» «
Photo

Ryder, look alike in real life.

27 replies to this topic
super_slav
  • super_slav

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:00 PM Edited by lil weasel, 14 September 2011 - 11:59 AM.

Eazy E looks much like Ryder doesnt he.
LOOK: user posted image

darkside000
  • darkside000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:11 PM

this has recently been posted but yea he does

PANDAEMON
  • PANDAEMON

King ov hell and the devil's son

• Members

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:54 AM

this news fer ye?

heck, ryder's charecter WAS based on Eazy e[physically atleast. we know easy e wasnt an asshole]

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:31 AM

Yeah physically but his personality is like lance from vice city (i think)

Check out the "ryder and lance reference" topic

super_slav
  • super_slav

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:33 AM Edited by dro0001, 13 September 2007 - 08:36 AM.

Yeah i found out when i was on the itunes store and i was like WTF. LOL. And he eaven wears a similar hat but instead ryders says LS not SX and eazy e's rel name is Eric Lynn Wright and Ryder says your always mr wright odd.

Gangsta007
  • Gangsta007

Gangsta niggah

• Members

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (dro0001 @ Sep 13 2007, 08:33)
Yeah i found out when i was on the itunes store and i was like WTF. LOL. And he eaven wears a similar hat but instead ryders says LS not SX and eazy e's rel name is Eric Lynn Wright and Ryder says your always mr wright odd.

Ryder says "Mr Right",not Wright
  • Bjunih likes this

King Mystery
  • King Mystery

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:42 PM Edited by lil weasel, 14 September 2011 - 12:00 PM.

I think that was the intention.
This one looks even more like him:
user posted image

MyDog
  • MyDog

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:42 PM

Congratulations, you bumped a thread that died four years ago. sarcasm.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

"Coinsidence," says Rockstar.
These are cartoon figures why would they intentionaly use a likeness that they would have to license?
But, this will be a neverending discussion.
There are only so many faces and variations. Maybe the Artist had a face in the back of the mind when rendering the illustration. I don't think we will ever know for sure, other than the statement "Coinsidence."

King Mystery
  • King Mystery

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (MyDog @ Tuesday, Jul 5 2011, 16:42)
Congratulations, you bumped a thread that died four years ago. sarcasm.gif

I didn't even realize that. But why was it on then first page then?

SirKnight2012
  • SirKnight2012

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:01 PM

lmfao for a second

I thought it wouldnt be that "eazy e"

and I thought it would be somebody else

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

doesn't this topic kinda related to this link.?

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=478301

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

Only in that it also relates to Wilson. This topic is the nonsense about how the cartoon looks like somebody and the Other is about the 'size' of Wilson.
Reading them might make that clear.

JuniorCarl
  • JuniorCarl

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

Doesn't San Andreas character RYDER look like rapper Eazy - E user posted image
user posted image

CameronTheRyan
  • CameronTheRyan

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:47 AM Edited by lil weasel, 13 August 2013 - 02:14 PM.

EDIT: << 'New' topic merged into existing topic >>

I am working on beating GTA:SA on PC since I never did when I owned it for PS2. I'm on Zero's second mission, and I was thinking Ryder looks a bit like rappers Eazy-E and Wiz Khalifa! A bit strange since you don't see Ryder in this part of the game but i don't know...

Ryder

user posted image

Eazy-E

user posted image

Wiz Khalifa

user posted image

MyDog
  • MyDog

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

It isn't really a coincidence, Ryder's appearance was modeled after Eazy-E.

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:19 AM

Eazy E aka Ryder

And if its not Eazy E they can make it a Eazy E skin on ryder for PC

but it would have been something for Trevor to meet ryder in THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

GroveStreetOG92
  • GroveStreetOG92

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:32 PM Edited by GroveStreetOG92, 21 August 2016 - 11:32 PM.

EDIT:  << "new" topic merged into existing topic >>
Ryder is not based on Eazy-E #Facts

I'm sick of people saying that's Eazy-E that is not Eazy-E. He's not even based on Eazy-E. Eazy-E wasn't the only rapper who wore Khaki suites,Locs sunglasses with Jheri curl. DJ Quick,MC Eith(Who plays Ryder),Ice Cube,BG Knocc Out and Snoop Doggy Dogg all had that same exact style. That's not suppose to be Eazy.
  • lil weasel likes this

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:12 AM

Eazy-Ryder.jpg

#FACT

Check that out! I can make my hashtag font big too! :happy:

You may believe Ryder is based of Santa Claus...if you want...

