1,624 replies to this topic
El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:15 PM

it's amazing how unpopular the NHL has become lately.

literally no one I talk to or interact with on a regular basis has said anything about it.

I forgot the Cup was even happening lol.

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:55 PM

That's what happens when you have the worst commissioner in NA sports history at the helm.  Bad enough he sold a franchise to a con artist with a fax machine, but when you ignore cities that would make great franchises like Quebec city, Seattle and instead force hockey in Florida(2teams), Carolina, and Arizona you get a league where 6-10 teams subsidize the rest of the league. 

On top of that the NHL has the worst officiating in sports.  Just look at the last game this year, Nashville's goal being called off is just bush league(and no I am not a preds fan) it makes you wonder if their Cinderella run is moot after their fans got to witness first hand the audacious officiating. 

• Le Shark likes this

Le Shark
  • Le Shark

Proud Alderney resident

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:32 PM Edited by Le Shark, 09 July 2017 - 02:33 PM.

Yeah, hockey seems to lose it's popularity everywhere (popularity of this thread probably shows that, too). In Russia, it loses popularity because we have probably the worst hockey league ever. Furthermore, I was really surprised to find articles that say Canada loses interest in hockey, too. What's happening?

I think that instead of trying to bring hockey to areas where it will never be really popular, commisioners should try reclaiming the popularity that hockey lost over the last decades.

Le Shark
  • Le Shark

Proud Alderney resident

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:13 AM

Sorry for double post, but my last post was quite a while ago. Probably nobody cares about this thread anyway.

NHL's attempt to conquer the southern market is probably caused by the success of California teams. During the latest 10 years: Stanley Cups, SC final appearances, etc. They probably think that if California could, then everyone can. But when was the last time a Canadian team won the cup? Yep. Hockey in the world has a lot of problems, and they absolutely need to be solved to preserve this great sport for our children and grandchildren and grandgrand...

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hockey is fine.

Speaking of California, here I see as many hockey stickers and license plate frames as baseball or football. That's my car centric California observation of the popularity of things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users