9,850 replies to this topic
Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (anuj @ Sep 13 2007, 19:41)
Are they coming out with some sort of snazzy PS3 deal for the holidays, or should I just go ahead and pick up the 60gig that dropped $100 in these past few months?

I don't know about that but i think you should buy the 60gb because it has the emotion chip from the ps2, so it can play most of the ps2 games off the bat.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:06 PM

@anuj: Don't know about any upcoming deals, so I'd probably have a check first. Plus the $100 is not really a drop, they just include a few of their own games instead of just the console itself.
It is worth it though, I've had mine since launch and loved it. Plus with some of the games out and coming its going to be great.

sainraja
  • sainraja

Bin teray kay hai jeena!

• Members

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:17 PM Edited by sainraja, 13 September 2007 - 10:19 PM.

QUOTE (anuj @ Sep 13 2007, 19:41)
Are they coming out with some sort of snazzy PS3 deal for the holidays, or should I just go ahead and pick up the 60gig that dropped $100 in these past few months?

There is a rumored $399.99 40GB PS3 coming out for the holidays without the backwards compatibility (it is a rumor though) but I would suggest you go with the 60GB. It's worth it....nothing like having everything in one box. You can easily upgrade the HDD yourself so I don't think you should go for the 80GB UNLESS you plan on buying Motorstorm.

You should order one before the 30th of this month if you want to get the five free movies.

MMFF
  • MMFF

Double M Double F

• Members

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:34 PM

That PS Store update yesterday was great. The Tony Hawks demo was pretty good, but I am still looking more forward to Skate. I am going to buy that poker game. You can play online, that looks sick. Does anyone know if there is mic support? That would be the icing on the cake.

jking
  • jking

Drama setter

• Members

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:08 PM

has anyone else experienced Warhawk freezing up on you in game...its happened a few times and it gets annoying cause i finally get into a ranked game and the teams are very even and its frozen. nervous.gif

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:48 PM

Got Heavenly Sword today - wow. Amazing game, i've had to force myself to stop playing it cos i've powered my way through. The graphics are amazing and the cut-scenes and voice acting really suprised me, every ps3 owner should have this game in their collection

sainraja
  • sainraja

Bin teray kay hai jeena!

• Members

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (grandthefter @ Sep 14 2007, 21:48)
Got Heavenly Sword today - wow. Amazing game, i've had to force myself to stop playing it cos i've powered my way through. The graphics are amazing and the cut-scenes and voice acting really suprised me, every ps3 owner should have this game in their collection

I love the way the game developers decided to tell the story. It's kinda like playing a movie.

matt27689
  • matt27689

• Members

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:51 PM

Funk3h

Yes, I do have a US account, it's easy to make. Just find a US address on google, loads more demos smile.gif

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (matt27689 @ Sep 15 2007, 18:51)
Funk3h

Yes, I do have a US account, it's easy to make. Just find a US address on google, loads more demos smile.gif

Will have to do that.

I did it a while ago but the demo I downloaded didn't work. Dunno why.

matt27689
  • matt27689

• Members

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:19 PM

Yeah, there was one, I think Def Jam - that wouldn't work.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:58 PM Edited by FunkyChunky, 15 September 2007 - 07:21 PM.

QUOTE (matt27689 @ Sep 15 2007, 19:19)
Yeah, there was one, I think Def Jam - that wouldn't work.

I think that was the one lol.

Meh, every address i try it won't accept. Wtf?

Nvm, Rockstar's address worked lol.

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:48 AM

Completed heavenly sword now, loved the storyline. Shame i went through it so fast though sad.gif I'll play through again on hell mode or something soon, still need to unlock all the glyphs etc.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:12 PM

blockbuster had 6 copies of LAIR, none rented out. one copy of heavenly sword, rented out.

how cruel sad.gif

somebody should shoot the purchaser for the games section. 10 copies of boogie, 2 of resident evil? i mean, come on, really.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:12 AM

I sold Lair and bought heavenly sword yesterday. I'll have a HS review soon.

jking
  • jking

Drama setter

• Members

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:49 AM

after a few days struggling to keep my 1st class airman status on warhawk i got ranked at sergeant major for some odd reason cry.gif but im not complaining

sainraja
  • sainraja

Bin teray kay hai jeena!

• Members

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:14 AM

Stats are working now. It seems that they have fixed the problem.
I am Sargeant Major now.

Sixdust
  • Sixdust

April 2nd, V2

• Members

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:40 AM Edited by Sixdust, 20 September 2007 - 04:47 AM.

