Photo

[REL|ALPHA] SA Limit Adjuster

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,125 replies to this topic
Sacky
  • Sacky

IV's Limit Adjuster

• Members

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:37 PM Edited by Sacky, 28 September 2007 - 05:04 AM.

The issue with flying vehicles is the Flight Height limit, comment it out for now, its already fixed for the next version. Also map bounds are a very tricky limit, because believe me I have tried, I might be making an external IPL Loader that loads map objects into dynamic memory (not restricted by bounds), but if I do I have told a mod team that I Initially developed this Limit Adjuster for I would give the rights to its first use.

EDIT: Actually I totally circumvented the Flight Height limit, there is no need to even enter a value now

FANGTA
  • FANGTA

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:50 AM

ok when i remake this line:
Flight Height=800.0
To this:
#Flight Height=800.0

Its work yet;)

Sacky
  • Sacky

IV's Limit Adjuster

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:28 AM

Update Alpha 3:

- Fixed Flight Height Limit, so that it ignores the limit, giving you an unlimited flight height
- Made PedIntelligence allocation read of Ped allocation
- Added a Window Name option under Misc
- Added a files section, where you can redirect any files that are loaded through the game to your files (such as handling.cfg), useful for mods that don't want to change any of GTA's original files
- Added a modules section, where you can redirect any modules that are loaded through the game to your dll's, for injecting code in alternate ways

Same download link as before

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:44 AM Edited by MasterK, 28 September 2007 - 11:00 AM.

Sacky, i really need to say, you are a genius! Nice work on this, and have a cookie: cookie.gif

Other than that, does the commented out "Weapon IDs=47" line mean that, you'll be able to set more weapon ids and add your own?

And i've seen there's a detouring function for dll librarys. Is there a way to make a "loader" where you could set which dlls to load [like when you have 2 d3d9.dlls and you want to use both of them... cant find the right word for it]

Sacky
  • Sacky

IV's Limit Adjuster

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:08 AM

Other than that, does the commented out "Weapon IDs=47" line mean that, you'll be able to set more weapon ids and add your own?

In SA there is a table of weapon names, and the game gets the ID based on that, what I'm trying to do is insert my own into the game, thats why above that limit it references to saweapons.txt, because that will be the file you can read off. I am trying to make it so you can add your own weapon names to the saweapon.txt, and that it will make GTA compatible with them, basically giving you more weapons to your arsenal smile.gif . It's not ready yet though, I am having some issues with it.

And i've seen there's a detouring function for dll librarys. Is there a way to make a "loader" where you could set which dlls to load [like when you have 2 d3d9.dlls and you want to use both of them... cant find the right word for it]

Should be possible to make a loader, I don't think it will be possible to make with other d3d9.dll's though, because they overwrite my DLL's exports. But yes I will be making a generic loader in the next release.

I've also got planned a menu.dat, where you can add/change/replace the menu structures from an easy dat smile.gif .

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:30 AM

Hah mate, the menu thingy sounds cool! And about the loader. I can remember when squiddy made a dll linker thingy which loaded other dlls, but it was for Vice City :S

And again.. keep it up!

Just a question: is there a way to modify the hud colours? it could be a cool option for your tool, since i've tried it with simple memory hacking bur it's only working when there's a trainer which alters the colors of it through the memory [i mean the health bar, money text color, armor bar, and other things].

And yeah, the same would be cool for menu text colors...Just a suggestion!

Sacky
  • Sacky

IV's Limit Adjuster

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:36 AM

Hah mate, the menu thingy sounds cool! And about the loader. I can remember when squiddy made a dll linker thingy which loaded other dlls, but it was for Vice City :S

Yeh I think that was made via a standard though, like he gave source code to make dll's compatible with it, maybe not I'll check it out later.

Just a question: is there a way to modify the hud colours? it could be a cool option for your tool, since i've tried it with simple memory hacking bur it's only working when there's a trainer which alters the colors of it through the memory [i mean the health bar, money text color, armor bar, and other things].

