Photo

The Most Underrated GTA Ever

234 replies to this topic
JGJONES
  • JGJONES

2010 - A landmark year for games.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:05 AM

Yes, i do think VCS is underrated. If you ignore the annoying glitches then it is quite a good game. It brought new features to the GTA-World like empires. If it had came out before LCS, it would have sold better i reckon. Because LCS was such a rubbish game... people didn't think VCS would be much better thus making it less successfull. The really bad thing is though.... everyone was spoiled by San Andreas. Which makes the ' Stories games seem like a step back.

Hrimfaxi
  • Hrimfaxi

The Doctor

• Members

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

Did anyone ever notice that if you drive over a dead body, the car actually drives over it like a hump rather than the body being transparent and the car "passing through" it?

Didn't notice that until today.

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Hrimfaxi @ Aug 31 2007, 10:45)
Did anyone ever notice that if you drive over a dead body, the car actually drives over it like a hump rather than the body being transparent and the car "passing through" it?

Didn't notice that until today.

Well, it's a sack of now dead skin and bones to I classify that as realistic instead of completely crushing over it.

VictorVance2006
  • VictorVance2006

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:03 AM

Yeah I know its those type of extra things and efforts rockstar put in that deserves to be more regonised, instad of putting this masterpiece in a $20 bargain bin... sad.gif

GTAburnout
  • GTAburnout

The Truth Is Coming!!!

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:41 PM

It is a shame this game floped i find it to be one of the best or the best.
all the extra features really add to this game

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:03 PM

Maybe that's just because it wasn't released on PC, which could add big time to it's timespan.

T-Cipp
  • T-Cipp

GTA's Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:32 PM

GTA VCS= GTA SMFGITFGCS (GTA So Many F*cking Glitches In the F*cking Game City Stories)

luminous piss
  • luminous piss

help me

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:12 PM

VCS is everything Vice City (good game though) should have been.

Swimming, Jet-Skis, more neon-lighting, empires etc.

It's more of a "finished" Vice City in my opinion, which puts it up there amongst my top 5 favourite GTA games.

gameroftheuk
  • gameroftheuk

Gamer/Exploiter

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (VictorVance2006 @ Jul 23 2007, 06:10)
I don't know what it is but VCS is the most ignored gta game to date, it recieved pretty average reviews and didn't sell well. The PSP game was illegally downloaded by much of the community (I however purchased mine. I love the game, I believe that it is one of the best games from the series but somehow its predasessor LCS did much better in reviews and sales when VCS had more content, gameplay variety, characters and longer missions...but some how it was poorly recieved by critics and sales...WHY?

(evidence..this gta out of the 'new' series in the forum ranks the lowest in responses)

because the protagonist is black, look at vc for ps2 with vercetti, it was the best selling gta game ever.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (gameroftheuk @ Sep 11 2007, 16:40)
I don't know what it is but VCS is the most ignored gta game to date, it recieved pretty average reviews and didn't sell well. The PSP game was illegally downloaded by much of the community (I however purchased mine. I love the game, I believe that it is one of the best games from the series but somehow its predasessor LCS did much better in reviews and sales when VCS had more content, gameplay variety, characters and longer missions...but some how it was poorly recieved by critics and sales...WHY?

(evidence..this gta out of the 'new' series in the forum ranks the lowest in responses)

because the protagonist is black, look at vc for ps2 with vercetti, it was the best selling gta game ever.

Nothing to do with Vic being black, it was the storyline noone liked. This and the glitches are what led to the poor reviews compared to LCS which has a great Storyline compared to this and a lot less glitches. Somehow, playaing as a character who's always on about being right and having to dig Lance out of sh*t many times just isn't as good as working for the mafia, defending tutf in Liberty City, Killing Mob king pins and blowing the f*ck out of Fort Staunton.

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (gameroftheuk @ Sep 11 2007, 12:40)

Race has absolutely nothing to do with anything. It's outrageous to even think that. If it did, San Andreas wouldn't have been a great success, would it? It's not behind Vice City by much in PS2 sales, you know.

gameroftheuk
  • gameroftheuk

Gamer/Exploiter

• Members

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:25 AM Edited by gameroftheuk, 12 September 2007 - 01:33 AM.

ok, didnt realize san andreas, it was a success, after all, it would have been a lot better and successful if they don't put that mini f*ckgame in it, making it AO and many store pulled it off the shelf, though they fixed the problem but it stalled the sale quite a bit.

