Photo

Gaming Controller

8 replies to this topic
nealmac
  • nealmac

Low lie, the fields of Anfield Road

• Members

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:14 AM

What controller do you guys use for GTA? Or indeed for gaming in general? Quite frankly, I'm fed up using the mouse and keyboard, and I want to be able to use a decent controller, that I know will work, without having to install drivers, or have to do anything other than what it says on the box. I'm using XP, but will soon be changing to Vista.

Thanks.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:37 AM

Get acquainted with the keyboard and mouse combo and you won't go back.

That said, I do have a soft spot for my PS2 controller still. Although it's just about had it... the R1 button dropped out today. sad.gif

nealmac
  • nealmac

• Members

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:27 PM

Believe me, I've tried the keyboard/mouse method til I was blue in the face. It just doesn't like me. Plus I like the pressure sensitive stick(s)

OGIamLoco
  • OGIamLoco

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:22 PM

I use the Logitech cordless rumble pad and the usb version of it sometimes.
they work well, but takes a bit of time to setup the buttons, but once you do that
its almost like the PS2.

use still have to use the keyboard for the radio though, the D-pad is difficult to get
to work the same as the PS2.

nealmac
  • nealmac

• Members

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:39 PM

Well if I only have to use the keyboard for the radio, I can live with that. Will it work on vista, as I'll be upgrading in a few weeks.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (nealmac @ Sep 20 2007, 11:39)
Well if I only have to use the keyboard for the radio, I can live with that. Will it work on vista, as I'll be upgrading in a few weeks.

Everything works on Vista, both hardware and software. It's just whether if it is compatible - the reason why there is compatibility mode and native/generic drivers.

And Logitech's Mice/Keyboard combo are compatible: http://www.logitech....loads/&cl=us,en (Click link and then probably choose "Keyboard/Mouse combo" if that's what you want. Now select a model and select "Get Software". You will see that it has Windows Vista drivers! colgate.gif

nosferatu5
  • nosferatu5

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:15 AM

I always use mouse and keyboard. Even in VC, the "Classic" controlling sucked - easy targeting was too simple and you can't control the camera.

DarthTemplar
  • DarthTemplar

Hail to the King Baby

• Members

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:41 PM

Keyboard. But I am more acquainted with my PS2 dualshock. I am still looking for a gamepad that looks like a dualshock

magnus93
  • magnus93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:45 PM

I use Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2. Its the best!!!
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users