Photo

GFX R&T: My thoughts on the rules

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic
TheRoper
  • TheRoper

West Coast

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:35 PM Edited by TheRoper, 21 July 2007 - 07:38 PM.

Hey guys, I haven't been in here in quite some time, but something's bugging me...

I see a few topics where people didn't use the required format, so they got locked. That's fine (although, I still think that format needs fixing, and it certainly isn't necessary all the time). BUT, then the topic starter makes a new topic using the correct layout, and then THAT topic gets locked 'cause you're supposed to wait 10 days.

That doesn't make any sense to me. The first one getting locked, I can understand. But then they fixed what was wrong and re-posted. Why would that deserve a lock? If anything, it should get a reply like "Thanks, good job." Plus, technically, it's even the SAME request, so it should not break the 10 day rule.

My 2 cents.

PS - I still love you, CCPD. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

PPS - What the f*ck ever happened to jarjar? And paps for that matter? notify.gif

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

It's not really my place to be imposing on anything in here, but I have to agree. I think in Big Vinny's case, I will just delete his first thread and re-open the second.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:58 PM

I completely agree with you man. While I don't post much here anymore, I have followed along and checked this place out often since way back when I was actually active in here during my first two years.

The rules have always gone from strict to soft to strict again as power shifts and sh*t, but lately, they have been a little too strict. Nazism with the rules isn't fun for anyone and it sure doesn't help any of them either.

I'm not saying that whoever is moderating here isn't doing their job well. They just might want to consider it. A person who might come in here requesting a signature, only to get it locked because of lack of proper formatting should be allowed a second chance to request it in the proper format. It is ridiculous to lock it for one reason such as improper format, and then lock the new correct request because of the technicality that the person had posted a previous request that was left unfulfilled because of the moderator's personal actions.

anuj_cop.gif

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:36 PM Edited by geomy, 21 July 2007 - 08:41 PM.

It's real easy:
Before you post your request topic, read the Rules and Guidelines. Make sure you look over and use the given Graphics Request Format when posting your request topic. Otherwise, your topic will just be locked.

It's at the top of every page in this that part of the forum. Read the rules, abide by them, and there are no problems.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:39 PM Edited by CCPD, 21 July 2007 - 08:47 PM.

Im not the one who made the rules on GFX Requests & Tutorials, Im not the one to change them. Anuj and papanesta made the rules, which need to be obeyed at all times.

I already explained everything to Big Vinny about this matter, but it looks like he will not rest, so I explain here. When someone makes a request and decides to ignore the clearly written warning at the top of the forum, the topic gets locked as a result of broken rules. Even though the topic is locked its still count as a valid topic, because people can see it and can still fulfill request through PM if they wish to. Now another rule applies which is 10 days waiting time, because you did made a request, but its your fault you refused to read the rules. When I was promoted to Let-By I was clearly tolled that I need to be fare and obey GTAF rules at all time in order to give example to the new members. I followed papanestas actions very closely to see what and how need to be done, as he had more experience then I. The rules were in power for a long time, but sometimes there were no one to enforce them. If you check some topics then you would see that if the request layout doesnt apply its not enforced.

I do not appreciate that Big Vinnys situation somehow become different to everybody elses, and I dont appreciate that his topic become unlocked. I feel like Big Vinny thought that hi is some kind of a big shot and rules doesnt apply to him because he is long time member on GTAF. His PM proved that I was correct, as hi admitted that he didnt see anything against the rules. Out of all he should of known that GTAF stays one of the best and cleanest forums because of the rules, which need to be followed in order to remove all the crap that happens on other forums. I agree that the rules are not perfect and Im planning on PMing papanesta about making some changes to make everything even clearer.

I will not treat anyone different, no matter if your are a n00b or a long time member.

Moved to GTA Network Team.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:50 PM Edited by Digtl vl, 21 July 2007 - 08:53 PM.

