Official PS3 Topic

9,850 replies to this topic
Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

You won't. You'll only get the future free games if you download them. You won't have free access to the old games that were free since they'll now cost money.

MWC
  • MWC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Rebel @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 23:13)
You won't. You'll only get the future free games if you download them. You won't have free access to the old games that were free since they'll now cost money.

ok thx since i was wondering should i get ps+

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

Depends. I would say yes if you are going to be using the free games and such. It's going to suck major balls though if you have a terrible Internet speed to try and download some of these free games. That uncharted 3 was like 30+GB.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

You guys think the first gen PS3s are still worth it. Mine(40GB) has been broken for a while and I'm too lazy to fix it. tounge.gif Sold all my games and I'm going to offer my nephew $100 for his 60GB one. Anyone with a first gen experience issues when playing newer games like The Last of Us and such?

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:21 AM Edited by finn4life, 03 July 2013 - 06:44 AM.

QUOTE (Erebos @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 06:39)
You guys think the first gen PS3s are still worth it. Mine(40GB) has been broken for a  while and I'm too lazy to fix it. tounge.gif Sold all my games and I'm going to offer my nephew $100 for his 60GB one. Anyone with a first gen experience issues when playing newer games like The Last of Us and such?

Nope, they run fine, better perhaps. You have to take steps to prevent overheating though, you don't want YLOD. Also do you really need backwards computability? I'd buy a ps2.

EDIT: For the PS update 4.45 (Now 4.46 due to bricking) what were the actual features of the update? All I can find is the bricking sh*t, but I can't find out about what features the update has.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

Just an update for you guys, the new PS+ games have been released (I just saw them today) SR3, BF3 and some others. Really disappointed about the fact Payday is like 24GB since thats a big f*cking download. Also, when do you know when your Ps+ account is going to expire?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (Rebel @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 21:44)
Just an update for you guys, the new PS+ games have been released (I just saw them today) SR3, BF3 and some others. Really disappointed about the fact Payday is like 24GB since thats a big f*cking download. Also, when do you know when your Ps+ account is going to expire?

Account management>Service List>Playstation plus.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

Sony entertainment funds can now be added from one's mobile phone account smile.gif

Now I can make use of all the excess credit that I don't use biggrin.gif

Official source

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

Hey guys!

Just now, I bought the PS3 on Amazon and i am primarily buying it for the exclusives (as i already own 360).

Can someone recommend me the best exclusives for PS3?.

I am currently buying Last of us and Uncharted series. biggrin.gif

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:53 PM Edited by Zancudo, 05 July 2013 - 05:56 PM.

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 17:00)
Hey guys!

Just now, I bought the PS3 on Amazon and i am primarily buying it for the exclusives (as i already own 360).

It depends strictly on your own taste. I personally totally fell in Journey (Collector's Edition, the only way to buy it on a disc), Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (being a huge fan of the series, but I'd recommend you to play prequels first, by buying The Legacy Collection, an edition which comes out in just a couple of days). Also, I heard that The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection is a set of two really beautiful, immersive games. What I'm also looking forward for, are Beyond: Two Souls (October 2013) from the creators of Heavy Rain (also a PS3 exclusive, but it didn't live up to the idea of an interactive movie, it was a total mistake in many aspects, in my honest opinion) and Gran Turismo 6 (coming out somewhere at the end of the year), which is easily gonna be the best racing simulator on the market.

But that's just my taste. You should check out some games yourself.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 17:53)
Hey guys!

It depends strictly on your own taste. I personally totally fell in Journey (Collector's Edition, the only way to buy it on a disc), Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (being a huge fan of the series, but I'd recommend you to play prequels first, by buying The Legacy Collection, an edition which comes out in just a couple of days). Also, I heard that The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection is a set of two really beautiful, immersive games. What I'm also looking forward for, are Beyond: Two Souls (October 2013) from the creators of Heavy Rain (also a PS3 exclusive, but it didn't live up to the idea of an interactive movie, it was a total mistake in many aspects, in my honest opinion) and Gran Turismo 6 (coming out somewhere at the end of the year), which is easily gonna be the best racing simulator on the market.

Heavy Rain, inFAMOUS 1+2, LittleBigPlanet 1+2, God of War.

Also R*s new game Agent will be PS3 exclusive

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 00:09)

I seriously doubt it at this point, the game is pretty much on hold, I'd expect it to emerge on next gen instead as a Multi-Platform title, hell even Sony themselves have no clue about this game anymore.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 00:09)
Hey guys!

How can you guys forget about The Last Of Us? It's like the only PS3 game that got me so hooked that I played through it twice in a week.

