Official Xbox 360 Topic

10,102 replies to this topic
friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Is the disc try sticky? As for the lag, it always goes slow when there are lots of police about in GTA IV but I've never had an issue with RDR. The best you could do no is just wipe your console with a damp cloth. Did the spilled coffee go into any vents?

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 13:13)
Are you saying your disc drive opens and closes on its own? Make sure there's no grease on the button because it may be conducting. For the noise, there is no setting on the dashboard sadly that will allow you to disable the ding.

I disconnected the strip running from the xbox to the touch buttons, although i have to use the controller to turn on and open the disc tray its better than hearing the power button and disc tray sounds.

Is anyone with virgin media and having trouble connecting to Xbox live? I have only started having problems since Xbox live went down last week. I have checked the servers on xbox.com and it says there all up and running so i have no idea whats going on.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 16:47)
Are you saying your disc drive opens and closes on its own? Make sure there's no grease on the button because it may be conducting. For the noise, there is no setting on the dashboard sadly that will allow you to disable the ding.

I disconnected the strip running from the xbox to the touch buttons, although i have to use the controller to turn on and open the disc tray its better than hearing the power button and disc tray sounds.

Is anyone with virgin media and having trouble connecting to Xbox live? I have only started having problems since Xbox live went down last week. I have checked the servers on xbox.com and it says there all up and running so i have no idea whats going on.

What sort of issues are you having when trying to connect to Live?

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 15:59)
QUOTE (Red XIII @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 16:47)

What sort of issues are you having when trying to connect to Live?

Its all sorted now, i rang up my IP and they fixed it.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

On the slim model, does anybody else find the touch sensor that opens the disc tray to be incredibly unpractical? If i go to change the HDMI connection over or plug in my Ethernet cable at the back of the console, even if i slightly graze the area the tray will open.
Much prefer to have a button there, such a small thing but it really bugs me.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 19:22)
On the slim model, does anybody else find the touch sensor that opens the disc tray to be incredibly unpractical?

Not so much impractical as too sensitive. I can't tell you how many times one of my cats or dogs has turned on the xbox because they nose bump the eject sensor. Aside from the fact that I don't like having my xbox powered on when I'm not using it - I'm just waiting for one of the dogs to paw down the [opened] tray and cause some damage.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

Now, I believe I remember a specific member was a big fan of the Kinect, but can't remember who it is now...pretty sure it's you, Trip? Anyway, looking to blow the dust off my Kinect and start using it to do some fitness with, but could do with some recommendations on what games tend to be the best, if anyone on here has/does use their kinect for fitness...?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

Don't have a Kinect but the only fitness game that comes to mind is the UFC one.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 18:46)
Now, I believe I remember a specific member was a big fan of the Kinect, but can't remember who it is now...pretty sure it's you, Trip? Anyway, looking to blow the dust off my Kinect and start using it to do some fitness with, but could do with some recommendations on what games tend to be the best, if anyone on here has/does use their kinect for fitness...?

Yes it is me. I think I am the only Kinect fan here tounge2.gif .

I use and like EA Active 2 for my fitness stuff. It comes with a heart monitor which is pretty cool. It does a real good job of mixing up the exercises and keeping things fresh. It has a pretty cool scheduling feature - so you are kind of forced to keep your workout routine going. You can use resistance bands, but it also can be set to work with free weights. It's fun because you can sit there and bitch at your personal trainer and she just smiles and takes it. biggrin.gif

EA has since killed the game and servers(never needed or used the servers myself) so I'm guessing it is pretty inexpensive to pick up these days.

As far as games. Kinect sports 1 & 2 are fun for some silly time. The only game I regularly play that uses the Kinect camera stuff is Tiger Woods.

Now that a bunch of games support voice commands that can be pretty convenient. ME3, Skyrim, Madden...

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 10:22)
On the slim model, does anybody else find the touch sensor that opens the disc tray to be incredibly unpractical? If i go to change the HDMI connection over or plug in my Ethernet cable at the back of the console, even if i slightly graze the area the tray will open.
Much prefer to have a button there, such a small thing but it really bugs me.

I thought the slim had button buttons? Or you mean the super slim?

My Fat PS3 on a few occasions annoyed me when I was cleaning the PS3 while waiting for an online match to start and it ejects disc.
Otherwise I like the button, it's pretty cool.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

As far as I know there's only one slim model, the "Xbox 360 S".

I don't like touch-sensitive buttons in general. It's just a gimmick that's not practical in the slightest. It often takes me way too many tries to turn on or off my PC monitor (especially when my room is dark) and I had to place my Xbox further back because I kept on opening the disc tray with my toe.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Booze T @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 01:14)
As far as I know there's only one slim model, the "Xbox 360 S".

Yeah, I just realized now this is the xbox topic haha.

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

The touch screen buttons on the older PS3 models were so classy and sophisticated and i love the pressure sensitive buttons on the PS3 controller. Just simple but great ideas.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 13:03)
QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 18:46)

Yes it is me. I think I am the only Kinect fan here tounge2.gif .