Home delayed. Clickeh
Kaz Hirai today announced that Sony Computer Entertainment is delaying the release of the Playstation Home until the spring of 2008. He told reporters that the team wanted to spend more time developing the user interface platform.

Hirai went on to apologize for the delay, insisting that the service must spend more time in development so gamers around the world can experience the game when it is ready.

Sixaxis rumble confirmed. click

Sony Computer Entertainment today confirmed news that we first broke back at E3, rumble is indeed returning to the Playstation in the form of a SIXAXIS rumble stick.

Kaz Hirai formerly announced the DualShock 3 during his keynote Thursday morning. There will be no other changes to the outward appearance of the new controller.

The new DualShock 3 is planned to ship in Japan this November, US and Europe in Spring 2008. No price is available today, but the new controller will be on hand, playable in echochrome, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted, Devil May Cry 4, Toy Home, Metal Gear Online and more. In total, ten titles currently support the DualShock 3.

Hirai also said that dozens of other titles will support the DualShock 3, including just about everything going forward. It also appears some older titles might game support.

Finally, rumble adds to the gaming experience.

PSP gets remote functions for PS3. Click

During his brief TGS keynote today Kaz Hirai demonstrated the ability to turn your Playstation 3 on over the Internet using the Playstation Portable. The new feature will be hitting the portable in a future firmware update.

The update will also add the ability to put your PS3 to sleep remotely.

Other Remote Play Applications shown during the keynote included the ability to use the PSP as a second screen for Formula 1 Racing and using multiple PSPs as PS3 controllers. In the future it looks like that PS3s will be able to connect to each other to view multimedia on remote consoles, with multiple PSPs acting as PLAYSTATION 3 controllers.

And there is a new MGS4 trailer out with all new cutscenes and a metal gear is seen in the video as well as some old friends.
The plot still is ridiculous to me (Beauty and the Beast particularly)

My friend got Oblivion for PS3. Plays decently, I am glad PS3 owners can enjoy Oblivion.

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:55 AM

Kotaku cry.gif

MGS4 trailer is awesome, rumble is a nice announcement (though I don't really care either way), don't care much about the remote functionality and Home delay was expected imo.

I've been following IGN's Live blog they've had going, but nothing's new been posted for awhile. confused.gif

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:49 PM

Never seen the fuss about Rumble. I'd rather not have it, but whatever, Ill stick with my controllers now.

MGS4 looks f*cking sweet.

Lega_c
  • Lega_c

Fly Rebel

• Members

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:53 PM

TGS 2007: PS3 Rumble Compatibility List
Japan, North America and Europe to shake in multiple places.
by Jeremy Dunham
September 20, 2007 - In light of its official announcement that rumble will be returning in the DualShock 3 next year, Sony Computer Entertainment has released a full compatibility list showing which titles (new and old) will be supporting the long-awaited feature.

Note: Pre-existing titles will be updated via software prior to the release of the new controller.

Japanese Territory

TITLE COMPANY
Blast Factor Sony CE
Bumpy Trot 2 Irem Software
Burnout Paradise Electronic Arts
Dark Sector D3 Publisher
Devil May Cry 4 Capcom
Dynasty Warriors 6 KOEI
Echochrome Sony CE
Fatal Inertia KOEI
FIFA Soccer [untitled] Electronic Arts
Folklore Sony CE
Formula One CE Sony CE
G1 Jockey 4 2007 KOEI
Go! Sports Ski Sony CE
Heavenly Sword Sony CE
Imabikisou SEGA
Metal Gear Online Konami
Metal Gear Solid 4 Konami
MotorStorm Sony CE
Ratchet & Clank Future Sony CE
Resident Evil 5 Capcom
Resistance: Fall of Man Sony CE
Super Stardust HD Sony CE
Toy Home Sony CE
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Sony CE
Vampire Rain -Altered Species- AQ Interactive
Warhawk Sony CE

