Photo

[REL|ALPHA] SA Limit Adjuster

1,121 replies to this topic
Sacky
  • Sacky

IV's Limit Adjuster

• Members

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:44 PM

I think I figured out whats wrong with the vehicles. There is a separate handling block and limit, so I need to up this limit to allow handling entries for the new vehicles. Thanks for your patience.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (Sacky @ Oct 12 2007, 23:44)
I think I figured out whats wrong with the vehicles. There is a separate handling block and limit, so I need to up this limit to allow handling entries for the new vehicles. Thanks for your patience.

Good to see you posting some news Sacky icon14.gif

silvermanblue
  • silvermanblue

Magnets=Miracles

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:01 AM

All I have say is this is steller work my man. Btw what mod was this tool made for, because I remember you saying it was being used in a mod.

Sacky
  • Sacky

IV's Limit Adjuster

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:19 AM Edited by Sacky, 15 October 2007 - 06:37 AM.

All I have say is this is steller work my man. Btw what mod was this tool made for, because I remember you saying it was being used in a mod.

I was originally recruited by Ashcratt to build him a limit adjuster that would allow many more IPL's/IDE's to add to the game, it was from this that I released the Limit Adjuster thinking the public would benefit by it.

Also I have finished a small mapping feature, called iplex. IPLex gives you the ability to map objects outside the map bounds (but with a limit of 255).

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:22 AM

So I could add land out at sea now? I've been wanting to expand the desert..so theoretically this IPLex would allow me to add more land past the northern cliff border(well to a certain extent with that limit and all)?

Also..essentially the +5 object limit is gone now, right? If so, you have solved a problem modders have been trying to solve for about two years now. I must say congrats, and keep up the extraordinary work. wink.gif

I'm mostly interested in uncapping the ipl and ide limits, what values would you reccommend for these?
CODE

; The Number of IPL Instances allowed in the game (inst)
Buildings=13000
; NOTE: Increase to increase IPL Limit
Dummys=2500
PtrNode Doubles=3200
IPL Files=256

CODE
; The number of Collision Models that can be load (NOTE: Increase if you want to increase the IDE Limit)
ColModels=10150
Collision Files=255

CODE
; The Number of IDE Entries allowed
IDEs=14000

Are those all the values I'd edit to be able to uncap the +5 limit?

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:07 PM

Well the +5 limit was of cols, so I would try adding 6 objects WITHOUT limit edited, then edited, etc. Just try. I will go increasing 'Col models'

I think its all of try, there are a lot of limits but maybe you didnt get them yet, so I would try editing one by one, only when needed to (your game crash, then increment, etc)

I think I've only reached the dynamic object limits & +5 cols, but I didnt tried with SA limit adjuster yet.

kaligula
  • kaligula

The King of Kickass

• Members

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:14 PM

Hey... This limiter is the best ... Great job. It has made me one happy man. Can someone tell me where i can get IPLex from

pywakett
  • pywakett

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:39 PM

Ok, no one no one actually answered my question. I am basically trying to change all vehicles in the game. Everytime I do this the buildings start to dissapear. Will this tool fix this problem or is it part of the streaming memory limit.

P.I.M.P_PL
  • P.I.M.P_PL

GMAS TEAM LEADER(FANGTA SECONDARY ACCOUNT)

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (pywakett @ Oct 16 2007, 23:39)
Ok, no one no one actually answered my question. I am basically trying to change all vehicles in the game. Everytime I do this the buildings start to dissapear. Will this tool fix this problem or is it part of the streaming memory limit.

hmmm you change the dff and txd files in the gta3.img?? when yes please rebuild gta3.img:) and naswer

pywakett
  • pywakett

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:21 AM

Yes of course, all you need to change those is the IMG tool. So you are saying I will be able to add them all and I wont get dissapearing textures with this tool right now?

