Official PS3 Topic

9,850 replies to this topic
Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (TartanArmy @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 11:59)
who here on the forums has ps plus?? comment asap, i have something to give out

I have PS Plus

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

just a heads up guys. NBA 2013 is also free for PS+. the game was meant for the middle east PS+ members but they accidentally released it in everywhere!

Sauce

mufc
  • mufc

Cat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 21:23)
just a heads up guys. NBA 2013 is also free for PS+. the game was meant for the middle east PS+ members but they accidentally released it in everywhere!

Sauce

Just got it there, thanks!

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

My PS3 finally crapped out on me. I was wondering where the best place to get a cheap one online, also would it be wise to get a used one.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

^I would get a brand new one, but used, if that makes sense. I dunno what country you're in, but Ebay is a good bet.
I bought a Second hand but still new PS3, it's going strong, it was one of the Fat 40GB models.

Kinda related to going strong, the PS3 fell 1.2 metres and landed upside down while I was playing because I accidentally tugged the charge cable and the game was still playing haha.
It's happened twice now actually and both times the games didn't so much as stutter, and a few other minor falls on other occasions, no issues at all.

Sony built these things to last and take a tumbling, that's for sure.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

Thanks dude, I'll look on ebay but usually I use Amazon.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 06:26)

same thing.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

Damn, I hardly even play my PS3 anymore!

I've played pretty much every game that I want to play that is out. The only two games I play regularly are BF3 and GTA IV. I might replay RDR, TLOU or Bioshock Infinite.

Only games I plan on getting for PS3 are: GTA V (obviously), maybe Diablo 3, Fifa 14 and maybe BF4/WD but every game except GTA V will be out for PS4. If Rockstar release GTA V for PS4 I have no reason to keep my PS3 except maybe to replay TLOU/Redemption.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 07:49)
QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 06:26)

same thing.

Found one, will be ordering it soon for GTA V smile.gif Thanks.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 08:39)
Damn, I hardly even play my PS3 anymore!

I've played pretty much every game that I want to play that is out. The only two games I play regularly are BF3 and GTA IV. I might replay RDR, TLOU or Bioshock Infinite.

Only games I plan on getting for PS3 are: GTA V (obviously), maybe Diablo 3, Fifa 14 and maybe BF4/WD but every game except GTA V will be out for PS4. If Rockstar release GTA V for PS4 I have no reason to keep my PS3 except maybe to replay TLOU/Redemption.

V is not coming out on PS4. I've no idea where people get this notion from.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (Rebel @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 21:24)
V is not coming out on PS4. I've no idea where people get this notion from.

I didn't really think it as a very sensible idea previously either. However the idea does make sense on two levels. The first level would be that they release it shortly after the new consoles drop with a graphics upgrade, think about how many people would buy the game twice, I know I would, one copy for my PS3, then an upgraded version for PS4.

Or perhaps they will be releasing a straight port like with III VC and San Andreas which seems more likely.

Don't completely discount the possibility there will be a next generation version of the game.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:16 PM

HI.

Hey has anyone pulled apart a DS3 and then put it back together successfully? I'm getting the occasional weird button behaviour which I'm guessing is due to a bit of gunk getting thru the cracks of the buttons.
I want this thing to be working optimally for when G'TArrV gets here.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Barry Spock @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 19:16)
HI.

Hey has anyone pulled apart a DS3 and then put it back together successfully? I'm getting the occasional weird button behaviour which I'm guessing is due to a bit of gunk getting thru the cracks of the buttons.
I want this thing to be working optimally for when G'TArrV gets here.

Youtube has plenty of these videos. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

But I mean personally I wouldn't recommend taking it apart unless it was
really certain to work cause then you may have to go and buy a new controller.

I was eating an ice cream while playing last year and some dripped on the circle,triangle,x buttons on my DS3 and
since then that particular controller has had sticky a$$ buttons and renders about 60-70% useless.

Ended up getting a new controller. turn.gif

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:23 AM

Yikes. Looks complicated. This very helpfulful shemale shows how.

I might just try toothbrush around the buttons and hope that helps.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:59 AM

Does the PS3 automatically format a new HDD?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:51 PM Edited by Spuds725, 20 August 2013 - 11:57 PM.

It will prompt you to-- but not do it automatically...

