Photo

Annoying Thing about MEd

9 replies to this topic
NickGavran
  • NickGavran

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:38 PM

I just downloaded MEd and i went through the tutorial.. But each time im done and i want to Apply it, then it just disappears(when i press apply button) ( it works in game and is shown) but i want it to be seen in MEd too... is this a bug?

Any suggestions would be nice..

Thanks

NickGavran
  • NickGavran

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:31 PM

by "it" i mean all objects, of course

SmokingCookie
  • SmokingCookie

Snitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:25 PM Edited by SmokingCookie, 20 September 2007 - 04:26 PM.

Unfortunately, you don't say anything about what version of MEd. You can download the latest version (version 0.32 BETA) at GTAGarage.com. It may also depend on your computer: in the Help menu, go to "About My System" and see what text is red and what's blue

Here's mine:

QUOTE (MEd v0.32 - System Information)

Operating System:

OpenGL Version: 2.1.1
OpenGL Vendor: ****** ***********
OpenGL Renderer: ******* **** ******************
Supported Extension: GL_EXT_BGRA
Unsupported Extension: GL_EXT_PALETTED_TEXTURE
Supported Extension: GL_EXT_TEXTURE_COMPRESSION_S3TC

On my system, I can see textured objects and nothing seems to disappear (only when I save stuff and I immidiately place a new object...) I managed to "destroy" the effect above ^ by doing the following:
  1. Save your stuff
  2. Select an existing object (doesn't matter what object).
  3. Right-click the selected object and hit "Duplicate"
  4. Delete either of the objects (they are double now, so in SA, you'll see "flashy" textures).
  5. You can now put new objects into your IPL/IDE file.

EDIT: I hope I helped you at least a bet further...

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:25 AM

no matter which version of MEd you use you will always experience models/textured models failing to appear in the 3D window when you add new models/txd's/ID's to a TC map on the SA engine, this also is a bug that shows with Steve-m's map viewer on any map modified with MEd (on all 3 different PC config's that i have used). 3DS Max and Kam's map-io IS recommended for all SA object mapping.

if you use TXD Workshop for new TXD construction there is a TXD saving bug that causes dff's to show invisible in MEd and ingame, there is a workaround by saving the TXD as gta3 then as VC then as SA TXD, this bug is present in all versions but is not always intermittent

NickGavran
  • NickGavran

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:43 PM

It works now and i did exactly the same thing as i used to do (my computer is weird ) tounge.gif

TheTrekhippy
  • TheTrekhippy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:14 PM Edited by TheTrekhippy, 12 December 2007 - 09:00 PM.

I'm not sure if this is related to this but I don't know where else to ask and I don't think it's a new problem I'm just new to this and not sure how things would be labled etc...
Using Version 1 of GTA SA and Version .32 beta of MED on Windows XP Media Center Edition SP2 with ATI Radeon 9200 w/ Catalyste drivers and up to date direct X.

What is happening is I place objects in with MeD and when I play GTA Sa and anything is 'off the map' like if I put a building out in the water, even if I put land like a grass plot out there walking away from the map edge out towards the water makes it seem to disappear in game. I can still walk to the edge but it is invisible. What can I do about this?

Sorry if I did anything wrong re forum rules of posting.

JohnPro
  • JohnPro

GTAHalo.com

• Members

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:08 PM

Models disappearing in med when you move them is a Video Card Problem
Solution: update your video card driver

@ TheTrekhippy your problem is you have placed an object over the san andreas border and disappears when you go over it.
Solution: dont place over border lol.gif

TheTrekhippy
  • TheTrekhippy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:42 PM

I was hoping for a way to extend that border, but thanks for the intel so far. Anyone else know anything new?

Clark01
  • Clark01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP . Why does my map editor like this , the trees and other thing doesnt load ,

Parmm
  • Parmm

Crackhead

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Why do u have to bump old topics? Can't u just read the god damn date?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users