hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (orgcon @ Mar 29 2010, 18:15)
You say your unsure about the Streaming memory whether its a buffer or what, are you sure it does anything at all!?

About it being a buffer - I was indeed wrong. It is even more important: it's the memory location all IMG data is loaded too before/while being loaded into RenderWare's structures or other parts. I'd make it half the size of gta3.img if you really want to certainly have no issues.

I've had my Stream Mem set on everything from 1 - 10,000 MBs and I have seen no change ingame, I have the annoying problem of the buildings flickering (only at certain angles though).

Still, are you sure SALA is being loaded? To try to check if streaming memory fixes the problem, try changing the memory and devkit_memory values in stream.ini, and also see if the memory usage rises. Look at the bottom of this post for a debug version to ensure limits are being applied.

I assumed it could be a bad driver but updating/rolling back has no effect, I'm guessing this is obviously due to the LOD distance settings being anywhere over 300 units.

Do the LOD distance settings in SALA actually change things at runtime? I expected it to only change the IPL maximum.

(okay, it IS used... but it might conflict with lower .ide distances, I really don't trust this change!)

I thought I could compromise by upping the Stream mem but it has no effect on the flickering buildings? monocle.gif I have 4Gb of Ram and a 250Gb HDD So lack of available memory is not an issue. notify.gif

250 GB? Wow! tounge.gif Streaming memory should be the only thing applicable to this issue, others are more crash limits.

QUOTE (omega749)

Yes, but we've had cross purposes; the extra one I was talking about was 267 as both 265 and 266 work out just fine, 267 never seemed to work but I'll give it a go with this fix and see what happens.

Okay, some indexing issues might prevent it from working correctly, do other free IDs work? I've looked a bit into SALA's ped model code, and it's a bit odd... Also, the default peds.ide defines 276 peds, the default limit is 278 peds... so that means the limit is still not adjusted. smile.gif Do other limits actually work with your configuration?

EDIT: Tested but to no avail, looks as though I'll have to make do with just two extra peds; unless of course I've misunderstood...

It's like the limit is not adjusted. Look at the bottom of this post for a debug version to ensure limits are being applied.

I wonder how many people have car and ped megamods and AREN'T having our issues and are, as the old song says: "running down a dream"?

People who don't have ENB, for example. smile.gif (though I can't vouch for the ped models limit actually working, I only ever added 1 ped biggrin.gif )

so I'm at a loss as to what's going on here and I'm wondering if SALA is connected in any way and that's why I'm posting this portion here.

Nope, it's likely just a ton of script incompatibility and bugs. smile.gif

QUOTE (ddnt32)

I didn't tested it in clean game, but, even without ENB Series and Project Oblivion, with only the SRT3 installed, this problem happens, but it's not so much visible, because the original shadows of the game are weaker.

I still don't think it is that easily fixable then. Also, the shadow algorithm in SA is very expensive to use, even a GPU that'd eat more modern algorithms like pancakes would have issues if all objects would have shadow meshes for 600 meters. wink.gif

omega749 and orgcon: get the debug version at http://files.dotbas.net/sala-dbg.zip and post your sala.log here. if there's no sala.log, then that's your issue

Function-X-
  • Function-X-

Negativity Replenish

• Members

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:13 PM

For some reason errordump.txt is empty even if theres an error, so i toke a screenshot
user posted image
i replaced cargrp.dat with the default one and tryed again, i still get the same error

But !
if i start the game with the SALA Alpha8 d3d9.ASI , the game starts normally and everything is okay
Heres is the log file
CODE

[Tue Mar 30 14:59:26 2010.] Starting SA Limit Adjuster...
[Tue Mar 30 14:59:26 2010.] Buildings: 15000
[Tue Mar 30 14:59:26 2010.] IPL Files: 1024
[Tue Mar 30 14:59:26 2010.] ColModels: 10550
[Tue Mar 30 14:59:26 2010.] Collision Files: 288
[Tue Mar 30 14:59:26 2010.] Polygons: 840000
[Tue Mar 30 14:59:26 2010.] Objects: 550
[Tue Mar 30 14:59:26 2010.] Streaming Memory: 900
[Tue Mar 30 14:59:26 2010.] IDEs: 15000
[Tue Mar 30 14:59:26 2010.] Car Mods: 5000
[Tue Mar 30 14:59:26 2010.] SCM Block: 200000

i have 2GB ram's so i'm not sure about the streaming memory. is it good like this or too much ?
i mostly feel it doesn't change anything, or maybe i don't feel it cause the stream memory fix asi ?

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:18 PM Edited by NTAuthority, 30 March 2010 - 01:23 PM.