P.I.M.P_PL
  • P.I.M.P_PL

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (pywakett @ Oct 17 2007, 06:21)
Yes of course, all you need to change those is the IMG tool. So you are saying I will be able to add them all and I wont get dissapearing textures with this tool right now?

please press commands/rebuild archive and when the rebuild is complete try to start the game and answer.

pywakett
  • pywakett

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (P.I.M.P_PL @ Oct 17 2007, 12:52)

please press commands/rebuild archive and when the rebuild is complete try to start the game and answer.

I always rebuild the archive any time I change something I have not attempted to change any vehicles yet because I still don't know if this tool will fix the problem with the building textures dissapearing.

P.I.M.P_PL
  • P.I.M.P_PL

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (pywakett @ Oct 17 2007, 12:58)
QUOTE (P.I.M.P_PL @ Oct 17 2007, 12:52)

I always rebuild the archive any time I change something I have not attempted to change any vehicles yet because I still don't know if this tool will fix the problem with the building textures dissapearing.

Maybe rebuild ots reduce this bug.but please add a screenshot.

Clutching
  • Clutching

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:41 PM

No you don't get it if you replace to much cars the memory of the game will be to low to display nice sharp textures of buildings and cars so if this tool can remove limit of that memory this problem of blury textures when modding cars will be solved

VC limt adjuster could do that!

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 October 2007 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Clutching @ Oct 17 2007, 15:41)
No you don't get it if you replace to much cars the memory of the game will be to low to display nice sharp textures of buildings and cars so if this tool can remove limit of that memory this problem of blury textures when modding cars will be solved

VC limt adjuster could do that!

Yeah, that would be useful. If you can edit streaming memory, you will be able to use high res textures without watching LODs on building, or highpoly cars...

pywakett
  • pywakett

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:03 PM

Yes Just like the Vice city limit adjuster. Thats what I am looking for. Thanks for letting me know it is definately part of the streaming memory, so I can hold off and not frustrate myself spending hours modding stuff thats not going to work.

pywakett
  • pywakett

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:32 AM

Its all good though, I know sacky will figure it out. gives me time to mod the other things before getting started with vehicles.

Sacky
  • Sacky

IV's Limit Adjuster

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:16 AM

The problem is I don't know when I've found it, I've got some places I suspect, but surely when I reset the allocation of streaming memory the memory usage according to the task manager would go up? I haven't seen this happen yet, however I've tried to allocate memory myself (124mb's) and it didn't seem to increase the usage either, so that makes me think that maybe its just the amount of memory used.

Anywho before I release the next version I would like one person who is keen to test the streaming memory limits to contact me via PM so we can arrange some private debugging sessions (because I personally don't know what changes to look for).

pywakett
  • pywakett

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:16 AM

If you have the file with the suspected limit that I can edit with a text document then I will find it. I have a backup GTA3.img from awhile back that had all the cars changed but due to the streaming memory problem the buildings dissapeared like I said. I will change values and check the game to see if the buildings quit vanishing. May take awhile but I can definately find it that way. I could also send you the file if you would rather test it, but it is large and will probably have to be sent through p2p.

Clutching
  • Clutching

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:28 PM

if you increase gta3.img size too much it will use more memory

San Andreas has a limit of that memory so the game can't display everything from gta3.img at the same time that's why you got Lods on buildings and roads and other textures

GTA Vice city limiter could remove that limit

so Sacky i advise you to explore how VC limiter works maybe you will found something There that can help you!

kaligula
  • kaligula

The King of Kickass

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:33 PM

Is the IPLex tool uploaded yet.... biggrin.gif

pywakett
  • pywakett

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Clutching @ Oct 18 2007, 12:28)
if you increase gta3.img size too much it will use more memory

San Andreas has a limit of that memory so the game can't display everything from gta3.img at the same time that's why you got Lods on buildings and roads and other textures

GTA Vice city limiter could remove that limit

so Sacky i advise you to explore how VC limiter works maybe you will found something There that can help you!

San Andreas is set up different. look up Steve M's page he is the one who designed Vice City limit adjuster he said himself the limit in San Andreas is hard coded and he couldn't do it. If it was like VIce city then the Streaming memory limit would be part of the games executable file.