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:51 AM

"Coinsidence," says Rockstar.
These are cartoon figures why would they intentionaly use a likeness that they would have to license?
But, this will be a neverending discussion.
There are only so many faces and variations. Maybe the Artist had a face in the back of the mind when rendering the illustration. I don't think we will ever know for sure, other than the statement "Coinsidence."

VSVP
  • VSVP

Racist Moron

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:59 AM

ryder's character/personality obviously wasn't based off Eazys, but the look/clothes were definitely inspired off Eazy

CesarCorona
  • CesarCorona

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:55 PM Edited by CesarCorona, 22 August 2016 - 08:56 PM.

He wasn't Easy-E? No sh!t!?

The figure gives the impression of the looks of E, No question. Ryder wore green, Easy wore Black.
I'll say it again, the figure gives the impression of E. The style, The hat forward, everything. Ryder was an a@@hole....lol. You gots to love this character though.

Cruising Down The Street in my 6'4....Easy E

GroveStreetOG92
  • GroveStreetOG92

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:43 AM

The figure gives the impression of the looks of E, No question. Ryder wore green, Easy wore Black.
I'll say it again, the figure gives the impression of E. The style, The hat forward, everything. Ryder was an a@@hole....lol. You gots to love this character though.

Best character in on the game wish he was the playable character but it's all good CJ still a authentic OG from Grove Street.

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

Space Marine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:16 PM

Best character in on the game wish he was the playable character but it's all good CJ still a authentic OG from Grove Street.

You came straight out of 2007

GroveStreetOG92
  • GroveStreetOG92

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:37 AM

You came straight out of 2007

Im stuck in the past bro. I been living in the past since I was a kid. Who ever still plays this masterpiece is living in the past.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:02 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 28 August 2016 - 04:04 PM.

Okay, being famillair with many aspects of culture and society this issue has some things that must be clarified.   Being Old School R&B and Rap Educated, Easy-E was who he was yet as his friends, colleges and family later pointed out it was Their Manager that instigated the troubles between Easy-E, Ice-Cube and the rest of the NWA Crew, as a political&publicity stunt move to diversify income through instigating rivalry.  Many of the others involved in the many other groups they have each been involved with have verified and specified the particulars of this issue.

Yes, at the time Ryder was based on the looks and projected attitude of Easy-E yet, to keep on point and keep our own integrity, let us be straight up about the causes of those issues.  Many of the people in the industry strategize to manipulate people, including through the instigation of conflict, to diversify their financial portfolios at the expense of the beliefs and relationships of the lives of others.  It's called Being Played

You don't have to be a sucker to be played.  You just have to make the mistake of believing that you are above being caught slipping when others have targeted you to be played or not be the one being played when one of your own is being played and have only the option of damage control to focus on.

For the record, everyone gets played and it's not whether or not you get played that is the issue as it is what you decide to learn from it.   It is what you decide to do after the game has been run on you and others that counts.

The world will butcher your life for their amusement and laugh you beyond the grave and into the afterlife if you are not careful.  It is part of how others prey upon the living as if they are less than cattle for their own multifaceted purposes.  This is well recognized within many industries and especially in The Music Industry.

Be Straight Up and keep your people close to your heart or they, LIKE YOU, will get lost in it.

As for Easy-E, I'm not going to be anywhere where people get torn down without reviewing other things that are known about the issues post mortem, it's undignified.

Absar J Khan
  • Absar J Khan

Proud Fighter

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best USB citizen 2016

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:45 PM

Honestly,Ryder looks like a Rapper,If he is a rapper,He will beat OG Loc

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:32 PM Edited by lil weasel, 28 August 2016 - 09:35 PM.

Seems to me that all the slumlords will try to look like something important.

Trousers around their knees, hats tilted in some "street savvy" manor.

Why it is so important to make a CARTOON character a "Based On"?

In what way does it improve the game play?

In what way does it enhance the story?

It is certainly lacking  all the importance of Foghorn J. Leghorn being inspired by the popular character of Senator Beauregard Claghorn,

• HolyGrenadeFrenzy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users