QUOTE (Function-X- @ Mar 30 2010, 14:13)
For some reason errordump.txt is empty even if theres an error, so i toke a screenshot
user posted image

CODE

[Tue Mar 30 14:59:26 2010.] SCM Block: 200000

The 'SCM Block' setting will crash the game when applied (as stated in salimits.ini, it says 'crashing limits'), and this crash is exactly where the game loads the SCM block. It was never applied (like the stream memory) since you used it as ASI. Just remove it from salimits.ini. As you might also be able to see, that sala.log was from the d3d9.dll launch. wink.gif

i have 2GB ram's so i'm not sure about the streaming memory. is it good like this or too much ?
i mostly feel it doesn't change anything, or maybe i don't feel it cause the stream memory fix asi ?

Well, 2GB is usually enough for way more memory-demanding games -- I'd set it to 500 MB by the way. You also won't need the stream memory fix anymore.

Function-X-
  • Function-X-

Negativity Replenish

• Members

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:33 PM

Ok everything works now tounge.gif no ASI's
game starts, but i feel some performance lose
Random error when game exits
CODE

Version: US 1.0

Last File Loaded: gta_sa.set

Last Library Loaded: user32.dll

Error: Unknown

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x007C4781

Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)

Registers:

EAX: 0x000000A4 EBX: 0x00000000

ECX: 0x000000A4 EDX: 0xFFF1F3F4

ESI: 0x043C0B94 EDI: 0xFFF1F3F4

EBP: 0xFFF1F498 ESP: 0x0022FDB4

CODE

[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] Starting SA Limit Adjuster...
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] Buildings: 15000
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] IPL Files: 1024
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] ColModels: 10550
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] Collision Files: 288
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] Polygons: 840000
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] Objects: 550
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] Streaming Memory: 900
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] IDEs: 15000
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] Car Mods: 5000

Is there anymore stuff you can change to get a small performance boost ? i think all the lag is affected by the size of gta3.img
Also i think many stuff have distance limits like the shadows
the cars headlights and the street lamps, and the vegetation...

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (Function-X- @ Mar 30 2010, 14:33)
game starts, but i feel some performance lose

Lower some values, I think your RAM is full.

Random error when game exits

Nothing too bad, random errors on exit can be expected when hacking around a lot. smile.gif

CODE

[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] Starting SA Limit Adjuster...
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] Buildings: 15000
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] IPL Files: 1024
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] ColModels: 10550
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] Collision Files: 288
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] Polygons: 840000
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] Objects: 550
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] Streaming Memory: 900
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] IDEs: 15000
[Tue Mar 30 15:20:04 2010.] Car Mods: 5000

IDEs, CarMods, Buildings, ColModels, Collision Files and Objects shouldn't need to be edited unless you crash. Your Polygons is also very large, change it to something way lower like 50000 or so. Also, lower streaming memory to 500 MB or so. smile.gif

Is there anymore stuff you can change to get a small performance boost ? i think all the lag is affected by the size of gta3.img

I told you above. smile.gif

Also i think many stuff have distance limits like the shadows
the cars headlights and the street lamps, and the vegetation...

Could be. The LOD distance also affects other distances, but there may be more. I'll possibly make it an item on my to-do list to figure out more of these limits... I'm annoyed by the dynamic grass's distance, for instance. smile.gif

omega749
  • omega749

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:38 AM Edited by omega749, 01 April 2010 - 05:03 AM.

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Mar 30 2010, 08:15)
Okay, some indexing issues might prevent it from working correctly, do other free IDs work? I've looked a bit into SALA's ped model code, and it's a bit odd... Also, the default peds.ide defines 276 peds, the default limit is 278 peds... so that means the limit is still not adjusted. smile.gif Do other limits actually work with your configuration?

It's like the limit is not adjusted. Look at the bottom of this post for a debug version to ensure limits are being applied.

People who don't have ENB, for example. smile.gif (though I can't vouch for the ped models limit actually working, I only ever added 1 ped biggrin.gif )

Nope, it's likely just a ton of script incompatibility and bugs. smile.gif

omega749 and orgcon: get the debug version at http://files.dotbas.net/sala-dbg.zip and post your sala.log here. if there's no sala.log, then that's your issue

No, I've tried other limits and they don't work; seems like only two extra peds max is the way to go, but I'll try your debugger and see what happens with a 286 ped limit and a 267 value.

EDIT: As I thought, it didn't work; your lastest d3d9 was applied but still no change, for what it's worth here's the readout.