Clutching
  • Clutching

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:32 PM

Well let's just hope that Sacky will find it confused.gif

I will search for it too

pywakett
  • pywakett

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:17 PM

yes he already cracked the hard coded stuff it is there, its just a matter of testing all the values and finding out which one does what. I realise that GTA3.img is not whats responsible for the streaming memory issue, however it is needed to test out the files. Sacky said he has nothing to test it out on thats why I brought up my GTA3.img because it is modded over the limit. if he finds the right value the buildings will no longer dissapear.You see what I am saying?

pywakett
  • pywakett

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (pywakett @ Oct 18 2007, 14:17)
yes he already cracked the hard coded stuff it is there, its just a matter of testing all the values and finding out which one does what. I realise that GTA3.img is not whats responsible for the streaming memory issue, however it is needed to test out the files. Sacky said he has nothing to test it out on thats why I brought up my GTA3.img because it is modded over the limit. if he finds the right value the buildings will no longer dissapear.You see what I am saying?

Now, all I need to know is if the suspected limits are on this version of this limit adjuster or not released yet. If it is already there then I can begin testing myself right now.

Clutching
  • Clutching

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (pywakett @ Oct 18 2007, 14:25)
QUOTE (pywakett @ Oct 18 2007, 14:17)

Now, all I need to know is if the suspected limits are on this version of this limit adjuster or not released yet. If it is already there then I can begin testing myself right now.

Yes the problem is in the gta3.img if you overload it over the limits of the memory then you will get Lod sh*tty textures if you mod something else than gta3.img you will never get blury textures

and if you manage to remove the memory limit let me know because i have been waiting that for 2 long confused.gif

however something keeps bugging me when I install a huge ass mod package from GTA-action.com witch replace all cars the memory of the game seems to be fine and there is no LOD 's on buildings but when i replace one car that i don't like everything goes to LOD textures

What about That??? mercie_blink.gif

pywakett
  • pywakett

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:43 PM

its like you said earlier this is the same problem as Vice city had, and I can tell you right now the limit is not in GTA3.IMG. In vice City the streaming memory value was in the .exe that runs the game. GTA3.IMG is more of a archive. There is nothing in there that justifies how large the limit can be. In Vice city the tool obviously raised the streaming memory limit so the game could pull more memory to run the lod. You didn't even have to touch GTA3.img.

P.I.M.P_PL
  • P.I.M.P_PL

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:48 PM Edited by P.I.M.P_PL, 18 October 2007 - 03:54 PM.

hi i have this question what i can put the dll load in the salimits.ini or saloader.ini i try yhis:

first in the salimits.ini:
realistic.dll=realistic.dll
when it not work i delete line and try to put in the saloader.ini:
realistic.dll=realistic.dll

But it not work in the game:(

about img question it very interesting i have this some problem with the buildings and map objects and some cars and the painjobs for this cars!!(some parts whe ni add pintjobs is invisible i dont have this earlier when the img not big too;))
my img is size 1.03 GB;]

pywakett
  • pywakett

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:00 PM Edited by pywakett, 18 October 2007 - 04:13 PM.

now I assume you are going under the concept if you remove enough textures from the GTA3.img you will free up space to add larger sized vehicles. Yes that would work too, but why would you want to do that if you can just increase the memory limit by changing a simple number, and get to keep all the other stuff too. Just like in Vice city. Rest assured the memory limit will be cracked one way or another thanks to Sacky for being able to break the hardcoaded stuff.

P.I.M.P_PL
  • P.I.M.P_PL

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (pywakett @ Oct 18 2007, 16:00)
now I assume you are going under the concept if you remove enough textures from the GTA3.img you will free up space to add larger sized vehicles. Yes that would work too, but why would you want to do that if you can just increase the memory limit by changing a simple number, and get to keep all the other stuff too. Just like in Vice city

hmmm i have last question what i s this section in the stream.ini(what change this sections):

memory 13500
devkit_memory 13500

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users