Photo

Grand Theft Auto General

6 replies to this topic
willy_825
  • willy_825

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:51 AM

There should be a part of the forum for all Grand Theft Auto games in general. I just thought that would be cool.

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:49 AM Edited by Runey., 28 July 2007 - 07:53 AM.

We have a general area for all the GTA Games separately ...if we made one for every Grand Theft Auto title that exists, it would become confusing.

It's not needed.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 28 July 2007 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (Runey. @ Jul 28 2007, 02:49)
We have a general area for all the GTA Games separately ...if we made one for every Grand Theft Auto title that exists, it would become confusing.

It's not needed.

I agree. If a thread bears some sort of significant discussion about GTA in general, such as the GTA Trivia thread, for example, then we just let it run in the newset GTA forum.

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:38 PM

I think he means one general forum for all GTAs collectively. Not a terrible idea, but like Runey. said, it's not really needed.

All-Blacks
  • All-Blacks

• Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:02 PM

We're getting to the point where this 'suggestion' should be pinned. Or even applied wink.gif .

GSFfan
  • GSFfan

• Members

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:40 PM Edited by GSFfan, 05 March 2009 - 09:50 PM.

edit: never mind, i don't care anymore

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (GSFfan @ Mar 6 2009, 03:10)
...old thread, but the only one that hasn't been locked

...and will probably get locked now.

You should have realised the reason the recent topic was locked is because we are not going to have a General GTA forum in the near future because there just aren't enough active general topics that'd create enough activity to actually warrant a forum of its own.

Here's a quote from fred (admin):
QUOTE (fred @ Mar 5 2009, 17:26)
I don't see a need for a general forum myself. There's just not going to enough topics to justify a separate forum.

What's so wrong with where they get posted originally? Any general sounding topic can be approached in the context of the forum where it was posted. For instance, "Best GTA" in the SA forums is just a snappier way of saying "How do the other games compare to SA?".

Sure, it's not quite that simple and there will be overlap and repetition but unless there's an identical topic still active in another section, where's the harm in letting a different crowd have a crack at the idea?

That should settle this topic once and for all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users