Should be easy to do, expect it in the next release

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:38 AM

Hmm, thanks for the fast reply!

About squiddy's tool, i can't remember.. maybe you are right, but it would still better than nothing.

And good luck again tounge.gif

FANGTA
  • FANGTA

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:17 PM

and sacky maybe you can tell when the next version of sa limit adjuster is developed??

Hollaz
  • Hollaz

Bleh.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:47 PM

Well, this tool is what every modder has crawled after.
And what's named before; Can the map size increase?
  • dkluin likes this

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2007 - 08:24 AM

Hollaz, read back a little. It's been said he didn't got it yet but he's working on it already.

Sacky
  • Sacky

IV's Limit Adjuster

• Members

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:02 AM

FANGTA: I try to release a new alpha every night, I still have development plans for this.

So far Colours are in and working well, and I just got the alternate weaponid table to load properly smile.gif (took me a while), so I'm just extending the weapon pool now, and should be ready for a release in a couple of hours.

silvermanblue
  • silvermanblue

Magnets=Miracles

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:31 AM

This may be key to a GTAsol SA conversion. Also does this mean that you could in theory increase the vehicle ids? So we can add cars and not have to replace ingame ones?

FANGTA
  • FANGTA

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (silvermanblue @ Sep 29 2007, 10:31)
This may be key to a GTAsol SA conversion. Also does this mean that you could in theory increase the vehicle ids? So we can add cars and not have to replace ingame ones?

yes

Sacky
  • Sacky

IV's Limit Adjuster

• Members

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:33 PM

Update Alpha 4:

- Added HUD Colour options, including Health Bar, Money Font, White Colour redefinition, Title Menu, Title Menu Borders, Wanted Level and Radio Station colour changing
- Added a Loader that loads other DLL's into SA (not other d3d9.dll's), simply put the dll names you want into saloader.ini
- Added a saweapon.txt that defines what weapon names resort to what weaponid (line = id), allowing you to add more potential weapon id's
- Added a new limit to adjust, weapon id's which will also just the Weapon Structures to allow more weapons

Same download as before

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:04 PM Edited by MasterK, 29 September 2007 - 04:18 PM.

Hmm, i've tried it out and it works ok. Just one bug i've noticed... Somehow the fire extinguisher isn't really working...

And sorry for being a pain in the /ss, but could you explain how to use the saweapons.txd properly?

FANGTA
  • FANGTA

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:20 PM

Hi.

I have one question.
When i using your sa limit adjuster and wont spawn a car with spawn car trainer, the trainer isn't work:(.

When i delete your sa limi adjuster from game the car spawner is work yet.

Maybe you can change this in the next version of sa limit adjuster(but the car spawner is easy way to test cars)

Wesser
  • Wesser

The complexity simplifier, the efficiency optimizer.

• Feroci
  • Unknown
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:44 PM Edited by Wesser, 29 September 2007 - 06:06 PM.

Hi,
QUOTE (Sacky @ Sep 29 2007, 16:33)
Update Alpha 4:

- Added HUD Colour options, including Health Bar, Money Font, White Colour redefinition, Title Menu, Title Menu Borders, Wanted Level and Radio Station colour changing
- Added a Loader that loads other DLL's into SA (not other d3d9.dll's), simply put the dll names you want into saloader.ini
- Added a saweapon.txt that defines what weapon names resort to what weaponid (line = id), allowing you to add more potential weapon id's
- Added a new limit to adjust, weapon id's which will also just the Weapon Structures to allow more weapons

Same download as before

You have done a very good work. Damn! I sought to change the components' color of the hud. Can you add the shade adjusts like the Gostown's .dll? Thanks best regards.

Bye Bye

user posted image

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:13 PM Edited by goin-god, 29 September 2007 - 06:30 PM.