WAIT nevermind. That was a huge fail from my side. suicidal.gif

Edit 2: suicidal.gif suicidal.gif
Edit 3: suicidal.gif
Edit 4: Okay done. rolleyes.gif

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

Thank you very much for the Suggestion guys smile.gif

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:53 AM

Just bought some crap on PS Store. I tried to install it, it goes through all the stops and installs to what it says to be 100%, but when I back out on the instal complete screen, nothing changes. I go back into the game's install logo thing and it "installs" again. I can't get it to install. Is there a solution?

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 15:53)
Just bought some crap on PS Store. I tried to install it, it goes through all the stops and installs to what it says to be 100%, but when I back out on the instal complete screen, nothing changes. I go back into the game's install logo thing and it "installs" again. I can't get it to install. Is there a solution?

What are you installing? If it's a game check your games list ect. I think you might be just installing the game multiple times because you keep hitting the instal logo.

I forget if the ps3 delete the instal files at the end of the instal, so just check the other sections of your ps3 for changes.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 22:22)
QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 15:53)

What are you installing? If it's a game check your games list ect. I think you might be just installing the game multiple times because you keep hitting the instal logo.

I forget if the ps3 delete the instal files at the end of the instal, so just check the other sections of your ps3 for changes.

Yeah, it did install after all. It was Crash Bandicoot 1 I was trying to install. It replaced the already installed Crash Bandicoot 2, probably why I didn't notice.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 23:09)
Hey guys!

I think it will be for the PS4 , not the PS3

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hey, basically, I'm planning to get PS Plus but I only have about 30GB of spare memory and I was wondering something. If I was to get a game from the store and download it, would it take any memory if I haven't installed it yet? So, could I download as many games as I want, install one, play it, then delete it and move to another? Also, could I re-install once I've deleted it?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

If you want PS Plus, get more space!
You need twice the space needed for the game for download and install (example: Battlefield 3 is 9GB, you need 18GB free space, but you get the 9GB back after install)

And if you want to re-install after deletion, you have to re-download.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

Yeah, you'll want more free space. I just got PS+ myself, but if I understand correctly it works like a rotation. Every month, a few games enter the rotation and a few games leave it. You can only download games that are in the rotation. If you download a game, then delete if from your HDD after it's left the rotation, you can't re-download again. So in essence, the bigger your hard drive, the more games you'll be able to hold in your library (and the bigger the financial advantage to you is).
So yeah, that, and what DarkKingBernard said.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (Booze T @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 10:24)
Yeah, you'll want more free space. I just got PS+ myself, but if I understand correctly it works like a rotation. Every month, a few games enter the rotation and a few games leave it. You can only download games that are in the rotation. If you download a game, then delete if from your HDD after it's left the rotation, you can't re-download again. So in essence, the bigger your hard drive, the more games you'll be able to hold in your library (and the bigger the financial advantage to you is).

Not to mention, the second you stop having PS+ you wont be able to play those games you already downloaded. So I guess if you have a bad month money wise and cant afford it you wont be able to play those games you got from the Ps+ store until you get another subscription of Ps+ back.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

Cheers for the replies, OK, new question. I've got an old 60GB that's backwards compatible, if I switched the hard drive to a bigger one would I lose that? If so I'll probably just stick with what I've got.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

Actually you can download them again after they go from the list by going to the download list, So you can download them to keep them to your downloads list and cancel the download until you complete the game and delete it.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...video-go-beyond

I know this is an IGN thing, but it's pretty damn cool

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeed1911 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 14:33)

Actually you can download them again after they go from the list by going to the download list, So you can download them to keep them to your downloads list and cancel the download until you complete the game and delete it.

Interesting monocle.gif

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (brownbear @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 12:37)
Cheers for the replies, OK, new question. I've got an old 60GB that's backwards compatible, if I switched the hard drive to a bigger one would I lose that? If so I'll probably just stick with what I've got.

You won't lose the backwards compatibility by changing the HDD, seeing as the ability is due to an extra PS2 emulation chip.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Hey guys!

I think i made a huge mistake. When i replaced my 12 gb HDD with a 160 gb HDD, I accidentally put it upside down. Now it's stuck, it won't come out. Does anyone know how to remove it?

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

user posted image

PS Plus members, your August *freebies* will include Need For Speed Most Wanted, Mafia II and Spec Ops: The Line for PS3, and LEGO The Lord of the Rings and When Vikings Attack for PS Vita, available from August 1: http://bit.ly/12y8yNx

TartanArmy
  • TartanArmy

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

who here on the forums has ps plus?? comment asap, i have something to give out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users