QUOTE (CCPD @ Jul 21 2007, 20:39)
Im not the one who made the rules on GFX Requests & Tutorials, Im not the one to change them. Anuj and papanesta made the rules, which need to be obeyed at all times.

I already explained everything to Big Vinny about this matter, but it looks like he will not rest, so I explain here. When someone makes a request and decides to ignore the clearly written warning at the top of the forum, the topic gets locked as a result of broken rules. Even though the topic is locked its still count as a valid topic, because people can see it and can still fulfill request through PM if they wish to. Now another rule applies which is 10 days waiting time, because you did made a request, but its your fault you refused to read the rules. When I was promoted to Let-By I was clearly tolled that I need to be fare and obey GTAF rules at all time in order to give example to the new members.  I followed papanestas actions very closely to see what and how need to be done, as he had more experience then I. The rules were in power for a long time, but sometimes there were no one to enforce them. If you check some topics then you would see that if the request layout doesnt apply its not enforced.

I do not appreciate that Big Vinnys situation somehow become different to everybody elses, and I dont appreciate that his topic become unlocked. I feel like Big Vinny thought that hi is some kind of a big shot and rules doesnt apply to him because he is long time member on GTAF. His PM proved that I was correct, as hi admitted that he didnt saw anything against the f*cking rules.

Out of all he should of known that GTAF stays one of the best and cleanest forums because of the rules, which need to be followed in order to remove all the crap that happens on other forums. I agree that the rules are not perfect and Im planning on PMing papanesta about making some changes to make everything even clearer.

I will not treat anyone different, no matter if your are a n00b or a long time member.

Moved to GTA Network Team.

All I have to say is:

1. This shouldn't of been moved to the GTANetwork area. It fit fine in graphics forum as that was what the topic was addressing. Now it just looks like an open call for all moderating on the forum. Which wasn't the case.

2. An actual moderator already addressed this problem in this topic and sided with the creator. Usually, moderators out-level a led-by in their reasoning and knowledge on how it should be done

3. By the way, the rules have not been around for a long time You haven't even been here for a little more than a year and a few months. In some of our members, for people who don't frequent the graphics forum every day, (such as Vinny) these rules are completely new to them.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (Digtl vl @ Jul 21 2007, 20:50)
By the way, the rules have not been around for a long time You haven't even been here for a little more than a year and a few months. In some of our members, for people who don't frequent the graphics forum every day, (such as Vinny) these rules are completely new to them.

It doesnt mean they not apply to him!

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (CCPD @ Jul 21 2007, 20:54)
QUOTE (Digtl vl @ Jul 21 2007, 20:50)
By the way, the rules have not been around for a long time You haven't even been here for a little more than a year and a few months. In some of our members, for people who don't frequent the graphics forum every day, (such as Vinny) these rules are completely new to them.

It doesnt mean they not apply to him!

Do you mean, "It doesn't mean that they do not apply to him?"

When did we get led-bys who can't type?

Btw: nice edit there on the title. At least it helps keep this thread on topic.

Personally, I think you are so bent on enforcing the rules to the strictest level that you aren't keeping any sort of an open mind at considering what people are actually trying to say. Even if their reasoning is well put and worth looking at.

Stefan
  • Stefan

Krimea

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:10 PM Edited by Stefan, 21 July 2007 - 09:20 PM.

I never made a gfx request topic in my entire time as a member here. But after reading this topic, I took a mere look in the GFX Requests & Tutorials, and saw the bundle of topics that are locked for not following the guidelines. To me, thats very pointless. Going to a topic, copying and pasting just so my topic wouldnt be locked.

What if I gave the GFX Artist a free draw, and see what he could come up with? Would that have to be within the format too? Not a good idea imo. Would I have to specify a name? would I really need to be soo specific about what I want? If I was, I would just say it:

I wanted a 400x70 sig, with this background here, scanlines, a 2 pixel black border and my name on the top left.

Example: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=286264

All the person would do is write all of that in a request form. One of which I think is lame.

