» «
Photo

[REL][BETA]APE 1.1

40 replies to this topic
Aschratt
  • Aschratt

Three Headed Monkey

• Members

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:00 AM Edited by Aschratt, 06 October 2011 - 08:01 PM.

APE 1.1 Public Beta

It is done! After more than half a year codework I got the tool overhauled completely. Means: I changed nearly anything. The complete codestructure is now faster and safetier. 99 % of the bugs are removed and at least you can create car path without problems now. At least there is an basic tutorial.
However there was a beta stage which was better than the last time, but I think there are still some bugs. Thats why it is just the public beta. It would be nice if you are going to test my tool and post the bugs (if you can find some) here...

What's new?

- Symbolborder
- Run Game Function
- 3D OpenGL NodesViewer
- New Menuinterface
- New Functions in the "Edit" MenuStrip
- Connect-Function
- Options Dialog
- Better MemHack
- New Flag Editing System
- Language System (Standart: German & Englisch)
- New FileManagementSystem
- Much more...

I also will continue the coding at APE.Max, but atm my Max won't start. However, now, after I got my line-algorhytm ready it would be much easier for me...

Have fun!

--------------------

> DOWNLOAD <

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 September 2007 - 01:35 PM Edited by aad, 29 September 2007 - 01:04 PM.

Awesome work, i will try it out . hope you get your max version done soon, and im also hoping that the traffic light stuff will be made easier.

donvito
  • donvito

thrash till death

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:28 PM

sry for bumping older thread, but it's just awesome

everyone should try it out^^

for that you will get a cookie.gif

Sacky
  • Sacky

IV's Limit Adjuster

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:58 PM

Can you reupload this?

Aschratt
  • Aschratt

Three Headed Monkey

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:09 PM

Sorry, Link's changed with my new homepage... use this: http://www.aschratt....w.php?file=1000

by_manyax
  • by_manyax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:50 PM

ape tutorisl please

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:53 PM

its included in download file smile.gif

by_manyax
  • by_manyax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:33 AM

am bad for speak english

am english not read :S

your picture tutorial to make

please please
(xman)

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (by_manyax @ Jun 10 2008, 12:03)
am bad for speak english

please please
(xman)

i never use that tool, you should ask Aschratt bored.gif

by_manyax
  • by_manyax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (xmen @ Jun 10 2008, 07:37)
QUOTE (by_manyax @ Jun 10 2008, 12:03)
am bad  for speak  english

please please
(xman)

i never use that tool, you should ask Aschratt bored.gif

OK
thank you

files02116
  • files02116

The Running mate

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:44 PM

I've started to SA's Path
your tool it works!
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif
Thanks. icon14.gif

can you release a next version w/ visualize adding paths (like in map editor) that could be easier for the beginners cool.gif biggrin.gif

Areppon
  • Areppon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:38 PM

Can you make a tutorial please? The pictorial is woefully inefficient.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:23 AM

it would be nice indeed to have a somekind of editor moomapper had, altough i think 3dsmax will do for doing that,

then again placing the traffic lights is still a pain in the ass, how do you know which direction they need to be putted, if you choose the north direction of the game and then put a traffic light at north , south it still wont work or it works just wrong.

So a nice traffic light visualisating tool would be handy so you can just say add traffic light on the map, cause the ones i create in 3dsmax just wont work properly or wont work at all.

Areppon
  • Areppon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

How do I use this tool to edit traffic light behaviour on existing paths? for example if I want to make the intersection by CJ's house (the first one you hit when you drive out of the culdesac) from a 2-way signal to a 4-way signal, how do I do it? I located the coords for the intersection, but when I make changes to the flags (like ticking both N/S and E/W boxes), it either ignores the changes or changes from which direction the second way faces, e.g. it goes from being for cars traveling in north and south directions, it'll change to cars traveling in north and west directions having the green light at the same time. but cars traveling southbound (cars don't approach the intersection eastbound) no longer have a lights.
I've also made new paths on blank maps and assigning a traffic light to a particular node will in fact make the cars stop either a half a block away or just after rounding the corner.

So what am I doing wrong? confused.gif help...

by_manyax
  • by_manyax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:40 PM

trafic light + Tracks right / left active ? :S
sad.gif

user posted image

active ??