I use and like EA Active 2 for my fitness stuff. It comes with a heart monitor which is pretty cool. It does a real good job of mixing up the exercises and keeping things fresh. It has a pretty cool scheduling feature - so you are kind of forced to keep your workout routine going. You can use resistance bands, but it also can be set to work with free weights. It's fun because you can sit there and bitch at your personal trainer and she just smiles and takes it. biggrin.gif

Now there's a surprise, EA killing the servers to one of their games...

I used to own EA Active for the Wii, and it really did do the trick doing one of them workouts on a nightly basis, so may definitely have to pick that one up at some point then. Cheers, Trip. smile.gif

Whilst I'm here, does anyone know what happened to the Gears Of War II servers for MP? I tried searching Google but nothing comes up about it. I can't get into any of the MP game modes, just stays on the 'Finding Players' bit...have they killed the servers?

P*sses me off, they should remove the achievements for games when they kill the servers...

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

Alright, so... Today I woke up, decided to be a bit lazy before going to school. Turned on the sexbox, and when I did, my power brick made weird noises. Kinda like it was overheating. At first, I thought it was my USB Hard Drive that I have connected, but I examined further and found out it was the brick.

I'm pretty scared, cause I don't have a ton of money right now and I'm hosting a GTA IV event on Saturday. Any help? Advice? Does anybody know whats wrong?

Thank you.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

If its making weird noises then I don't think it's safe for you to use it, it could be sparking and could catch on fire. And for the love of god don't try and fix it. happy.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

It only makes the noise when it first turns on, then it's fine. It makes a whining noise. I'll record a video tomorrow when I get home...

Should I unplug it for the night?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

Sorry for the bump !!

This time it's not the power brick I don't think. All of my cables are connected properly and I'm playing GTA IV right now and the top of the screen keeps flickering. What do I do?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

Start prepping for a funeral, I think video problems are symptoms of the E74 error, is it the older Xbox's?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

It's a 4gb Slim.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

Maybe the tv is going out, have you tried on another tv?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

Just did, it still does it sad.gif

Guess I need to prepare huh?

xXGayKillaXx
  • xXGayKillaXx

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

Do you think a new/final xbox360 model will come out sometime soon?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

Maybe for an anniversary of the slim model. But I doubt it.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Check your cables. Try different HDMI cable, different HDMI input in TV and try connecting xbox via component. If the screen will flicker it could be E74 as Erebos suggested.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

A. f*ck

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Monday, May 20 2013, 08:45)
Check your cables. Try different HDMI cable, different HDMI input in TV and try connecting xbox via component. If the screen will flicker it could be E74 as Erebos suggested.

I was just thinking this. Those HDMI cables have some fragile connectors. It could be possible that it is damaged in some way. Video flicker is odd though, I have had PC's that have displayed screen artifacts when the video card gets too warm.

xXGayKillaXx
  • xXGayKillaXx

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Monday, May 20 2013, 13:00)

I'm planning on getting a 360 but I'm looking forward to the "slimmest" model possible.
By looking at the PS3's and recent 360 slim releases, it seems that the slimmer it is, the less power it consumes.

I don't want to spend my savings just to regret later on. suicidal.gif suicidal.gif
I'll probably buy one later this year or early next year.
I'm still looking forward if the nextgen Xbox has BC.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (xXGayKillaXx @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 02:23)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Monday, May 20 2013, 13:00)

I'm planning on getting a 360 but I'm looking forward to the "slimmest" model possible.
By looking at the PS3's and recent 360 slim releases, it seems that the slimmer it is, the less power it consumes.

I don't want to spend my savings just to regret later on. suicidal.gif suicidal.gif
I'll probably buy one later this year or early next year.
I'm still looking forward if the nextgen Xbox has BC.

They aren't going to release a slimmer model I don't think, developing smaller chip sizes and all of that takes a fair bit of time and money, it's not worthwhile so close to the new Xbox One.

Unless they hope people stock up on 360's for memorabilia or something like that. But I really think they want to push the new consoles.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 03:41)
Alright, so... Today I woke up, decided to be a bit lazy before going to school. Turned on the sexbox, and when I did, my power brick made weird noises. Kinda like it was overheating. At first, I thought it was my USB Hard Drive that I have connected, but I examined further and found out it was the brick.

I've had that problem for a while now - it's very loud, but there has been no difference in performance since it started - and I wear headphones.

After 5 1/2 years of 360 gaming I think there is only one game purchase left on the horizon - and it's a biggie - GTA V. It should keep me occupied until I get a PS4.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

Xbox is advertising a Love film promotion. Basically you sign up for the 30 day trial, and at the end of it when they take the payment (Which is only 4.99 for the streaming service) You get 1600 Microsoft points.
Many advantages to this:

A. You get 30 days free to watch as many films and shows as you like.
B. At the end of the trial you only pay 5 for 1600, then you can cancel your account straight away tounge.gif

So even if you have no intention of keeping it, you can cancel it once you have your points. I thought it was a seriously good offer, won't get 1600 MS points for 5 anywhere else tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users