Official Xbox 360 Topic

10,112 replies to this topic
Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (norniron @ Oct 6 2007, 19:06)
Hey I am thinking of getting a new game for my 360 just need to decide which one. I am looking at Halo 3 and Skate. I have never really been a fan of the Halo and I think skate looks really good. Can anybody who has/played both help me?

I haven't played either but I'd say go for Skate. But that's just me...

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff [2014]

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (GTA fan @ Oct 4 2007, 16:01)
Hey i need some help with xbox live. i have a wireless internet connection with a wireless router which is in another room from my pc and xbox. if i connect the ethernet cable from my xbox to the router and set the ip address to automatic it connects fine but its just annoying cause the cable runs through to the other room so it would be handier to connect the xbox to the pc which is in the same room but if i do this it fails at the ip address bit. i think it said something on the somputer that this ip address is already being used by another device probably the router. does anyone know how to get round this problem. any help is appreciated, thanks in advance smile.gif

You'll either need to have internet connection sharing with DHCP set up on the PC you're trying to connect to or a wireless adapter for your 360.

Some info can be found here.

Pancho the great
  • Pancho the great

Hang the DJ!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Platinum. @ Sep 29 2007, 12:12)
A few months ago my 360 got the three rings of death and I took it back to Gamestation where I bought it from and they exchanged it for a new one. Now this new one makes really loud buzzing sounds while just on the Dashboard and sometimes when playing games/watching films. It's very random though, like I go into the Marketplace and start downloading something and the buzzing will stop, then I'll return to the Dashboard and it will start up again. The buzzing itself is coming from the TV, not from the console, if you know what I mean.

Also, this has been happening for ages now, it happened with my old 360 too, when I'm playing I'll keep getting a load of little white noise dots over my screen after about five minutes of playing, and it will just get worse and worse until it's unbearable when I'm playing a dark game like Gears of War.

My warranty for Gamestation has ran out, and I don't really want to send my 360 back to Microsoft. I'm not getting the three red rings of death, and if I send it back then I know I probably wont see it again for a few months. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what could be causing the buzzing and/or the white dots all over my screen?

My old one did that right before it died..

Turn out it was overheating and it ended up frying the av input solder connections.

Make sure its not surrounded by other crap and it should be fine smile.gif

BroDan
  • BroDan

Jesus Saves!

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 October 2007 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (Inky @ Oct 6 2007, 01:29)
user posted image

user posted image

Went into EB today to pick up a new wireless controller because my old one had a busted Left Trigger, and found this baby. I love the color and have gotten used to the blue/white combination.

Now if only I could find a matching blue faceplate, I'd be set smile.gif .

Yuck.

Blue is nasty for a 360 controller.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2007 - 07:44 PM

I actually really like that color. I had no idea MS was releasing different colored ones though..and what's with the little keypad attachement? That official too?

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:12 PM

I gotta get me one of those keypads.

norniron
  • norniron

• Members

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Damo. @ Oct 6 2007, 18:21)
QUOTE (norniron @ Oct 6 2007, 19:06)
Hey I am thinking of getting a new game for my 360 just need to decide which one. I am looking at Halo 3 and Skate. I have never really been a fan of the Halo and I think skate looks really good. Can anybody who has/played both help me?

I haven't played either but I'd say go for Skate. But that's just me...

I think i might go for skate as it seems really good and i like The Tony Hawk games and this is meant to be alot better.

Platinum.
  • Platinum.

El Dinamita

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (Pancho the great @ Oct 6 2007, 19:00)
QUOTE (Platinum. @ Sep 29 2007, 12:12)
A few months ago my 360 got the three rings of death and I took it back to Gamestation where I bought it from and they exchanged it for a new one. Now this new one makes really loud buzzing sounds while just on the Dashboard and sometimes when playing games/watching films. It's very random though, like I go into the Marketplace and start downloading something and the buzzing will stop, then I'll return to the Dashboard and it will start up again. The buzzing itself is coming from the TV, not from the console, if you know what I mean.

Also, this has been happening for ages now, it happened with my old 360 too, when I'm playing I'll keep getting a load of little white noise dots over my screen after about five minutes of playing, and it will just get worse and worse until it's unbearable when I'm playing a dark game like Gears of War.

