Photo

Official PS3 Topic

9,850 replies to this topic
GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

I ended up buying a Super Slim. The Slim wasn't even available anywhere. Managed to transfer the data from my old unit to the new one this morning, after some problems last night.

I've noticed the console gets hot in the back even after using it as short as 20 - 30 minutes, but perhaps that is not that much of a problem. I just hope I won't have any major problems like some people on the Internet.

Thanks, you two. Time to get back to V!

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

I ended up buying a Super Slim. The Slim wasn't even available anywhere. Managed to transfer the data from my old unit to the new one this morning, after some problems last night.

I've noticed the console gets hot in the back even after using it as short as 20 - 30 minutes, but perhaps that is not that much of a problem. I just hope I won't have any major problems like some people on the Internet.

Thanks, you two. Time to get back to V!

If you want it to last, Put a game case underneath it on either side (Left and right) leaving a gap in the middle for air to flow through. The CPU is on the bottom, it gets extremely hot, yet there is rarely airflow underneath.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

I had my fat PS3 set up like this, on two empty cans, and I believe it helped a ton. I was thinking about doing the same with the Super Slim, not too sure if it'll work since there are some air vents on the underside, but I'll see if I can do something about it.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

I just signed into PSN, only to discover that my whole friend list has disappeared WTF!!!!

My messages are all still there in my inbox, so what the hell happened here?

xreyuk
  • xreyuk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Hey guys

Been playing on my fat 60GB PS3, but have got my hands on a 320GB super slim.

I was going to use the PS3 Data Transfer Utility to move everything to the new PS3, does anyone know if this will cause problems with GTA V?

I was also wondering if anyone had used it before? I'm looking for some clarification on a couple of steps.

Thanks.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

Hey guys

I was going to use the PS3 Data Transfer Utility to move everything to the new PS3, does anyone know if this will cause problems with GTA V?

I was also wondering if anyone had used it before? I'm looking for some clarification on a couple of steps.

Thanks.

I've done it before multiple times, it shouldn't effect GTA, you might have to remove your account from your old PS3 in a certain way though, not just deleting it from the user list, there is something in the settings list i think that allows you to properly remove your account from the old PS3. 

xreyuk
  • xreyuk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Hey guys

Thanks.

I've done it before multiple times, it shouldn't effect GTA, you might have to remove your account from your old PS3 in a certain way though, not just deleting it from the user list, there is something in the settings list i think that allows you to properly remove your account from the old PS3. 

Thanks..

Yeah there is an option to de-activate the account on the old PS3.

I'm assuming I have to create the new profile and login via PSN on the new PS3 before the transfer starts?

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hey guys

Thanks.

Thanks..

I'm assuming I have to create the new profile and login via PSN on the new PS3 before the transfer starts?

I'm not sure to be honest, i would think so yeah, i'm gonna have to go through this process once again soon also. I remember it being relatively straight forward. 

xreyuk
  • xreyuk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hey guys

Thanks.

Thanks..

I'm not sure to be honest, i would think so yeah, i'm gonna have to go through this process once again soon also. I remember it being relatively straight forward. 

Cheers, thanks mate.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

You guys still think it's worth picking one up? I see some on eBay for like $180 (slim model)

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

You guys still think it's worth picking one up? I see some on eBay for like $180 (slim model)

Well next generation is just around the corner, and the slim is definitely the best version of the PS3, if the folks on the internet with loads of problems are any guide anyway, the Super Slim has too many issues I feel. If you want a PS3 to go back and play once we switch to next generation, sometime soon would be a good time to buy, because I am not sure they produce the regular PS3 slim any more.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:08 AM Edited by fireguy109, 24 November 2013 - 03:09 AM.

Thread resurrection.

I have been using my PS3 without problems for about two years now. It used to run fine in HD, and but lately it has stopped working right. All I can get from it is 480p, using the HDMI cables. The cable itself doesn't seem to be the problem. When I test 720p I get a flash of it working for about half a second - literally that long, I can see it and it looks just like it used to then I get a 'no signal' or 'invalid signal' error from my TV until it resets to 480 again. I've tried wiggling the connection, messing around with the angle, and it used to pop back and magically start working again, but I can't get it to stay for more than a week or two. Yesterday the HD wonked out again and i wasn't able to get the HD back at all. Y'all got any advice? It's out of warranty and it's a Slim.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

Then it's either your PS3 or your TV. Unless the cable has loose wires or the metal thing inside it is damaged, I don't see any other alternative.

_GTAFREAK_
  • _GTAFREAK_

Hustler

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

I have a question:

I might be buying a PS3, the 12 gb version of it (because it's cheaper than the others and I don't feel like spending too much money on a PS3 right now) but I'd like to ask you guys if there's any way I can increase the storage capability of the PS3, you know, maybe buying an external HD and plug it to the PS3 so I can use it to store/install everything I need to play the games I'll buy.

