Photo

Official Xbox 360 Topic

10,102 replies to this topic
Torcidas
  • Torcidas

rm -rf /

• Members

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:24 PM

Alright, so on Friday I'm going to get my Xbox. I'm gonna buy that bundle SIP mentioned, with an extra controller and Halo 3. Shouldn't cost no more than 500 with tax. I'm excited. This is my first system since the N64. blush.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:25 PM

A very good choice for your first new system!

I heard that there was going to be free gold membership for the week after halo is released. Is this true?

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (GTAThomas @ Sep 22 2007, 19:25)
A very good choice for your first new system!

I heard that there was going to be free gold membership for the week after halo is released. Is this true?

thats what i've heard, hopefully its true - would be a good offer.

Anyway, does anybody know how to change the MAC address of the 360? I need to do it so then i can get on live here, but i though the MAC address was unique to the system but i guess i was wrong. Any help?

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:24 AM

Xbox.com is playing up with me again.

Ever since the new server upgrade by Microsoft the other week it's been a bitch. I have been able to browse the forums fine now but every so often it won't load up and to get it working again i need to go into my internet options and delete my temporary internet files, cookies, history, forum data and passwords just for it to load the page up as normal.

Also since the server upgrade i am not able to post on the Xbox forums or even send a Xbox Live message via the website because it just doesn't load anything up and the page just crashes.

Anyone know what's oing on or how to even fix it. sad.gif

GTA fan
  • GTA fan

Toon Army

• Members

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:16 PM

Someone plese help me, i got a 360 a couple of days ago and im trying to set it up to xbox live but it wnt let me. my computer is hooked up to bt broadband via a wireless router so i understand i can eith plug the 360 into the computer or router, when i plug it in it says it cant connect and when i test the connection it fails at the ip address, how do i fix this?? any help is appreciated

GTA fan
  • GTA fan

Toon Army

• Members

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:20 PM

sorry guys just ignore that post i just realised i hadnt set the settings on the xbox to automatically accept the ip address suicidal.gif

soleil
  • soleil

Yes, I play video games.

• Members

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:10 PM

Speaking of connecting to xBox live, anyone know how to connect to a wireless network that uses WPA2? Because I can't get it to detect my WPA2 wireless network. But if you try to specify your own network by name, WPA2 is one of the options... but it is greyed-out (can't be selected for some reason).

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• None

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:55 PM

Clive barkers Jericho Demo going up on Live.

Source

Anyone downloaded it yet? Been looking forward to seeing some more of this. Can't get it myself because the daughter has taken over my main TV with her Wii.

]Damn you MySims!! mad.gif

TEoS
  • TEoS

Prepare for trouble...

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (MyMothersMySister @ Sep 27 2007, 08:55)
Clive barkers Jericho Demo going up on Live.

Source

Anyone downloaded it yet? Been looking forward to seeing some more of this. Can't get it myself because the daughter has taken over my main TV with her Wii.

]Damn you MySims!! mad.gif

Just downloaded it (was really fast, only about 5 minutes worth of gameplay) and it's not very good to be honest. The weapons aren't very satisfying to use, it's not scary, and the Simon Says action pieces are really retarded as you don't get enough time to react so you have to do the same thing over and over until you memorize what you have to do..

Big thumbs down. Maybe the full game will be better.

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:08 AM

Awesome news. I'm getting $280 for my Birthday, all going to the give MOP 360 games cause. biggrin.gif

Doink
  • Doink

:O

• The Precinct

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:12 AM

In about two weeks I'm getting a fat $2100 refund check from the financial aid office at my school. biggrin.gif

So guess what part of that is going towards...

I'm looking for suggestions. I'm getting "Skate." for sure with the 360, and I'm considering a second choice of a game.

Keep this in mind though: I'm not much of an FPS fan.

I like action/adventure, sports, and RPG games the most.

Sock it to me.

