GTA IV Delayed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,175 replies to this topic
crazyapu
  • crazyapu

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:06 AM

wow thats really some horrible nightmares about a game not being released well thats really something to have nightmares about instead of all the violence and hate in the world tounge.gif

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (crazyapu @ Nov 14 2007, 02:06)
wow thats really some horrible nightmares about a game not being released well thats really something to have nightmares about instead of all the violence and hate in the world tounge.gif

i was just joking and making a point lol but the one with the news on GTA4.Net is real but that was like a small part of a big dream (a dream i can't remember)

freshlaundryX
  • freshlaundryX

KindaGamey.com

• Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:48 PM

I played Bioshock when it came out, even went to the release party. It was pretty damn good. Got Mass Effect 9 days early from a dumb K-Mart employee. It has problems, man, but its ok. Assassin's Creed comes out today and I hear it is pretty good, but again has little sniggling problems and gets repetitive.

GTA IV -- you are my only hope. The only one that can restore my faith in the interactive medium. Rise from the ashes and fly! fly! do usability studies for Christ's sake and make sure the menu and control schemes aren't dumb and annoying. Don't give in to the lowest common denominator!

Randomname01
  • Randomname01

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:23 AM

For all you guys complaining about the delay and you impateince, go get a life!

You could be going out with friends, going to parties, taking up extra curricular activites (sports, ect), going places, ect. And you should also be working hard at your school work and material if you haven't done so already.

There's a lot more to life than a game.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (Randomname01 @ Nov 19 2007, 05:23)

You could be going out with friends, going to parties, taking up extra curricular activites (sports, ect), going places, ect. And you should also be working hard at your school work and material if you haven't done so already.

GTA Tratior! lol.gif , but you make a good point. I say just pop in some old GTA's and play those for awhile.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 19 November 2007 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Ronnyboy @ Nov 19 2007, 06:58)
QUOTE (Randomname01 @ Nov 19 2007, 05:23)

GTA Tratior! lol.gif , but you make a good point. I say just pop in some old GTA's and play those for awhile.

im to busy playing assasins creed to be playing GTA right now or to do any "cough" sports

Travar
  • Travar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Randomname01 @ Nov 19 2007, 07:23)

Uh...oh... I mean... I realy dont get you.. What do you mean with the sentence "There's a lot more to life than a game."... Is there more?

Like what for example?
Because all I've been seeing in my life lately is just GTA... And than GTA... and than Assassin's Creed...

And these are all games...

So whats more to life than a game? Oh, now I get you,.. You mean thats more to life than a game... Two games!

Exactly what am I doing. GTA and Assassin's Creed... Two games! Wo hooo!

spdrman8
  • spdrman8

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:31 PM

The delay is the PS3's fault as quote On IGN
"It's unfortunate that GTA was delayed because the PS3 version was not finished in time. But hey, there are so many great games out right now that GTA coming out next spring means we will all actually have more time to play it." - Donald Mustard, Creative Director, Chair Entertainment

Source

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:50 PM Edited by geomy, 25 November 2007 - 09:55 PM.

QUOTE (spdrman8 @ Nov 25 2007, 12:31)
The delay is the PS3's fault as quote On IGN
"It's unfortunate that..." - Donald Mustard, Creative Director, Chair Entertainment

Source

Mustard in the Parlor with the Candlestick. Dammit...Peacock! Foiled again!

Who the hell is Donald Mustard of Chair Entertainment and what does he know about what goes on behind closed doors at Take 2 Interactive?? The game is delayed, and there's no reason as to why. Everyone has their own ideas, but no one knows for certain but R* and T2; and if they're smart, they won't tell.

Still the only Official Source

____
EDIT: You might say, Mustard doesn't have a CLUE™!

Deuce Deuce
  • Deuce Deuce

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (geomy @ Nov 25 2007, 21:50)
Everyone has their own ideas, but no one knows for certain but R* and T2; and if they're smart, they won't tell.

Why? It would stop everyone fighting over who's theory is the best on the subject of the delay. Plus it would also stop people with "the game was delayed because of the crappy 360" idea. Pisses me off.

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:46 PM

If they pinpoint the reason as being a particular system, that won't bode well for any future R* or T2 has with that console.

The game has been delayed, what does it matter what caused it?

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (The Night Fox @ Nov 12 2007, 17:49)
R* and Take2 are still refusing to give a release date mad.gif

So they shall die by thy sword!!!