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (by_manyax @ Aug 9 2008, 21:40)
sad.gif

user posted image

active ??

looking at your picture brings me to the point i was @ too.

the direction and the stuff thats flagged on is right, but the traffic lights are a different case you might done it right but it does need an other flag to be set.

go to navi _ nodes and search for trafic light if im right it will be turned on there, the flag on your screenshot is only showing the direction the paths are going too, an that there is a traffic light set but the real flags are navi nodes.

good luck on finding it all out , its still a mashup of flags etc, i havent got much traffic lights working and its hard to figure it out all.

bye

Areppon
  • Areppon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (aad @ Aug 16 2008, 23:03)
sad.gif

user posted image

active ??

the direction and the stuff thats flagged on is right, but the traffic lights are a different case you might done it right but it does need an other flag to be set.

go to navi _ nodes and search for trafic light if im right it will be turned on there, the flag on your screenshot is only showing the direction the paths are going too, an that there is a traffic light set but the real flags are navi nodes.

good luck on finding it all out , its still a mashup of flags etc, i havent got much traffic lights working and its hard to figure it out all.

bye

Yes you are right, it's part of the navi-nodes as well. in the vehicles tab if you change the lights setting, it'll just go back to the way it was. I've noticed that when adding traffic lights function to a node on a new path, the effect is in a totally different location than the node you actually affected, for example like a half a block away, or the cars don't stop till after they cross the intersection, in effect blocking the intersection. I'll get some screen shots a little bit later.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Areppon @ Aug 19 2008, 17:24)
QUOTE (aad @ Aug 16 2008, 23:03)
sad.gif

user posted image

active ??

bye

Yes you are right, it's part of the navi-nodes as well. in the vehicles tab if you change the lights setting, it'll just go back to the way it was. I've noticed that when adding traffic lights function to a node on a new path, the effect is in a totally different location than the node you actually affected, for example like a half a block away, or the cars don't stop till after they cross the intersection, in effect blocking the intersection. I'll get some screen shots a little bit later.

I tried adding some traffic lights to some of my own custom paths for a map mod ( MYRIAD ISLANDS) but setting the directions like north > south or east > west just dont seem to work, cars keep crossing the intersections, or stop for the wrong traffic light, it would be nice if it can be made easy with a visual editor which shows the traffic lights directions,

i know 3dsmax is a good tool which i use to make all my paths but setting the traffic lights and making them to work properly is still a pain in the ass, they do are important for the gameplay,

so please mr Arschratt go develop further on the max script.

thanx in advance.

Areppon
  • Areppon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (aad @ Aug 20 2008, 21:04)
I tried adding some traffic lights to some of my own custom paths for a map mod ( MYRIAD ISLANDS) but setting the directions like north > south or east > west just dont seem to work, cars keep crossing the intersections, or stop for the wrong traffic light, it would be nice if it can be made easy with a visual editor which shows the traffic lights directions,

i know 3dsmax is a good tool which i use to make all my paths but setting the traffic lights and making them to work properly is still a pain in the ass, they do are important for the gameplay,

so please mr Arschratt go develop further on the max script.

thanx in advance.

Yeah about that... I don't think he's around anymore. I sent him a mail a few weeks ago but I haven't heard back from him. it sucks too because otherwise it's a really great tool.

Speaking of the max script, will it work in g-max? I can't afford 3dsmax but i've got g-max. The instructions are for 3ds-max so some of the options or buttons aren't there or maybe just have a different name. is there a tut somewhere that will explain from the bias of gmax?

Aschratt
  • Aschratt

Three Headed Monkey

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Areppon @ Aug 22 2008, 09:11)
QUOTE (aad @ Aug 20 2008, 21:04)
I tried adding some traffic lights to some of my own custom paths for a map mod ( MYRIAD ISLANDS)  but setting the directions like north > south or east > west just dont seem to work, cars keep crossing the intersections, or stop for the wrong traffic light, it would be nice if it can be made easy with a visual editor which shows the traffic lights directions,

i know 3dsmax is a good tool which i use to make all my paths but setting the traffic lights and making them to  work properly is still a pain in the ass, they do are important for the gameplay,

so please mr Aschratt go develop further on the max script.

thanx in advance.

Yeah about that... I don't think he's around anymore. I sent him a mail a few weeks ago but I haven't heard back from him. it sucks too because otherwise it's a really great tool.

Speaking of the max script, will it work in g-max? I can't afford 3dsmax but i've got g-max. The instructions are for 3ds-max so some of the options or buttons aren't there or maybe just have a different name. is there a tut somewhere that will explain from the bias of gmax?

I have not recieved any mail from you!
But you are right, I am not developing this version of APE any more. But I have not been lazy. I tried much with optimizing the code for the tool, but as you should have recognized the NodesViewer is too slow to get any visual edit in there. Also it is not possible to make the loading realy faster using C#. The garbage collector slows everything down.
I have already searched for alternatives and I found one. I've been coding a completely new paths libary in C++, which is 100 times faster than the one I've written in C#. However I can't realy tell you more about this at the moment. It is just the libary and no tool around. Also I am very stressed with real life, so I have not found much time yet, but I will update you if there are any news.

