10,107 replies to this topic
friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

@Sgt. Foley
Have you tried your Xbox on a different TV? The noise coming from your power brick is a fairly common problem with the early Xbox Slim consoles as the fans inside were faulty.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:16)
@Sgt. Foley
Have you tried your Xbox on a different TV? The noise coming from your power brick is a fairly common problem with the early Xbox Slim consoles as the fans inside were faulty.

Yeah, I tried it on a different TV. Still the same problems.

I don't really mind if my Xbox dies right now, but I at least expect it to last through the Summer, or somewhat through it sad.gif I have enough money to get a new one, but I want to save up for the new Xbox or Playstation.

P.S There's a even louder noise coming from the brick now. Sounds deeper than what it was before.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

http://www.forbes.co...de-ps3-and-ps4/

10 comments, 4 called-out Comment Now
Follow Comments
For a while there it looked like Diablo 3 may have managed to somehow become a Sony exclusive, with the game so far only being announced by Activision-Blizzard for the PS3 and PS4. But that isnít going to the case it seems, as now itís been revealed that the game will be ported to the Xbox 360 as well.

With the announcement comes a release date for the game on current gen systems, September 3rd for the PS3 and 360 versions. No word on when it might come to the PS4, but thatís probably because the system doesnít have an exact launch date yet. But it should after E3 next week.

It is curious to note that the Xbox One isnít mentioned here at all.  It seems odd that if the game isnít a Sony exclusive after all, and  it is coming out for the 360 and PS4, it wouldnít be released for the Xbox One as well. Perhaps the architecture of the system  is drastically different to make a port not worthwhile. Or perhaps itís in the works and will be announced at a later date.

Diablo 3's Auction House Still Down After This Week's Economic Cataclysm
Paul Tassi
Contributor
Though I was one of the gameís harshest critics when it was released in what I would deem barely better than a beta state, Iíve slowly grown to appreciate how the game has been transformed by a series of patches over the past year. Now, at long last, the game has finally evolved into something thatís pretty damn fun to play, a far cry from the server issues, boring items and lack of an endgame that plagued the original release.

The console version appears to be learning from the mistakes of the PC iteration. One of the biggest changes to the game is the complete removal of the Auction House, arguably the biggest problem with the original game, and one that still persists despite all the changes. Even Blizzard itself eventually conceded that the AH was a mistake, but itís too ingrained into the game to simply remove it entirely from the PC version at this point.

Rather, players should be content finding their own gear through farming, though I have to imagine Blizzard will whip up at least some sort of trading system for the console version. After all, statistics say that you could play the game for a thousand hours and still not find that one item youíre looking for, and trading has always been an important part of the game, even before the Auction House existed.

It was actually Diablo rival Torchlight that convinced me that ARPGs could work on a console. Playing the game on XBLA was a blast, and even though the famed hotkey bar is gone, the controller was still utilized in ways that didnít make gameplay feel much different than on a PC. Hopefully Diablo 3 will be able to capture that same feeling when it makes the leap to consoles. I encourage everyone who skipped the PC version or abandoned it early on to give it another go, either on the computer or when it comes to consoles. Itís evolved into something quite fun, as my five level sixty characters can attest to.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

Hey. Does anyone have any more info on this upcoming games sales on XBL?
http://majornelson.c...e-sale-preview/

All I've seen is this list. It would be great to know some dates and prices.

Assassinís Creed 3
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands 2
Brothers in Arms: Hellís Highway
Bulletstorm
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3
Crysis
Crysis 3
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga
Dragon Age Origins
Far Cry 3
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Forza Horizon
Gears Judgement
Hasbro Family Game Night 3
Hitman Absolution
Kinect Sports 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes
Lego Lord of the Rings
Mass Effect
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
Monopoly Streets
Perfect Dark Zero
Prey
Rockstar Table Tennis
The Orange Box
Tomb Raider
Witcher 2
WWE 13 GonD
X-com: Enemy Unknown

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

Be interesting to see how some of these are priced, i will be keeping an eye out for Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider.

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

hello everyone

i was wondering if anyone knows what time/date the free games are available for download for the gold members. i think it's halo 3 and assassin's creed 2 but can anyone tell me if thats true.

thanks

Johan
  • Johan

San Francisco Giants 2014 World Champions

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 05:55)
hello everyone

i was wondering if anyone knows what time/date the free games are available for download for the gold members. i think it's halo 3 and assassin's creed 2 but can anyone tell me if thats true.

thanks

No, everyone misheard what Microsoft said. They were just stating some of the games that would be part of it just to give you a heads up, they were never saying that those 2 were coming in July.

The first game is this one according to Major Nelson last night is "defense grid the awakening" until the 15th where the new game replaces it

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Am I the only one who can't locate the newest free game? It isn't in the same spot fable 3 was in and I swear I've looked everywhere.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 20:47)
Am I the only one who can't locate the newest free game? It isn't in the same spot fable 3 was in and I swear I've looked everywhere.

I believe they have not yet updated. Its still showing fable 3 as the "free with gold" game on my 360.

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 15:58)
QUOTE (Antagonista @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 05:55)
hello everyone

thanks

No, everyone misheard what Microsoft said. They were just stating some of the games that would be part of it just to give you a heads up, they were never saying that those 2 were coming in July.