I think the rules are too strict, and that CCPD locks too many topics. Hes gonna say he only enforces the rules. Well then get someone else to enforce them.

By the way CCPD, thanks for not making that Vice City Sayings Topic banner for me that I asked via PM.

Edit: By the way. I think the GFX Section deserves a better Led-By. From the mere visit I just made after I posted, and saw one case. A guy posted a request without the format, and it was locked. He made another topic, this time with the rules being followed. CCPD posted: Only one request per author every ten days, and locked it. Thats really lame. I really think you should reconsider about letting him continue to moderate that forum.

Pat.
  • Pat.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:24 PM

I have to say, I agree.

You lock their topic, telling them to use the correct layout. Then if they try to use the correct layout, you lock the topic yet again. I realize you're doing this because it's another request, but think about it; it's not another request. It's the same request. The least you could do is do something similar to the modding section; give them 24hrs to edit with the correct layout, or the topic gets locked.

CCPD, you're a great PhotoShop artist, and you're a good choice for a GFX ledby, but you're getting way too strict.

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:57 PM

Simply because someone doesn't follow some format, which there is no way of someone knowing until they read the rules, and we all know hardly anyone will think to, and then they have to wait 10 days for a simple mistake?

icon13.gif

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:19 PM

You know how with Polls you have to put the selection to choose from? Well, is there a way to have something like that in the GFX Section where it shows up as Title, Source, Name and whatever else is needed? It could work if there is a way to do that

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:48 PM Edited by CCPD, 21 July 2007 - 10:54 PM.

@ Digtl vl: I wrote what I wrote; typing error is not rare on Internet, but you pointing this out is just low. I didnt edit the title, if you think so, than check your eyes. There is nothing to think about or say, rules are simple, get over it and just follow them. You dont even visit GFX Requests & Tutorials. The only reason you in this topic is that because Big Vinny is a member of South Side Hoods. You would agree with him even if he would say the most retarded bullsh*t in the history of universe.

@ Stefan: There is nothing hard in reading, unless you are a retard. Rules are simple, follow them and nothing will be locked. Your example is acceptable. As long as you answer most of the stated questions in the formal request, vertically or horizontally, it will not get locked. Feel free to browse topics in GFX Requests & Tutorials to see for yourself.

papanesta sometimes busy with other important things, so Im the one who enforce the rules in GFX Requests & Tutorials in order to keep is clean from the crap like: I wont sig . make me one. FFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAASSSSSSTTTTTT.

Do you have any idea how many PM I receive asking me to do GFX for them? Im not on a payroll here; I choose which requests to answer and which not to. I dont live in GTAF, but your request was next on my list. It was very low to mention that, especially after all I did for GTAF.

There is a reason why you are not the one who chooses who to promote and who not to. Especially as you already mentioned you never visited GFX Requests & Tutorials before and never saw the crap people post there. anuj and papanesta in other hand were tired of all that bullsh*t, and wrote the rules in order to prevent any more topics I gave example above.

@ Pat.: I do give a chance sometimes to edit topic, but I refuse to do so if the topic is reported. As I said I will not treat anyone differently. Big Vinny is not a n00b and he should have known that rules are actually enforced on GTAF. There is a reason we have warning written at the top.

QUOTE (GFX Requests & Tutorials)
Before you post your request topic, read the Rules and Guidelines. Make sure you look over and use the given Graphics Request Format when posting your request topic. Otherwise, your topic will just be locked.

If you dont give a sh*t then accept the consequences. The lack of control is a magnet for the n00bs to go on a spam spree. Everyone accepted and agreed with my decision, only Big Vinny couldnt stop whining about it. I mean come on be a man.

Thank you very much for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

@ Runey.: Follow the simple rules and no one makes you wait 10 days. Is it really that hard?

