GTA IV Delayed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,175 replies to this topic
nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:56 PM

AWWESOME, DUDE, f*ckING AWESOME! :DDDDDDDDD YAAAY, PC version released later, but at least I can afford a f*cking console! ROCK ON, BABY, f*ckING ROOOOOOOOOOOOOCK OOOOOOON I'm crying from happinnes! RIGHT in time when consoles get cheaper, might even afford a very good HDTV in my own room!

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Got my own theme music, plays wherever I are.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Aug 2 2007, 16:55)
QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Aug 2 2007, 20:53)
QUOTE (MicFeend @ Aug 2 2007, 16:52)
why the delay? confused.gif

"With Grand Theft Auto IV, Rockstar is setting a new standard for next generation video games. Certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected, especially given the commitment for a simultaneous release on two very different platforms. We all recognize that perfecting the game is vital and I can assure everyone it will be worth the wait. We owe it to the game's millions of fans, to our dedicated development team, and to our shareholders to make sure that Grand Theft Auto IV is a groundbreaking gaming experience that takes maximum advantage of next generation technology."

enough BS i want the proper facts

That statement comes from Take2.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:57 PM

SIP YEK NOD gets the ball rolling on the ol "its cuz the ps3 is too complicated"/"its cuz of the crappy dvd 360" theories

could this be because the ps3 is too complicated, or the xbox 360s dvd limitation catspider.gif

teehee

dfrawley888
  • dfrawley888

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

At least it gives 'em time to add features and stuff

MicFeend
  • MicFeend

American Gangster®

• Members

"With Grand Theft Auto IV, Rockstar is setting a new standard for next generation video games. Certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected, especially given the commitment for a simultaneous release on two very different platforms. We all recognize that perfecting the game is vital and I can assure everyone it will be worth the wait. We owe it to the game's millions of fans, to our dedicated development team, and to our shareholders to make sure that Grand Theft Auto IV is a groundbreaking gaming experience that takes maximum advantage of next generation technology."

oh ok then *nervous* colgate.gif

JohnnyDrama
  • JohnnyDrama

so much drama

• Members

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:58 PM

Ah, damn. I knew something wasn't kosher. Rockstar kept claiming to be showing 'older' demo builds, editors kept complaining of choppy frame-rate, etc. Things just didn't add up.

Maybe the game just wasn't where Rockstar wanted it to be. I honestly hope this is a case of just wanting to do a better job on the finished product, not something to do with another bunch of critics trying to slap the AO rating on IV. Hey, you never know. I've got a feeling Rockstar is under more pressure than we could possibly understand after that whole Manhunt 2 bit.

Oh, well. Looks like we're all waiting till next year for this title to show it's face on store shelves. However, I wonder where we go from here with announcements and new information? With a setback like this..well, it's possible the information will slow down, even come to a grinding halt.

sad.gif

Skyline_man
  • Skyline_man

GTA V!!

• Members

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:58 PM

Dammit, at least announce a PC version. sneaky2.gif

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Aug 2 2007, 20:56)
QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Aug 2 2007, 16:55)

enough BS i want the proper facts

That statement comes from Take2.

yeah i know sounds like technical BS to Me
that paragraph roughly translated means:-

heres my fist gta fans im sticking it up you ass yes yes i know it doesnt feel good but its for the best

Magenta
  • Magenta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:00 PM

Don't expect anything new to come of this, the game will now be almost complete. They won't use this time to add new features to the core promise of the game.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Got my own theme music, plays wherever I are.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:00 PM

Well, seeing as how Rockstar wanted players to discover most of the game for themselves, I doubt we'll be getting any new info about the game itself for, quite a while.

