Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:06 PM

My PC is as follows;
Vista home premium
2GB RAM
AMD Athlon 64 dual core 6000+ 3 GHz
Nvidia GEForce 8500GT

Problem is as follows, my copy of San Andreas worked fine with XP, my new PC installs the game fine. But when i try to start the game i get the following message:

Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert oringinal disc in another drive?:.

My copy is an orignal, i only have th eone CD/DVD drive. I have updated my drives firmware and anything else possible.
I have tried changing the icon's compatability to XP and win 98 but no change there.

Any help would be most appreciated! I love this game and I need it in my life!

Thanks!

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:06 AM

Well, if nothing works, you could try applying a no-cd patch.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:42 PM

Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert oringinal disc in another drive?:.

Are you sure the disc is in the correct drive?

QUOTE (girishb)

He could try reinstalling too.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (Ring_of_Fire @ Sep 12 2007, 18:12)

Are you sure the disc is in the correct drive?

He has mentioned that he has only one CD/DVD ROM drive. Maybe the game is unable to detect the disk in the drive, that's why I suggested a no-cd patch.
Re-installing he might try, but I thought he might have tried that already.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:13 PM

Try to install Patch v1.01 just for the sake of getting the latest of everytihing.

Note that if your game is legit, problems like this shouldn't occur. You must be doing something wrong...

Try taking out the disc and see what error messages comes up. If it asks for the disc, then insert it and try again to see if the game launches.

If still no luck, autorun the game and run San Andreas from there or inside your DVD-ROM's root directory. Other things to try is compatibility mode and other administrative privilege options like "Run As Administrator" etc. Also, I'd disable UAC.

mikengreene
  • mikengreene

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for your help guys, but i'm still having no luck.

I have reinstalled and the same message comes up. barf8bd.gif

I tried a no-cd patch, but when i ran this i got a message file vorbisfile.dll could not be found.
I have looked in other places for help and all i can see is a second edition of GTA San Andreas, i could well have the first edition. Is this a problem? Why is the 1st edition not supported?

I also tried running as administrator which produced nothing. Ring_of_fire mentioned disabling UAC. What is UAC? Sorry i'm not that knowledgable on the technical stuff mad.gif

Cheers guys.

VCHolmes
  • VCHolmes

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (mikengreene @ Sep 13 2007, 00:38)
What is UAC?

User Account Control.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:22 AM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 16 September 2007 - 12:24 AM.

Which drive did you installed San Andreas first? It has to be the DVD-ROM, and no other virtual drives!!!

Completely uninstall Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120% if you have it. No need for those if your game is legit...

Now:

1. "Add or Remove Programs" and uninstall SA.
2. Delete C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\San Andreas,
3. Try reinstalling and launching again. (Restart if necessary)

lowridincrew
  • lowridincrew

The WerkHeads Vice President

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:40 AM

I got the same problem nothing is working, it was working at first but now ?

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:14 AM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 16 September 2007 - 02:55 AM.

QUOTE (lowridincrew @ Sep 15 2007, 20:40)

Please give to us a screenshot of your original SA disc for inspection... biggrin.gif

Via digital capture, mobile phone, scanner, etc.

moto_whistle.gif

shaxmatist
  • shaxmatist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (mikengreene @ Sep 11 2007, 22:06)
My PC is as follows;
Vista home premium
2GB RAM
AMD Athlon 64 dual core 6000+ 3 GHz
Nvidia GEForce 8500GT

Problem is as follows, my copy of San Andreas worked fine with XP, my new PC installs the game fine.  But when i try to start the game i get the following message:

My copy is an orignal, i only have th eone CD/DVD drive.  I have updated my drives firmware and anything else possible. 
I have tried changing the icon's compatability to XP and win 98 but no change there.

Any help would be most appreciated!  I love this game and I need it in my life!

Thanks!

I am experiencing the same problem as mikengreene. I also have a duo core system.
I have also tried disabling UAC, running as admin, XP emulation, reinstallation in a different
directory and more ... all to no avail. I suspect some sort of Vista security control needs to
be changed or else it simply won't run on a duo core system. Any definitive ideas?

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:30 PM

I am experiencing the same problem as mikengreene. I also have a duo core system.
I have also tried disabling UAC, running as admin, XP emulation, reinstallation in a different
directory and more ... all to no avail. I suspect some sort of Vista security control needs to
be changed or else it simply won't run on a duo core system. Any definitive ideas?

Did you buy the game? We will not be troubleshooting warez as most problems have something to do with it.

Please sumbit a screenshot of your SA disc and confirm that it is 1.46GB in size in Add/Remove Programs...

shaxmatist
  • shaxmatist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:30 AM

Here is an image of my disc:

user posted image

and user manual:

user posted image

This is a legitimate problem assoctiated with the Vista O/S, users
of warez notwithstanding.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:04 AM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 21 September 2007 - 11:49 AM.

If you installed Patch v1.01 try to remove it completely by uninstalling/reinstalling the game.

Now autorun the game and try again. If it still fails, then go into Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL), and shut down "gta_sa.exe" process if it's listed. Now relaunch the game again.

Yo, try right-clicking on the executable and selecting "Run As Administror". Now click on ALLOW. moto_whistle.gif

Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert oringinal disc in another drive?:

Normally that error message happens to people who burnt the game or virtualized it. It shouldn't happen to legit games running on a high-quality DVD-ROM drive with the latest firmware. The SecuROM information is built into those legit DVD's already unless you tried to patch the hell out of the game's executable with patches like the v1.01 "No More Hot Coffee".

QUOTE (girishb)

This is to be done as a last resort. It would totally destroy the purpose of having a legit game. But anyway, if you guys give up, then try it. However, if it were me, I would keep on trying and not try to find the easier way out! biggrin.gif

My copy is an orignal, i only have th eone CD/DVD drive.

I am experiencing the same problem as mikengreene.

Did you guys disabled UAC, delete [.set] file, run the game in Windows 98/ME compaitiblity and reboot computer? Also, please confirm something for me: Is your San Andreas 4.68GB's in size in Control Panel -> Programs and Features? Just want to be sure you did a "Complete" install so that the game installs correctly.

If nothin' helps, then...
1. Uninstall San Andreas in "Programs & Features".
2. Delete "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\San Andreas" folder.
3. Try reinstalling and launching again. (Restart if necessary)

But if you guys aren't having much success with San Andreas v1.0, you can try the Second Edition or the GTA Triple Pack. alien.gif

VCHolmes
  • VCHolmes

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:11 AM

People, this is mikengreene's topic. Please create a new topic, even if you're experiencing the same problem.
If you want to run San Andreas on a single core, run the game in Windows 98 compatibility mode.

lowridincrew
  • lowridincrew

The WerkHeads Vice President

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:47 PM

I Found Out How To fix It!
CODE
1. Uninstall It
2. Restart Your Computer In Safe Mode
3. Install GTA: San Andreas In Safe Mode
4. Install The Patch In Safe Mode
5. Restart Your Computer
6. Play The Game Normally!

shaxmatist
  • shaxmatist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 12:04 PM

Thank you everyone for your efforts. I contacted GTA support and they provided a solution which works perfectly for my system. The graphics and performance are incredible. I would not recommend add-ons or hacks. There is a simple solution for legitimate users. Thanks, ring-of-fire, for your advice. btw, it doesn't involve running under a subset of Vista or a single core for those of you who offered that advice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users