Photo

Official PS3 Topic

9,850 replies to this topic
MLVD
  • MLVD

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 14:51)
QUOTE (MLVD @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 10:09)
Semi-n00b question, Is it possible to play blu rays with a keyboard (navigate the menus)? I don't have a controller at the moment and would like to watch a blu ray.
Google is no help.

A Keyboard and mouse you mean?
Well you can browse the net with a KB and mouse.

I guess you would have to try.

I tried it and can confirm that both keyboard and mouse work in navigation blu ray menus.
There is no button for pausing but you can press F1 to go into the control panel and pause from there.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

FOund quite a believable concept art image of the PS4.
I like it actually, wouldn't mind if this was what the PS4 looked like.
user posted image

1280 x 720 pic...
http://www.ps4home.n...12/04/ps4-1.jpg

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

Those top thin parts looks like it's glued in.

hambones
  • hambones

Every Inch A King

• Members

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

i bought a ps3 about a month ago and i'm just now noticing the R2 and L2 aren't exactly working right. i notice when i'm driving in GTA if i press the R2 even halfway down the car doesn't even move. and both of the triggers click when they get to a certain point. i'm not shelling out 50 bucks just for a new controller, will sony give me a new controller for free?

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

I seriously doubt it, for all they know you have been hurling the controller at the walls.

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 05:17)
FOund quite a believable concept art image of the PS4.
I like it actually, wouldn't mind if this was what the PS4 looked like.
user posted image

1280 x 720 pic...
http://www.ps4home.n...12/04/ps4-1.jpg

That picture has been been floating around for ever. I remember someone claimed it was the PS3. dozingoff.gif

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

Get the Gun,Get the Gun,shoot,shoot,shoot

• Members

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (hambones @ Monday, May 14 2012, 21:54)
i bought a ps3 about a month ago and i'm just now noticing the R2 and L2 aren't exactly working right. i notice when i'm driving in GTA if i press the R2 even halfway down the car doesn't even move. and both of the triggers click when they get to a certain point. i'm not shelling out 50 bucks just for a new controller, will sony give me a new controller for free?

[QUOTE]

maybe if you'd noticed the clicking noises a few days after buying it, but a month. nah I dont think you'll have any luck getting a replacement. as mentioned, for all they know you threw it against a wall after a bad game

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

I'm asking this everywhere lol.

Does anyone knows when Max Payne 3 will be available on PS Store?

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 11:10)

Has Rockstar mentioned anything about it being released on PSN? If no, then it isn't coming til much later, if that.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

I am not sur if this is the right place to put this, but my PS3 is not reading my discs. angry.gif

I mean, the disc is not even going in right, its just sliding in! suicidal.gif

It started to happen when I was plying TBOGT earilier, and thought it would be fun to play IV multiplayer, the disc came out normally, and thought nothing of it, next thing I know is that the disc was not getting read, (The little motor sound) or showing up on the XMB! angry.gif suicidal.gif cryani.gif

So can someone please help me diagnose my problem? cryani.gif

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:50 AM

Man i haven't been online on PSN -_- and my ps3 is no where to be found.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Friday, May 18 2012, 05:38)
I am not sur if this is the right place to put this, but my PS3 is not reading my discs. angry.gif

It started to happen when I was plying TBOGT earilier, and thought it would be fun to play IV multiplayer, the disc came out normally, and thought nothing of it, next thing I know is that the disc was not getting read, (The little motor sound) or showing up on the XMB! angry.gif suicidal.gif cryani.gif

I believe if you look on YouTube, my videos show the inside mech at work, and a common problem for non-reading discs
I'm grabbing one spare I have that was found in my strorage, I'll report on all my attempts to revive it, after my freezing demos, I opted to reformat the afflicted HDD and start over again, going with a 60 over a 100GB drive since I decided to put in in a laptop with Windows 8 instead

The discs normally do slide in, the one I am using won't even do that so something is awry

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave

• Members

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:05 PM Edited by saintdave, 02 June 2012 - 10:08 PM.

QUOTE (goin-god @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 17:10)

Not thinking of buying it off the PS store are you? Prices there are complete rip offs and 90% of the time are way more than what you would spend on the disc version. In addition to that if you have the disc version there's always the choice to sell on or trade in. I really cant see digital downloads working until they review their pricing for what's on the store.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Monday, May 28 2012, 19:58)
QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Friday, May 18 2012, 05:38)

It started to happen when I was plying TBOGT earilier, and thought it would be fun to play IV multiplayer, the disc came out normally, and  thought nothing of it, next thing I know is that the disc was not getting read, (The little motor sound) or showing up on the XMB! angry.gif   suicidal.gif   cryani.gif

I believe if you look on YouTube, my videos show the inside mech at work, and a common problem for non-reading discs
I'm grabbing one spare I have that was found in my strorage, I'll report on all my attempts to revive it, after my freezing demos, I opted to reformat the afflicted HDD and start over again, going with a 60 over a 100GB drive since I decided to put in in a laptop with Windows 8 instead

The discs normally do slide in, the one I am using won't even do that so something is awry

I fixed it now, what I have to do now, is take the game out, put in another game half way, turn off my PS3 with the game half-way in, turn my PS3 on, ad let the game slide in, and then I finally give the PS3 four quick slams with my fist. colgate.gif ( I don't hit my PS3 too hard, or it will break.)

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

So PS+ just announced this June update.

user posted image

Free games basically wow.gif

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

may get PS+ now

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

Could always get the 90 day trial and get the games through that. Personally I always wait till they do the offer for 15 months (3 free ontop of 12) for the price of 12 months and that comes round a lot.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

QUESTIONS, if you will please:

Why does the following happen on PS3:

1. The PS3 menus (messaging, settings, etc) load SO slowly compared to other modern day computers and alike? (My PS3 is 18 months old, downloaded all updates, 160GB)

2. When you are reading a message and you push back, instead of it taking you back just one step (to the Inbox folder), it takes you all the way back to the f*cking main menu (almost). So then you have to go all the way back into it again to read the next message. WHY is it designed like this?