The first game is this one according to Major Nelson last night is "defense grid the awakening" until the 15th where the new game replaces it

ohh damn i was excited sad.gif

oh well i'll still be able to enjoy anything else they give us

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

Sorry for the double post

The full game has not yet been released for free yet

https://twitter.com/...ame=majornelson

D3L3TD
  • D3L3TD

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

I hope they put up some good deals for that sale, I have around 1700msp, and want to get some more hours on my 360

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 17:17)
Sorry for the double post

The full game has not yet been released for free yet

https://twitter.com/...ame=majornelson

It still isn't on my dashboard but I was able to just do the Bing search and get to the free download that way.

tounge.gif even used my kinect and voice commands for the Bing search and download tounge.gif

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

Website is down for me. Anyone else?

Edit: HA! Got fixed when I posted this... icon14.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:12 AM

I bought

Witcher 2
Bulletstorm
Orange Box
Prey

from the Ultimate Sale this week

And HOLY sh*t!!!
Half Life 2 is such an EPIC Game. I knew it before ofc but never played it and never really watched some actual gameplay.

Some of the Graphics are better than what we have currently... and this game is 9 Years old... ( probably the 2007 360 Version was upgraded)

But still. Textures are obviously dated, but the lighting and especially the water Effects are top notch for these consoles imo.
And the Gameplay with the Physic Elemnts are just awesome. You have like little puzzles. For example at one point you have to take
bricks and put them on the other site of a ramp so you can jump over it with the vehicle. And there are no indicators or prompts that show you what to do. it actually forces you to use your brain a bit.

It runs 30 FPS I think but one of the smoother 30 FPS games/shooters

So glad I picked it up for 5 Euros on the sale.

Bulletstorm is pretty good. Its a little repetetive even with all the skillshots but its really fun. Only problem I have is the usual Input Lag you have with these 30fps First-Person-Shooters... some 30 FPS shooter manage to make it almost not noticeable like Battlefield 3 but Bulletstorm has some sluggish controlls confused.gif

Havent played Witcher 2 and Prey yet.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

Man, I'm so tempted to get Orange Box. But I'll probably decide on getting it after the sale is over.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

If anyone hasnt played Crackdown I would recommend picking it up. As its from 2007, it can be picked up real cheap and is one of the best open world games on Xbox in my opinion. Online co op with friends is possible too.

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

So I signed up early and I am in the World of Tanks 360 Beta. I know it was at 12:00 (I can't play during primetime) but there were only 60 something people playing. I must be part of a selected group.

Overall: I jumped in and got the quicky control tutorial from other people. I think it works okay and just took some time to get used to. The driving is pretty much Halo style so anybody with that in their past can get used to it.

The problem was the lag. That was ungodly. Here I am trying to race around in a M3 Stuart trying to go 60 MPH and I just suddenly stop. Then I fly forward and just get stuck there again. It was terrible. Oh well, it is to be expected of early beta.

I did kick ass at first, until I started getting into the higher tier games where tanks can take out an M3 Stuart in one shot.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

World of Tanks Beta on the 360? can I still join it?

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

Ok, so the first installment of the new Dashboard Beta came. It's pretty cool

When you go into the guide now, the green is now slightly darker. I love it. In the friends list, the gamerpics look different though... I can't wait for more stuff to come out biggrin.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 23:41)
Man, I'm so tempted to get Orange Box. But I'll probably decide on getting it after the sale is over.

This is exactly what happened.

I got The Walking Dead 400 Days instead.

cheritto
  • cheritto

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

hi i need an answer .... I have a pendrive of 16 gb of fast reading and requires mandatory installation .... foulbrood I want to know is whether the second dvd which is the game if you want to install separately on another pendrive care if I can play? or need a 32 gb on the disk 1 and disk 2 should be together .... or I can put them on two different flash drive?

disc two other questions I can install it on normal speed pendrive? since the disc 1 should be whether or exceeding reading 15m/s.....pero disk 2 not say anything about it ...

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Hey guys

I just renewed my gold to a 12 month membership and I had a tenure of 3 years, and when I renewed it it got reset to 1 year tenure, did this happen to anyone else? I tried clearing the cache, redownloading my profile and it does not work, anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hmm sounds odd. I would say that you'll have to ring Microsoft on this one. I once let my membership ran out so my profile went silver, but after using a pre-paid card my 7 year tenure came back. Leave it a few days and see if anything changes. If not contact MS.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Thanks, I'll contact ms if its like that in a few days

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Crackdown is free today up until the 16th or 17th. It's a good early Xbox game that lets you play with friends in the single player campaign.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:56 AM Edited by gtavpoliceimprovements, 10 August 2013 - 01:01 AM.

Hey Guys

Anyone know how to get a picture of your Avatar Like this:

I got it biggrin.gif

Cheers

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

Hey guys, I need some help.
So, my dad helped me fix my Xbox after the disk tray got stuck. Only problem now is that the wireless controller won't connect to the Xbox. It turns on, but all four lights keep flashing. I tried re-syncing, but it won't work. Anyone have an idea what is going on?

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (The Viperman @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 21:06)
Hey guys, I need some help.
So, my dad helped me fix my Xbox after the disk tray got stuck. Only problem now is that the wireless controller won't connect to the Xbox. It turns on, but all four lights keep flashing. I tried re-syncing, but it won't work. Anyone have an idea what is going on?

When was the last time you changed the batteries? The batteries could be the problem. confused.gif

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

I changed the batteries and it still gave me the same problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users