CODE
GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:

GTA Info:

Last File Loaded: DATA\PEDS.IDE

Last Library Loaded:

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x004C67BB

Registers:

EAX: 0x00000000 EBX: 0x0000008B

ECX: 0x00B4C2D4 EDX: 0x0023FAC4

ESI: 0x00B4C2D4 EDI: 0x00000008

EBP: 0xFFFFFFFF ESP: 0x0023FAE0

I don't have either of those mods, I'd never even heard of them until you mentioned them(haven't got many GTA games, was working towards them you see); I installed custom cars of my choice(high polygon count, so what should I set that to?) and I've replaced the custom ped models with the original ones to see if that helped streaming

My screen resolution is 1680x1050x32, shouldn't be a problem? It improved detail but shouldn't induce this flickering, should it?

Hmmm, then what can I do about these bugs and incompatability? If modders pooled their resources properly it might work, I thought CLEO was there to allow for this sort of thing anyway. I think the mistake was saving with the mission skipper activated...

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (omega749 @ Apr 1 2010, 05:38)
No, I've tried other limits and they don't work; seems like only two extra peds max is the way to go, but I'll try your debugger and see what happens with a 286 ped limit and a 267 value.

EDIT: As I thought, it didn't work; your lastest d3d9 was applied but still no change, for what it's worth here's the readout.

Same as always. You did not get a sala.log file out from the debug version? Are you sure you're using my new SALA version directly as d3d9.dll (not as ASI or whatever) and you're using a standard 1.0 EXE (HOODLUM crack is preferred)? Also, I'm sorry - the Peds setting is for the CPed pool, while PedModels is for the pedestian model pool. sad.gif

I don't have either of those mods, I'd never even heard of them until you mentioned them(haven't got many GTA games, was working towards them you see); I installed custom cars of my choice(high polygon count, so what should I set that to?) and I've replaced the custom ped models with the original ones to see if that helped streaming

What modifications do you mean? Also, the 'polygon' limit does not impair streaming, it only helps fix crashes. It's really just the streaming memory you should increase. As I said before, if you have the RAM, make it 25% or so of gta3.img's size. But that won't help since your SALA is broken...

My screen resolution is 1680x1050x32, shouldn't be a problem? It improved detail but shouldn't induce this flickering, should it?

Nope, screen resolution has nothing to do with streaming memory.

Hmmm, then what can I do about these bugs and incompatability? If modders pooled their resources properly it might work, I thought CLEO was there to allow for this sort of thing anyway. I think the mistake was saving with the mission skipper activated...

Not much. Many scripts are made to be compatible and non-conflicting, though some scripters do use calls and conflicting global variables. Even worse, some scripts use compatible global variables, but only for the original main.scm file. If you're just playing around with free roam and such, why don't you try switching to original scripts, a downloaded save game, and do the rest exclusively with CLEOs?

omega749
  • omega749

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

sala.log? The text file that tells you when it was last loaded? That seems to work fine...

I'm using a crack, and how would I be loading it from asi? Also, I've got Xmen's sala executable which edits some points of salimits.ini so is that a problem?

Ah, so change the Peds=140 value?

ENB Series and Project Oblivion, I'd know if I downloaded them are any part thereof and I haven't; what makes you think my sala is broken, and how can I fix that?

Because this mission skipper's the bee's knees, my mistake with that was saving with it activated but since I'm being careful that way things are better(both mission skipper and cleo trainer work well now).

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (omega749 @ Apr 1 2010, 16:05)
sala.log? The text file that tells you when it was last loaded? That seems to work fine...

With my debug version, it should also show the specific limits applied...

I'm using a crack, and how would I be loading it from asi? Also, I've got Xmen's sala executable which edits some points of salimits.ini so is that a problem?

No, it wouldn't. (xmen. blgh. now call this even more 'childish' if you see this.) Also, if you don't know about loading as ASI, you aren't...

Ah, so change the Peds=140 value?

No, I'm just saying that I was wrong earlier about Peds being the value, you need to change PedModels.

ENB Series and Project Oblivion, I'd know if I downloaded them are any part thereof and I haven't; what makes you think my sala is broken, and how can I fix that?

Okay. And how I think it's broken, well, because it didn't apply any limits, and as said above sala.log doesn't contain any limit lines. Next attempt: post your salimits.ini here. It's usually some stupid mistake. tounge.gif

Because this mission skipper's the bee's knees, my mistake with that was saving with it activated but since I'm being careful that way things are better(both mission skipper and cleo trainer work well now).

smile.gif

omega749
  • omega749

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Apr 1 2010, 16:22)
With my debug version, it should also show the specific limits applied...

No, it wouldn't. (xmen. blgh. now call this even more 'childish' if you see this.) Also, if you don't know about loading as ASI, you aren't...

No, I'm just saying that I was wrong earlier about Peds being the value, you need to change PedModels.