C0met
  • C0met

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:01 PM

Good'ish news (for me atleast) now i have more time to save up for a console and a huge hd tv to play it on. Imagin playing it on a tiny screen that i have... wow.gif

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

PC players dont get your hopes up is all i can say, i wouldnt even expect a 2009 release for the pc, but, R* has always been pretty much unpredictable.

mammasaidknokyouout
  • mammasaidknokyouout

Player Hater

• Members

well... i guess Halo 3 will be the game of the year then. I don`t mind if its delaid for afew weeks or evan a month but April, comon rahkstar2.gif give us fans a break!!!! geez suicidal.gif

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:02 PM

Wow that's a surprise. Damn... that's a long as wait. I can see it being delayed a month or so... but yeah, 6 is a LOT. At least the game will be even more perfect... or something. Hopefully there'll be nearly no glitches, and they really make this game as great as possible. 6 months is a LONG TIME.

Uhg, man.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

damn they have been rubbing me up my inner thigh for 2 months now with trailers. im siting here now waiting to explode and they just up and leave i feel so used

sorry still peed off

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

"Certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected, especially given the commitment for a simultaneous release on two very different platforms."

The playstation 3 build we all knew was behind by a couple of weeks, considering R* have an agreement to release the game on both consoles simultaneously, has the PS3 caused this delay?

PSNr
  • PSNr

A Ped in IV

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:03 PM

A six-month delay!! confused.gif

This is the worst news EVER.

Maybe it has to do with the content and ESRB?? I mean, fixing the bugs and glitches doesn't take 6 months!! I'm sure they are to adjust some of the game content.

Worst news ever!! suicidal.gif

BlackStar2k
  • BlackStar2k

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Only one thing can describe this :

mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif

Seriously ARGH!

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Yes! More time to save up for a 360.

frankie123
  • frankie123

Snitch

• Members

this is f*ckign bullsh*t! release it and fix the bugs with free download packs

rasomaso
  • rasomaso

...when you die you're just getting rid of that old body.

• Members

WHAT?????????????????

suicidal.gif

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Wow. While I want my new GTA as soon as possible, I want the best game R* can give me. If that means waiting another few months, so be it. I wonder what the Halo fans think of all this...

mammasaidknokyouout
  • mammasaidknokyouout

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (PetsOvernight @ Aug 2 2007, 21:02)
Wow that's a surprise. Damn... that's a long as wait. I can see it being delayed a month or so... but yeah, 6 is a LOT. At least the game will be even more perfect... or something. Hopefully there'll be nearly no glitches, and they really make this game as great as possible. 6 months is a LONG TIME.

Uhg, man.

yea good point I`d rather i play a game with no glitches then a game that was rushed to completion

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Rockstar have better make sure that the "Bug Searchers" they have pull their finger out and do a good job, becuase with a 6 month delay, people should now expect a top-notch game with NO bug whatsoever.

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Will this thread turn out like that "NEW SCREENS" thread, but with negative responses instead?

HOLY f*ck NOOOOOOO!!

LakersGM1
  • LakersGM1

Weed Killer

• Members

What am I suppose to buy now? God awful Halo 3?

RMT
  • RMT

Grr

• Feroci
  • None

Well didn't some report from seeing the E3 version that it was highly unstable framerate wise? guess they took the advise from that. I'll admit, I'm am pissed off since it was the game to look forward to this year. But it just means I can spend my £40 on something else Q4.

Annoying it's a good few months into 08.

Soton
  • Soton

Special Member

• Members

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:05 PM

With that much of a delay i'm expecting flying cats and dogs that wield rocket launchers. Maybe we can fly space shuttles. cry.gif

... seriously though, were they planning on screwing us over by releasing it in October? It can't be that unfinished.. can it?

dfrawley888
  • dfrawley888

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Well since my birthday and Christmas are both before that date I'll probably be able to buy a big f*ck-off 52" LCD to play it on.

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

QUOTE (Rob. @ Aug 2 2007, 23:02)
"Certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected, especially given the commitment for a simultaneous release on two very different platforms."

The playstation 3 build we all knew was behind by a couple of weeks, considering R* have an agreement to release the game on both consoles simultaneously, has the PS3 caused this delay?

Now now, don't get started on fanboyism.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users