VictorVance2006
  • VictorVance2006

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:32 PM

I believe that VCS has more of a cult following than any other major GTA...

bananasims
  • bananasims

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 01:27 AM

In my opinion, VCS is the worst. Boring and predictable storylines...
But not LCS, LCS is the best game. Those mission like killing Kazuki Kasen, blowing up Fort Staunton, controlling Paulie Sindacco's car to kill forellis or to threaten the leader of the union is very exciting, so that I like playing it.

JediLucas5
  • JediLucas5

The Jedi Master

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (GunnerBrian @ Sep 11 2007, 15:12)
VCS is everything Vice City (good game though) should have been.

Swimming, Jet-Skis, more neon-lighting, empires etc.

It's more of a "finished" Vice City in my opinion, which puts it up there amongst my top 5 favourite GTA games.

This is why I love Vice City, the night life, the great music (80s/90s) the GOOD times, and in an awesome place, MIAMI! (well based off of it) It's a perfect city tbh.

Vice City Stories in my opinion, should of been a sequel for Tommy's adventure. Because I miss a lot of the buildings that were in the original Vice City. Still with the neon lights etc. (there OWNAGE)

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:21 AM

I thought VCS was a really good game, just not as good as Vice City. icon14.gif

Vice City is the best GTA all of time. IMO

Berkley
  • Berkley

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 02 February 2008 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Feb 2 2008, 05:21)

SA is better for many reasons. (At the moment)

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:14 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 02 February 2008 - 09:17 AM.

QUOTE (Berkley @ Feb 2 2008, 19:00)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Feb 2 2008, 05:21)

SA is better for many reasons. (At the moment)

In your opinion? Yes.

SA is a great game, but I just think Vice City is the best out of all of them. icon14.gif

Chickstick
  • Chickstick

Fortunate Son

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:38 AM

I used to think VCS was the worst of all the 3-D GTAs, but I've been playing it a lot recently and I have to admit it's grown on me a lot.

III is still my favourite GTA by far, but I'm not sure what my least favourite is.

.:Alex:.
  • .:Alex:.

Bitter and Twisted

• Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:42 AM

Well I've only got the PS2 versions of VCS and LCS (I don't have a PSP and I'll never get one), and I do believe that the PS2 version of VCS is really good. Not the best GTA game, but it's probably the most fun to due the way it's been designed and is probably my favourite. It just grows on you, there's something really likeable about it in the end.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:17 PM

I don't know what it is but VCS is the most ignored gta game to date, it recieved pretty average reviews and didn't sell well. The PSP game was illegally downloaded by much of the community (I however purchased mine). I love the game, I believe that it is one of the best games from the series but somehow its predesessor LCS did much better in reviews and sales when VCS had more content, game play variety, characters and longer missions...but some how it was poorly received by critics and sales...WHY?

Interesting notion. I think all the new games get hated on when first mentioned and first released. I have to totally agree that VCS has a whole lot more going on. And it is a waaaaaaaaaaay better story. The reviews I have read gave VCS more props than LCS. I have said it before and will say it again. VCS is the standard for portable gaming. I would love to see Rockstar come back to the PSP exclusively, but time will tell. The drop a new game every year so it possible that the company is done with the PSP, but if sony keeps upgrading and not creating a totally new system then Rockstar may come back, hopefully it won't be that god forsaking san andreas stories crap all these cry babies are crying for. sheesh.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Dec 28 2008, 00:17)
I don't know what it is but VCS is the most ignored gta game to date, it recieved pretty average reviews and didn't sell well. The PSP game was illegally downloaded by much of the community (I however purchased mine). I love the game, I believe that it is one of the best games from the series but somehow its predesessor LCS did much better in reviews and sales when VCS had more content, game play variety, characters and longer missions...but some how it was poorly received by critics and sales...WHY?

Interesting notion. I think all the new games get hated on when first mentioned and first released. I have to totally agree that VCS has a whole lot more going on. And it is a waaaaaaaaaaay better story. The reviews I have read gave VCS more props than LCS. I have said it before and will say it again. VCS is the standard for portable gaming. I would love to see Rockstar come back to the PSP exclusively, but time will tell. The drop a new game every year so it possible that the company is done with the PSP, but if sony keeps upgrading and not creating a totally new system then Rockstar may come back, hopefully it won't be that god forsaking san andreas stories crap all these cry babies are crying for. sheesh.