Okay. And how I think it's broken, well, because it didn't apply any limits, and as said above sala.log doesn't contain any limit lines. Next attempt: post your salimits.ini here. It's usually some stupid mistake. tounge.gif

smile.gif

It doesn't show them, actually.

I'll have you know I don't care to have my level of intelligence or state of mind brought into question...
I've never read any tutorials(not fully, anyway) so I've picked most of what I do know on the job, so to speak.
I try not to get heavily technically involved unless it's called for, seeing as I'm not that into IT.
I do have asi loader for the up/down lights mod(which I really wanted so I use so naturally I installed asi loader), seeing as it says it takes over from the d3d9.dll variant I can see why it would be confused(having two options to load with and not knowing which one to choose).
Do you think, from this, that I should flush my asi components down the gardrobe and reinstate the original vorbisFile.dll?

Which is what I did originally, so it looks like I'm stuck with just two extra peds.

We all make mistakes...

Glad you're happy about that, there will be bugs of course; I'm used to that with all GTA games, would be nice to eliminate/fix as many as possible naturally, but not as obsessively as some final solution to the bug question because it's not a realistic aim.

I don't know how to edit .dlls but I've wondered how people do yet have never gotten around to making enquiries, got some program or other for it?

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (omega749 @ Apr 2 2010, 05:46)
It doesn't show them, actually.

Which is why I think some very tiny mistake was made, and you still didn't post your salimits.ini contents smile.gif

I'll have you know I don't care to have my level of intelligence or state of mind brought into question...
I've never read any tutorials(not fully, anyway) so I've picked most of what I do know on the job, so to speak.
I try not to get heavily technically involved unless it's called for, seeing as I'm not that into IT.

The first part, I never did so. The second and third, I expect, and that's why I'm trying to get you to post salimits.ini, I thought of only one thing possible 3 posts ago. People make even more stupid mistakes, I once told someone 'you need to replace vorbisFile.dll, did you do so' when one of my mods didn't work, and indeed -- they just forgot. tounge.gif

I do have asi loader for the up/down lights mod(which I really wanted so I use so naturally I installed asi loader), seeing as it says it takes over from the d3d9.dll variant I can see why it would be confused(having two options to load with and not knowing which one to choose).
Do you think, from this, that I should flush my asi components down the gardrobe and reinstate the original vorbisFile.dll?

No, the issue should only occur when you use SALA's d3d9.dll as ASI, which some people seem to do when they have 2 mods that need to be used as d3d9.dll. (my SALA makes up for that by allowing you to rename the second mod to d3d9_r.dll)

Usually the ASI modifications do not 'take over' d3d9.dll, they might combine with it, but I've never seen them fully replace it.

Which is what I did originally, so it looks like I'm stuck with just two extra peds.

As long as sala.log does not show the PedModels setting, you're not stuck yet. smile.gif Just show your salimits.ini and I can perhaps figure it out tounge.gif

We all make mistakes...

And that's why you should post salimits.ini. tounge.gif

Glad you're happy about that, there will be bugs of course; I'm used to that with all GTA games, would be nice to eliminate/fix as many as possible naturally, but not as obsessively as some final solution to the bug question because it's not a realistic aim.

Oh well, CLEO's at least better than having to make a new save game each time you add a modification, even though there are compatibility bugs. smile.gif

I don't know how to edit .dlls but I've wondered how people do yet have never gotten around to making enquiries, got some program or other for it?

If you don't know, don't try. Really. tounge.gif It's that complicated.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:12 AM

So NTAuthority I see you take control from all of this.
And I need to read so pages back to manage to get my answer, but I don't have time much.
So I gona ask you. Did you manage or someone around here to make SALA to not crash so often ? still crashes ?

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Apr 2 2010, 08:12)
So I gona ask you. Did you manage or someone around here to make SALA to not crash so often ? still crashes ?

I've never had any crashes from SALA, so I can't fix them. sad.gif Many of the crashes in this topic are actually done by the users themselves, either by not editing a limit or breaking something else.

omega749
  • omega749

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:59 AM Edited by omega749, 03 April 2010 - 05:51 AM.

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Apr 2 2010, 07:01)
Which is why I think some very tiny mistake was made, and you still didn't post your salimits.ini contents smile.gif

The first part, I never did so. The second and third, I expect, and that's why I'm trying to get you to post salimits.ini, I thought of only one thing possible 3 posts ago. People make even more stupid mistakes, I once told someone 'you need to replace vorbisFile.dll, did you do so' when one of my mods didn't work, and indeed -- they just forgot. tounge.gif

No, the issue should only occur when you use SALA's d3d9.dll as ASI, which some people seem to do when they have 2 mods that need to be used as d3d9.dll. (my SALA makes up for that by allowing you to rename the second mod to d3d9_r.dll)

Usually the ASI modifications do not 'take over' d3d9.dll, they might combine with it, but I've never seen them fully replace it.

