adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:30 PM

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

What is SA-MP?

SA-MP (San Andreas Multiplayer) is a multiplayer modifcation for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, allowing users to play against each other over the internet or LAN. This mod is available for the PC version only.

Download SA-MP

You can download SA-MP from GTAGarage or from the SA-MP website. Once you have downloaded it, install it to your GTA San Andreas directory.

Joining a Server

Open SA-MP and use the three tabs at the bottom (Favourites, Internet and Official) to locate a server. Click on the Internet tab for a full list of all the available servers, and click on Official to see only the official servers. Then simply select the server that you wish to join, and click on the green connect button. Remember to enter a nickname before joining.

Controls

All of the controls are the same as in single-player, and you can change these by going to Options -> Controller Setup -> Redefine Controls. However, there are also a few extra commands you need to remember:

KeyDescription
ShiftSelects a character at the spawn screen.
T/F6Enables you to chat in-game.
GAllows you to enter a vehicle as a passenger.
Horn (CAPS)Initiates passenger driveby if player has Micro Uzi, Tec9 or MP5 in hand and is passenger.
F1Displays the in-game help menu.
F4Allows you to change your character (after death)
F5Shows network data (e.g bandwidth usage)
F7Hides the chat window.
F8Captures a screenshot.
F9Hides the death window.

A Few Points
  • Purchase weapons at the Ammu-Nation stores. These stores are represented by a gun icon on the radar, and there is at least one in each city.
  • Use the vending machines to re-gain health, or visit one of the restaurants (Burger Shot, Cluckin' Bell, The Well Stacked Pizza.) Click here for a map of all the restaurants.

Related Links

Katie
  • Katie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:33 PM

biggrin.gif I love the format smile.gif Great job cool.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:33 PM

You don't need to find servers in the server list!

I see many people trying to find the GTAnet server in the server list, when all you need to do is add it as a favorite by clicking the add to favorites button and then typing the IP which is on the front page. The same goes for any advertised server where the IP is shown.

QUOTE (Taste Of Chaos)
1) Open the sa-mp browser (Sa-mp shortcut).

2) Go into Favorites in the bottom left.

3) Once on favorites, click on the orange box with the white tick (Above Hostname).

4) Paste the server IP address (for gtanet this is: 85.17.36.105:4004) into this and click OK.

5) Enjoy

Mr. Campbell
  • Mr. Campbell

Hello There :*]

• Members

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

I might buy san andreas for the PC to play on multiplayer, just wondering could i download San andreas on limewire download the multiplayer pack and install it with no problems or do i have to buy it ?

JediLucas5
  • JediLucas5

The Jedi Master

• Members

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Campbell @ Jan 17 2008, 19:49)
I might buy san andreas for the PC to play on multiplayer, just wondering could i download San andreas on limewire download the multiplayer pack and install it with no problems or do i have to buy it ?

Yes, you can do that. I did that once. Beware though; one of the SA Dloads has a virus, which automatically makes you D-load everything that can be on the internet. No joke, I had over 20000 things be D-loaded at once. Only about 100 came through luckily I deleted them in time and deleted the infected file lol.gif . You also need a graphics card that can support Directx 9 I believe. Most of them are genuine though. biggrin.gif

--supea--
  • --supea--

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (JediLucas5 @ Jan 28 2008, 02:11)

Yes, you can do that. I did that once. Beware though; one of the SA Dloads has a virus, which automatically makes you D-load everything that can be on the internet. No joke, I had over 20000 things be D-loaded at once. Only about 100 came through luckily I deleted them in time and deleted the infected file lol.gif . You also need a graphics card that can support Directx 9 I believe. Most of them are genuine though. biggrin.gif

You got the point man

black08
  • black08

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:32 AM Edited by Suction Testicle Man, 18 February 2008 - 12:52 AM.

REMOVED. GTANet does not support warez.

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:52 AM

Mr. Campbell, SAMP will only function on a legally bought copy.

99 Gta 99
  • 99 Gta 99

• Members

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:38 AM

I do not get this stuff

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (99 Gta 99 @ Mar 4 2008, 04:38)
I do not get this stuff

What part do you not understand?

If this comes off as harsh sounding, please don't think it is, I just need to know what you don't get so I can try and help.

googler
  • googler

google je t'aime

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

does anyone know were to dowload the mod dowloader?

Berkley
  • Berkley

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (googler @ Mar 9 2008, 20:13)
does anyone know were to dowload the mod dowloader?

Um what? You can download from official site here sarcasm.gif

weedhunter
  • weedhunter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:29 PM

if i buy this from steam.com can i play it online its the game just its installed via steam not disk

Parky.
  • Parky.

Where's ya mic..?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:30 PM

No, sorry.

It's the latest version, which as of now, is unmoddable, and you need to be able to modify San Andreas to play online.

As was said in your other topic

trickyjim
  • trickyjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Feb 18 2008, 00:52)
Mr. Campbell, SAMP will only function on a legally bought copy.

wrong devil.gif

alex_aaa789
  • alex_aaa789

aaa789

• Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:44 AM Edited by alex_aaa789, 04 April 2011 - 09:48 AM.

After I join a server, the words are not in english, it is full of garble words(Mostly like unicode) that I don't understand. I use ZH-HK

Oops, sorry for dumping the topic, I didn't notice it is old. And I cannot register at SAMP

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:46 PM

If you've modded your game you might face problems. Have a gander at the SA:MP wiki, you might find solutions: http://wiki.sa-mp.com/

Ask here for SA-MP support: http://forum.sa-mp.com/
If your problem is restricted to a particular server, you could also try posting your questions at the server's own dedicated forums.

alex_aaa789
  • alex_aaa789

aaa789

• Members

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:41 AM Edited by alex_aaa789, 05 April 2011 - 11:20 AM.

QUOTE (GTArv @ Apr 4 2011, 12:46)
If you've modded your game you might face problems. Have a gander at the SA:MP wiki, you might find solutions: http://wiki.sa-mp.com/

Ask here for SA-MP support: http://forum.sa-mp.com/
If your problem is restricted to a particular server, you could also try posting your questions at the server's own dedicated forums.

I didn't mod the game (No addons) and I mean I am using Chinese Traditional computer. But in server the players are talking with english but the words are mojibake(unreadable)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users