My warranty for Gamestation has ran out, and I don't really want to send my 360 back to Microsoft. I'm not getting the three red rings of death, and if I send it back then I know I probably wont see it again for a few months. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what could be causing the buzzing and/or the white dots all over my screen?

My old one did that right before it died..

Turn out it was overheating and it ended up frying the av input solder connections.

Make sure its not surrounded by other crap and it should be fine smile.gif

I love you.

My old 360 must have broken it right before it died, and when I got the new 360 they only exchange the console, they don't give you new wires so I was still using the old AV connector. I tried my 360 with a VGA cable going into my monitor and it ran flawlessly, so it must be the cable which is a problem, which is a big relief. Cheers for helping. smile.gif

Torcidas
  • Torcidas

rm -rf /

• Members

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (TheDude5000 @ Oct 6 2007, 14:44)
I actually really like that color. I had no idea MS was releasing different colored ones though..and what's with the little keypad attachement? That official too?

Is that even a blue controller?

Or is it just one of those skin addons for the controller?

PS: If the 360 gives me a problem, I would need a receipt for MS to fix it, right?

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (TheDude5000 @ Oct 6 2007, 20:44)

Yeah they are release black, white, baby blue and pink and the keyboard attachment is official and it's in the messenger kit set so when you buy it you get a headphone set with it aswell.

Where have you been. tounge.gif

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• None

Posted 06 October 2007 - 10:10 PM

I think he got confused because it looks cheap and nasty.

norniron
  • norniron

• Members

Posted 06 October 2007 - 10:12 PM

Yeah it looks really cheap. I guess a black one would look nice.

Fleckz
  • Fleckz

~ Psych Ward ~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 October 2007 - 10:16 PM

I need to get a black controller.. Y'know. For my black Xbox.

XN22
  • XN22

Breathe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:42 AM

Forza 2 sucks without eurobeat. sad.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (GTA1 @ Oct 6 2007, 15:16)

Is the black controller bigger than the white?

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff [2014]

Posted 07 October 2007 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Oct 6 2007, 20:59)
QUOTE (GTA1 @ Oct 6 2007, 15:16)

Is the black controller bigger than the white?

Perhaps a bit longer, but size doesn't matter.

Does it?

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 07 October 2007 - 02:32 AM

Anyone realize that PGR4 comes out this week/is already out depending where you live? I guess with Halo 3 taking the limelight its slipped many people's minds. Its also apparently scored mostly higher then Halo 3 in most reviews so sounds like its going to be great. Anyone got it yet?

Chadg
  • Chadg

Haters gonna hate

• Members

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:23 AM

just got it today and it's pretty good. I like the fact that it doesn't limit you to which car to use in championships, and the weather changing during the race is good also.

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• None

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:55 AM

More importantly, Has anyone got Conan yet? I'm going into town later to pick it up. All this limb removal talk is getting me excited. Limb removal + Nekkid women + Great one liners = Fun.

PGR4 was on my toget list but has slipped somewhat. The game still looks immense but I'm not a total driving fan. Think I had my fill with Forza 2. icon14.gif

sainraja
  • sainraja

Bin teray kay hai jeena!

• Members

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (MyMothersMySister @ Oct 7 2007, 03:55)
More importantly, Has anyone got Conan yet? I'm going into town later to pick it up. All this limb removal talk is getting me excited. Limb removal + Nekkid women + Great one liners = Fun.

PGR4 was on my toget list but has slipped somewhat. The game still looks immense but I'm not a total driving fan. Think I had my fill with Forza 2. icon14.gif

Doesn't it come out the 23rd?

That's the date GameStop has it listed.

Platinum.
  • Platinum.

El Dinamita

• Zaibatsu

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:19 AM

Buy Conan [Play.com]

Doesn't really interest me, but yeah, it's out.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:35 AM Edited by Seddo, 07 October 2007 - 10:56 AM.

QUOTE (Platinum. @ Oct 7 2007, 11:19)
Buy Conan [Play.com]

I'm sure that's a different Conan game, i was searching Play.com the other day but that was the only game i found but on a 360 site there's two types of Conan games, so i'm confused at the moment which is which. dontgetit.gif

Conan demo next week

sainraja
  • sainraja

Bin teray kay hai jeena!