-----------------------------------------------------

Whats the difference between PS3 160GB and 320GB?

I mean what is the space for anyway?

Now the first PS3s were only 20GB. If that was enough then, then why pay for a 320GB version when a 160GB version is already 8 times more space than the first model?

-----------------------------------------------------

How do you know if someone has blocked you on the PSN?

For example, if you sent someone who has blocked you a message, they obviously wont receive it. But would it appear to you that they had received it or would it be bounced back to you?

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:26 AM

1. Messages load slower the more you have. Settings load slower, the more your hard drive is used.

2. I also hate this, there's nothing we can do unless Sony release a patch to change it.

With a bigger hard drive, the space is for anything you want, like if you purchase games off the PSN store you can store more. If you don't need 320GB then don't get it.

The first model PS3 actually had 60GB, and 20GB was an option for a lower price. I think 20GB is not enough today, considering all the game data and updates. This is why PS3's are at least 160GB.

And, I there's no way to check if someone has blocked you, unless you realize they don't reply all of a sudden.

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

• Members

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

I have a 40gb model and its nowhere near enough storage. I download the lost and damned, then free infamous , then DCUO and my hd was nearly full. Add the 15gb of updates for DCUO and I have to delete something each time I want to update. When I upgrade I'll get a 320gb for sure. does the 160 model hold enough?

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (Legacy-666_ @ Wednesday, Jun 20 2012, 16:23)
I have a 40gb model and its nowhere near enough storage. I download the lost and damned, then free infamous , then DCUO and my hd was nearly full. Add the 15gb of updates for DCUO and I have to delete something each time I want to update. When I upgrade I'll get a 320gb for sure. does the 160 model hold enough?

I had about 5 games on my 40GB and it was becoming full, purchased a 500 GB and replaced it.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Wednesday, Jun 20 2012, 03:26)
1. Messages load slower the more you have. Settings load slower, the more your hard drive is used.

2. I also hate this, there's nothing we can do unless Sony release a patch to change it.

With a bigger hard drive, the space is for anything you want, like if you purchase games off the PSN store you can store more. If you don't need 320GB then don't get it.

The first model PS3 actually had 60GB, and 20GB was an option for a lower price. I think 20GB is not enough today, considering all the game data and updates. This is why PS3's are at least 160GB.

And, I there's no way to check if someone has blocked you, unless you realize they don't reply all of a sudden.

Thank you so much. cool.gif

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

I have a PS3 and I love it. The one thing I don't like about this generation is how overheating was such a big thing when they were first released; still kind of is now. With my PS2, I could play it for hours in the summer - no fear of it getting too hot and breaking. But with my PS3, I only play for an hour or two tops before shutting it down. When they come out with the PS4 they should work on the cooling system. With the hardware nowadays, these things heat up fast and you need a good cooling system.

Shteeve McClaren
  • Shteeve McClaren

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

I've never had any problem with overheating, but then again I live in Norway so that probably explains it.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

My PS3 "floats" on 4 plastic supports, keeps it cool and doesn't have to work as hard to stay that way.

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

• Members

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:33 AM

I'd hate to think how many hours I've clocked up on my fat, but it usually gets used every day. 4 years of heavy use and its still going.And I only opened her up and cleaned out the dust bunnies a year ago. I keep mine vertical and in a nice drafty corner. Never in a cabinet, thats asking for overheating.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:51 AM

FYI, I've done over a day, nearly a week of testing between a 60GB original PS3 and a 40GB version I bought, the second and third of all the PS3s I've owned, and I can safely inform all of you, you MUST match the BD or BluRay drive board to the main unit, if you do not, your demos and downloads will freeze and fail to load, you'll be stuck without full operation I'm afraid, so if you do your own repairs, maintain those related circuit boards! The rest of the parts are probably safe to swap, but I was having this problem and it's now sorted by having the right boards joined via master ribbon cable

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:53 AM Edited by finn4life, 29 June 2012 - 12:09 PM.

Got one of these bad boys, $125, so i can knife drop shot and jump on Call Of Duty, and Battlefield without taking my thumb of the analog, they are approved for MLG, there is no rapid fire function.
user posted image

user posted image

EDIT: Slamman, that is interesting, you would think they are all the same wouldn't you?

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

FIFA, you piece of sh*t. That trophy on 11 for 5 games without losing online? I racked up a streak of 12 wins. 12! The counter showed 13 because I tied once. And the trophy nowhere to be seen!

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:40 PM Edited by Slamman, 29 June 2012 - 10:16 PM.

Wish there were more variety for the PS3 controllers, While looking over YouTube, I saw that someone posted a way for you to make Xbox controllers work on PS3, wish a PS2 controller worked. Does the AV cable composite variety work on the PS2 and PS3 port? I use HDMI and my universal cable is missing, so I need help remembering this

YT tip vid;

@finn4, I kinda fell out of love with the smaller controller design, been playing on 360 since GTA IV came out, in essence, so I'm acclimated well now. The Power-A controller is the best design for players who like the fat 360 style hand grip. BUT as I pointed out, the analogs could fail and it's a doorstop at that point unless you're apt to PC game with it, where you can set the controller's X and Y axis. I will never pay over $50 for a controller again, I did for Sega's ARCADE quality JOYSTICK, made from real coin op controls, I believe

PS2 version using WIRED controller, mine is aftermarket wireless, the PS2 has USB as well, but I believe it's the standard connection

One I've had for years is the Radio Shack PSX ^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users