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (CCPD @ Jul 21 2007, 22:48)
@ Digtl vl: I wrote what I wrote; typing error is not rare on Internet, but you pointing this out is just low. I didnt edit the title, if you think so, than check your eyes. There is nothing to think about or say, rules are simple, get over it and just follow them. You dont even visit GFX Requests & Tutorials. The only reason you in this topic is that because Big Vinny is a member of South Side Hoods. You would agree with him even if he would say the most retarded bullsh*t in the history of universe.

How wrong you are. I visit the entire graphics section weekly to check up on stuff. That includes the request area. I don't post in it anymore mainly because of how lame it has become. When I first joined, that area was much much more active and enjoyable to be around. Not much anymore. I even pointed that out in my initial post. What, are you not even reading people's posts fully anymore?

The only reason I pointed out the mistake is because it is clear that it is not merely an "internet" mistake, it is an obvious mistake in your understanding of English grammar. I pointed it out because I noticed obvious mistakes in most of your posts. Using incorrect words, strange structure, etc. Now, I'm not saying you are dumb, I simply was pointing out the fact that someone who is supposed to be helping people on a primarily English speaking only forum, should be able to type and speak it properly. The way you structure sentences and type your posts gives me a headache.

Anyways, I didn't think badly of you before hand; however, your reaction to how a majority of people have responded in this topic toward your actions shows me that you probably shouldn't be led-by for that section of the forum anymore. You obviously can't handle it properly.

Additionally, with the title. If you didn't edit the title name yourself, a moderator probably did seeing as when it was created it didn't have the "GFX R&T:" in it when it was in the graphics section. So no, I don't need to check my eyes, they work fine. Better than your memory does obviously.

And don't try to degrade my character by saying that I am only saying what I think because I follow example from another member of my gang, like a sheep. As you can see, I am the only member of my gang to say anything about this. It has nothing to do with what group I am in or with who I am associated worth. Unlike some gangs on here, we don't find it entertaining or mature to go and gangbang the f*ck out of random topics just because it is somewhat related to a member of ours who has been wronged in some way. So no, this has nothing to do with just Vinny. It has to do with your lack of ability to be led-by for the section properly.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:20 PM

All of you need to back the f*ck off. Seriously.

CCPD is just following the rule I created. So straight away, leave him out of it.

@TheRoper, I'm still here. I can assure you of that.

The rule was created to avoid new people to the forum not learning a lesson, and just getting what they want. All forms of rule are there to be read. Especially when you are warned to do so at the top of the page! And you're right, the format doesn't apply to everything, but it does to most.

@Digtl vl, first of all, the rule topic in there might not be new in regards to how old this forum is. But that set of rules has still been there for well over a year!

You don't have to go into a part of the forum everyday to check/know the rules.

QUOTE (Digtl vl @ Jul 21 2007 @ 21:04)

Ooo, aren't we the hypocrite? Leaving a question mark inside a quote, what a silly mistake!

@geomy, you've got it right, mate. wink.gif

@Stefan, a "mere look" tells you f*ck all. Move on. smile.gif

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:26 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. No one can be liked by everyone. I didnt react, I just responded to the points that were put in front of me. You can speak Oxford English and still be a total prick, but you are correct English is not my first language.

Thanks papanesta, I knew you would understand.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:31 PM

I have to understand, I put the rule in place.

Fact is, it wouldn't be there if it wasn't considered a problem at some point.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:36 PM Edited by Digtl vl, 21 July 2007 - 11:39 PM.

QUOTE (papanesta @ Jul 21 2007, 23:20)
@Digtl vl, first of all, the rule topic in there might not be new in regards to how old this forum is. But that set of rules has still been there for well over a year!

You don't have to go into a part of the forum everyday to check/know the rules.

QUOTE (Digtl vl @ Jul 21 2007 @  21:04)

Ooo, aren't we the hypocrite? Leaving a question mark inside a quote, what a silly mistake!