Will this work or not?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:35 AM Edited by AceKingston, 07 December 2013 - 05:37 AM.

I have a question:

I might be buying a PS3, the 12 gb version of it (because it's cheaper than the others and I don't feel like spending too much money on a PS3 right now) but I'd like to ask you guys if there's any way I can increase the storage capability of the PS3, you know, maybe buying an external HD and plug it to the PS3 so I can use it to store/install everything I need to play the games I'll buy.

Yes you can but you can get a 320 GB PS3 for like 180$ on Ebay.

Honestly, even at this point I'd say it's worth picking one up even with the next-gen consoles released just for the great library of games (TLOU, GTA V, Uncharted, Fallout) so if you don't mind about the upcoming games but want to try the older ones, then it definitely is worth it.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

I have a question:

Will this work or not?

You can't store/install games on an external HD for PS3 but you can upgrade the the internal storage with the compatible HD (only FAT 32).

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=517Ic4pPAMo

Source- I have 12gb PS3 which I upgraded it to 120gb!

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

If anyone here was on my friends list (Futurama_Freak1) I made a new account: Freakorama01 because I was sick of my old name.

• Rewas514 likes this

_GTAFREAK_
  • _GTAFREAK_

Hustler

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

@AceKingston and @UtricularEwe001

Thanks for the answers. I guess I'll just try to buy a PS3 with a higher storage capability... after seeing some videos and hearing some opinions, I've realised that 12GB PS3 aren't really worth it.

I might be buying a 500 GB PS3, it's a lot more expensive than I was expecting but I don't really give a damn, I just want to play some more recent games, that's all.

Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

Let's say that I've bought a PSN card and I have bought a couple of games and downloaded them on my PS3.

If I connect to my PSN account from my friend's PS3, will I be able to play these games from his console, too?

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:49 AM Edited by Rewas514, 06 January 2014 - 11:50 AM.

Let's say that I've bought a PSN card and I have bought a couple of games and downloaded them on my PS3.

If I connect to my PSN account from my friend's PS3, will I be able to play these games from his console, too?

I know for a fact that you can play the same downloaded game on two or three PSN accounts on the same console, but I don't know about playing on another console. It might be the same thing.

You should ask the same question in PS3 forums or wait for another answer here.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:12 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 07 January 2014 - 12:14 PM.

You can download them and play them on his PS3 but only 2 consoles at the same time can do this so basicly you have to deactivete your account on your ps3 or his if you wnat to download them on a third console.

Sorry for my english.

• Bull12345Bull likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

I know for a fact that you can play the same downloaded game on two or three PSN accounts on the same console, but I don't know about playing on another console. It might be the same thing.

You should ask the same question in PS3 forums or wait for another answer here.

You can play the same downloaded game on the same console on two accounts. That's a fact.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:44 AM

Kinda bummed about them still being so high in price when consoles like the Gamecube back then and now the Wii, even some 360' can rarely be found for $100. Been waiting all gen just to play a few exclusives and want to play mgs4 before ground zeroes comes out but am on a tight budget. Guess I'll have to sell a ton of my older games.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

February's PlayStation Plus games are :

BioShock Infinite

Metro Last Light

http://blog.eu.plays...t-outlast-more/

Sweet! My poor Backlog :(

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

February's PlayStation Plus games are :

BioShock Infinite

Metro Last Light

http://blog.eu.plays...t-outlast-more/

Sweet! My poor Backlog :(

US people had BioShock this whole month :p 

i hit a jackpot with ps+, got all 12 free games :)

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

PlayStationPlus worth it?

How many free games can you download per month and once the offers end can you still download it for free? for example each month you get free games but when it comes to the next month can you still download the previous free games?

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

You need to read the above comments. Read Utricular's post specifically.

You get Bioshock Infinite and Metro for free on PS +. If the offer ends, of course you can't get it for free, there is no logic nor any sense in that. And why would you want to download the previous games again the following month? If you delete it to replace it with another game, then fine and yes you can download the previous one again as it is in the download history in your account management. And per month, there are quite a few games on offers and not too many for free.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

Note that these games will be unusable when you PS+ subscription ends (unless you renew it of course).

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

^

Yes.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

PlayStationPlus worth it?

How many free games can you download per month and once the offers end can you still download it for free? for example each month you get free games but when it comes to the next month can you still download the previous free games?

Yes its worth it, usually it is around 3 games, not sure but from the end of the month ps+ previews it is usually 3 games for ps3 and some for vita/ps4. Once a game leaves the rotation thats it you can't get it anymore. So do yourself a favor and "buy" everything in the Instant game collection. You'll thank me when you get the urge to play a game but it is a few days too late. You can do this easily from your browser too on the ps store website.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users