Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Chain Game V2 18th Round (w/special vehicles)

212 replies to this topic
OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:42 PM Edited by OrionSR, 19 August 2007 - 12:30 AM.

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Aug 18 2007, 15:20)
Possible Glitch Alert !!!!

I can't trigger Pimping in the Broadway in the above save (and that goes for Orion's as well).
So unless the special save changes the Pimping vehicle, - then there's propably something wrong (I can trigger it in a new game).

Update: It happened on radioman's save.
Although he claims to have completed Pimping, the stats doesn't say so.
Another weird thing is that he's save adds 1 mission attempt and 2 completes.

Pimping works fine on the preceding "RYDER" save from girishb

We had this glitch in round 15. This was the same round with the mysterious death at Bloodbowl. I remember the stats showing the pimping level of only 8, but the mission analyzer reported that the mission was completed. We finished the round and reached 100%. When I checked the save I uploaded, there were no stats for pimping at all, but the mission analyzer reported it as completed. Based on Phreak's observation of being unable to start the mission with a Broadway, I loaded a late game round 15 save and tried to start the mission - and nothing happened. The mission won't start, and there is no message to start the mission when CJ enters the vehicle.

I'm going to look back through round 15 to see if I can learn anything. If no one checks before I get back, I'll run pimping on the Big Smoke save and see if this is a glitch in the starter file. Phreak reported Pimping working fine on an earlier save, but did not mention whether the mission would restart.

Update: I loaded the round 16 modified save when girishb completed pimping. The stats look fine, and I was able to restart the pimping mission. The same person completed pimping in rounds 15, 18, and 17 - the unmodified save. I'll check that as well and get back. Well, it's not the modified save. I get no pimping stats on round 17 and can't restart the mission. This is a little disappointing. I've been a big fan of the Broadway in 4 star land ever since I tried Phreak's trick up pumping the health back to over-full by toggling the mission again.

My feeling on the matter is that we continue with the glitch. We should be able to reach 100% without any trouble, and I can reference round 16 if I need a working Broadway. Another restart on the same round might put a damper on the enthusiasm of our new players.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:21 AM Edited by GTA Phreak, 19 August 2007 - 12:36 AM.

I have completed Pimping on the previous girishb save (this round) without triggering the glitch, - so the special starter save is probably not the culprit.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 19 August 2007 - 02:47 AM

I agree with OrionSR. We should just continue with what we have at the moment.The glitch seems to be a minor one and since it won't affect us in taking the game to 100%, there's no point in restarting.

I wonder what triggered the glitch. Could somebody have used a trainer? Honestly, if anybody has, please own up. There's nothing to be afraid of. It's not like you are gonna get banned or something.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:54 AM Edited by radioman, 19 August 2007 - 08:04 AM.

I'm not sure what happened with the "pimping" mission, but I did it exactly as I do on the PS2 version of SA and like I do for the "prostitution" empire in VCS-where I do the mission until I get the "mission complete" message. btw, I didn't use the broadway at the gas station, I used one I found over in Vinewood.

Like I said in the previous round when I fixed the barrier glitch by unistalling/reinstalling, I have left the "Original" files in place throughout. In fact, I haven't played the PC version since my last turn in the last round until my first turn in this round as I have been playing VCS/LCS on PS2 during that time and btw, just finished those storylines a few days ago-so I know I had the original files in place when I did my last turn. I even double checked my install directory to make sure I had the original files in place before I started the game.

@ grishb, JAJ, or Rubregg, I would also like to recommend that a V.1 player do the "green sabre" and "ya ka boom boom" missions just to make sure we don't get affected by the barrier glitch again. Is this ok with you guys?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:23 AM

I think it would be better for a v1 player to do the area-unlocking missions; that would be just playing safe I guess and it would also save waste of turns that would be caused due to the glitch.

@radioman: When will you stop misspelling my name? tounge.gif
It's Girish and not Grish!!!

finalforce
  • finalforce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:29 AM Edited by finalforce, 19 August 2007 - 10:27 AM.

I'm sorry, i cannot do anything cause my game cannot switch to v2. I used the v2 scripts but i still save as v1 version.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:58 AM Edited by JAJ, 19 August 2007 - 12:33 PM.

It's been more than 6 hours since the last turn was completed. The 3-Mission Wait Rule has been reset and anyone may now call a turn.

QUOTE (finalforce)
I'm sorry, i cannot do anything cause my game cannot switch to v2. I used the v2 scripts but i still save as v1 version.

@finalforce: Thanks for the interest in the chain game. You are correct; if you use the V2 scripts the game will still be saved as a V1 game. If you use Samutz's program to upload the save it will be converted to a V2 save. Or you can manually convert it using pdescobar's program. You're welcome to play along if you want but please read the rules first.

QUOTE (girishb)
I agree with OrionSR. We should just continue with what we have at the moment.The glitch seems to be a minor one and since it won't affect us in taking the game to 100%, there's no point in restarting.
I looked at the last save file with SAMA & it listed the Pimping side mission as completed, so I'm ok with continuing with the current save.