To be honest doing SAS would be best, because 1. it would stop all these topics regarding it and all the hate as you like to say towards any other portable game R* would plan and 2. it would end the GTA3-canon in a more proper way without killing off every character just for the hell of it.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Stefan @ Jul 23 2007, 21:23)
QUOTE (starion @ Jul 23 2007, 19:23)
GTA: London 1961 is the most underrated. No-one even knows about it..  sad.gif

how about GTA for the Game Boy Color?

tounge.gif

Hows that for underrated?

It isn't underrated, it deserved the next-to-none attention it received.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Dec 27 2008, 23:21)
QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Dec 28 2008, 00:17)

To be honest doing SAS would be best, because 1. it would stop all these topics regarding it and all the hate as you like to say towards any other portable game R* would plan and 2. it would end the GTA3-canon in a more proper way without killing off every character just for the hell of it.

If Rockstar does come back to PSP, Id like to see an all new city with no ports for the first year. We all know you are biased to West Coast culture Flesh *eyes roll*......I am still happy they are not doing that game. To get back on topic though. VCS is way better than LCS....The story is not predictable. VCS is probably the most underrated game, III being the most unexpected game, San Andreas & LCS the most overrated. Vice City...was just right as far as ratings go.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:51 AM

San Andreas is the best game in the world, it could never be overrated. It's everything a game should be and its re-playability is immense. Even after 4 (going 5) years I still play it and have fun.

So tell me, how is it overrated?

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Jordy. @ Dec 28 2008, 01:51)
San Andreas is the best game in the world, it could never be overrated. It's everything a game should be and its re-playability is immense. Even after 4 (going 5) years I still play it and have fun.

So tell me, how is it overrated?

I second that statement. Not only because it's set on the west coast but replay value, features, soundtrack and everything with the game is perfect. For me IV and Vice City are the most overrated GTA's, respect to them both though. If anything LCS is underrated as well, neither stories were well praised.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:41 AM

I think SA is a bit overrated. Without the features I don't think it would be all that great.

Atleast with GTA III, and VC those games are loved by people, without relying on features. Ask most people why they think SA is the best GTA ever made, and I can guarantee most will say because of the stuff you can do in it.

For instance I think VC is the best GTA game, but not because of any of the features, but because of the story, characters, atmosphere, setting, music etc.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Dec 28 2008, 03:41)
For instance I think VC is the best GTA game, but not because of any of the features, but because of the story, characters, atmosphere, setting, music etc.

And personally I think SA is the best GTA for the exact same reasons. It just differs from opinion to another. We have so many SA lovers on this forum and I'm pretty sure if they're a true GTA fan they love it because of other reasons than features. I for one don't care about most of the features unless it was a really good one such as swimming, I enjoy playing all of the GTA's for numerous reasons.

Playstation_Loyalist
  • Playstation_Loyalist

Life's short. Get over it, moron.

• Members

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:05 PM

I'll give some of my views about why Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories is NOT underrated:

1. The storyline was good, yet the missions involved are quite easy, way too easy compared to Liberty City Stories.

2. Glitches. Garage Car Saving Glitch. The Vice Point Mall Pedestrian Glitch. The draw distance glitch. Little Haiti Bridge Car Spawn Glitch. Tell me, did IGN made a wrong decision?

3. The new characters were not quite good. Only antagonists such as Jerry Martinez and the Mendez Brothers and protagonists such as Victor Vance only had an elaborative stint in the game storyline.

Many complain about LCS getting a better rating over VCS. Why?

1. Loading the game is faster in LCS.

2. Lagging is minimized.

3. Good storyline.

4. Detailed characters, connections to each character were strong.

5. AI is better.

Only the atmosphere and game play of the game VCS got a higher notch over LCS.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:10 PM

LCS has good storyline? That's down to opinions but the game didn't even have a main antagonist ffs. Torini only showed up twice during the whole storyline and we never heard or had any problems against him until the end. Plus VCS was too easy? Missions like High Wire and Turn On, Tune In, Bug Out put anything from LCS down. Plus escaping wanted levels in VCS is way harder compared to LCS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users