Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

And we're going to a game 6!

Would love to see the Devils win the cup in game 7 at home. Even if they can just win game 6 to force game 7, would still be a hell of a comeback.

Stig
  • Stig

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 02:59)
And we're going to a game 6!

Would love to see the Devils win the cup in game 7 at home. Even if they can just win game 6 to force game 7, would still be a hell of a comeback.

It's a possibility man! The Kings have all the pressure on them @ home Monday. smile.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:03 AM

The King will win it on Monday.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:56 AM Edited by Ryan, 12 June 2012 - 12:58 AM.

3-0 LA at the end of the first. Might as well just give 'em the cup now instead of making them wait another 40 minutes.

hambones
  • hambones

Every Inch A King

• Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

dunno if you guys have noticed it but there's a chick behind the devils bench with a massive rack... lol she's wearing a tank top to make it even more obvious.

i mean, it's even distracting the coach
user posted image

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:51 AM

Congratulations to the Los Angeles Kings on winning their first ever Stanley Cup and making history by becoming the first ever 8th seed to win it.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Monday, Jun 11 2012, 18:51)
Congratulations to the Los Angeles Kings on winning their first ever Stanley Cup and making history by becoming the first ever 8th seed to win it.

Yet Kings fans are still trolling Ducks fans by saying their cup team is better than our cup team was.

Anyway, I'm happy for them now. Come October they can go f*ck themselves.

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

Congrats to L.A. Kings for their first ever Stanley Cup win!

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:52 PM Edited by Ryan, 23 July 2012 - 07:56 PM.

Well the Rick Nash sweepstakes is finally over.

Now to get rid of Luongo

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

Columbus blew that one.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:50 AM Edited by Ryan, 05 September 2012 - 01:54 AM.

As stupid as I think this bickering between millionaires and billionaires is, I have to agree with the NHLPA. Someone needs to stand up to greedy Gary. If he doesn't want to budge, well so be it. He gets the honour of being the only commissioner to ever have two lockouts under his tenure.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

So there's going to be yet another NHL lockout... I wouldn't have thought about that some years ago. Anyway, it's unfortunate that there might not be any NHL matches for a while now and as far as I know swedish Elitserien won't allow any short-term NHL-contracts. So there probably won't be any world-class players in the highest hockey league in my country Sweden. I guess many NHL players are going to wait and see how everything goes with the Lockout-situation anyway.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Malkin already signed with Mettalurg. Why anyone would want to play in the KHL after the plane crash last season is beyond me.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

Good for KHL. It's going to be interesting to see which players are going to play in Europe. A month ago I heard that Thornton and Nash are planning to play for Davos for example. Don't know if the rumours are true ore not though. I've also heard that Swedish players like Kronwall and Murray are considering playing for Djurgården in Allsvenskan.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

I know that Teemu Selanne and Saku Koivu are planning on going to Finland if the lockout isn't resolved in a couple weeks.

luongo01
  • luongo01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Nhl lockout is over!. They have a tentative 10 yr deal. Hopefully the canucks can finally win a cup on a smaller schedule.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

I feel bad for you and having that username with the Canucks about to trade Luongo tounge.gif

But yeah, glad to hear Bettman and Fher were finally able to get things sorted. Would have much preferred this to be sorted months ago, but at lest it didn't go past the point where they had to cancel the entire season. Will be interesting to see how things turn out with the 50/48 game season.

luongo01
  • luongo01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

I think the Canucks will hold onto him till at least the trade deadline especially with so-so performance of Schneider in Europe ( although it is a bigger surface and a goalie needs to change his positioning and angles a bit) and a condensed season.

I hope he gets traded to the Flyers. Flyers desperately need a goalie. They could buy out Bryzgalov with the amnesty buyout and trade for Luongo. He'll have a chance to win a cup and actually get the respect he deserves. I think he is on pace to be #3 all time in wins behind only Brodeur and Roy.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:46 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 11 January 2013 - 06:12 PM.

