gta_sa.exe has encountered a problem - need help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic
evenflow79
  • evenflow79

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:45 PM

6 months ago i played this game and had no problems what so ever.

Now i reinstalled it and whenever i try to load a game, it crashes and says "gta_sa.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Now the strange thing is, when i save a game and load it, it is fine.

However if i try to add my previous saved games from months back, it crashes.

I just can't complete the whole game again when i've already done it before.
Someone please give me a solution, i'm tearing my hair out.

Jeffffflol
  • Jeffffflol

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:57 PM

hmmmm try donwloading someones elses 100% nah u probaly wouldnt want that cuz u did it yerself not someone else heh hmmm maybe when u uninstalled it something happened or maybe cuz when u had it it was a different version then it was hmm maybe u may have to do it over again sad.gif but whatever u do dont suicidal.gif or go devil.gif just wait until a professional comes in and then u can eat my cookie cookie.gif

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:48 PM

Did you put any mods in the game? Did you install any patches for the game? Anyhow, you can download and try save games from here.

VCHolmes
  • VCHolmes

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:33 AM Edited by VCHolmes, 25 August 2007 - 05:36 AM.

You either modded this this installation of the game or modded your previous game installation. This might be the cause.

Modding, especially the main.scm will render your save files useless on another installation. If you modded your main.scm and saved with it, these saves will not work with the original main.scm.

Do a clean install:
  1. Uninstall the game.
  2. Delete the installation folder to ensure that there are no leftover files.
  3. Install the game from the DVD.
  4. Play the game from the beginning.
After installing, you could also try playing with the saves that CCPD linked you to.

gta_sa.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Since you're getting this error, you can try this fix:
Right Click gta_sa.exe > Run As >Administrator > OK

evenflow79
  • evenflow79

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:19 PM

I reinstalled game and i still have the same problem. So i decided to download the saved games of this site, but when i load it, it just loads the beginning of the game.

For example if i wanted to load "End of the line", it would just load the first mission where you see CJ at the airport picking up his bag.

Does anyone know why this happens?

VCHolmes
  • VCHolmes

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (evenflow79 @ Aug 26 2007, 18:19)
For example if i wanted to load "End of the line", it would just load the first mission where you see CJ at the airport picking up his bag.

Thats because you have modded the main.scm. Ensure that you're loading the saves on a mod-free game.

Just follow this procedure:
  1. Uninstall GTA San Andreas
  2. Delete the folder where the game was installed (Default is C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas) to ensure that there are no leftover files.
  3. Install the game from the DVD and play.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (VCHolmes @ Aug 27 2007, 15:01)
QUOTE (evenflow79 @ Aug 26 2007, 18:19)

Thats because you have modded the main.scm. Ensure that you're loading the saves on a mod-free game.

Nah, loading a game on an SCM different to that which it was created on would just crash outright.

It's because you're loading a saved game which was created on a different version of the game to yours. What version do you have? If you're on SA 2.00, search for 2.00 saves. If you're on 1.00 search for 1.00 saves.

Perhaps your game used to be "downgraded", but now it isn't?

VCHolmes
  • VCHolmes

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (Fuzzy Juzzy @ Aug 27 2007, 08:17)
Nah, loading a game on an SCM different to that which it was created on would just crash outright.

Maybe it differs in v1 and v2? In my experience, trying to loaded a v1 save on a modded main.scm always started a new game.

@evenflow79 : Do you have v1 or v2 of the game?

evenflow79
  • evenflow79

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:42 PM

I'm not sure which version i have, how can i find out?

VCHolmes
  • VCHolmes

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:56 AM

Its there in the ReadMe that came with the game.

grahamdodds9
  • grahamdodds9

Texture modder and graphic modder

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:01 AM

It will tell you which version. Also how you couldn't load your old savegames,
because of main.scm mods, you do usally have to start a new game, and if
you try to load one it WILL crash. In the Readme file, it will say what version.
Find some 100% saves with that version.

evenflow79
  • evenflow79

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:26 PM

I have Version 1

mod52793
  • mod52793

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:07 AM

when u try to load your save game and it goes right to wear cj is at airport is because u have version 2 of san Andreas and the save game is version 1....first go to Google then type n grand theft auto downgrade ( its usally first 1 )it should be the website gtafourms.download then just degrade and your save game should work.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (mod52793 @ Jan 27 2008, 12:37)
when u try to load your save game and it goes right to wear cj is at airport is because u have version 2 of san Andreas and the save game is version 1....first go to Google then type n grand theft auto downgrade ( its usally first 1 )it should be the website gtafourms.download then just degrade and your save game should work.

Alright, smart guy. Now, take a look at the last post date. The topic starter won't be here to see this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users