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:06 PM Edited by zmoonchild, 19 August 2007 - 04:24 PM.

Mission: NRG-500
Called By: Zoomzoom (zmoonchild)
Link: http://gtasnp.com/download/4239
Notes:
NRG-500 time:
3:15

New Gym Moves learned in San Fierro

13 more Oysters collected

I also increased the Bike Skill by riding around and doing most of the San Fierro Unique Jumps

Also, I acquired Katie as a girlfriend, but a strange thing occurred; I checked the stats and her progress was at 15%, then I went back to the spot where I met her (on the hill near the gym), just to make sure that she hadnít been killed by the cops when C.J. was getting her number. She wasnít standing there anymore, and at that point her progress dropped to almost zero for no reason.
She no longer appeared in the Stats, but the heart icon was still showing on the map.
Two possibilities:
1) a glitch, her stats shouldnít drop this quickly, even this early in the game, Iíve acquired her as a girlfriend several times with only 0.53% completion, and never experienced this before.
2) I accidentally shot her (but didn't kill her) while getting her number, while trying to shot the cops.

I donít think this will cause any problems in the game, even if she dumps C.J., then itís usually very easy to get her as a girlfriend again. If this requires a forfeit of my turn then I understand.

Update: I loaded up my saved game and went back to San Fierro. The red marker appeared in front of her home, so I tried to go on a date with her; everything functioned as it should have, the date was disastrous because San Fierro is still not unlocked yet.
That is the way itís supposed to work.

Completion: 10.16%

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2007 - 02:50 PM Edited by JAJ, 21 August 2007 - 10:52 AM.

I'll try a turn...
Mission: Sweet's Girl
Called by: JAJ
Link: <GTASnP>
Notes:
respect gained mission reward
bought the Willowfield safe house
collected ammo
Hitman level for: AK47, M4, SMG & Machine Pistol
Completion: 11.23%

QUOTE (zmoonchild (Zoom))
I donít think this will cause any problems in the game, even if she dumps C.J., then itís usually very easy to get her as a girlfriend again. If this requires a forfeit of my turn then I understand.

Update: I loaded up my saved game and went back to San Fierro. The red marker appeared in front of her home, so I tried to go on a date with her; everything functioned as it should have, the date was disastrous because San Fierro is still not unlocked yet.
That is the way itís supposed to work.
I don't think it's cause for a forfeit. I agree that's the way it's supposed to work. icon14.gif I Apprecaite that you went back to check it out! icon14.gif I wonder if the 4-star wanted level might have had something to do with the drop in stats. What ever the stats, we should be able to build them back up later.

QUOTE (ryan92)
WOW It seems that I have missed a few rounds. Oh well Im back now so I will try to start playing.
Welcome back!

This post has been edited by JAJ on Aug 19 2007, 13:23

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:03 PM

WOW It seems that I have missed a few rounds. Oh well Im back now so I will try to start playing.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:07 PM

A Comment on the Katie Glitch

I had a similar glitch with Barbara on my very first attempt at completing all the 4 star missions - the one where I took all the deaths and arrests. Anyway, I acquired Barbara as a GF, but she disappeared from the stats for a while. Sometimes while I was... (can't remember, it's been so long) her stats would increase and flash the bar in the corner. When she finally returned to the stats page, she was at 43%. I estimate this was the initial 15%, plus a few 5% or 10% increases, and then a 2% drop that might have kicked her back to normal stats. Also, this is the save I was using for completing restricted jumps with Katie as a passenger, and Barbara tends to show up for a jealousy date, so maybe that had something to do with fixing Barbara's stats.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:19 PM Edited by girishb, 19 August 2007 - 06:36 PM.

I'll have a go...........

Mission: CESAR VIALPANDO
Called By: girishb
Link: **Click Here**
Notes: A perfect score of 6000.

Completion: 11.76%

QUOTE (radioman @ Aug 19 2007, 23:59)
Sorry about that girishb, I should have looked at your last post for the correct spelling. I'll try to get it right from now on.

Hey...no problemo! No big deal. As Shakespeare said,"What's in a name?" tounge2.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:29 PM

@radioman: When will you stop misspelling my name?

Sorry about that girishb, I should have looked at your last post for the correct spelling. I'll try to get it right from now on.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:09 PM Edited by GTA Phreak, 19 August 2007 - 09:36 PM.

I guess chaingames is to glitches what public toilets is to infectious diseases colgate.gif
Btw. what's the "Barrier Glitch" ?

Mission: OG LOC
Called By: GTA Phreak
Link: http://gtasnp.com/4242
Notes: Collected the bulletproof PCJ-600 and put it in the Grove St. garage. (failing mission once)
Cleaned out non BP PCJ's from above garage, after failing to notice there was already 4 vehicles when I put the BP PCJ in there (1 PCJ was hidden in the far corner)
Now please stop filling the garages with junk rolleyes.gif and save space for truly special vehicles, - there IS a PCJ spawning just outside.

Completion: 12.30%

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:56 PM Edited by JAJ, 19 August 2007 - 10:42 PM.