Areppon
  • Areppon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (Aschratt @ Aug 23 2008, 10:19)
I have not recieved any mail from you!
But you are right, I am not developing this version of APE any more. But I have not been lazy. I tried much with optimizing the code for the tool, but as you should have recognized the NodesViewer is too slow to get any visual edit in there. Also it is not possible to make the loading realy faster using C#. The garbage collector slows everything down.
I have already searched for alternatives and I found one. I've been coding a completely new paths libary in C++, which is 100 times faster than the one I've written in C#. However I can't realy tell you more about this at the moment. It is just the libary and no tool around. Also I am very stressed with real life, so I have not found much time yet, but I will update you if there are any news.

Ah! sorry about the bad press then, I think my problem may have been using the internal messaging system here...
Do you have some advice for those of us who are using 1.1 to get better control out of the traffic lights? I had at one point downloaded Alien City (which was fraking fenominal!..hope to see more!!) and I did notice you had successfully set traffic light rules in some areas of the city. So just wondering how you did it. it'll at least get us by until you finish the new thing you're working on now.
other than that, I/we all eagerly wait the next marvel you create!

goodmakers
  • goodmakers

TI FAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

Can someone make a tut for using this program :?

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:12 PM

There was an Adobe tut inside the file download.

hristobg
  • hristobg

IV Map Modder, Scholarship Edition Project Leader

• Members

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:03 PM

Sorry for bumped an old topic, but the links are dead! I can't find APE anywhere! .. confused.gif

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

This would be very useful for GTA IV, i hope Aschratt realizes this.

kal-el5676
  • kal-el5676

Zombie Killa

• Members

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

Yeah, anyone got a new link?

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (kal-el5676 @ Sep 12 2010, 16:10)
Yeah, anyone got a new link?

mirror

kal-el5676
  • kal-el5676

Zombie Killa

• Members

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

Thanks zaz, but it says file temporarily unavailable. tounge.gif

Edit: the link in the cleo script tut worked. weird.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Sonny Red @ Oct 29 2010, 03:46)

i read the tutorial but the "Open" button in this tool doesnt work for me! wow.gif
user posted image
so i cant open any of the 64 nodes.
also, does anybody know what the hell is "row-major order"? biggrin.gif
user posted image
am i right?

and, finally, maybe i need to edit another files, not paths?

I tested the tool and know how to use it but I never made paths and imported such ingame
At first you need the version 1.1
download APE 1.1
I believe, it requires Netframe 3 or 3.5 or higher

The nodes.dat:
You can't open nodes.dat in APE
First you must convert the files in a *.dnf -file

convert all nodesX.dat in a *.dnf -file:
exmport all nodesX.dat from gta3.img into a new folder,
then choose function "Decompile" in APE menue: FILE and navigate then to the new folder

loading dnf -file-Path into editor:
choose function "Open" in APE menue: FILE and navigate then to the folder with *.dnf -file

Empty paths:
You should use empty paths for your first attempt
If you import empty paths into your gta3.img the game don't have traffic then, no cars, no peds

Create empty paths:
choose Tools in APE menue, then "create empty Nodes"

Save paths:
save the path as *.dnf file

convert *.dnf file:
choose function "Compile" in APE menue: FILE, open the *.dnf file and give a folder to store the nodesX.dat

Making paths ingame with memory hack:
Start the game and go the point where you wanna beginn your first path
then press ECS and go back to windows

Now start APE and load empty paths into the editor

Now open Tutorial.pdf which comes with APE 1.1 download, find it in Tutorials & ReadMe folder
READ IT!!!! (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
especially the theme 2. Path Editing

As next go to APE and start MemHack
in APE menue: Tools

then go ingame and use this keys to make paths
F4 - Close MemHack
F6 - Mark last PED Node
F7 - Open PED Path | Add PED Node
F8 - Close PED Path | Add last PED Node
F10 - Mark last Car Node
F11 - Open Car Path | Add Car Node
F12 - Close Car Path | Add last Car Node

invalid function:
so far I remember right does this function not work:
" Start GTA San Andreas" of in APE menue: Tools

Please report if you made paths successfull
and describe which keypress you have used to create paths

Kalvin'
  • Kalvin'

----------

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

i try to do this, but i dont understand anything in the tut, and ive made the game path to my gta_sa, in my gtasa folder, then when i start memhack and start sa in the program i get the error: "GTA San Andreas runtime - Error! Memhack will be finished..." anyone help? sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users