As long as sala.log does not show the PedModels setting, you're not stuck yet. smile.gif Just show your salimits.ini and I can perhaps figure it out tounge.gif

And that's why you should post salimits.ini. tounge.gif

Oh well, CLEO's at least better than having to make a new save game each time you add a modification, even though there are compatibility bugs. smile.gif

If you don't know, don't try. Really. tounge.gif It's that complicated.

Here:

CODE
# SA Limit Adjuster
# Filename: salimit.ini
# Made By: Sacky

# HOW TO USE:
# To Activate a Limit Simply Remove the # at the start of it
# To Deactivate Insert a # at the start of a limit

[DYNAMIC LIMITS]

; The Number of IPL Instances allowed in the game (inst)
#Buildings=52000
; NOTE: Increase to increase IPL Limit
#Dummys=10000
#PtrNode Doubles=3200
#IPL Files=256
; The number of jumps allowed in the game
#Stunt Jumps=256
; The number of Collision Models that can be load (NOTE: Increase if you want to increase the IDE Limit)
#ColModels=10150
#Collision Files=255
#QuadTreeNodes=400
#QuadTreeNodes2=40
#MatDataPool=4096
#AtmDataPool=1024
; The number of vehicles that can be created via an SCM script
#Vehicles=110
; The number of Vehicle Models that can be loaded via SCM at any one time
#Vehicle Structs=50
; The number of Peds that can be created via SCM Scripts
#Peds=140
; The maximum number of Polygons that a model can have (Increase this to also increase IMG Limit)
#Polygons=80000
#PtrNode Singles=70000
; Number of pickupable items you can create via SCM Scripts
#EntryInfoNodes=500
; The Number of Dynamic Objects creatable
#Objects=1400
#Tasks=500
#Events=200
#Point Routes=64
#Patrol Routes=32
#Node Routes=64
#Task Allocators=16
#Ped Attractors=64
; Maximum number of Enex's able to be defined in IPL's
#Entry Exits=400
; Streaming Memory (in MB's)
#Streaming Memory=400
; How many vehicles are constantly streamed (not MB's, vehicles)
#Streaming Vehicles=176
; IMG Header Allocation
#IMG Headers=5000
[STATIC LIMITS]
; Limits that have a fixed allocation in the executable, also note that the Flight Height limit is automatically circumvented
; The number of different types of models you are allowed
#Timed Objects=227
#Vehicle Models=212
#Ped Models=278
#IDEs=28000
#CarMods=140
; The maximum number of Water Planes available
#Water Planes=1021
; The Max number of Colours defined in carcols.daat
#CarCols=128
; SCM Related Limits
#Current Mission=138000
#SCM Locals=2048
#SCM Threads=192
; The Number of Weapon Names you have defined in saweapons.txt, increase to add limits
#Weapon IDs=47
#Aiming Offsets=21
#Weapon Objects=51
; The area defining the mapping bounds
#Map Bounds=12000.0
#LOD Distance=300.0
; Buggy Limits, alter at own risk
#Markers=350
#Garages=50
#Pickups=1240
#Players=8
; Crashing Limits
#SCM Block=400000
[FILES]
; Here you can detour files that GTA Loads (some require paths relative to the GTA Directory)
gta_sa.set=gta_sa.set
[MODULES]
; Here you can detour librarys that GTA Loads
user32.dll=user32.dll
[COLOURS]
; Colours are in hexidecimal RGBA Format (google)
#Health Bar=B4191DFF
#Money Font=36682CFF
#White=000000FF
#Title Menu=ACCBF1FF
#Title Menu Border=000000FF
#Wanted Level=906210FF
#Radio Station=969696FF
[MODELS]
# Models the game uses internally
; New models need to be loaded via the SCM before use
#CopCar 1=599
#CopCar 2=596
#CopCar 3=597
#CopCar 4=598
#CopCar 5=523
#CopPed 1=283
#CopPed 2=280
#CopPed 3=281
#CopPed 4=282
#CopPed 5=284
#Ambulance 1=416
#Ambulance 2=416
#Ambulance 3=416
#Medic 1=274
#Medic 2=276
#Medic 3=275
#Firetruck 1=407
#Firetruck 2=407
#Firetruck 3=407
#Fireman 1=277
#Fireman 2=279
#Fireman 3=278
#TaxiDriver 1=262
#TaxiDriver 2=261
#TaxiDriver 3=220
#TaxiDriver 4=234
#TaxiDriver 5=182
#TaxiDriver 6=206
#Enforcer Replacement=427
#SWAT Ped Replacement=285
#FBI Rancher Replacement=427
#FBI Ped Replacement=286
#Rhino Replacement=432
#Barracks Replacement=433
#Army Ped Replacement=287
#Police Maverick Replacement=497
#SAN Maverick Replacement=488
#Police Weapon 1=3
#Police Weapon 2=22
#SWAT Weapon=28
#FBI Weapon=29
#Army Weapon=31
; Siren Positions
#Siren 1=0.6999999881
#Siren 2=-0.1000000015
#Siren 3=1.200000048
#Siren 4=-0.6999999881
#Siren 5=-0.400000006
#Siren 6=1.0
#Siren 7=0.5500000119
#Siren 8=1.100000024
#Siren 9=1.399999976
#Siren 10=-0.5500000119
#Siren 11=0.6000000238
#Siren 12=0.8999999762
#Siren 13=-0.6000000238
#Siren 14=3.200000048
#Siren 15=1.299999952
#Siren 16=-0.8999999762
#Siren 17=0.9499999881
#Siren 18=0.8500000238
#Siren 19=1.200000048
#Siren 20=0.5
[GRAPHICS]
; Change aspects of the games graphics
Ped Dynamic Shadows=1
Map Dynamic Shadows=1
License Plate Texture Filtering=1
Texture Filter 1=2
Texture Filter Min=3
Texture Filter Max=2
Shadow Wrapper 1=3
Shadow Wrapper 2=10
Diffuse Texture Wrap=1
Alpha Blend=6
Object/Vehicle Shadow Cull=4
Character Shadow Max Size=128
Character Shadow Min Size=64
Vehicle Vertex Alpha=1
Vehicle UV Ref Flags=17
Vehicle Texture Trans Flags=259
Vehicle Lighting=1.0
Stencil Shaded Opacity=6
[PERFORMANCE]
; Alter Functions that affect the games performance
Cloud Height=50.0
Vertgio=1
Speed Limiter=1
Heat Haze=1
[AI]
; Change AI Pools
Max AI Vehicles=85
Max AI Peds=25
[MISC]
Enable Ads=0
Window Name=GTA: San Andreas
Windowed=0
Debug=1
[CREDITS]
Made By=Sacky
Version=Alpha 9

