Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:25 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 18 September 2017 - 03:26 PM.

I seen Kormac and his big band play live a couple of NYE's ago. Amazing gig. Didn't really know his stuff before, just bits and bobs. I really should pick up some of his stuff.

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:17 PM

Any fans of Four Tet here? His new album is due any day now (can't remember when exactly) and I'm quietly optimistic. I wasn't too fond of his last release Morning/Evening at first but it did grow on me. I think he suits the longer tracks that have time and room to develop. Here's one of the songs known to be on his upcoming album, New Energy.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:02 PM Edited by EmSixTeen, 26 September 2017 - 06:02 PM.

Any fans of Four Tet here? His new album is due any day now (can't remember when exactly) and I'm quietly optimistic. I wasn't too fond of his last release Morning/Evening at first but it did grow on me. I think he suits the longer tracks that have time and room to develop. Here's one of the songs known to be on his upcoming album, New Energy.

JbGom_FLTCU

I love Four Tet, but not on the front foot searching for music any more.. Just happened to catch him posting some obscure Spotify track under random artist names - didn't realise an album was on the way!

Every time this plays after not hearing it for a while, I can't get enough of it.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

https://www.newgroun...ated=1506791229

Something new from me <3

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:50 PM

One of my favorite tracks from Forza Horizon 3.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 2 weeks ago

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 2 weeks ago

I have always got time for Boards Of Canada... always. I believe they'll release an album before the year is out.

A few years ago I found out that DJ Hi-Tek (producer and beat wrangler behind a lot of Die Antwoord's music) releases solo music under the alias of Seven Ark. I snapped up his album Noise Of The New some time back and it's a great listen, very atmospheric and if you weren't aware prior you'd probably have trouble believing he has anything to do with Die Antwoord at all.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted A week ago Edited by Mister Pink, A week ago.

I hope so!  I've become kind of obsessed with all their work over the last few years.

Didn't know about Seven Ark. That's really nice actually. Cheers for putting me on to him. 

Been listening to a bit of Plaid this week. This is a nice track..

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted A week ago

Plaid's an artist I haven't really listened to all that much. I think I've spent so long in my Boards Of Canada bubble that I've completely overlooked him. I do have some tracks knocking about though, mostly from compilations. Oddly, I seem to enjoy his remix treatments more than his original output. This track is from that massive vinyl boxset Warp Records released a few years ago.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted A week ago

I get you with the Boards bubble. I love BoC that when I try find something similar, I'm just thinking "it's not BoC" though :p If that makes sense. Autechre is another. My old buddy's two favourite artists are BoC and Autechre but found Autechre a little harder to get in to. Although I do enjoy Incunabula. I can like them but can't seem to love them. Maybe I should try again. I did enjoy that remix though. 

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted A week ago

Autechre are a weird one for me. When I heard Tri Repetae I loved it. There was so much character hidden between these beats that sounded like they could fall apart at any moment. It felt like what Boards Of Canada would make if they'd gone insane and spent their childhood listening to drill and bass. Nothing else of theirs has really caught me. I was very intrigued when they released their mammoth elseq project last year, which is essentially five hours worth of glitch and experimental music. I still haven't managed to get through it, I just pick at the tracks here and there.

Here's a comparison:

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Been really digging Jamie xx lately. He puts out a lot of low-key and atmospheric house tracks that are perfect to unwind to after a long day. 

This ones a personal favourite of mine from In Colour and also a very underrated one. Reminds me of drifting off to sleep on a train while its raining outside. 

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

• Facade
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted A week ago

Neat young talent from France:

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Nintendo Console

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Some Classic Trance being produced in 2017. Miracle.

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 3 days ago

Trance is well overdue a subtle comeback. It was done to death in the late 90s and early 00s but I'm keen to hear what can be done with today's software and hardware.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users