The Orange County Register (newspaper) sports writer reported that on Wednesday several Ducks and Kings players met at the Ducks' training facility for an informal practice led by Scott Niedermayer. And Dustin Penner was wearing a Ducks practice jersey. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Now we know the reason why Scott Niedermayer was leading the practices. He's the Ducks' new assistant coach.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

NHLPA and NHL have signed their memorandum of understanding. Hockey is officially back! My life is complete once again!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

Training camps start tomorrow. I hope to make the Ducks camp. Free hot dogs and soda.

bobdude100
  • bobdude100

PSN Mehoe123

• Members

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Let the trades begin smile.gif

luongo01
  • luongo01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

I think the Oilers have a real shot to make the playoffs this year. Last year they were atop their division until January, I think.

This year they are more mature. Dubnyk looked good in the WHC and Spengler Cup.
Schultz is a bonafide d-man. He was second on his team in the AHL in scoring behind Eberle and ahead of Hall. Over a ppg average.

I think they have a shot at winning the division. Their blueline is alright, but looks really thin if they get an injury.

Maybe a couple of last place finishes and 1st overall picks could make them a sure lock for a Stanley Cup. tounge.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

The Oilers arguably have the advantage over everyone else as over half their team has been playing all season between the CHL, AHL, and Europe. They're lacking depth on the blue line, and questions remain about Dubnyk being a number one goaltender. It might not be this season, but some season in the future that team is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

I've been following Montreal's training camp and I've been liking the line set they've been practicing with. Marc Bergevin made some good character pickups in the off season, and Alex Galchenyuk fills the second line center position quite nicely being a big bodied player. Hopefully Bergevin and Subban can get a contracted worked out soon. Not having PK to start the season would be a huge blow. Also quite pleased that Bergevin told Scott Gomez to sit at home for the season in preparation to be bought out over the summer. I really do not know why the hell Pierre Gauthier ever signed him with his insane contract anyway.

luongo01
  • luongo01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

I think it was Glen Sather from the rangers who signed drury and gomez to the massive contracts. Gainey traded a good D prospect in Mcdonagh for Gomez to fill a need at center that theyve had since the 05 lockout. Gomez was decent in NY. 60 pt guy but clearly not worth that money. Just didnt work oht in Montreal.

I also think Gillis overpayed for Garrison. 6.5 mil for a hometown boy who had 1 good season scoring i think 30 something points. A bit too much but he was the 2nd best fa defenceman this offseason.

Even with a luongo trade the canucks are going to have cap problems. Edler is prob gonna cost 5.5 mil minimum.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Hockey is back and so are the Green Men...

user posted image

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:39 AM Edited by Ryan, 25 January 2013 - 05:46 AM.

God damn, those kids in Edmonton really are something to watch. They were playing LA tonight. LA had a 1-0 the whole game. With 2 minutes left LA they took a two many men penalty. Ryan Nuget-Hopkins scored and they called it a goal, but the refs talked for like 5 minutes and waved it off. Fans went crazy and threw all sorts of stuff onto the ice. With 4 seconds left, Nail Yakapov scored to force OT and 3 minutes into OT, Sam Gange puts the puck in the back of the net. Mind you the final score was only 2-1, but pretty damn impressive.

King Mystery
  • King Mystery

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:58 PM Edited by King Mystery, 29 January 2013 - 09:46 PM.

My friend took me to a Wings game the other day, and I've really been getting into it. Any little things I should probably know before watching more games, just to kind of get the feel of the NHL?

I mean, just basic things, really - the rules, what's been going on in the company lately, things like that. I already know about about the penalties and things like icing and checking, but only a few little things like that. I just want to make sure I've got the vital things down first so I can get a better feel of the games when I watch them, I can probably try to figure out the smaller things and whatnot myself once I get down the basics, y'know?

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

CANADIENS SIGN SUBBAN TO TWO-YEAR, $5.75M CONTRACT

So glad they finally got PK signed. Montreal has really been looking good so far this year both up front and in back. Markov, now that he's healthy is showing just how dominant of a D-man he can be, and the rookies, Galchenyuk and Gallagher are both playing pretty good and are staying with the team for the season. Brandon Prust has fit in really well as the type of gritty player Montreal has been lacking too. Only downside so far has been the loss of Max Pacioretty for 3 to 4 weeks after he under went an emergency appendectomy on Saturday. Really liking the direction Marc Bergevin is taking this team in. Hopefully it turns out to be a good year!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users