Photo

Claude is NOT a Mute

167 replies to this topic
CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:26 PM

would Claude grunt or yelp if he was shot though? plus it would of been nice if he had a voice so you could tell easily if he was POed.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

The silence adds the mistery to Claude. The fact that he doesn't talk makes him one of the best GTA character.

Deuce Deuce
  • Deuce Deuce

-

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:41 PM

You're right. I didn't think of it like that though.

RIPER
  • RIPER

Hoooof!

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:03 AM

The VC characters called Tommy that he's like a woman and tommy tried to make this negative, may Claude has an ugly voice and take his self mute and become a psycho biggrin.gif rahkstar2.gif

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (GTA_dog @ Aug 14 2007, 19:07)
In San Andreas, when you beat Claude at a race where you meet Wu Zi Mu, you get a garage in Doherty, thus making you fix up the trash heap. Throughout the game Catalina calls you and says dumb things to CJ. One time she calls she was ment to actually call Claude, but called CJ instead. Claude isn't a mute to talk on the phone. He can't make sound effects in the background and have conversations with Claude unless he had a voice. Catalina also knows the his name is Claude. He must've told her! Claude, a mute? No. My opinion, he chooses not to talk. sly.gif

Maybe, just maybe it's a video phone and Claude uses sign language!

sarcasm.gif

badjab
  • badjab

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (starion @ Aug 16 2007, 02:07)
In San Andreas, when you beat Claude at a race where you meet Wu Zi Mu, you get a garage in Doherty, thus making you fix up the trash heap. Throughout the game Catalina calls you and says dumb things to CJ. One time she calls she was ment to actually call Claude, but called CJ instead. Claude isn't a mute to talk on the phone. He can't make sound effects in the background and have conversations with Claude unless he had a voice. Catalina also knows the his name is Claude. He must've told her! Claude, a mute? No. My opinion, he chooses not to talk. sly.gif

sarcasm.gif

there were no video phones in the 90s but there were text messages.

Deuce Deuce
  • Deuce Deuce

-

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (badjab @ Aug 16 2007, 02:57)
QUOTE (starion @ Aug 16 2007, 02:07)

sarcasm.gif

there were no video phones in the 90s but there were text messages.

He was being sarcastic buddy wink.gif

PANDAEMON
  • PANDAEMON

King ov hell and the devil's son

• Members

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:39 AM

claude isnt a mute.

he just prefers to shoot first and talk later. wink.gif

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (girishb @ Aug 14 2007, 18:16)
And just why would he choose not to talk?
Maybe R* didn't want him to talk.

Also, Catalina was Claude's girlfriend in GTA III. So, she must have known his name since then.

GTA3 is a SEquel to SA,it's in 2001,and SA is in 92!

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Claude GTA3 @ Aug 15 2007, 22:44)
QUOTE (girishb @ Aug 14 2007, 18:16)
And just why would he choose not to talk?
Maybe R* didn't want him to talk.

Also, Catalina was Claude's girlfriend in GTA III. So, she must have known his name since then.

GTA3 is a SEquel to SA,it's in 2001,and SA is in 92!

Actually its a prequel, but you get the idea.

Seleets
  • Seleets

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 August 2007 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Mokiesmoky @ Aug 15 2007, 18:03)
QUOTE (Seleets @ Aug 15 2007, 10:03)
How can he be mute? Wasn't he the main character in Liberty City? Didn't he speak in that?

Yes he was the main character in Liberty City ( GTA III not stories ). He didn't talk.... suicidal.gif

I haven't played GTA III in so long, I can't believe he never even spoke confused.gif

RIPER
  • RIPER

Hoooof!

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:04 PM

May a voice actor was expensive in 2001 biggrin.gif

michael7
  • michael7

I'm blind,not stupid.

• Members

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:12 PM

When you let Claude jump from a high building,he will say:"AH.......OHH~~~~"
He is not a mute.

err0rz0n
  • err0rz0n

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (michael7 @ Aug 19 2007, 22:12)
He is not a mute.

lol.. biggrin.gif

and by the way, mutes do say "ahh, oohh.." they make sounds, and sometimes understandable..

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (michael7 @ Aug 19 2007, 22:12)
He is not a mute.

good point

RIPER
  • RIPER

Hoooof!

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:11 PM

He is not a mute.

Find Mute mna and Push him from a Building, you see he will Speak sarcasm.gif mercie_blink.gif

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:57 AM Edited by freak2121, 20 August 2007 - 03:11 AM.

if you watch a beta gta 3 trailer you can hear him talk when he crashes and stuff just like CJ so rockstar did have claude to talk in beta but they removed his voice for the final
EDIT:here is the link --->Click Me For Proving Claude Wasnt A Mute<---

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:30 AM

Technically, he does grunt when he's shot at in GTA III but he never talks. The grunts show he's able to talk (possibly) but he never bothers to so he's just mute.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (freak2121 @ Aug 20 2007, 02:57)
if you watch a beta gta 3 trailer you can hear him talk when he crashes and stuff just like CJ so rockstar did have claude to talk in beta but they removed his voice for the final
EDIT:here is the link --->Click Me For Proving Claude Wasnt A Mute<---

Wrong, that is people from missions and stuff that are in the final game. They just voice overed it.

