» «
Photo

MEd v0.32 texture trouble

7 replies to this topic
SmokingCookie
  • SmokingCookie

Snitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:52 PM Edited by SmokingCookie, 23 July 2007 - 02:54 PM.

Hi,

Recently, I've downloaded MEd v0.32 onto my Microsoft Windows Vista ™ based computer. Unfortunately, it refuses to show ANY textures (I've tried to let them show up in the "View" menu, without ANY result). This is quite strange, especially since my computer is one of the latest systems available. Specs.:

QUOTE (System specs.)

Manufacturer: Acer

Model: Aspire E380

Classification: 4.6

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core processor 4600+ 2.40 GHz

Memory (RAM): 1791MB

Computer type: 32-bit Operating system

QUOTE (Hard drive specs)

Hard drive 1:

Used: 68,291,448,832 bytes (63.6GB)
Available: 53,253,513,216 bytes (49.5GB)
Capacity: 121,544,962,048 bytes (113GB)

Type: ST325082 4AS SCSI Disk Device??

Hard drive 2:

Used: 8,700,424,192 bytes (8.1GB)
Available: 112,474,398,720 bytes (104GB)
Capacity: 121,147,822,912 bytes (112GB)

Type: %Unknown%

QUOTE (MEd System Information)

MEd v0.32 - System Information

Operating System:

OpenGL Version: 1.1.0
OpenGL Vendor: Microsoft Corporation
OpenGL Renderer: GDI Generic

Supported Extension: GL_EXT_BGRA
Supported Extension: GL_EXT_PALETTED_TEXTURE

Unsupported Extension: GL_EXT_TEXTURE_COMPRESSION_S3TC

Could the last red be the problem??

Greetz,
SmokingCookie

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:13 PM

Not sure, but I think you'll get a better response in the tools section.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:00 PM

i had the exact same problem when i installed Vista on my newly built PC.

i have 2 x Nvidia 7600GT pci-e gfx cards in sli configuration.

i tried updating the Nvidia drivers to the latest and it ran fine but San Andreas then refused to run.

eventually after 3 weeks of updating Vista and all drivers (with no success) i found the solution.

the Nvidia drivers get unpacked to a folder before they're installed by the Nvidia setup, so with this in mind i did a little experiment.

here's how i fixed the problem.

first i installed all the drivers using the Nvidia app then i did a system restore to the original Vista driver setup before the Nvidia drivers were installed.

then i did a rmb over the desktop and went to personalise, then display settings then advanced settings, adapter tab and properties.

then into the driver tab\update driver\ browse my computer for driver software then browse to C:\NVIDIA\WinVista, hit next and then Vista locates the newer drivers and updates them, after a restart MEd works and SA runs fine.

i now have all the SLI settings running fine too.

good luck, if you're using an ATI card i have no idea how to help you but this method may still work for you.

on a side note to the gtaforums staff, you're going to get a lot of Vista based problems soon, it may be time to start a Vista FAQ topic somewhere and start adding the discovered info wink.gif

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:06 PM

It definately is an idea, something we'll look into.

SmokingCookie
  • SmokingCookie

Snitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:22 AM Edited by SmokingCookie, 26 July 2007 - 07:25 AM.

QUOTE (Gforce @ Jul 23 2007, 22:00)
i had the exact same problem when i installed Vista on my newly built PC.

i have 2 x Nvidia 7600GT pci-e gfx cards in sli configuration.

i tried updating the Nvidia drivers to the latest and it ran fine but San Andreas then refused to run.

eventually after 3 weeks of updating Vista and all drivers (with no success) i found the solution.

the Nvidia drivers get unpacked to a folder before they're installed by the Nvidia setup, so with this in mind i did a little experiment.

here's how i fixed the problem.

first i installed all the drivers using the Nvidia app then i did a system restore to the original Vista driver setup before the Nvidia drivers were installed.

then i did a rmb over the desktop and went to personalise, then display settings then advanced settings, adapter tab and properties.

then into the driver tab\update driver\ browse my computer for driver software then browse to C:\NVIDIA\WinVista, hit next and then Vista locates the newer drivers and updates them, after a restart MEd works and SA runs fine.

i now have all the SLI settings running fine too.

good luck, if you're using an ATI card i have no idea how to help you but this method may still work for you.

on a side note to the gtaforums staff, you're going to get a lot of Vista based problems soon, it may be time to start a Vista FAQ topic somewhere and start adding the discovered info  wink.gif

I have the GeForce 7600 GT too and I have the GeForce 6700, so I hope it's gonna work and of course:

TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS!! Does MEd show textures now??

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:20 PM

lol you put a tm on the vista hahaha. Just could not be avoided...

SmokingCookie
  • SmokingCookie

Snitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:44 PM

@ Gforce:

It didn't work for me cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif
I'll see whether or not Tonywob can help me

SmokingCookie
  • SmokingCookie

Snitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:07 AM

YEEEEEHA GOT IT WORKING!! Updated drivers of graphics card biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users