Nice one, I will give you credit for that. lol. It was originally meant to be an exclamation point as he had originally posted, with a question mark on the outside. Obviously it didn't end up that way. Oh well. A minor error like that is different than the stuff he types. He explained the reason and it is understandable.

Perhaps it isn't just the rules in question but rather the way that CCPD is enforcing them. That would involve him then.

btw CCPD: You can speak another language primarily and sound like a prick as well. Being a led-by doesn't make you exempt from it. Using the tone you had and some of the words you used isn't excusable simply because English is not your first language. And I am not even addressing how you spoke to me, rather other members as well.

But that isn't the point of the whole topic. It is about the way the rules are currently being enforced.

Stefan
  • Stefan

Krimea

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:45 PM

Wait wait wait. Papanesta mentioned that the rules are made to be enforced, but this doesnt mean if the guy doesnt post in the form, that the topic should be locked. If the post is thorough and well thought, I dont think a form is needed at all.

Now something I just dont buy is that if a member makes a crappy made topic, and you lock it. He goes and makes another one within forum rules, I think the second topic should be plausible for leaving open.

Im not trying to make enemies here at all. I just say what I saw, and I see the matter turned into a big issue.

Bottom line. CCPD, would continue on his moderation of the GFX R&T forum but be a bit less strict upon the members. Whenever that kind of incident happens, he should permit the member to make another topic if its within the rules.

I guess thats what all of us are trynna say.

Bigs
  • Bigs

OG

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:58 PM

I don't think CCPD is being 'too strict' with the way he leads that forum. I mean, that Requests forum usually gets like two or three new topics a day, it's not like he's locking them left and right.

The rule itself is a good one, I remember used to when I did requests all the time people would come in and be completely non specific with what they wanted and it just became useless.

Rules are rules, and it's not like this is a difficult one. Big Vinny should have known, and it's the rule is plastered all over that forum.

You've been in a pretty argumentative mood lately, haven't you Digital? I think you may want to downsize your ego just a bit. Better for everyone. icon14.gif

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2007 - 12:03 AM Edited by CCPD, 22 July 2007 - 12:06 AM.

Digtl vl what do you mean by stating that I somehow differently enforcing the rules, and what exactly so horrible did I say to you or anybody else? Also can you point where I mentioned that I was an exception? I think now you are just trying to change the subject.

I do agree that I might had to make it clearer how the 10 days waiting time works, and how the end result might have looked strange to some. No worries I already PMed papanesta about improving the rules. The fact is we use zero tolerance police. The rules were enforced correctly and to the point.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 22 July 2007 - 12:18 AM

Alright, I don' think this matter needs any more input. It's up to those in charge of the GFX section to decide if the rules need to be revamped or not.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

Yea lets go and slate the staff for enforcing the rules? As papanesta said; the rule was created due to the obvious problem that was occurring at the time, the fact is this rule helped stomp out the problem. When we asked CCPD to become a led-by I told him to keep to the forum specific rules, if he felt they should be changed he could discuss it with anuj/papanesta. So I suppose you can have a go at me for telling CCPD to enforce the rules. I mean lets think about it, all the staff must be complete idiots for enforcing the rules around here, its not like you accepted to upon posting or anything.

The rules aren't enforced any differently across the staff unless they are unknown to the area, whether it be a led-by/mod/admin who enforces it. I've locked many'a topic in there because it broke the rules, which deems the whole personal attack thing bollocks.

The topic creator made a decent point, shame the other attackers couldn't do the same.

What happened DigitalEvil? Ego tripping against anyone and everyone recently, TP, this etc. Give it a rest. You used to ignore it all, now you seem to be arguing for the sake of it.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:35 PM

So pretty much the bottom line is that you're all mad that if you don't read the rules you have to suffer through punishment of not reading the rules? Or is it the strictness of said rules that has caused me to have to read all this sh*t?

Well, tough f*cking luck I guess. If you like I could decrease the wait time to nine days, but I doubt it would help.

If you're reading this in August 2012 also, you should PM him the codewords.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users