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (Doink @ Sep 27 2007, 21:12)
In about two weeks I'm getting a fat $2100 refund check from the financial aid office at my school. biggrin.gif

So guess what part of that is going towards...

I'm looking for suggestions. I'm getting "Skate." for sure with the 360, and I'm considering a second choice of a game.

Keep this in mind though: I'm not much of an FPS fan.

I like action/adventure, sports, and RPG games the most.

Sock it to me.

At least get Bioshock! mad.gif

I guess Ace Combat 6, when it comes out. As for already out, I guess Fifa 08 or something.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:26 AM

you should be able to get saints row and dead rising for 30 bucks a peice. 2 must-have games in my book.

Doink
  • Doink

:O

• The Precinct

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Sep 28 2007, 02:26)
you should be able to get saints row and dead rising for 30 bucks a peice. 2 must-have games in my book.

Great! I'll keep that in mind.

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]
  • [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Abandoned

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (Doink @ Sep 28 2007, 02:38)
QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Sep 28 2007, 02:26)

Great! I'll keep that in mind.

Yes deff Dead Rising.

Buy some MS points too.

DOOM for the XBLA is deff worth it as well as Castlevania: SOTN

Also Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is out for the XBLA. If you loved it on the Sega Genisis/Master System then get it. If you haven't played it on the Sega then still get it. One of the best 2-D Sonic games.

Torcidas
  • Torcidas

rm -rf /

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:18 PM

Just came back from Walmart.

I'm unbelievably happy, got the premium with NHL 2k8, Forza 2, and also picked up Halo 3. f*ckin' sick.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:33 PM

I just bought skate. Yay.

But when I stuck it in the drive and closed it. Kapow. The disc tray came back out, making some scratching noises. It didn't scratch the disc, and it still sounds like that with no disc in it.

So yeah, anyone had that problem? Fixable, or do I have to wait another couple of weeks before I can play skate.?

pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:57 PM

Interesting, never had that before, It does sound like it's scratching the disk sometimes, but not alot, the only thing I've noticed is just how noisy the DVD drive of the 360 is.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

Ok this scared the piss outta me. I'm playing Halo 3 campaign, for like 10 minutes, and I get a power outage. My electricity almost immediately comes back like a second later. I look over and... Red. f*cking. Rings. Flashing right there on my 360. Thankfully it was a false alarm and they all turned to green like 15 seconds later. I also just played about half an hour of Guitar Hero II with no problems. Anybody know why I recieved the red rings? I'm thinking since my TV may have taken a while to turn on, it didn't recognize the A/V connection and that's why..I'm hoping it wasn't some oversurge of power that superheated the internal parts or something like that.

Torcidas
  • Torcidas

rm -rf /

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (TheDude5000 @ Sep 28 2007, 13:47)
Ok this scared the piss outta me. I'm playing Halo 3 campaign, for like 10 minutes, and I get a power outage. My electricity almost immediately comes back like a second later. I look over and... Red. f*cking. Rings. Flashing right there on my 360. Thankfully it was a false alarm and they all turned to green like 15 seconds later. I also just played about half an hour of Guitar Hero II with no problems. Anybody know why I recieved the red rings? I'm thinking since my TV may have taken a while to turn on, it didn't recognize the A/V connection and that's why..I'm hoping it wasn't some oversurge of power that superheated the internal parts or something like that.

I dunno, was it plugged into a power surge bar? If not, I suggest you do it, because your system is endangered to shock. But enough of that crap, I'm sure you already know all that.

If it's going on alright now, I'm guessing things should be completely fine. I've had many electronics go on/off repeatedly during power outages, and they just seem to kinda stall for a moment or two, and go back to normal.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (TheDude5000 @ Sep 28 2007, 18:47)

I myself have had this happen to me about 5 times...everything has been fine since...I just don't know what causes it though...