Deuce Deuce
  • Deuce Deuce

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (geomy @ Nov 25 2007, 22:46)
If they pinpoint the reason as being a particular system, that won't bode well for any future R* or T2 has with that console.

The only reason for the delay I see being completely legit is the fact that Rockstar are working with not just one console here, but two. As a result, more and more problems pop up as their work progresses since they are two completely different systems and Rockstar need to keep everything same on both. I bet they could have released the 360 version in October, but as far as their contract goes they have to release both versions simultaneously (not saying it is the PS3's falt, but again just that they're working with two different systems and thus caused more problems than they thought in the long run).

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Deuce Deuce @ Nov 27 2007, 12:00)

The only reason for the delay I see being completely legit is the fact that Rockstar are working with not just one console here, but two. As a result, more and more problems pop up as their work progresses since they are two completely different systems and Rockstar need to keep everything same on both. I bet they could have released the 360 version in October, but as far as their contract goes they have to release both versions simultaneously (not saying it is the PS3's falt, but again just that they're working with two different systems and thus caused more problems than they thought in the long run).

yeah us 360 owners want our version of the game R O A R

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (Deuce Deuce @ Nov 27 2007, 11:00)
The only reason for the delay I see being completely legit is the fact that Rockstar are working with not just one console here, but two.

aaaaaaaaahhh, bullsh*t?

Many games are programmed to two consoles at the same time, Assasin's Creed, Mercenaries 2, etc.

CODE_WARRIOR
  • CODE_WARRIOR

The Goodness

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:54 PM

may be...

Hobo-Lord
  • Hobo-Lord

you jelly? yah u jelly

• Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:15 AM

i just want to take the time and say that i tried making the time seem faster... by releasing two user made games...

lol biggrin.gif
if you go on gta4.net they have a tumbleweed animation as their top bar

mr_mcgregors
  • mr_mcgregors

cerpin taxt

• Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:22 AM Edited by mr_mcgregors, 28 November 2007 - 10:24 AM.

QUOTE (Ph3L1z14n0 @ Nov 27 2007, 16:58)
The only reason for the delay I see being completely legit is the fact that Rockstar are working with not just one console here, but two.

aaaaaaaaahhh, bullsh*t?

Many games are programmed to two consoles at the same time, Assasin's Creed, Mercenaries 2, etc.

That's totally true, but this is the first GTA (or R*N?) that's had simultaneous next/now-gen development - one of which is a brand new hardware architecture.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:39 AM

Right-o!
I am preaching what I had been told as a possible fact, the game is down to overhaul the graphics, that being, scale them back to get them to work on the various hardware of 360 and PS3. The game is intended to be of very little difference. I know fanboys probably think that will not be the case, but coming from R* themselves, I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

crackdawg
  • crackdawg

supreme ruler

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:31 PM

I thought there was a official announcement that the delay was because of development a while back, and it would be between February and August of 08? August is almost a full year away.

I'll be happy with footage of actual game play in testing instead of scripted scenes.

PS: I think it's funny how people get pissed, but you know they're going to buy, or take time to download the image when the game is published.

Californian
  • Californian

LocoLowCo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:57 AM

lmao at the second post, he posted "yeah ok. BS"

*cant wait for trailer 3*

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:08 AM

This may belong in a different thread, and may already have been hashed up, but is anyone else scared by Take2's announcement page, specifically the complete lack of ANY mention of PC versions of any of their games?

Seriously, go through the lists: BioShock (X & PC), Carnival Games (Wii), Table Tennis (Wii), Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (X & PC), NBA 2K8 (X, PS3&2), NHL 2K8 (X, PS3&2), Beaterator (PSP), Bully: Scholarship Edition (X, Wii), College Hoops 2K8 (X,PS2&3), Grand Theft Auto IV (X, PS3), GTAIV Episodic Content (X), L.A. Noire (PS3), Midnight Club: Los Angeles (X, PS3), Major League Baseball 2K8 + NBA2k9 + NHL 2k9 ("Multiple Platforms"), Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (X, PS2, DS, Wii), Top Spin 3 (X, PS3).

A whole 2 PC games. You'd think they'd at least MENTION it since it has an impact on their bottom line to port to PC plus all those lovely revenues. Do you think they've gotten sick of all the hacking? biggrin.gif

I think that would be the day my gameplaying dies. (Console controls = evil)

nego00
  • nego00

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (rockaustin @ Aug 2 2007, 20:36)
Yeah ok. BS.

i saw this and it was hilarious!

