• United-States

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

in gta 3 if u jack a car he says "Get out of the car!"

CajunSnipes
  • CajunSnipes

That guy with the AK

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 14:39)
Restating previous post:
QUOTE (Sam Houser @ producer and developer, president of Rockstar Games, 2001,)
”Claude didn't talk because "The lead player is the only person who never speaks. He has no personality. Or rather he has your personality, the player has to have freedom to act as they want, not as they think the model they are controlling should want.”
In another interview, Sam Houser said the following: “In GTA III, you had the main guy who never really had a name. I know that some people refer to him as Fido or Claude, but he was never officially given a name because we wanted it to be you.

Emphasis added.

Wish they could do this more often. biggrin.gif

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

I know it's old topic and shut up about it.

Catalina hasn't Claude's mobile phone number but she always calls CJ instead of Claude. But how she knows his name if he's mute? Claude had to tell it. And also, there's the trailer of GTA III, which Claude says "Get out of the car!". Here's it: . It means Claude ain't a mute, he just doesn't talk.

MyDog
  • MyDog

FC BARCELONA

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

"Get out of the car!" has long proven to be a fake, plus there are other means of telling someone your name.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 21:14)
QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Wednesday, Aug 15 2007, 03:21)
The "logic" that Catalina expects Claude to talk on the phone is hilarious when you remember how many times Claude silently listens to phone calls in GTA3.

claude uses a pager in GTA 3 not a phone

And just why would he choose not to talk?
Maybe R* didn't want him to talk.

Also, Catalina was Claude's girlfriend in GTA III. So, she must have known his name since then.

- Because It adds an extra element of mystery and awesome badassness to the badass that is Cluade speed (lame name for such a badass)
- Maybe they could not find a voice actor wit an awesome enough voice to fit and suit claude

and GTA 3 is 9 yrs after SA, SA is where they met, 9 lears later in LC (III era LC) the events of GTA 3 take place, really I thought this would have been obvious smile.gif maybe just a mistake on your part we all make them (reason I had to edit) cookie.gif moto_whistle.gif

I honestly don't think he's badass.

He's completely boring sleepy.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

A Problem with large (many paged) Topics is that Readers don't bother with looking through the posts to see what already has been said, usually just jumping in to post.
Here:
QUOTE (Sam Houser @ producer and developer, president of Rockstar Games, 2001,)
”Claude didn't talk because "The lead player is the only person who never speaks. He has no personality. Or rather he has your personality, the player has to have freedom to act as they want, not as they think the model they are controlling should want.”
In another interview, Sam Houser said the following: “In GTA III, you had the main guy who never really had a name. I know that some people refer to him as Fido or Claude, but he was never officially given a name because we wanted it to be you.

Emphasis added.

Carl Johnson is the 'first' such Player Controlled Charactor (PCC) to talk.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (GTA_dog @ Wednesday, Aug 15 2007, 00:07)
In San Andreas, when you beat Claude at a race where you meet Wu Zi Mu, you get a garage in Doherty, thus making you fix up the trash heap. Throughout the game Catalina calls you and says dumb things to CJ. One time she calls she was ment to actually call Claude, but called CJ instead. Claude isn't a mute to talk on the phone. He can't make sound effects in the background and have conversations with Claude unless he had a voice. Catalina also knows the his name is Claude. He must've told her! Claude, a mute? No. My opinion, he chooses not to talk. sly.gif

I know its been 5 years but, @OP that was just an excuse so Catalina could talk to CJ dude, did you not see the irony in that phone call? He's definately mute, regardless of what you say. Catalina was deeply in love with CJ even after their last mission together. Actually through out the whole game.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, Dec 24 2012, 07:30)

No, Tommy Vercetti was.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Did the protagonists in the Top Down games not speak?

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Monday, Dec 24 2012, 08:06)
Did the protagonists in the Top Down games not speak?

I don't think so, but you could 'interact' by burping and/or farting by pressing a designated button.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 21:50)
QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, Dec 24 2012, 07:30)

No, Tommy Vercetti was.

That's what I thought notify.gif

Papi Chulo
  • Papi Chulo

Rookie Of The Year

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Claude was on that mute sh*t right after Catalina dropped is ass outside the bank.

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

I don't think he was ever a mute, he was just the silent type...to the point that he never talked, ever.

In III he grunted when he got shot or fell so he can make noise, but just chooses not to. Obviously he must talk SOMETIMES but that's out of the player's eye.

GTADrinkandRock
  • GTADrinkandRock

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

I have another theory. He chooses not to talk because he has a speech impediment and is really self-conscious about that and Catalina is the only person he ever talks to. End of story. Essentially a mute for the most part and not just for the reason of being the strong, silent type.

If it hadn't been for a few years of intensive speech therapy, I probably would have gone around grunting and pointing at things because I couldn't pronounce the words. I know someone who has a severe speech impediment to the point that mostly only people who have been around him can really understand him. He's not all that loud in front of strangers, but when he gets to know a person he really starts talking.

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Claude's mute and I'm gonna explain it:

Some people think he doesn't speak after Catalina betrays and shoots him during the bank robbery in GTA III. Then, why he doesn't speak in GTA San Andreas, which is set in 1992 (9 years before GTA III)? In GTA San Andreas, during the mission called Wear Flowers in Your Hair, CJ's quote "Motherf*cker! That mute asshole!" confirms Claude's mute. In GTA III, during the mission called Chaperone, Maria calls Claude Fido. It's probably his own nickname. In GTA San Andreas, Catalina always calls CJ and says how she loves Claude. And how they know who's he? He's mute, so he just wrote it on the paper.

I also have noticed Claude's voice in GTA III. Watch this video if you want to see it. But listen carefully!

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Maybe CJ took the voice box, out of Claude devil.gif

Muffin_Man
  • Muffin_Man

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Maybe Claude likes to listen instead of talk. f**k knows

gen pepsi
  • gen pepsi

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Ottae @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2007, 18:42)
She didn't accidentally ring Carl, she rang him on purpose to make him feel jealous.

Correct. i think she pretends to be having sex on the phone.

And really, at the end of the day, its a nod to GTA III by rockstar (The fact his name is Claude is a nod to GTA2). Rockstar have stated before that he never talked so you felt like the protagonist - before they got into decent character development in future games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users