• Members

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (Platinum. @ Oct 7 2007, 06:19)
Buy Conan [Play.com]

Hmm, came out early in UK......

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:39 AM

The Simpsons game is availible to download on the Xbox Live Marketplace, anyone playe dit yet?.

Pancho the great
  • Pancho the great

Hang the DJ!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:13 PM

Anyone playing tiger woods 08??

Game is absolutely fantastic!!

Commentary gets a bit tedious at times though!!!

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• None

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (Pancho the great @ Oct 8 2007, 13:13)

I was waiting for someone (anyone) to have this. I'll grab it if you're going t be arouund to partner up?

I've got Conan, PGR4 and Skate from yesterday (explains my inactivity tounge.gif ). All 3 are solid purchases. Especialy enjoying Conan more tha I thought I would. Typical hack and slash with epic boss battles peppered with wit and rescuable maidens (TOPLESS). I can't begin to describe the fun of hacking both of someones arms off before throwing them into the air for a piledriver.

A'Kaan 'Could you serve a woman barbarian?'
Conan 'Service a woman? Anytime and gladly!'

icon14.gif

Pancho the great
  • Pancho the great

Hang the DJ!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (MyMothersMySister @ Oct 8 2007, 20:13)

I was waiting for someone (anyone) to have this. I'll grab it if you're going t be arouund to partner up?

I've got Conan, PGR4 and Skate from yesterday (explains my inactivity tounge.gif ). All 3 are solid purchases. Especialy enjoying Conan more tha I thought I would. Typical hack and slash with epic boss battles peppered with wit and rescuable maidens (TOPLESS). I can't begin to describe the fun of hacking both of someones arms off before throwing them into the air for a piledriver.

icon14.gif

Sounds good mate.

Im always up for a wee bit 2 way action wink.gif

G MONEY $$$
  • G MONEY $$$

Moneybaggz

• The Connection

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:27 PM Edited by G MONEY $$$, 09 October 2007 - 12:20 AM.

I just finished playing 3 new demos from the market place. All pretty disappointing.

First I played Bladestorm which...well, not much to say about it. The demo starts with some really bad voice acting that you have to sit through. Then the gameplay consists of mashing the Right Button. Attacking with the Right Button? Really? No thanks. Not my type of game anyway. It's a bit like...Dynasty Warriors I suppose?

Then I moved on to The Simpsons Game demo. I've been waiting to try this game out for a while now and I was a bit disappointed. This is by far the best quality Simpson's game ever produced though. The cutscenes and everything are really well done. The gameplay isn't bad but personally I found getting used to the controls pretty difficult. They just don't seem super intuitive. As far as I could tell it seems as though the gameplay could get repetitive pretty quickly. And something I found really strange/disrupting was the EA logo pasted all over the place. Wtf is that all about? The mini-krusty dolls that attack you have "EA" on their bellies, and I saw a bunch of other EA logos in various spots. That really takes you out of the Simpson's world and seems to be some sort of horribly-blatant ad placement. I have no idea why they did that. All in all I think this will be a rent. It's hard to judge how good the full game will be, but it'll still definitely be the best Simpson's game.

Finally, I played the Conan demo...for about 2 minutes. The graphics in the first cut scene are pretty repulsive, for some things either the textures didn't load properly or they're just super bland. The dialogue and voice acting is also pretty bad. But once you get into the actual game well...I'm sorry but I couldn't handle how much of a blatant rip-off of God of War this game is. I mean it's...horrendous. It is EXACTLY the same...except it sucks. They should be sued.

And that's my round up of my demo experience today.

pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:37 AM

Tiger Woods eh? Hmm, if I have enough cash at the end of the month, and don't buy mass effect, I may get tiger woods. What am I saying..... Mass Effect all the way!

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• None

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (Pancho the great @ Oct 8 2007, 21:43)
QUOTE (MyMothersMySister @ Oct 8 2007, 20:13)

icon14.gif

Sounds good mate.

Im always up for a wee bit 2 way action wink.gif

Kinky bitch.

That's if we can fit it in between Orange Box and CoD4 of course.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users