Basically I'd like to know what I should change here to make everything that should work, work; like the cleo trainer and main.scm, because qite honestly I can't get my head around the technobabble consisting of the headings.

Well so long as you don't we're all good, well I reckon I must've missed your request for salimits.ini somewhere in your other explanations.

What do you mean "use SALA's d3d9.dll as ASI"(I'm assuming SALA doesn't really need CLEO or asi to load when recently added to a fresh SA installation), though I'll probably kick myself for the explanation being so simple.

Yes, well I'm not out of the woods as far as the CLEO Ultimate Trailer and custom main.scm mission skipper, so it looks as though I need some upper limits to change but I don't know what for fear of stuffing up big time.

Don't worry, I won't; are you certain you can't make something like the VC Limits Adjuster, I suppose it's not possible for SA given how different the two games work.
Because if the limits aren't working, what's caused salimits.ini to be disregarded?

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (omega749 @ Apr 3 2010, 05:59)
Here:

CODE

# To Activate a Limit Simply Remove the # at the start of it
# To Deactivate Insert a # at the start of a limit
[...]
#Ped Models=278

I knew it. smile.gif The words are a bit odd, it should say 'to activate the adjustment of a limit, remove the #'. That's the stupid mistake I expected for the last few posts. smile.gif Remove the #, increase the number, add 3 peds, and see how it doesn't crash.

Basically I'd like to know what I should change here to make everything that should work, work; like the cleo trainer and main.scm, because qite honestly I can't get my head around the technobabble consisting of the headings.

One hint: most more complex CLEO scripts are meant for the default main.scm. Some variables may have changed in others...

Well so long as you don't we're all good, well I reckon I must've missed your request for salimits.ini somewhere in your other explanations.

What do you mean "use SALA's d3d9.dll as ASI"(I'm assuming SALA doesn't really need CLEO or asi to load when recently added to a fresh SA installation), though I'll probably kick myself for the explanation being so simple.

No, using as ASI doesn't, and using it will not work. It's just that some people have given it as advice before. The answer is even simpler now you've posted your salimits.ini. smile.gif

Yes, well I'm not out of the woods as far as the CLEO Ultimate Trailer and custom main.scm mission skipper, so it looks as though I need some upper limits to change but I don't know what for fear of stuffing up big time.

Don't worry, I won't; are you certain you can't make something like the VC Limits Adjuster, I suppose it's not possible for SA given how different the two games work.
Because if the limits aren't working, what's caused salimits.ini to be disregarded?