North American/ European Territories

TITLE COMPANY
Assassin's Creed Ubisoft
Beowulf Ubisoft
BlackSite: Area 51 Midway
Blast Factor Sony CE
Burnout Paradise Electronic Arts
Chronicles of Riddick Sierra
The Club SEGA
Condemned 2 SEGA
Cops Pyro
The Crucible SEGA
Dark Sector D3 Publisher
The Darkness 2K Games
Devil May Cry 4 Capcom
Echochrome Sony CE
Elefunk Sony CE
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Activision
Destroy All Humans! 3 THQ
Dynasty Warriors 6 KOEI
Fatal Inertia KOEI
FIFA Soccer [untitled] Electronic Arts
Folklore Sony CE
Formula One CE Sony CE
Ghost Recon AW2 Ubisoft
Go! Sports Ski Sony CE
GripShift DLX Sony Online
Haze Ubisoft
Heavenly Sword Sony CE
Heroes Over Europe Red Mile
High Velocity Bowling Sony CE
Highlander Eidos
The Incredible Hulk SEGA
Iron Man SEGA
Kane & Lynch Eidos
Legendary: The Box Gamecock
Metal Gear Solid 4 Konami
MLB '08: The Show Sony CE
MotorStorm Sony CE
N-Cube Creat Studios
NBA '08 Sony CE
NBA 2K8 2K Sports
Pain Sony CE
Planet One Pyro
Prototype Sierra
Soldier of Fortune Activision
Rainbow Six: Vegas Ubisoft
Rage id Software
Rat Race Sony CE
Ratchet & Clank Future Sony CE
Resident Evil 5 Capcom
Resistance: Fall of Man Sony CE
SOCOM: Confrontation Sony CE
Snakeball Sony CE
Stuntman: Ignition THQ
Super Stardust HD Sony CE
TNA iMPACT Midway
To End All Wars Ghostlight
Toy Home Sony CE
Turok Disney Interactive
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Sony CE
Unreal Tournament 3 Midway
Warbit Creat Studios
WarDevil Ignition
Warhawk Sony CE
The Wheelman Midway
WipEout HD Sony CE

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:18 PM

why the hell do you have to have the absolute latest update to access the ps store?

i was at 1.90, and have to sit through this slow-ass 1.93 update just to get the skate demo.

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Sep 20 2007, 13:18)
why the hell do you have to have the absolute latest update to access the ps store?

i was at 1.90, and have to sit through this slow-ass 1.93 update just to get the skate demo.   

Yeah that is really annoying. I think there is a way bypassing the update and playing online anyway, but I can't remember how. And how does skate play on the PS3?

Here's a new preview of MGS4 from IGN. A lot of cool new abilities you have, and I love how the camera's finally been worked with to favor the more RE4/GoW type view.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:57 PM Edited by SIP YEK NOD, 20 September 2007 - 10:33 PM.

Ah, Downloading Skate. demo now,
Can't wait!

synedit: f*ck, hit edit instead of quote

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Sep 20 2007, 15:57)
Ah, Downloading Skate. demo now,
Can't wait!

synedit: f*ck, hit edit instead of quote

well you're gonna have to, the downloading is sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

i just finished the first chapter of heavenly sword, and the download is only at 41%.

they should really move those buttons further apart

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:56 AM

Its at 60% for me
My net downloads at like 25kb per sec its been going for about 6/7 hours

And you think yours is slow!

MMFF
  • MMFF

Double M Double F

• Members

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:11 AM

I fell in love today. Wrong section? Not entirely, because I fell in love with a game called Skate. EA has finally done something right. Eat your heart out Tony Hawk! This game feels fun to play. It feels like your doing the tricks, rather than pushing buttons and watching like in Tony Hawk games. You feel great when you pull off a sick trick. Just the demo, and im already hooked.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE (MMFF @ Sep 20 2007, 22:11)
I fell in love today. Wrong section? Not entirely, because I fell in love with a game called Skate. EA has finally done something right. Eat your heart out Tony Hawk! This game feels fun to play. It feels like your doing the tricks, rather than pushing buttons and watching like in Tony Hawk games. You feel great when you pull off a sick trick. Just the demo, and im already hooked.

welcome to the party, brother.

it is an absolutely wonderful game.

sainraja
  • sainraja

Bin teray kay hai jeena!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2007 - 07:35 AM

Mine didn't take long to download. I downloaded Skate, Sega Rally and Stuntman at about the same time.....Stuntman was first, then Sega Rally and then Skate.

How else can you make sure people update? I think that's probably why they force ya to download it.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2007 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (sainraja @ Sep 21 2007, 01:35)

How else can you make sure people update? I think that's probably why they force ya to download it.

well they should at least let me browse the store while its downloading. it just sits there being absolutely useless for 15 minutes. it took half an hour to start the skate download, then start playing heavenly sword.

relatively simple tasks that just took more and more time.

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:02 AM

I went on the PS store today to download the skate demo everyone is talking about - ended up paying 2 for locoroco. It's downloading in the background now, hopefully it's good

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users