1,505 replies to this topic
darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

I know. All he had to do is send it down the left side. But he thought he could pull a move reserved for forwards playing behind the other team's goal. It was literally the worst move he could have made.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

user posted image

Gif of the night right here, if you ask me.

Kinda bummed that Leafs lost. Though I don't know what I was expecting.

Habs
  • Habs

Montreality

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

Anderson is doing a f*cking great job for the Sens... 39 saves in 2 periods, wow.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:06 AM Edited by Ryan, 03 May 2013 - 04:37 AM.

If it wasn't for Anderson, Montreal would have ran away with this already.

I just hope Lars Eller is okay. It was a suicide pass by Diaz, but Gryba hit him right in the head. Will be interesting to see what Sheriff Shanny makes of it. The NHL analysts from TSN and CBC seem divided on the hit.

user posted image

EDIT: Initial reports are indicating he's been taken to hospital by ambulance with a suspected broken nose, facial injuries and a concussion.

And the Habs sh*t the bed in the third and lose 4-2 confused.gif

EDIT2: The cover of Ottawa's newspaper tomorrow. Seriously, how low can you go. https://twitter.com/...5957760/photo/1

Habs
  • Habs

Montreality

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

Ok Eller should've skate with his head up no doubt, but it was clearly a deliberate hit to the head... We all know what's going to happen, there won't be any suspension because it's the Habs & he's not a all star player just like Pacioretty a few years ago. Do it to Crosby you'll get 5-6 games but because it's Eller I'm expecting something like 0 or maybe 1 game. Of course the french medias are crying all over TV and they're right to do it, but the NHL is thinking just like clowns like Bob Mckenzie so don't be surprise if they don't give him a few games.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

If only the Ducks would play for 60 minutes like they played last night during the third period, I would be REALLY happy. F*cking awesome game, nevertheless.

Also, I'm gonna laugh my head off when the Blues eliminate the Kings on the first round.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:23 PM Edited by Ryan, 03 May 2013 - 09:45 PM.

Eric Gryba is set to have a disciplinary hearing today with Sheriff Shanny: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422266

Yeah, Lars Eller had his head down in open ice, but the NHL is focused on protecting players who are vulnerable. Eller was vulnerable and it was a reckless play by Gryba to hit a vulnerable player like that. Hopefully they give him a couple of games.

EDIT: Gryba has been suspended two games. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422306

Shanny's explanation video: http://t.co/8KuVhZUi7Y

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

It's official. The Ducks will play the Kings at Dodger Stadium in January.

The Hippie
  • The Hippie

I'm gonna be all the way out there...In the Wild!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

Kings advance. Yeahhh budddddy! Goin' for the repeat!!

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Goddamnit! Ducks eliminated sad.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

The Leafs tonight... just wow.... Possibly one of the biggest meltdown's in NHL history.

Toronto outplayed Boston all game had a 4-1 lead going into the third. With 10 minutes remaining in the third, Boston scored to make it 4-2. With a minute and a half left, Boston pulled the goalie for the extra attacker and scored again to make it 4-3. Another 30 seconds later, Boston scored once again to make it 4-4 which sent it to overtime. 6 minutes into overtime, Boston came back and scored to win it. Leafs fans were going nuts thinking they had the game and series in hand, but boy were they wrong.

luongo01
  • luongo01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

Edler just blew out Eric Staal's knee at the WHC. Glad Shanahan isn't in charge of WHC discipline.

I'm hoping for a Kings-Blackhawks and a Penguins-Bruins match up. They would be great series to watch.

And Ilya Bryzgalov gives really interesting interviews- good laughs.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (luongo01 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 02:52)
Edler just blew out Eric Staal's knee at the WHC. Glad Shanahan isn't in charge of WHC discipline.

I'm hoping for a Kings-Blackhawks and a Penguins-Bruins match up. They would be great series to watch.

I was watching that game yesterday and saw the knee on knee between Edler and Staal. Terrible hit. Edler made made no attempt at all to avoid it. If anything, he tried to make it happen.

A Kings-Blackhawks and a Penguins-Bruins conference final match up would be cool as you'd have the Stanley Cup champions from the last four years.

El Tropa
  • El Tropa

Love me? Hate me? Youll never break me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Friday, May 17 2013, 14:49)

I was watching that game yesterday and saw the knee on knee between Edler and Staal. Terrible hit. Edler made made no attempt at all to avoid it. If anything, he tried to make it happen.

A Kings-Blackhawks and a Penguins-Bruins conference final match up would be cool as you'd have the Stanley Cup champions from the last four years.