The trainer stuff, well, I never tried using such stuff. I only know using a non-standard main.scm can mess things up as far as global variables go. An 'EXE-based' limit adjuster like VC's is surely possible, but this approach works better and is more dynamic. SA hasn't changed that much from VC. tounge.gif

What the issue was? I think the text was just unclear. smile.gif

omega749
  • omega749

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:53 PM Edited by omega749, 03 April 2010 - 06:59 PM.

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Apr 3 2010, 08:41)
I knew it. smile.gif The words are a bit odd, it should say 'to activate the adjustment of a limit, remove the #'. That's the stupid mistake I expected for the last few posts. smile.gif Remove the #, increase the number, add 3 peds, and see how it doesn't crash.

One hint: most more complex CLEO scripts are meant for the default main.scm. Some variables may have changed in others...

No, using as ASI doesn't, and using it will not work. It's just that some people have given it as advice before. The answer is even simpler now you've posted your salimits.ini. smile.gif

The trainer stuff, well, I never tried using such stuff. I only know using a non-standard main.scm can mess things up as far as global variables go. An 'EXE-based' limit adjuster like VC's is surely possible, but this approach works better and is more dynamic. SA hasn't changed that much from VC. tounge.gif

What the issue was? I think the text was just unclear. smile.gif

I'll give it a go, but I don't hold out much hope.

That says nothing, what values should I change/activate to get things running smoothly?

I'm still confused, like there's some block on me being able to comprehend what you're saying about asi. :S
All I can say is I'm in weigh over my head, story of my life; it would seem...

I suppose so, but I'd feel alot more at ease with an exe-based one.
Lol I suppose they are quite similar in many ways, both have more bugs than a place where insect repellant is banned. tounge.gif

I suppose so but like I said(at the risk of repeating myself), I wish I knew what all the other headers meant so I could do what needs to be done.

Which d3d9 am I to use, the latest one you directed me to(seeing as we seemed not to need all these fixes as you said the explanation was in the text)?

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (omega749 @ Apr 3 2010, 19:53)
I'll give it a go, but I don't hold out much hope.

That says nothing, what values should I change/activate to get things running smoothly?

Well, it should work. And, I'd usually start with adjusting the streaming memory. tounge.gif

I'm still confused, like there's some block on me being able to comprehend what you're saying about asi. :S
All I can say is I'm in weigh over my head, story of my life; it would seem...

Indeed, it's complicated.

I suppose so, but I'd feel alot more at ease with an exe-based one.
Lol I suppose they are quite similar in many ways, both have more bugs than a place where insect repellant is banned. tounge.gif

Didn't one actually exist? There are however some things that are impossible with an EXE adjuster, including PedModels. tounge.gif

I suppose so but like I said(at the risk of repeating myself), I wish I knew what all the other headers meant so I could do what needs to be done.

Which d3d9 am I to use, the latest one you directed me to(seeing as we seemed not to need all these fixes as you said the explanation was in the text)?

Most people don't know what they do, even Sacky only took them from the GTA decompiled code. tounge.gif I'd still recommend my version, but it doesn't really matter that much. Another thing my version is better at is if you ever want to combine it with another d3d9.dll, just rename it d3d9_r.dll then. smile.gif

omega749
  • omega749

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:34 AM

Yes, should do; I meant to make sure nothing's missing/been cut off, hence I asked about the other values.

Yes, but I meant one which edited and directly saved the games exe like vc has.

Your version of d3d9 being the last link you posted here?
Silly question probably...

Ah but if I renamed it, would I have to change anything for the _r addition to be recognised?

kevster192837465
  • kevster192837465

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:26 AM

i finally installed gta united correctly (or so i think) and the load process got to half and then the game shut down and displayed the following message on my screen

GTA Info:

Version: EU 1.0
Last File Loaded: MOD\LC2SA\LC2SA.IMG
Last Library Loaded:

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x015632B0
Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)

Registers:
EAX: 0x00000000 EBX: 0x00000000
ECX: 0xC9742400 EDX: 0x000000FF
ESI: 0x00000000 EDI: 0x0022F39C
EBP: 0x0000534E ESP: 0x0022F350

this is exactly what was in the message, no changes/ edits made by me. can someone explain this whatsthat.gif dontgetit.gif

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (omega749 @ Apr 4 2010, 07:34)
Yes, but I meant one which edited and directly saved the games exe like vc has.

I know, but it's quite hard to do it directly to the EXE for many of the odd values.

Your version of d3d9 being the last link you posted here?
Silly question probably...

Ah but if I renamed it, would I have to change anything for the _r addition to be recognised?

