar: You'll be updating your post on the first page, right?

And let's hope we have more fun playing the next round... smile.gif

Necromancer.
  • Necromancer.

Keep It Simple, Stupid

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Oct 15 2007, 19:39)
CONGRA G ULATIONS!!!

Correct that typo!! alien.gif

minitomo
  • minitomo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:22 PM

Great work guys. That was my first round of the Chain Game, looking forward to many more rounds in the future.

biggrin.gif

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:27 PM

100% !!! Now who would have thought that possible cool.gif

After continous hinting:
user posted image
Still disappointed though, - I really wanted a blue Dodo.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Necromancer. @ Oct 15 2007, 19:48)
QUOTE (girishb @ Oct 15 2007, 19:39)
CONGRA G ULATIONS!!!

Correct that typo!! alien.gif

Oopsie... blush.gif
Thanks!

minitomo
  • minitomo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:15 PM

So when does the next round start?

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Oct 15 2007, 15:27)
100% !!! Now who would have thought that possible cool.gif

After continous hinting:
user posted image
Still disappointed though, - I really wanted a blue Dodo.

You parked on the pay 'n' spray and It fixed you'r plane ? mercie_blink.gif

minitomo
  • minitomo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:29 PM

Did you read the the first post? The save file has been edited by two of the Chain Game players.

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:47 PM Edited by zmoonchild, 16 October 2007 - 12:38 PM.

Wow, congratulations are in order; that was great. Iím glad to be a part of that along with everyone else who participated.
QUOTE (OrionSR @ Oct 14 2007, 18:16)
Have you been up there this game. I was kind of hoping you'd be up to your old tricks and notice the pattern of modifications (Mavericks in Mulholland, LV PnS, Dock Garage, and hints the devel team has been leaving around the map).

I'm happy you discovered your plates, I wasn't sure anyone else would have pieced together enough clues. I tried to do my homework on this one. Sorry the Sabre doesn't handle very well, but it just seemed like the most appropriate choice. And yes, you get the tag because your roof garage trick led to many of my favorite new features.

Orion, I havenít been able to play as much as I wanted to, been a little busy lately. After playing around with the Mulholland garage on this round, I realized that it was modified to allow larger vehicles to be stored on top, such as Johnís Maverick.
I did notice the LV PnS, but didnít say anything about. I discovered it after attempting the new eastbound jump that landed me top of it, and it repaired the bike I did the jump with, while I was still on top of the roof.

There are a few discoveries that I never mentioned, not because I didnít want to, but because I was just too busy to read through and see if anyone else had already discovered them. Youíll notice I didnít take as many turns this round as I had on the last one.

QUOTE (JAJ @ Oct 14 2007, 19:34)
The garage door wouldn't close until I went inside the house & when I went back out the door was closed & upon opening, the Maverick saved. I just made sure that the tips of the skids were inside the garage area.
Wasn't it you (Zoom) that first discovered that they could be parked there & saved?

John, when I went through testing of the garage several months ago, I discovered that the SeaSparrow I was using needed to be placed a few feet to the west of the location that you stored the Maverick in to get the garage to close properly. After that, I learned that a 2nd vehicle could be stored up there, thatís when I made use of the Packer; itís a hell of a trip sometimes to get that thing up the hill to that garage.

QUOTE (ryan92 @ Oct 14 2007, 17:26)
The packer is there so people can get up to the roof. The roof is raised and you can set a helicopter down on top of the garage roof. Cj cant jump up to the roof so the packer is right there so if you want you can park a car up there or use it to get up top.

It also make a nice ramp for jumping

Ryan, I assume you never read my post on how to store vehicles on top of the Mulholland garage. I found out how to do it a long time ago, and then told everyone else how to do it: wink.gif
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=291308

And yes, C.J. can climb up onto the roof on his own (without the Packer); itís not that hard.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:15 PM Edited by OrionSR, 15 October 2007 - 08:24 PM.

Mission: End of the Line (alternate)
Called by: OrionSR
Link: <GTASnP>
Notes: other save has a minor glitch
Percentage: 100%

radicell, are you running a pure v2 game?

There was something we haven't been able to check because 100% was needed and it's difficult to simulate properly, so I loaded the 100% save to check it out. However, the barrier blocking access to Smoke's Crack Palace was still in place, and this is usually removed by End of the Line, so I had to do the mission again. For some reason, the game displayed the 100% bonus message, and provided a cash boost after loading radicell's save - I would have expected this to have been displayed already. Also, I ended up with about $200,000 more cash at the end - very strange.

CG 20 Report Card

I ran a quick and inaccurate tally on features found and added. If I leave out the vehicle puzzles, then about 50% of the new features have been discovered. Most of the feature classes have been discovered, but the ideas need to be expanded a little more.

And thanks to GTA Phreak, the new vehicle list has been filled in fairly well, but I'm not sure how to estimate a grade on the discoveries. There are still enough new vehicles to be found that I think we'll leave them to be discovered on the next round.