Calling a Hawks Pens cup with a game 7 decider. If the Penguis keep playing like the way theh played wensday. A finals appearance is in the bag. Same for the Blackhawks.
Itd be great to see my two favorite teams in the cup. Id have to root for the Penguins though

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (Riot Genovese @ Friday, May 17 2013, 11:52)
QUOTE (Ryan @ Friday, May 17 2013, 14:49)

Calling a Hawks Pens cup with a game 7 decider. If the Penguis keep playing like the way theh played wensday. A finals appearance is in the bag. Same for the Blackhawks.
Itd be great to see my two favorite teams in the cup. Id have to root for the Penguins though

I'm saying LA vs Pittsburgh in the Stanley Cup Final

The Hippie
  • The Hippie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

Kings are going all the way! Quick is too good. It'll be either Bos or Pit in the East. Either way, LA will take 'em down! Also, how 'bout them Knights in the Memorial cup? I can always depend on my Knights for a deep run every season. Good year of hockey, both my teams have a shot!

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

My money is on my Halifax Mooseheads at the Memorial Cup tounge.gif

luongo01
  • luongo01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

Memorial Cup is a great tournament. Nice change of pace where skill and speed are much more prevalent than the physical and grinding game of the NHL playoffs.

Watched the Mooseheads and Winterhawks game. Mackinnon had a strong game and the Mooseheads capitalized when Portland ran into penalty trouble.

Seth Jones wasn't too shabby but I expected more physical play from a 6 ft 4 defenceman. If Jay-Z does sign him to his sports agency, he'll be able to market Seth in a way that no many others can and likely get more black Americans interested in hockey.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

Leave it to those pesky Ottawa Senators to score the game tying goal shorthanded with 20 seconds left in the third and win it in double overtime. Was a hell of a game.

El Tropa
  • El Tropa

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Monday, May 20 2013, 03:49)
Leave it to those pesky Ottawa Senators to score the game tying goal shorthanded with 20 seconds left in the third and win it in double overtime. Was a hell of a game.

Sure was. I was on the edge of my seat as soon as Ottawa scored.

We hsd so many oppurtunities to score... but they all came up empty Darn you Anderson! Stop blocking all our shots!

The Hippie
  • The Hippie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:24 PM Edited by The Hippie, 22 May 2013 - 05:29 AM.

What a beauty of a play! It's a bummer we lost though. Gotta bounce back tonight.

Edit: Well that was brutal. London got destroyed by Halifax 9-2. Also, to top off my night, San Jose tied the series up. suicidal.gif

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Don't really care for the Kings - Sharks series, because whichever emerges as the victor from the Red Wings - Blackhawks series will eventually eliminate the remaining California team.

luongo01
  • luongo01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

Canucks have fired their coach. He was a good coach and any team that hires him will likely find themselves in a playoff spot very soon.

Also glad that all 4 teams in the Memorial cup are 1-1 after 2 games. Should make their final round robin games much more intense and exciting.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

Is it too eart to get the brooms out for the Rangers? Spoked B's all the way!

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

Well, the Rangers live to fight another day.

Just watched the Chicago - Detroit game. Detroit won 2-0 and and now has a 3-1 series lead. They're just outplaying Chicago in every possible way. Just further proof that the Presidents Trophy is a curse.

El Tropa
  • El Tropa

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

Seems like the Penguins will close out this series. Its 4-1 going into the 3rd.

Never noticed but we boast 4 of the top 5 in points for the playoffs. Pretty dominate

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

The Eastern Conference final is now set. Going to be a dandy between Boston and Pittsburgh. Chicago lived to fight another day tonight, but I'm still thinking Detroit is going to take the series.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:20 AM Edited by Ryan, 27 May 2013 - 02:35 AM.

Halifax wins the Memorial Cup and Nathan MacKinnion with the hatty! 6-4 final score. Yeahhhhhhhhhh biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Looking like it could be a pretty good year in Nova Scotia for hockey. Halifax won the Presidents Cup as the top team in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League and now the Memorial Cup as the top junior team in Canada. With the way Pittsburgh is going, if they were to win the Stanley Cup, we'd get to see Sidney Crossby bring that here too!

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

Just stabbed my wallet in the heart buying B's/Pens tickets. Gonna be an awesome series though.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

Conference finals are now set and they're going to be a dandy with the last four Stanley Cup champs.

LA vs Chicago and Boston vs Pittsburgh

LA - Chicago series starts Saturday afternoon and Boston - Pittsburgh series starts Saturday night.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users