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Aug 19 2007, 17:09)
Btw. what's the "Barrier Glitch" ?

We've found that if a player with V2 does 'The Green Sabre' or 'Yay Ka-Boom Boom' the V1 players will still have the barriers. Example: after 'The Green Sabre' the V1 players still have the barriers when trying to get back to LS & the same thing for LV & the desert after 'Yay Ka-Boom Boom'.
Edit: Because of this glitch we've recommended that only V1 players do those missions.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:41 AM

It's been more than 6 hours since the last turn was completed. The 3-Mission Wait Rule has been reset and anyone may now call a turn.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:42 AM Edited by girishb, 20 August 2007 - 04:04 AM.

I'll have a go............

Mission: HIGH STAKES, LOW RIDER
Notes: Safehouses purchased at:
Jefferson
El Corona
Verona Beach
Bike Skill+

Completion:
14.44%

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:02 AM Edited by radioman, 20 August 2007 - 08:47 AM.

Mission- Home Invasion
Called By- Radioman
Link- Chain Game 18.
Status- complete (14.97%)
Notes- Burglury missions are now available.
-Collected Ammo.
Evidently the Ballas know CJ, because when I went through East LA, a couple of Ballas started chasing me and said "there he is, there he is-get him".-lol

Sorry about the late edit, but when I double checked the link, I realized I uploaded the wrong one-lol.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:34 PM

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:04 PM Edited by zmoonchild, 21 August 2007 - 12:01 PM.

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Aug 19 2007, 17:09)
Cleaned out non BP PCJ's from above garage, after failing to notice there was already 4 vehicles when I put the BP PCJ in there (1 PCJ was hidden in the far corner)
Now please stop filling the garages with junk rolleyes.gif and save space for truly special vehicles, - there IS a PCJ spawning just outside.

I kinda noticed that too.
didn't want to say anything wink.gif
I got rid of 4 PCJ-600's that were in the garage before acquiring the Tampa

I'll go ahead and take a turn

Mission: None (well, no story missions anyway)
Link: http://gtasnp.com/download/4250
Notes:
Hippy Shopper courier mission complete, itís now an asset.
Chiliad Challenge Scotch Bonnet Yellow Route complete (only 2 more to go)
8 more Oysters collected
I did a few Unique jumps
Mulholland Safe house purchased, I modded the BP/DP/EP/FP Tampa and parked it on top of the garage there, you need to climb along the edge of the wall, then climb on top of the garage to get to it.

Progress made: 16.04% completion

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:38 PM Edited by JAJ, 20 August 2007 - 11:30 PM.

my turn...
Mission: Running Dog
Called by: JAJ
Link: <GTASnP>
Notes:
respect gained mission reward
collected ammo
Hitman level for: Derert Eagle & Combat Shotgun
Completion: 16.58%

Zoom:
yep, there's a Tampa on top of the Mulholland garage, how'd ya do that?
smile.gif

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:16 AM Edited by zmoonchild, 21 August 2007 - 12:19 PM.

QUOTE (JAJ @ Aug 20 2007, 17:38)
Zoom:
yep, there's a Tampa on top of the Mulholland garage, how'd ya do that?
smile.gif

I used a Packer, the ramp lines right up with the rooftop.

On my first attempt, some Ballas shot out the rear tires of the Packer, couldn't make it up the hill, so I had to find a second one.

Being able to store vehicles up there is just one of the games's many glitches; if you can call it a glitch. wink.gif

smile.gif

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:36 AM

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:32 AM

Checklist updated to here.

finalforce
  • finalforce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:47 AM Edited by finalforce, 21 August 2007 - 11:35 AM.

Mission: Catalyst
Played by: finalforce
Link: http://gtasnp.com/download/4258
Notes: bike skill increased 4 times. Collected ammo.
Completion %: 17.11%

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:54 PM

@finalforce: Welcome to the chain game & thanks for playing!

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:37 PM Edited by GTA Phreak, 21 August 2007 - 03:39 PM.

I'll have a go ....

Mission: WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS
Called by: GTA Phreak
Link: http://gtasnp.com/4263
Notes: Collected the BP Sanchez (El Corona garage) failing mission once. Bike skill upgraded.
Completion: 17.65%

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:20 PM Edited by girishb, 21 August 2007 - 05:35 PM.

I'll have a go.............

Mission: JUST BUSINESS
Notes: ---

Completion:
18.18%

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:59 PM Edited by zmoonchild, 21 August 2007 - 07:55 PM.

Mission: no story missions (see the notes section)
Link: http://gtasnp.com/download/4266
Notes:

Blood Bowl complete
Chiliad Challenge Birdseye Winder Yellow Route complete (only 1 to go)
All Oysters have been collected
11 Horseshoes have been collected
Las Ventures Gym Moves learned

C.J. has a few new tattoos from Las Ventures

Progress made: 19.79% completion

finalforce
  • finalforce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:34 AM

A few questions. How do you go to las ventures? Once i swim over, i get 4 wanted levels. And, how do i do unique jumps? Cars or bikes?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users