GTA_Godfather
  • GTA_Godfather

PC Advocate

• Members

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:29 PM

I think the delay was not only because the difficulties with the PS3, but because of low frame rates (which we already knew about), and Xbox 360. I think R* has used this extra time to polish the game which is great.

Recall how there were "glitches" in trailers one and two. This was evidenced by people sinking into the pavement, building pop-in, the man standing floating above the anchor, and so on. I haven't seen or heard much of that with trailer 3.

I wouldn't worry about a PC version at this point. I think it's inevitable. Not bringing out a PC version would be like throwing millions of dollars away, and Take 2 needs all they can get to make investors happy and to help develop future GTA titles.

I have only played PC versions. It's a much better gaming experience for GTA any way you slice it. I just hope I don't have wait too long after the console release. The wait has been so long already, I don't know if I CAN keep from buying a console to play it sooner.

xerxes_
  • xerxes_

i do diz 4 d lulz

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:51 PM

Damnit. Change the thread of the title to "Old: GTA IV Delayed" each time someone posts in it I think it's delayed again. (No offense to the last poster or any other posters wink.gif )

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:33 PM Edited by deathdealer, 12 December 2007 - 08:39 PM.

Oh f*ck, GTA 4's been delayed to Q3 of 2008.

CheatCC.com/article/GTA4_delayed_to_2008_Q3

Edit: I doubt it's was an issue with a single console that caused the delay.

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (deathdealer @ Dec 12 2007, 15:33)

Nice spam. confused.gif

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (spike88 @ Dec 12 2007, 20:34)
QUOTE (deathdealer @ Dec 12 2007, 15:33)

Nice spam. confused.gif

relax dude, it's all in good fun.

on topic: I beleive the delay was caused by some coding errors or serious glitch issues.

freshlaundryX
  • freshlaundryX

KindaGamey.com

• Members

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:55 PM Edited by freshlaundryX, 14 December 2007 - 04:51 PM.

http://games.kikizo....0705/101_p3.asp

And there are no load times, period, according to Brown. "You can basically play the game from beginning to end without a single load screen," he explains. And it won't be affected by your choice of console between Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, either: "They will both be the same," says Brown - although he couldn't confirm at this point whether the PS3 uses caching on its hard disc. "We're still trying to solve all the riddles on both platforms; there is no target console... obviously it was in development a little bit longer on Xbox 360, just because people had access to the tools earlier, hence the PS3 [version currently] being slightly behind, but we'll probably be catching up in about a month on that. But in terms of actual development for both, to be honest I think they both have their own pleasures and pains. But the ultimate goal is for them both to be fantastic come October."

http://games.kikizo....0705/101_p5.asp

Some three years into development now, is it looking like GTA will make its release date in October? Basically, yes. "We've been pretty much on the money," Brown assures us. "We've never been off longer than a week or two I think." But, when Rockstar first showed San Andreas back at E3 2004, half of Los Santos was still wire-frame, just a few months from release - so how pressing is the schedule now? "So much of the development gets done in the last few months. I think people would be quite shocked... how most of the time is spent mapping everything and getting everything done... fleshing it out and putting textures in is actually one of the last things!"

http://games.kikizo....707/115_p01.asp

Once again, our demo takes place on the Xbox 360 version of the game - in fact, nobody has seen anything of the PS3 version to date, outside of Rockstar and Take 2. We actually expected to see the PS3 version this time. "It's still a week or two behind," Rockstar told us, saying that we'll "absolutely" get to see it soon, but that for demo purposes this version was easier to show.

http://games.kikizo....707/115_p10.asp

And yes, Rockstar again reconfirmed to us that it is still on course for its stated release dates. Only three months to go!

http://games.kikizo....4.asp?f=004.asp

Rumours prompted by an analyst note had it that Rockstar could delay Grand Theft Auto IV until November, but the company has come out today to deny the claims.

We contacted the company for comment and were told that the game is on track for release in "late October".

Grand Theft Auto fans have had October circled as the date for the arrival of the first Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 instalment since last year. Microsoft surprised many people by revealing in May that Halo 3 would be out in late September. According to one analyst, that could be a problem.

In a note to investors, relayed in part by GameDaily, analyst Michael Pachter speculated that troubled Rockstar parent company Take 2 could push back the release of Grand Theft Auto IV into its next financial year, which begins in November.

"We believe that a two-week delay would provide a reasonable gap between the launch of Halo 3 and the launch of GTA IV, and would actually help sales of both games," he wrote.

billco
  • billco

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:26 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad.gif

why game delay?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users