We are trying to put together the next save with only a few modifications. We are keeping most of the new features, the vehicle plan, and the new jumps, but trimming 20 standard vehicles (lame repeats) in the hope that the save will be a little more stable, and also cutting the jumps down to 70 so SAMA will hopefully be more cooperative.

This round finished a little quicker than I had expected, so we are a little behind on creating the save. I need to make a new garage block with a few repairs - lock Fort Carson's garage, and add nitrous to the Super Cabbie since enabling Taxi NOS early causes a glitch. Should I remove the nitrous from the BP/FP FBI Truck?

QUOTE (zmoonchild)
There are a few discoveries that I never mentioned, not because I didnít want to, but because I was just too busy to read through and see if anyone else had already discovered them. Youíll notice I didnít take as many turns this round as I had on the last one.

Check psescobar's 1st post in this topic. He's been trying to keep a reasonably updated map and list of discoveries.
<discoveries post>

While we are working on the next save, people are welcome to load various saves from this round to look around for stuff they may have missed, or to play with some of the new features. BTW, there are several minor features that can only be noticed if you load the 1st save.

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:15 PM

Perhaps my game didn't fully recognize the 100% score?

I really have no idea, as my game has indeed been acting very strange recently (lots of crashes and black-screens).

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (radicell @ Oct 15 2007, 16:15)
Perhaps my game didn't fully recognize the 100% score?

I really have no idea, as my game has indeed been acting very strange recently (lots of crashes and black-screens).

But are you running the version 2 executable with v2 scripts, or did you swap your scripts so that you could play the chain game with a version 1 executable? I suspect this is related to the barrier glitch. I wouldn't be surprised if the crack palace wall was missing for you on your save.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:11 AM

icon14.gif Congrats to everyone on another 100% complete chain game; thanks for playing and I hope you enjoyed it.

Also, I'd like to throw out a big public...
Thanks to OrionSR
for coming up with some very neat new ideas and expanding the boundaries of what we do with the modified chain game saves.

As Orion mentioned, Round 21 will be a tweaked version of this round, with a few minor changes and bugfixes.In the next day or two, the "found stuff" list for this round will be updated and will carry over into the next round as a starting point. Hopefully Round 21 will be ready to go at the end of the week.

Also, now that the round is over, feel free to discuss what you liked and didn't like about the additions, and any ideas you have for future improvements.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:50 AM

YAYY!! Congrats to every one!!

I'm joining in with pd :
Thanks to OrionSR icon14.gif icon14.gif

Where the ****'s your karma, mate...?? wink.gif

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:34 AM

Congratulations! another 100%!
Thanks to all that helped get to 100%
A special thanks for OrionSR & pdescobar for the super job on creating the new save!

I'll try to get all the missions zipped & posted a little later today.

While we're waiting for the next save to be ready there's the Chain Game Rallies. Have you tried them yet?

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:16 AM

Well, congratulations on everyone here for completing another Chain Game. Had my game not crashed repeatedly, I would have completed a few missions, but that was not the case.

Still, if there is another Chain Game coming up soon, I'll try my hardest to particiapte in it.

See you soon. smile.gif

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:05 AM

Here's the link for the 20th round saves: http://rapidshare.co..._saves.zip.html

@Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic: Thanks for your interest & for trying to play. I've experienced a few crashes & freezes also. I've gotten so that I re-start the computer before playing & save after doing anything I don't want to loose. The new save has been cut down a bit & that should help with the crashes & freezes.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:19 PM

I'm gonna do a few stats on this round now.
I'll post them here as soon as I finish it.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:08 AM

YES GTAF IS BACK ,
and now we can start the 21'st round.

minitomo
  • minitomo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:44 AM

Oh thank god, it's back up. Woot1

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:20 AM

Yay, forum's back! ...and it's fast, very very fast biggrin.gif

...so while we're waiting for round 21 - has anyone caught the heavy SA references on TV this week? Some cop show, and they had a gang named "Los Santos", a character named "Mad Dog" who ended up in hospital for detox and a reference to hot coffee. Too much for a coincidence... lol.gif

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:23 AM

Here are the stats for this round.

Player NameTurns TakenCompletionAvg. Completion per turn
zmoonchild911.90%1.32%
pdescobar55.89%1.18%
GTA Phreak1010.69%1.07%
girishb2222.95%1.04%
radicell1211.89%0.99%
rubregg54.27%0.85%
minitomo1310.93%0.84%
JAJ1510.89%0.73%
ryan9253.20%0.64%
Necromancer.94.83%0.54%
OrionSR31.60%0.53%
crazyanurag21.06%0.53%
TOTAL
12110100.00%0.91%

P.S.:
The above figures may be approximate coz it isn't possible to check each and every save.

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:30 AM

Nice work girishb on compiling those stats!

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (radicell @ Oct 23 2007, 14:00)
Nice work girishb on compiling those stats!

Thanks! smile.gif
I'll try to do that for every round henceforth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users