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:00 PM

Aah that's a relief. More good news: Halo 3 AUTO-SAVED my progress, I don't have to start over again! Earlier I thought it didn't, but it did, so yeah.

Gonna get back to it now..

Platinum.
  • Platinum.

El Dinamita

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:12 PM

A few months ago my 360 got the three rings of death and I took it back to Gamestation where I bought it from and they exchanged it for a new one. Now this new one makes really loud buzzing sounds while just on the Dashboard and sometimes when playing games/watching films. It's very random though, like I go into the Marketplace and start downloading something and the buzzing will stop, then I'll return to the Dashboard and it will start up again. The buzzing itself is coming from the TV, not from the console, if you know what I mean.

Also, this has been happening for ages now, it happened with my old 360 too, when I'm playing I'll keep getting a load of little white noise dots over my screen after about five minutes of playing, and it will just get worse and worse until it's unbearable when I'm playing a dark game like Gears of War.

My warranty for Gamestation has ran out, and I don't really want to send my 360 back to Microsoft. I'm not getting the three red rings of death, and if I send it back then I know I probably wont see it again for a few months. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what could be causing the buzzing and/or the white dots all over my screen?

Parky.
  • Parky.

Where's ya mic..?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:51 PM

Make sure your 2 sound plugs and video connector are all in properly. Might be something wrong with your TV though if that doesn't fix it.

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]
  • [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Abandoned

• Members

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:03 PM Edited by [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man], 30 September 2007 - 03:58 AM.

Seems like its the TV's fault. Can u plug in any other devices to the audio ports of the TV your using for the 360 and see if the same thing happens to that. Do you have a DVD or Xbox 1 lying about?

EDIT: Finally got around to the THPG demo.... Wow... this may be the first TH game i will miss. (Played every single one except: THPS 2x, THUG 2 Remix and Downhill Jam.)

Ill stick with skate. thank you very much.

Also: Tried the Crash Of The Titans Demo:

Im a huge old -skool Crash Fan (Thats the first 3 game son Playstaion and Team Racing (NOT TAG TEAM RACING!))

I though this game would suck like every Crash game since the deprture of Naughty Dog. But I was a little impressed with this.

But a fighting system?

And you hve to UNLOCK the spin move?! WTH!!!

'Rotate LS then Hit 'X' repetedly.'

What ever happend to just tapping a button like in the old Crash games.

But at least Radical is trying to pull Crash out of the grave that the other games (Wrath of Cortex onwards) dug for him and buired him.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:28 PM

When regie fils-amine said they aren't worried about halo 3, and said anybody who wants the game already has a 360, he may have been wrong

Xbox 360 console sales more than doubled; nearly 3 million gamers play online via Xbox LIVE.

GTA fan
  • GTA fan

Toon Army

• Members

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:01 PM

Hey i need some help with xbox live. i have a wireless internet connection with a wireless router which is in another room from my pc and xbox. if i connect the ethernet cable from my xbox to the router and set the ip address to automatic it connects fine but its just annoying cause the cable runs through to the other room so it would be handier to connect the xbox to the pc which is in the same room but if i do this it fails at the ip address bit. i think it said something on the somputer that this ip address is already being used by another device probably the router. does anyone know how to get round this problem. any help is appreciated, thanks in advance smile.gif

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:29 AM

user posted image

user posted image

Went into EB today to pick up a new wireless controller because my old one had a busted Left Trigger, and found this baby. I love the color and have gotten used to the blue/white combination.

Now if only I could find a matching blue faceplate, I'd be set smile.gif .

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:43 AM

Did you type that with the controller? wow.gif

Looks awesome. I need a 360 NOW. Damn Christmas is a lazy ass getting here.

norniron
  • norniron

• Members

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:06 PM

Hey I am thinking of getting a new game for my 360 just need to decide which one. I am looking at Halo 3 and Skate. I have never really been a fan of the Halo and I think skate looks really good. Can anybody who has/played both help me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users