Skip to about 8 minutes into this video--

It will not be usable until you format it though.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

Hi, i just wanted to ask this. I wanted to watch youtube on PS3 but it succesfuly load page and coments but only shows black on videos. I could watch videos on PS3 before but now I cant. Anybody else got this problem? Is there any solution?

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 04:18)
Hi, i just wanted to ask this. I wanted to watch youtube on PS3 but it succesfuly load page and coments but only shows black on videos. I could watch videos on PS3 before but now I cant. Anybody else got this problem? Is there any solution?

This happens to me too,I thought I would finally try those ps3 features but no video ever loads, be it YouTube, or catch up on shows you missed apps, it's a little sucky.because I like to just put stuff on in the background while I'm on my laptop.My Antenna needs repair so no TV for little while.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Alright guys, got a question.

Can a game with a specific region (region 2, which is for Europe), be compatible with all the European PSN accounts? Like for example, I got a game in Germany and it has region 2 on it. Can I get the downloadable contents for the game by accessing it on a PSN from a different country let's say the UK?

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

BIGGOS_010

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

I think so. I can't confirm it but it's the same region, so it has to work. Europe = Europe icon14.gif

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 17:18)

I came to ask about this also, I miss listening to music via youtube on my ps3 whilst doing other stuff, what the f*ck has happened monocle.gif icon13.gif

South_Carolina91
  • South_Carolina91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

I believe the flash plug in is out of date. ^

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

It will most likely be fixed in the next update.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

Anyone encountered the 80023324 download error? when I try to download or update some games it shows 2 or 3KB left and gives that error a while after. PS3's connected via Wi-Fi, could that be the problem?

Mv6
  • Mv6

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

My slim has been very noisy lately, has anyone here disassembled their ps3 to remove all of the piled up dust inside?

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

So looks like GTA V broke my PS3, lol. Not really broke, but long story short, it cannot read any discs anymore. The blue lamp works, so the PS3 recognizes there's a disc inside, but it just won't show the icon on the XMB. Repairing the laser or whatever it is that is broken is cheap, but isn't worth it in my opinion, since it is a 5-year-old piece of hardware (40GB fat PS3). The repair guy was surprised to hear it lived for so long, lol. A man never forgets his first phattie, I guess... </3

Anyway, looks like I'm getting a new PS3. So my question is: Slim or Super Slim? I'm more on the side of the Slim, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find one in stores.

Any thoughts, comments, recommendations or experiences are welcome. Thanks.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

So looks like GTA V broke my PS3, lol. Not really broke, but long story short, it cannot read any discs anymore. The blue lamp works, so the PS3 recognizes there's a disc inside, but it just won't show the icon on the XMB. Repairing the laser or whatever it is that is broken is cheap, but isn't worth it in my opinion, since it is a 5-year-old piece of hardware (40GB fat PS3). The repair guy was surprised to hear it lived for so long, lol. A man never forgets his first phattie, I guess... </3

Anyway, looks like I'm getting a new PS3. So my question is: Slim or Super Slim? I'm more on the side of the Slim, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find one in stores.

Superslim. Less space, more technically optimized.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

It's not more technically optimized, or the way you seem to mean it. It is smaller and uses less power but still has the same performance. However I've heard of it stuttering and freezing far more than previous PS3's and also not reading some discs. Do some reading around and see. 
"Superslim freezing" or "Superslim stuttering."

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

I've already done some searching and reading and yes, Super Slim is known for having the mentioned problems. That's why I came here to ask, lol. It's hard to tell, really, since every person that has issues with their Super Slim will go on the Internet to complain and bash it, while most of the people who don't have any problems won't say a thing and won't go around shouting that everything's fine with their console. So you can't be sure if those problems can be applied to the Super Slim in general or if the malfunctioning consoles are just a minority that gets more attention than the properly working ones. :S
For now it looks like I'm buying a Super Slim, since I can get it cheaper, faster and with less trouble, but any suggestions are still welcome!

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

It's not more technically optimized, or the way you seem to mean it. It is smaller and uses less power but still has the same performance. However I've heard of it stuttering and freezing far more than previous PS3's and also not reading some discs. Do some reading around and see. 
"Superslim freezing" or "Superslim stuttering."

I mean on the "power" part. Not the performance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users