I have to say i love this tool. biggrin.gif

Very good work Sacky icon14.gif

EDIT: It works perfectly icon14.gif
user posted imageChanged Money font color and the clock. biggrin.gif

Sacky
  • Sacky

IV's Limit Adjuster

• Members

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:19 PM

Hmm, i've tried it out and it works ok. Just one bug i've noticed... Somehow the fire extinguisher isn't really working...

Really confused.gif ? Works fine for me...

And sorry for being a pain in the /ss, but could you explain how to use the saweapons.txd properly?

In theory* to add an extra weapon, put the new weapon name into saweapons.txt, increase the WeaponID counter in salimits.ini by 1, then add a new weapons.dat line with your new weapon name.

Maybe you can change this in the next version of sa limit adjuster(but the car spawner is easy way to test cars)

I'm unaware of why it would prevent the car spawner from working confused.gif , does it crash? If so post the log, if not could you give me a link to it so I can test myself?

You have done a very good work. Damn! I sought to change the components' color of the hud. Can you add the shade adjusts like the Gostown's .dll? Thanks best regards.

Not sure about shade adjusts, i can try though.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:04 PM

I really enjoy this tool, it migth help me in my mod. Could you make it so you can move the hud? or delet something from the hud? (like the clock) that would be cool too icon14.gif

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Sacky
  • Sacky

IV's Limit Adjuster

• Members

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:09 PM

I really enjoy this tool, it migth help me in my mod. Could you make it so you can move the hud? or delet something from the hud? (like the clock) that would be cool too

Yeh I think I could do that, I know I can delete the clock and the money, so I'll add those options in now

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Sacky @ Sep 29 2007, 23:09)
I really enjoy this tool, it migth help me in my mod. Could you make it so you can move the hud? or delet something from the hud? (like the clock) that would be cool too

Yeh I think I could do that, I know I can delete the clock and the money, so I'll add those options in now

Thanks mate smile.gif icon14.gif

FANGTA
  • FANGTA

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:46 AM Edited by FANGTA, 30 September 2007 - 12:24 PM.

QUOTE (Sacky @ Sep 29 2007, 22:19)

I'm unaware of why it would prevent the car spawner from working confused.gif , does it crash? If so post the log, if not could you give me a link to it so I can test myself?

its not crash its running but i cant entry car id and click on the spawn button;/

its not crash the game.

i try to use San An Studios 3_3C but its not work yet;/

and in last i try to run the sa-mp debug but it not work.

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:05 PM

f*ck... I love you man... I love you! I will test many of the objects limit we reached with gostown (dynamic objects etc)

You're the best... you should got the golden starts right now!

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Feroci
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:05 PM

This deserve all the f*cking karma possible on this forum, take it from inactive modders and gang members, you deserve it..

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:08 PM

@FUNGTA: have you changed the GTA: San Andreas window title? If yes, then that's the reason why the car spawner isn't functioning correctly.

FANGTA
  • FANGTA

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Sep 30 2007, 17:08)
@FUNGTA: have you changed the GTA: San Andreas window title? If yes, then that's the reason why the car spawner isn't functioning correctly.

yes. i try to not change and try to spawn cars;)

and answer.

When that a this bug maybe the sucky can make the spawn tool with .ini file when i can change the window title where the car spawner is look;)

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:42 PM

It's because the trainer is looking for the game's window title to get the handle of it's memory... It works like any other trainer. Try an other one, and see it yourself. It isn't going to work with the changed window title at all!

Other than that. I thought i need to define an id for the new weapon in the default.ide file. Hmm, i'm going to try this feature out again! Thanks for the info

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Sep 30 2007, 20:42)
It's because the trainer is looking for the game's window title to get the handle of it's memory... It works like any other trainer. Try an other one, and see it yourself. It isn't going to work with the changed window title at all!

Other than that. I thought i need to define an id for the new weapon in the default.ide file. Hmm, i'm going to try this feature out again! Thanks for the info

I thougth the trainer looks for the gta_sa.exe if its running. But what you say have sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users