Yep. And, no, if you put my d3d9.dll as d3d9.dll it'll automatically switch to a d3d9_r.dll if you put it next to mine. smile.gif

QUOTE (kevster192837465)

i finally installed gta united correctly (or so i think) and the load process got to half and then the game shut down and displayed the following message on my screen

Ask the people in the GTA United topic. However, I remember this crash address as either being path-related or due to an odd GTA EXE file.

Function-X-
  • Function-X-

Negativity Replenish

• Members

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:22 AM

Hey, is there any particle effects limits that can be broken ?
max textures spawned for example ?

omega749
  • omega749

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:04 PM

I see, seems to be ok to work with anyway as a tool.

That's ok, I named the d3d9.dll from the speedo as a d3d9_r. smile.gif

Thanks for all your help, though I'm sure it won't be the last time I need it. tounge.gif

nanito13
  • nanito13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

help me please please please i downloaded san andreas alien city then i create a new model from sketchup (ferris wheel) i cant load the game it says error maybe the mod creator didnt allow more ipls or? i dont know help me pleasee

GTA Info:

Last File Loaded: DATA\MAPS\ferrisw\ferrisw.IPL

Last Library Loaded:

Error: ID Limit Breached

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x00534134

Registers:

EAX: 0x00000000 EBX: 0x00000001

ECX: 0x05480144 EDX: 0x07F00020

ESI: 0x07F00020 EDI: 0x00000000

EBP: 0x008E2CB0 ESP: 0x0022FCF4

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (nanito13 @ Apr 11 2010, 14:10)
help me please please please i downloaded san andreas alien city then i create a new model from sketchup (ferris wheel) i cant load the game it says error maybe the mod creator didnt allow more ipls or? i dont know help me pleasee

You've forgotten to add collisions for your custom model.

martin99
  • martin99

Ghost

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:14 PM

I've installed automan's statue of liberty and now I want to install mod cristo redentor map located in las venturas but my game crashes please someone helpme!!!! this is the error in sa limit adjuster please tell me what I have to do!!!

GTA Info:

Last File Loaded: DATA\MAPS\cristo\cristo.IPL

Last Library Loaded:

Error: ID Limit Breached

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x00534134

Registers:

EAX: 0x00000000 EBX: 0x00000009

ECX: 0x0C4E83C4 EDX: 0x0FCE0090

ESI: 0x0FCE0090 EDI: 0x00000000

EBP: 0x008E2CB0 ESP: 0x0022FCBC

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (martin99 @ Apr 11 2010, 21:14)
I've installed automan's statue of liberty and now I want to install mod cristo redentor map located in las venturas but my game crashes please someone helpme!!!! this is the error in sa limit adjuster please tell me what I have to do!!!

What a coincidence -- two collision errors next to each other. You either have broken collisions, or need to adjust the ColModels limit in salimits.ini.

someguy5
  • someguy5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:17 AM Edited by someguy5, 29 April 2010 - 09:20 AM.

The Rhino Replacement & Barracks Replacement lines don't work!

If their values are changed, the army no longer arrives at 6 stars.

orgcon
  • orgcon

Kree!

• Members

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:35 AM

It depends what you replaced them with!

For instance I delibratly replaced the police helicopter with the shamal so that they no longer spawned and shot at me when I had 3 stars or more!

So if you replaced them with boats, planes, helis or bikes then they wont spawn. I've replaced the rhino and the barracks with patriots in the past and they've spawned though.

someguy5
  • someguy5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:14 AM

I replaced the barracks (433) with the patriot (470)!
- the army no longer comes.

Welkin Gunther
  • Welkin Gunther

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:58 AM Edited by Welkin Gunther, 03 May 2010 - 04:01 AM.

Can anyone help me out? I get this error on the Third screen when the game is loading.

CODE

GTA Info:

Last File Loaded: \\?\HDAUDIO#FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_14627567&REV_1001#4&18B02892&0&0001#{6994AD04-93EF-11D0-A3Csetupapi.dll

Last Library Loaded: setupapi.dll

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x00745161

Registers:

EAX: 0x90909090 EBX: 0x00C8F768

ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0x90909090

ESI: 0x0018FDB8 EDI: 0x00B72A3C

EBP: 0x7577F9B0 ESP: 0x0018FC88

If I remove Logo.mpg from my Movie folders I get this instead.

CODE

GTA Info:

Last File Loaded: loadscs.txd

Last Library Loaded:

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x00745161

Registers:

EAX: 0x90909090 EBX: 0x00C8F768

ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0x90909090

ESI: 0x0018FDB8 EDI: 0x00B72A3C

EBP: 0x7577F9B0 ESP: 0x0018FC88

Only trying to get this to work so I can play with High quality textures without bad pop in.

I also already also tried to use Stream Fix Asi but my game refuses to load with that. (I start it and nothing happens, it doesn't even show up in Task Manager)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users