XN22
  • XN22

Breathe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:51 AM

Fido doesn't talk, end of story...

sniper_rifle_gta
  • sniper_rifle_gta

Scareface

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:14 AM

last time I checked claude was in GTA 3 so maybe you should post it there
btw maybe r* thought making him not talk would be sexy and mysterious
which is how i found the character rolleyes.gif

kill her in my iller
  • kill her in my iller

Every Time I Come Around They Like "Oh No!"

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:25 AM

I'm pretty sure in the GTA2 movie his lips move, and in San Andreas you see him talking to other people in the back ground, on the phone to chatterbox maria says "i like this guy but he don't talk MUCH so i don't know if he's serious" but then again CJ calls him a mute when he had no clue he wasn't around him for more than 40 seconds,so that's a pretty strong message from R* that he is a mute but everything else...omg this is gonna keep me up.

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:55 PM

Dude what the f*ck will that do to the world if Claude is mute or not? I know he got shot in the throat back in GTA 3 which was 2003 or so. And in SA, in 1992, they were like love birds. Claude racing, Catalina robbing and both livingg la vida loca. They were kings of the world.So in 1992, they love each other like the pope likes goats, and in 2003, 9 yrs later Catalina shot her love bird in the throat. So in the throat maybe Claude is mute. And remeber in GTA 3 he would go to a payphone and pick it up and someone would say his missions? Then maybe he would press a number on the phone to say yes or no. Claude is actually mute because he didnt talk in GTA 3 n'or in SA. But remeber Catalina says he will win to get a ticket to Liberty city during the first race or so? You won the race so they are pissed, so they they maybe rob to get that money fot that ticket, but it goes all wrong when they arrive at Libery Ctiy. So i think there was something that happened before that race. Or maybe he just wanted not to talk. This seems a bit long and useless. Really this topic IS useless. But hey, some dude wants info, we gonna help but how can we help by asking a mute guy 'hey can you talk'? Thats stupid, lock this tread or something Lol.
WATCH OUT, CLAUDE SPEED IS SAYING BIG.......SIGNS! icon13.gif

-j0k3R

Seleets
  • Seleets

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (livejoker @ Aug 20 2007, 16:55)
Dude what the f*ck will that do to the world if Claude is mute or not? I know he got shot in the throat back in GTA 3 which was 2003 or so. And in SA, in 1992, they were like love birds. Claude racing, Catalina robbing and both livingg la vida loca. They were kings of the world.So in 1992, they love each other like the pope likes goats, and in 2003, 9 yrs later Catalina shot her love bird in the throat. So in the throat maybe Claude is mute. And remeber in GTA 3 he would go to a payphone and pick it up and someone would say his missions? Then maybe he would press a number on the phone to say yes or no. Claude is actually mute because he didnt talk in GTA 3 n'or in SA. But remeber Catalina says he will win to get a ticket to Liberty city during the first race or so? You won the race so they are pissed, so they they maybe rob to get that money fot that ticket, but it goes all wrong when they arrive at Libery Ctiy. So i think there was something that happened before that race. Or maybe he just wanted not to talk. This seems a bit long and useless. Really this topic IS useless. But hey, some dude wants info, we gonna help but how can we help by asking a mute guy 'hey can you talk'? Thats stupid, lock this tread or something Lol.

-j0k3R

Three letters... W, T and F?

kill her in my iller
  • kill her in my iller

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (livejoker @ Aug 20 2007, 16:55)

-j0k3R

Who are you?

bagga rabbit
  • bagga rabbit

***M2D***

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:16 PM

Claude may not BE a mute but he IS mute

drozle
  • drozle

Big D

• Members

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:27 AM

Maybye it is offreply to your discussion here...But I have readed someone sayed sw him in SA talking with others,and I thouth that GTA 3 was 9 years later than SA...So he could talk in SA.Now,when you wach GTA 3 first cut-scene he was shot by Catalina...so maybye she shot at his neck or somethin' so he can't breath and can't run and take money from that"Crazy Bith!".I guess medics couldn't estabilish his voice,so he IS NOT mute in SA,but he IS mute in gta 3.But when he fall from building or get shot he grunts.So maybye it hurts his neck when he talks so he perfers(can't spell that damn word) to don't talk.So maybye he is not mute...

kill her in my iller
  • kill her in my iller

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:03 PM

I think it is our dissicion like whether it was Vic or Pete that dies in Vice City.

Pman819
  • Pman819

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:38 AM

i thought claude was tommy verceti so confused.gif ( i found out recently)

drozle
  • drozle

Big D

• Members

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:26 AM

Tommy Vercetti? turn.gif .I lost my speech

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users